Election 2018 Open Thread - Part 1
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 06:52:19 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Election 2018 Open Thread - Part 1
« previous next »
Thread note

Pages: 1 ... 124 125 126 127 128 [129] 130 131 132 133 134 ... 179
Author Topic: Election 2018 Open Thread - Part 1  (Read 209877 times)
Illini Moderate
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: -4.00

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3200 on: November 08, 2018, 09:00:30 PM »

If Democrats manage to take the Arizona senate seat and all of the outstanding California congressional districts...then I would say they had a very good midterm overall.  It certainly wasn't perfect and I probably wouldn't even call it a wave, but I would still be happy with the results.

I would definitely feel better. I would consider it a splash or a ripple. But even if I end up feeling that way, remembering Florida will happen and make me feel s****y again. That is, unless Nelson pulls off a miracle. As for the Governor's race, f*** Andrew Gillum. I don't think I even want him to be Governor anymore. It's not like I have to live in Florida. They deserve to live with another one of their mistakes for the next four years. Scott winning though, does affect me and the rest of the country, and it is driving me bonkers! It's like Scott is casting a cruciatus curse on me!

*rolls eyes 
Your whining is just getting annoying at this point. Definitely a certified snowflake
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #3201 on: November 08, 2018, 09:02:02 PM »

If Democrats manage to take the Arizona senate seat and all of the outstanding California congressional districts...then I would say they had a very good midterm overall.  It certainly wasn't perfect and I probably wouldn't even call it a wave, but I would still be happy with the results.

I would definitely feel better. I would consider it a splash or a ripple. But even if I end up feeling that way, remembering Florida will happen and make me feel s****y again. That is, unless Nelson pulls off a miracle. As for the Governor's race, f*** Andrew Gillum. I don't think I even want him to be Governor anymore. It's not like I have to live in Florida. They deserve to live with another one of their mistakes for the next four years. Scott winning though, does affect me and the rest of the country, and it is driving me bonkers! It's like Scott is casting a cruciatus curse on me!

Dems only losing a seat or two in an extremely stacked Senate map, gaining 35-40 seats in an extremely gerrymandered House map, and gaining 7 governors is not a "ripple", lol. It's a wave.

My condition is basically Florida senate to be called a wave. Ik its a small margin but there is no reason a swing state senator should have lost in a wave.

It's definitely an outlier...but outliers happen. You wouldn't have expected Gary Peters and Tom Wolf to win by double digits in a Republican wave. Or Harry Reid and Michael Bennet to win re-election in a Republican wave. Pretty much everything outside of Florida is consistent with a wave.
Aurelio21
Rookie
Germany

« Reply #3202 on: November 08, 2018, 09:02:40 PM »
« Edited: November 08, 2018, 09:07:45 PM by Aurelio21 »

Anybody, who thought it would end with FakeNews: Now, simply declaring himself election winner suffices. Ask Mr Kemp and Mr Scott how this is done.

If this is not enough, just mention "Hillary Clinton" in any sentence. This justifies anything and deflects from your own misdeeds ;-)
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #3203 on: November 08, 2018, 09:02:47 PM »

Dems only losing a seat or two in an extremely stacked Senate map, gaining 35-40 seats in an extremely gerrymandered House map, and gaining 7 governors is not a "ripple", lol. It's a wave.

My condition is basically Florida senate to be called a wave. Ik its a small margin but there is no reason a swing state senator should have lost in a wave.

Maybe the characterization of Florida as a swing state is becoming less valid.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3204 on: November 08, 2018, 09:04:00 PM »

Still not clear when updated numbers are going to be posted in the SOS system.
The Free North
CTRattlesnake
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3205 on: November 08, 2018, 09:04:05 PM »

Scott has filed a lawsuit agains the Broward County election supervisor

https://www.nationalreview.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/scottvsnipes.pdf
The Free North
CTRattlesnake
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3206 on: November 08, 2018, 09:04:43 PM »

And Marco Rubio is still complaining to whoever will listen on twitter.

lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3207 on: November 08, 2018, 09:05:13 PM »

Maybe the characterization of Florida as a swing state is becoming less valid.

Then again scott only won by 1 point in 2014 too.
Its just tough to make it out. It seems like national environment really does affect it much.
henster
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3208 on: November 08, 2018, 09:06:08 PM »

This is from the Sinema campaign. Three more batches one is expected to be good for McSally.

Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #3209 on: November 08, 2018, 09:07:39 PM »

That's basically my caveat too. And I know I'm pissing people off with my negativity, but it's always been there. It's in my username.
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: 2.26

« Reply #3210 on: November 08, 2018, 09:07:57 PM »

It's definitely an outlier...but outliers happen. You wouldn't have expected Gary Peters and Tom Wolf to win by double digits in a Republican wave. Or Harry Reid and Michael Bennet to win re-election in a Republican wave. Pretty much everything outside of Florida is consistent with a wave.
In all four of those races, you would expect that result if you knew who their opponents were.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #3211 on: November 08, 2018, 09:08:14 PM »

The Free North
CTRattlesnake
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3212 on: November 08, 2018, 09:09:38 PM »

deleted.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #3213 on: November 08, 2018, 09:10:58 PM »

This is from the Sinema campaign. Three more batches one is expected to be good for McSally.

So pretty much Senator-elect Sinema is going to happen. If McSally can only get one of those batches to favor her, she's done.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #3214 on: November 08, 2018, 09:13:36 PM »

So pretty much Senator-elect Sinema is going to happen. If McSally can only get one of those batches to favor her, she's done.

It’s actually only two more batches. This conversation is from yesterday, today’s drop was one.
Pandaguineapig
United States

« Reply #3215 on: November 08, 2018, 09:13:51 PM »

If that's true, good news for Scott
MillennialModerate
MillennialMAModerate
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3216 on: November 08, 2018, 09:14:16 PM »

Can’t someone compare past votes in these counties and this years?
Snipee356
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.65

« Reply #3217 on: November 08, 2018, 09:14:30 PM »

Can someone explain to me what is going on in Florida? What is Scott trying to accomplish with this lawsuit? Can Nelson win?
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #3218 on: November 08, 2018, 09:15:03 PM »

It’s actually only two more batches. This conversation is from yesterday, today’s drop was one.

Okay so we have this one favoring Sinema, the next one will be McSally and number three will be Sinema.
InheritTheWind

« Reply #3219 on: November 08, 2018, 09:15:09 PM »

Yeah if Sinema breaks even or even nets votes from this next batch, she’s won IMO. Anyone know when they’ll be counted?
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3220 on: November 08, 2018, 09:16:03 PM »

Yeah if Sinema breaks even or even nets votes from this next batch, she’s won IMO. Anyone know when they’ll be counted?

There’ll be a batch tomorrow
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.25, S: -6.50

« Reply #3221 on: November 08, 2018, 09:16:27 PM »

I seriously have no idea where you are getting this. All they said was that they finished counting the ballots and were reviewing them, which was expected.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #3222 on: November 08, 2018, 09:16:35 PM »

In all four of those races, you would expect that result if you knew who their opponents were.

Sure, but you can say the same thing here. Scott is a popular incumbent governor who outspent Nelson by a bazillion dollars and will win by like 0.1% if he's lucky. In a "Dem ripple" this race wouldn't even be in question right now.
MillennialModerate
MillennialMAModerate
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3223 on: November 08, 2018, 09:17:41 PM »

Can someone explain to me what is going on in Florida? What is Scott trying to accomplish with this lawsuit? Can Nelson win?

Scott is trying to safety net his victory.

Anything is technically possible but I’d put the odds at literally 100/1 against.

Then again that’s just my “act” I guess
Pandaguineapig
United States

« Reply #3224 on: November 08, 2018, 09:18:11 PM »

I seriously have no idea where you are getting this. All they said was that they finished counting the ballots and were reviewing them, which was expected.
That means other than about 250 provisionals and overseas ballots Broward is done
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 126 127 128 [129] 130 131 132 133 134 ... 179  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies