Official 2022 Congressional Election Results Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 04:37:31 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Official 2022 Congressional Election Results Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 276 277 278 279 280 [281] 282 283 284 285 286 ... 557
Author Topic: Official 2022 Congressional Election Results Thread  (Read 292825 times)
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #7000 on: November 10, 2022, 06:59:08 PM »

If they're sticking to their usual schedule, there should be a new batch of ballots coming in in Washington in a few minutes.
Dani Rose
danixander92
United States

« Reply #7001 on: November 10, 2022, 06:59:31 PM »

The fact that the race was even close at all should be a big wake up call to Lauren boebert

Her constituents were clearly not impressed by her antics and if I was her I would tone it down going forward.

It's one thing to be a very passionate conservative who is willing to fight with the Dems when it comes to their policies, its another thing entirely to behave, the way Lauren boebert has since she has been in office.

Evidently she's just been hurling insults at her opponent and the people voting against her since the results started pouring in, so uh, about that.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7002 on: November 10, 2022, 06:59:38 PM »

Someone tell me if I’m wrong on any of this because the constant bombardment of info

CO-3 seemed D and now appears R
CO-8 seemed D and now appears tilt R?
MD-6 seemed D and now appears R
CA-41 seemed R and could go D….

Which puts the house either 100% R or R with 1 more GOP win?

The Senate races appear to being going D at least in AZ and probably NV

Governors ….Arizona is a tossup and Nevada is a Likely R, Oregon is obviously D despite no call.

NO, but can go either way
NO
NO
Kinda of

Can you just not complain how everything is bad until we get a clearer picture?

Where is the complaint?….

Okay, I apologize for being so harsh, it's just that your earlier posts here about how bad things are going made me write this. Forgive me, please. Actually, there's no telling who will win the House, I'd say 50/50, so we'll see

Apology accepted.

Everyone saying it’s a jump ball - was that factoring in CO-03 as a win or loss

CO-03 as a win.  At this point it's not a jump ball, but (if we can switch sports) the Democrats are in the position of a team that's down a touchdown with 5 minutes left.  Favored?  No.  Doable?  Yes.
Yeah.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #7003 on: November 10, 2022, 07:00:26 PM »

The fact that the race was even close at all should be a big wake up call to Lauren boebert

Her constituents were clearly not impressed by her antics and if I was her I would tone it down going forward.

It's one thing to be a very passionate conservative who is willing to fight with the Dems when it comes to their policies, its another thing entirely to behave, the way Lauren boebert has since she has been in office.

That's something I've been wondering too.  Will she take the lesson to heart and moderate her tone (assuming she prevails), or will she double down on the craziness?
LimoLiberal
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.71, S: -4.00

« Reply #7004 on: November 10, 2022, 07:00:31 PM »

BLUE WAVE ALERT IN ARIZONA

Gila County is done save for ~300 votes, which might shift margins ~1 point more Republican

Masters won it 62-36
Lake won it 66-34

Trump won it in 2020 66-32

Kelly outperformed Biden's margin by 8 points, Hobbs by 2 points.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7005 on: November 10, 2022, 07:00:47 PM »

Evidently she's just been hurling insults at her opponent and the people voting against her since the results started pouring in, so uh, about that.
I see Boebert is emulating the path of Marilyn Musgrave, likely to its eventual conclusion.
Dani Rose
danixander92
United States

« Reply #7006 on: November 10, 2022, 07:01:29 PM »

I see Boebert is emulating the path of Marilyn Musgrave, likely to its eventual conclusion.

In the words of Stephen King, ka's a wheel. It all comes back around.
Crumpets
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7007 on: November 10, 2022, 07:02:48 PM »

If they're sticking to their usual schedule, there should be a new batch of ballots coming in in Washington in a few minutes.

Just posted on WA SoS site:

New totals for WA-8:
Schrier (D) 53.2% (+0.5%)
Larkin (R) 46.5% (-0.5%)

Don't see any changes in WA-3, but WA-8 can probably be called for Schrier.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7008 on: November 10, 2022, 07:02:57 PM »

In the words of Stephen King, ka's a wheel. It all comes back around.
I'm kind of surprised that CO-03 is even this close. I expected Ds to do well in the House, but I did not have CO-03 as one of the marquee races helping decide who had a majority.
Aurelius
Cody
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.35, S: 0.35

P P
« Reply #7009 on: November 10, 2022, 07:03:28 PM »

California is considerably more R than it "should" be given the national environment.  Newsom is only up 57/43 currently.  Is this a mirage or another NY situation?  Note that the post-election updates today and yesterday have pushed the state more R so far.

Hard to say, because 1. LA County is huge and 2. it doesn't really have any easy comp counties. When I made the map the two trends that popped out is that counties that were 1. more progressive and 2. in close proximity to the Bay Area trended harder toward Dahle (probably because Larry Elder scared them). LA is probably more progressive than its surrounding counties, but it is definitely not more progressive than Humboldt or Santa Cruz. But yeah, I definitely expect the county to shift at least 2 or 3 points leftward from current results when all is said and done.

I might be overfitting the progressiveness thing based on Humboldt, less confident on that one than the Bay Area one. It also might just be that bigger metros are shifting harder toward Dahle from the recall.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Newsom underperforms the recall, this is something I’ve discussed with Abdullah. With COVID receding there’s less of a pro-incumbent environment this year.

But given the insane R margins/D underperformance in the uncalled SoCal House seats with <60% of the vote in, I sure hope it’s an R mirage and not a mini-NY. Steel and Garcia shouldn’t win reelection with anywhere close to double-digit margins… (Young Kim, maybe- her district is the most R and she’s been the most unfairly slighted by the Leipverse meme economy)
Yeah, I expect Dahle to end up with at least 41% at this point. I think the biggest factor is that Larry Elder was a very effective bogeyman for Dem turnout and Brian Dahle isn't.
Aurelius
Cody
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.35, S: 0.35

P P
« Reply #7010 on: November 10, 2022, 07:04:59 PM »

This is likely Boebert’s final term. If the party comes down hard on her like they did on Cawthorn she’ll lose her primary.
I doubt they do, I hear she's been acting a lot more normal lately.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #7011 on: November 10, 2022, 07:05:09 PM »

New totals for WA-8:
Larkin (R) 46.5% (-0.5%)

I’m guessing that’s an update from the King county portion, and that the update from the other counties will bring Schrier’s margin down a bit, but yeah, that race is probably over. WA-03 is really hard to predict.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7012 on: November 10, 2022, 07:06:06 PM »

New totals for WA-8:
Larkin (R) 46.5% (-0.5%)

I’m guessing that’s an update from the King county portion, and that the update from the other counties will bring Schrier’s margin down a bit, but yeah, that race is probably over. WA-03 is really hard to predict.
Not surprising...the House results are mostly 2020 redux, and WA-08 barely changed at all in partisanship.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7013 on: November 10, 2022, 07:06:21 PM »

Lauren Boebert has this I think. If there are only about 3,000-5000 Ballots in Pueblo Frisch would need some 80+ % of them to erase that 1,229 Vote lead Boebert now has.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #7014 on: November 10, 2022, 07:08:26 PM »

How is the southwest/I-13 corridor  and the house at large looking? Been off for 3 hours.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7015 on: November 10, 2022, 07:08:40 PM »

Lauren Boebert has this I think. If there are only about 3,000-5000 Ballots in Pueblo Frisch would need some 80+ % of them to erase that 1,229 Vote lead Boebert now has.
I might have called this for Frisch a while back. Assuming such - If Boebert wins here, it would be the first call of mine to have proven wrong.
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #7016 on: November 10, 2022, 07:08:59 PM »

What happened there?
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #7017 on: November 10, 2022, 07:11:13 PM »

House Math

This is a “best case R” map made by fellow user scutosaurus, which I generally agree with. Democrats need to win 5 of the light red seats here for a majority. CO-03 is gone, so discount that.

I feel fairly good about Dems winning 2-3 of the light red CA seats. That leaves four competitive races in WA, OR, and AZ to decide things.

I don’t necessarily think Dems are favored but it’s absolutely doable.
MillennialModerate
MillennialMAModerate
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #7018 on: November 10, 2022, 07:11:20 PM »

I might have called this for Frisch a while back. Assuming such - If Boebert wins here, it would be the first call of mine to have proven wrong.

Welcome to the club
Crumpets
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7019 on: November 10, 2022, 07:11:59 PM »
« Edited: November 10, 2022, 07:16:39 PM by Miscellaneous Top Secret Crumpets »

New totals for WA-8:
Larkin (R) 46.5% (-0.5%)

Just to give some idea of how much might be out in these races, WA-8 is at 74% of 2018 turnout and WA-3 is at 72% (different boundaries though). However, NYT still lists both races as "67% in" so they must be expecting higher turnout. Either way, still probably a couple more days before we hit >90% reporting in either.
MillennialModerate
MillennialMAModerate
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #7020 on: November 10, 2022, 07:12:36 PM »

Anyone think that since 218-217 is really impossible to get anything passed in - that it’s better for Dems politically if the GOP wins the majority (at that number specifically I mean)
No War, but the War on Christmas
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7021 on: November 10, 2022, 07:12:41 PM »

The most sane Republican circa 2032, maybe earlier.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7022 on: November 10, 2022, 07:12:52 PM »

AZ-06 has already been called and I see little reason to believe the call is off.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7023 on: November 10, 2022, 07:13:21 PM »

Welcome to the club
It really sucks this is the likely outcome. I told people IRL that Boebert was "95% likely" to have lost.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7024 on: November 10, 2022, 07:15:59 PM »

AZ-06 has already been called and I see little reason to believe the call is off.

I mean Ciscomani is literally under running Trump in the 2 counties fully in (albiet they are both small and not necessarily representative of the rest of the district)

Unless someone has precinct level results that shows Engel is not getting what she needs out of the Tucson suburbs, I don’t see how they could’ve made the call. I’d say Ciscomani is favored though.
Pages: 1 ... 276 277 278 279 280 [281] 282 283 284 285 286 ... 557  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies