Official 2022 Congressional Election Results Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 01:04:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Official 2022 Congressional Election Results Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 279 280 281 282 283 [284] 285 286 287 288 289 ... 557
Author Topic: Official 2022 Congressional Election Results Thread  (Read 283696 times)
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #7075 on: November 10, 2022, 07:41:46 PM »

My point is Kirkmeyer still has a shot, so it shouldn't be blue.

It's been called

And she conceded the race lol
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #7076 on: November 10, 2022, 07:42:32 PM »

House Math

This is a “best case R” map made by fellow user scutosaurus, which I generally agree with. Democrats need to win 5 of the light red seats here for a majority. CO-03 is gone, so discount that.

I feel fairly good about Dems winning 2-3 of the light red CA seats. That leaves four competitive races in WA, OR, and AZ to decide things.

I don’t necessarily think Dems are favored but it’s absolutely doable.

That Republican win of TX-15 looks like a dagger thrust into the heart of what remains of Democratic south Texas.  Tongue
Hope For A New Era
EastOfEden
YaBB God

« Reply #7077 on: November 10, 2022, 07:43:57 PM »

Apparently Colorado SoS is sending new supervisor after the previous supervisor left, something to do with mistakes by county clerk?

Not sure what's happening, but now people on Twitter are theorizing that the vote totals might have been accidentally switched in the Pueblo dump. I'm not sure if they re grasping at straws or not.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #7078 on: November 10, 2022, 07:44:22 PM »

I do think it's fair to expect states to count all the votes they receive by or on election day that night/morning. No problem at all with ballots postmarked before election day being counted if they arrive late. But the vast majority should be counted within 24 hours at most. We know it's possible to do, just do it.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7079 on: November 10, 2022, 07:45:52 PM »

Apparently Colorado SoS is sending new supervisor after the previous supervisor left, something to do with mistakes by county clerk?

Not sure what's happening, but now people on Twitter are theorizing that the vote totals might have been accidentally switched in the Pueblo dump. I'm not sure if they re grasping at straws or not.
Copium for sure.
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7080 on: November 10, 2022, 07:46:01 PM »

Reminder that nobody should be considering CA-27 anything other than tossup.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7081 on: November 10, 2022, 07:46:21 PM »

At this point I'd be willing to consider most scenarios. Something weird is going on.
Kamala's side hoe
khuzifenq
YaBB God
United States

P P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #7082 on: November 10, 2022, 07:46:47 PM »

Personally I think Chavez-DeRemer is favored in OR-5. Hard to see how McLeod-Skinner wins this.

If that's the case then McLeod-Skinner did pretty terribly in Clackamas County,  only winning by 2 when it's Biden+11

Edit - and her district even chops off the Republican northeast part too...

42% of the Clackamas portion and a decent chunk of the Multnomah (Portland) portion of the district are still out.  Most of the votes are counted in Linn County as well IIRC and that’s the biggest Republican bastion in the district.

Funny we could technically have an R representing a small chunk of Portland

Yeah I have all of the light red seats in scutosaurus’s map that sestak posted going R, including OR-5. (But I’m still keeping the faith!) I’d be very surprised if OR-6 flips, judging from which parts of urbanized Metro PDX are in there.
philly09

« Reply #7083 on: November 10, 2022, 07:47:15 PM »

The fact that Boebert hasn't declared victory says something. Even Garcia did and it's likely he loses.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7084 on: November 10, 2022, 07:47:50 PM »

At this point I'd be willing to consider most scenarios. Something weird is going on.
"Weird". Boebert winning a batch of votes is not weird. Yes they are mail votes, but Colorado is literally an all mail state so the same trends are not as strong as everywhere else.
Hope For A New Era
EastOfEden
YaBB God

« Reply #7085 on: November 10, 2022, 07:48:10 PM »

Okay, still not sure what's going on with the county clerk stuff, but it appears that this is the situation:

- About 3000 left in Pueblo
- Unknown number left elsewhere
- About 1200 military/overseas
- Unknown number of cured ballots
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #7086 on: November 10, 2022, 07:49:15 PM »

New Washington numbers are coming in by the thousands every few minutes, so I'm giving up on trying to track and post all the ups and downs, but it looks like no huge movement either way. WA-8 is now at somewhere in the mid-to-high 70s% in terms of reporting %.
Dani Rose
danixander92
United States

« Reply #7087 on: November 10, 2022, 07:49:59 PM »

New Washington numbers are coming in by the thousands every few minutes, so I'm giving up on trying to track and post all the ups and downs, but it looks like no huge movement either way. WA-8 is now at somewhere in the mid-to-high 70s% in terms of reporting %.

Bringing down Kent would be a sweet, sweet consolation for maybe not beating Boebert.
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7088 on: November 10, 2022, 07:50:08 PM »

"Weird". Boebert winning a batch of votes is not weird. Yes they are mail votes, but Colorado is literally an all mail state so the same trends are not as strong as everywhere else.

Yes, let's stay away from the conspiracies for now. The state probably has their reasons, and will in time make them clear. Though I'm sure this won't help the electoral atmosphere around the race.

Edit: and they do reveal infomation:

Interlocutor is just not there yet
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.04

« Reply #7089 on: November 10, 2022, 07:51:06 PM »

Democrats path for the House majority just became much more harder without CO-03. But Democratic majority in the House is still a possibility. I see this new path without CO-03 through CA-13, CA-22, CA-41, OR-05, WA-03 and one of AZ-01/AZ-06/CA-27/CA-45

Again, that we're talking about the Democrats path for House majority going through CO-03 nearly 48 hours after Election Day is a victory in itself.

No one should sell that short.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7090 on: November 10, 2022, 07:51:28 PM »

Yes, let's stay away from the conspiracies for now. The state probably has their reasons, and will in time make them clear. Though I'm sure this won't help the electoral atmosphere around the race.
I was not saying there was a "conspiracy". Just that I was open to some "unusual?" things coming about because of personnel issues and uneven reporting of ballots.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7091 on: November 10, 2022, 07:52:27 PM »

Democrats path for the House majority just became much more harder without CO-03. But Democratic majority in the House is still a possibility. I see this new path without CO-03 through CA-13, CA-22, CA-41, OR-05, WA-03 and one of AZ-01/AZ-06/CA-27/CA-45

Again, that we're talking about the Democrats path for House majority going through CO-03 nearly 48 hours after Election Day is a victory in itself.

No one should sell that short.
For sure!
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #7092 on: November 10, 2022, 07:55:01 PM »

Any updates on Nevada?
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #7093 on: November 10, 2022, 07:56:07 PM »

Dani Rose
danixander92
United States

« Reply #7094 on: November 10, 2022, 07:57:23 PM »

So uh, any chance at all that these Navajo, Coconino, and (presumably) Apache returns save O'Halleran? I genuinely don't know enough about Arizona politics to judge.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #7095 on: November 10, 2022, 07:57:36 PM »

RFK Jr.’s Brain Worm
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7096 on: November 10, 2022, 07:58:30 PM »

In the race for CA-03, Sierra County dropped a total of 79 votes this afternoon lol. Kiley is now doing slightly better than he had been doing here (+25 total instead of about +24 before the “drop”), but yeah. 79 votes lol.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7097 on: November 10, 2022, 07:59:00 PM »

So uh, any chance at all that these Navajo, Coconino, and (presumably) Apache returns save O'Halleran? I genuinely don't know enough about Arizona politics to judge.
I suppose it *might* be possible? It would be really close, though.
That Schweikert is still behind is kind of surprising to me.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #7098 on: November 10, 2022, 07:59:04 PM »

Anyone getting NY-22 2020 vibes from CO-03? Right down to the similarities between the pairs of candidates.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7099 on: November 10, 2022, 07:59:11 PM »

Can Laxalt pull this off?
Pages: 1 ... 279 280 281 282 283 [284] 285 286 287 288 289 ... 557  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies