Official 2022 Congressional Election Results Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 05:05:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Official 2022 Congressional Election Results Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 545 546 547 548 549 [550] 551 552 553 554 555 ... 557
Author Topic: Official 2022 Congressional Election Results Thread  (Read 283988 times)
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #13725 on: December 02, 2022, 10:30:44 AM »

Adjusting for uncontested seats, gonna be a pretty darn fair map nationally. Enjoy it while it lasts because Ohio/North Carolina redraws are incoming

New York better make up for that. 

The NY Supreme Court (the trial court) has said no to that, and I strongly doubt that the appellate division, or for that matter the Court of Appeals, even if it takes the case which I doubt, will want to precipitate a reanimation of the more than ample supply of partisan hack clowns and a redux of the partisan circus.  (Oh, I see that the Judge who blew the Dem plaintiffs out, was Peter Lynch, a Democrat that I voted to put on the ballot as the Dem candidate when I was active in Dem politics in Columbia County, and who agreed with me that partisanship was a bane that stalked the NYS court system – small world.) The Dems are almost certainly going to have to live with the Cervas map, as tweaked by Judge McAllister, until 2032.

“There may still be further developments in the congressional redistricting issue. A group of voters filed a suit asking a state judge to order the commission to redraw congressional lines, submitting a second round of maps to the Legislature. The suit was dismissed in September but is being appealed.”

https://www.gothamgazette.com/state/11685-explainer-new-york-redistricting-story-cuomo-congress

The article by the way is an excellent recounting of what happened, in which I and a couple of other posters here had front row seats. I don’t agree with the assertions that the Court of Appeals errored in not giving the dysfunctional Commission a third bite of the apple, but I won’t get into that right now.
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« Reply #13726 on: December 02, 2022, 10:54:57 AM »

Adjusting for uncontested seats, gonna be a pretty darn fair map nationally. Enjoy it while it lasts because Ohio/North Carolina redraws are incoming

The NY Supreme Court (the trial court) has said no to that, and I strongly doubt that the appellate division, or for that matter the Court of Appeals, even if it takes the case which I doubt, will want to precipitate a reanimation of the more than ample supply of partisan hack clowns and a redux of the partisan circus.  (Oh, I see that the Judge who blew the Dem plaintiffs out, was Peter Lynch, a Democrat that I voted to put on the ballot as the Dem candidate when I was active in Dem politics in Columbia County, and who agreed with me that partisanship was a bane that stalked the NYS court system – small world.) The Dems are almost certainly going to have to live with the Cervas map, as tweaked by Judge McAllister, until 2032.

“There may still be further developments in the congressional redistricting issue. A group of voters filed a suit asking a state judge to order the commission to redraw congressional lines, submitting a second round of maps to the Legislature. The suit was dismissed in September but is being appealed.”

https://www.gothamgazette.com/state/11685-explainer-new-york-redistricting-story-cuomo-congress

The article by the way is an excellent recounting of what happened, in which I and a couple of other posters here had front row seats. I don’t agree with the assertions that the Court of Appeals errored in not giving the dysfunctional Commission a third bite of the apple, but I won’t get into that right now.

There is a new Court of Appeals judge being appointed.  Hochul can make sure that this person is aware of developments regarding redistricting in North Carolina and Ohio.  The state Supreme Court decision can be appealed to this court.  Heck, Dems should just go ahead and repass a map in the legislature and replay the process with a new state court of appeals majority.  Two can play this game.

If the current maps in NC and OH were to stand and DeSantis was forced to recreate the old FL-05 in Florida, I would agree with your opinion on this.  Unfortunately, Dems need to play by the rules Republicans are playing by in other states on this.
Atlas Force
mlee117379
United States

« Reply #13727 on: December 02, 2022, 11:00:17 AM »

Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #13728 on: December 02, 2022, 11:00:28 AM »
« Edited: December 02, 2022, 11:07:06 AM by Torie »

The NY Supreme Court (the trial court) has said no to that, and I strongly doubt that the appellate division, or for that matter the Court of Appeals, even if it takes the case which I doubt, will want to precipitate a reanimation of the more than ample supply of partisan hack clowns and a redux of the partisan circus.  (Oh, I see that the Judge who blew the Dem plaintiffs out, was Peter Lynch, a Democrat that I voted to put on the ballot as the Dem candidate when I was active in Dem politics in Columbia County, and who agreed with me that partisanship was a bane that stalked the NYS court system – small world.) The Dems are almost certainly going to have to live with the Cervas map, as tweaked by Judge McAllister, until 2032.

There is a new Court of Appeals judge being appointed.  Hochul can make sure that this person is aware of developments regarding redistricting in North Carolina and Ohio.  The state Supreme Court decision can be appealed to this court.  Heck, Dems should just go ahead and repass a map in the legislature and replay the process with a new state court of appeals majority.  Two can play this game.

"Everyone" but Torie assumed that the Court of Appeals was a bunch of partisan hacks the last time around this track, and that judges don't give a damn about their professional reputations. What you wrote posits that the replacement judge will throw his or her oath of office into the dumpster along with their reputation. I will leave it at that.
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« Reply #13729 on: December 02, 2022, 11:05:32 AM »
« Edited: December 02, 2022, 11:17:58 AM by Mr.Phips »

"Everyone" but Torie assumed that the Court of Appeals was a bunch of partisan hacks the last time around this track, and that judges don't give a damn about the professional reputations. What you wrote posits that the replacement judge will throw his or her oath of office into the dumpster along with their reputation. I will leave it at that.

What’s the sense in caring about your “professional reputation” when the other side doesn’t?  Agreeing to overturn the court of appeals decision on this should be a requirement for appointment by Hochul.  Especially when Singas and DiFiore were probably paid off by Republicans for their vote.  

And Andrew Cuomo has the nerve to whine about the SALT deduction cap not being repealed when he appointed judges that contributed to Republicans having a majority in the House, which will likely result in the cap never being lifted or repealed. 
Gracile
gracile
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -7.65

« Reply #13730 on: December 02, 2022, 12:08:13 PM »

NV-SEN precinct map:

GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #13731 on: December 02, 2022, 02:00:04 PM »

Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #13732 on: December 02, 2022, 02:01:01 PM »

It's going to feel so great shoving this in the face of every smug conservative who insisted that 'nobody cared about Jan. 6."
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #13733 on: December 02, 2022, 03:43:08 PM »

Moderator Notice

Following discussion among the mods, we have instituted the following policy for the Congressional Election Results and GA-SEN threads, effective immediately.  There will be zero tolerance for concern trolling, dooming, or any other form of trolling.  Offenders will be muted from the Congressional Elections Board until after the Georgia runoff.  There will be no other warnings given.

This includes trolling as an attempt at humor or satire; if that spoils your fun, you should probably find another source of amusement.

Due to MillennialModerate's egregious behavior in this regard during the general election, this action has already been taken in his case.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #13734 on: December 02, 2022, 04:41:16 PM »

It's going to feel so great shoving this in the face of every smug conservative who insisted that 'nobody cared about Jan. 6."

You know, it's really times like this when I wish pundits and journalists/the press really were held accountable. There were SO many of them that totally lambasted Biden for that democracy speech the week before the election, threw him under the bus, and roasted him for talking about "stuff that people don't care about! economy economy economy!!!" And yet they never have to make a mea culpa after they are SO wrong.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #13735 on: December 02, 2022, 05:13:55 PM »
« Edited: December 02, 2022, 05:17:13 PM by The Address That Must Not be Named »

"Everyone" but Torie assumed that the Court of Appeals was a bunch of partisan hacks the last time around this track, and that judges don't give a damn about their professional reputations. What you wrote posits that the replacement judge will throw his or her oath of office into the dumpster along with their reputation. I will leave it at that.

They were partisan hack DINOs, hence their absurd ruling in that case.  They towed the party line like good little Republicans just as Cuomo would’ve wanted.  The Court of Appeals debased and disgraced the legal profession in that redistricting case with their hyper-partisan judicial activism.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #13736 on: December 02, 2022, 05:21:56 PM »

For all the bad Coverage ABC/Washington Post got for their big Wisconsin Polling Miss in 2020 (They had Biden up 17) THEY DID NAIL the Congressional Ballot Test this year.

Their Final Poll before the Election had R+2 (50-48).
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« Reply #13737 on: December 02, 2022, 06:26:12 PM »

They were partisan hack DINOs, hence their absurd ruling in that case.  They towed the party line like good little Republicans just as Cuomo would’ve wanted.  The Court of Appeals debased and disgraced the legal profession in that redistricting case with their hyper-partisan judicial activism.

And yet Cuomo continues to whine about the state and local tax deduction cap, which will remain in place because of the Republicans he helped elect to the House by appointing these judges.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #13738 on: December 02, 2022, 07:25:24 PM »

Duarte officially wins in CA-13

He leads Gray by 565 Votes after the Final Fresno County Drop. San Joaquin, Stanislaus, Merced & Madera had already certified their Results.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #13739 on: December 02, 2022, 07:35:00 PM »

Duarte officially wins in CA-13

He leads Gray by 565 Votes after the Final Fresno County Drop. San Joaquin, Stanislaus, Merced & Madera had already certified their Results.

Duarte might win with a closer raw vote margin than Boebert.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #13740 on: December 02, 2022, 08:37:36 PM »

For all the bad Coverage ABC/Washington Post got for their big Wisconsin Polling Miss in 2020 (They had Biden up 17) THEY DID NAIL the Congressional Ballot Test this year.

Their Final Poll before the Election had R+2 (50-48).

Not sure why ABC/Wapo got a bad rep, it was literally one poll and anyone could tell that it was just a one-off bad miss. Their national polling close to the election has generally been very good, similar with NBC News.
Spectator
United States

« Reply #13741 on: December 02, 2022, 09:14:12 PM »

Peltola’s margin got pushed to a flat 10% by late ballots. 55.0% to 45.0%

https://www.cnn.com/election/2022/results/alaska/us-house-district-1
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #13742 on: December 02, 2022, 10:20:38 PM »

The final call:

Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #13743 on: December 02, 2022, 10:57:08 PM »

The final call:

Technically Boebert hasn't been called yet.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13744 on: December 02, 2022, 11:08:57 PM »

The odd thing about this is that the shift in the national environment looks more correlated with the Dobbs decision. Democrats ran on January 6th in the 2021 elections, and not just in Virginia but in many state elections like in New Jersey. Republicans also did great in the Texas special election just before Dobbs, while suddenly days after they started doing worse than Trump like in Nebraska 1st.  Maybe the RGV was just doing its own thing the whole time, and normal Republicans in state elections  like Youngkin didn't mean anything for federal elections either. It looks like Democrats did get a boost, but it is a big unknown if Republicans were ever heading for a wave or if they were underperforming the whole time.
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #13745 on: December 03, 2022, 01:35:06 AM »

We're almost closer to inauguration day than to election day and we are still calling races. This isn't acceptable.
Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

« Reply #13746 on: December 03, 2022, 03:51:29 AM »

Looks like 222-213 has been confirmed. Not that good for Rs, but it gives them a lot more wiggle room than just 218 or 219 seats.
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #13747 on: December 03, 2022, 08:05:13 AM »

Looks like 222-213 has been confirmed. Not that good for Rs, but it gives them a lot more wiggle room than just 218 or 219 seats.

Yeah it's definitely as many House seats as I wanted, but every seat counts.  And I think with VA-04 vacant, I think it'll be a 222-212 house for a bit. 

It will still make retirements and, heaven forbid, defections or deaths a lot more interesting. 
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #13748 on: December 03, 2022, 08:05:31 AM »

By the AP, but other outlets such as ABC already have. (Also, Frisch conceded, lol)
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #13749 on: December 03, 2022, 08:41:39 AM »

The Dems will need to focus on a new message.

I don’t know, it seems like Dobbs worked to overcome some but not all of the Dems’ expected midterm turnout advantage. Doesn’t make sense to ditch what worked when they should expect a Presidential campaign to address the problems with minorities and others in safe blue states.

I am just saying I think it will lose salience as it becomes clear that when the smoke clears, most women will be able to still get an abortion in the first trimester without excessive undue inconvenience, so it will get shopworn and lose it's emotional heft. We shall see.

In that case, it will remain salient in some rather big states where abortion is virtually banned (Texas, Georgia, Arizona, Wisconsin) and we will need to see what kind of messaging bill the House R majority passes which would be a national ban.
Pages: 1 ... 545 546 547 548 549 [550] 551 552 553 554 555 ... 557  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies