Comedy Goldmine V: A Tribute to Delayed Sequels with Over-the-Hill Actors
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 27, 2024, 08:07:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Comedy Goldmine V: A Tribute to Delayed Sequels with Over-the-Hill Actors
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13
Author Topic: Comedy Goldmine V: A Tribute to Delayed Sequels with Over-the-Hill Actors  (Read 35455 times)
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -5.57

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: June 15, 2008, 09:17:44 PM »

This one actually made me laugh.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #151 on: June 16, 2008, 11:55:15 AM »

I lul'd at this one

Don't you have a race against NOTA to lose or something?
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #152 on: June 17, 2008, 02:52:29 AM »

It depends on how many people who don't like McCain or Obama decide to stay home and not vote vs. how many show up and vote for someone else.

oh
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #153 on: June 17, 2008, 07:22:10 AM »

Thanks to him and his report, every five year old in the country found out what adultery and oral sex were.
Good point. Maybe I should change my vote to FF.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #154 on: June 17, 2008, 06:06:59 PM »

I think I'm gonna watch a mob movie where people get shot and diegos go after hot dark haired broads.
Lol. Wow. Also it's spelled 'Dago' not 'Diego' hth,

I am a diego. Thus I can spell it whatever way I please.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #155 on: June 17, 2008, 06:21:09 PM »

Piazza is married to a former Playboy Playmate and has a child.
Pretty transparent cover there.  But I think it's great that the Mets had a gay.  Every team needs to have a homosexual player so that kids can learn that,  despite what their bigoted parents may tell them, gays are regular Americans like you and me and productive, admirable members of society.  If only Piazza had the courage to come out, but I completely understand why he didn't.

Thanks for that, Harry.
Albus Dumbledore
Havelock Vetinari
Congo, The Democratic Republic of the

Political Matrix
E: -0.71, S: -2.17

« Reply #156 on: June 17, 2008, 06:22:31 PM »

That is the best post in the thread.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #157 on: June 18, 2008, 08:18:23 AM »

I was never a Maoist but I was a Trotskyist. That was a wierd stage of my life.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #158 on: June 18, 2008, 01:34:32 PM »

Do you plan on getting more votes than Joel Mahoney?

I'm not sure how many votes he got, or what office he ran for, but I plan on getting between 1 & 2% of the vote.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #159 on: June 18, 2008, 03:44:45 PM »

Pure gold, context helps:

Your claim is baseless.  I've even made dumber statements
NDN
Uganda

« Reply #160 on: June 18, 2008, 03:47:22 PM »

Pure gold, context helps:

Your claim is baseless.  I've even made dumber statements
Damn you beat me to it!
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: -6.09

« Reply #161 on: June 18, 2008, 04:11:21 PM »

i think the biggest problem with the sega saturn is that the sony playstation had a better selection of games.   i could be wrong, as im not a video game expert.

i would vote for ralph nader but he is anti-israel.

Click for context.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #162 on: June 18, 2008, 07:06:05 PM »

Please correct the data.  The 7% is "Other" NOT unsure or undecided..  There is also 6% "Not sure."

He entered it correctly.  The "U" is for "undecided."  If you click on the polling link, it shows 7% Other, 7% Undecided.  The latter is rounded up from 6% by Dave's software so that everything adds to 100%.

Typical Alcon.

The figures I quoted are correct, and you are incorrect.

I realize that lefties like you have difficulty comprehending the difference between "Not sure" (the definition used by Rasmussen) and "Other" (the definition used by Rasmussen for candidates other than the Democrat or Republican).

Now, a little simple math:

D     41
R     45
O       7
N       6
T     99

Oh, and what you are implying is that its both acceptable to leave out the "other" vote as well as both round up and change the definition of the "not sure" vote vote to "Undecided."

Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #163 on: June 19, 2008, 03:15:33 AM »

BRTD "facts"

Here's an obvious fact: If Obama were a Muslim he would not be the major party of any nominee for President. Nor would even be a major candidate, and would unlikely even be a US Senator. The simple fact that Obama is this close to being President alone is enough proof he is not a Muslim.

Two years ago, I'm sure BRTD would argue that a Muslim would never be elected to the U.S. House, too! Ironically, BRTD's Congressman is the only Muslim in the U.S. House.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #164 on: June 19, 2008, 08:48:40 AM »

Ugh.... Obama is NOT winning men in Florida.  This poll has some serious internal issues.

Can't Mason-Dixon and Gallup just do everything? 

Gallup's state polls are terrible.  I think we should leave it to Mason-Dixon and Rassy.

For what it's worth, Florida has never had an exceptionally massive gender split.  A Dem being up by 5 among men and winning men is not impossible, and isn't enough for me to reject this poll on premise ("ARG" might be though)

Certainly not impossible, no.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #165 on: June 19, 2008, 10:40:52 AM »

Gporter currently has his senate prediction with the GOP picking up WV
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #166 on: June 19, 2008, 11:39:49 AM »
« Edited: June 19, 2008, 02:44:51 PM by Vice-Chairman ザハル (さはる) »

Gporter currently has his senate prediction with the GOP picking up WV

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #167 on: June 19, 2008, 11:41:54 AM »

BRTD "facts"

Here's an obvious fact: If Obama were a Muslim he would not be the major party of any nominee for President. Nor would even be a major candidate, and would unlikely even be a US Senator. The simple fact that Obama is this close to being President alone is enough proof he is not a Muslim.

Two years ago, I'm sure BRTD would argue that a Muslim would never be elected to the U.S. House, too! Ironically, BRTD's Congressman is the only Muslim in the U.S. House.
Wrong.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #168 on: June 19, 2008, 11:56:54 AM »

BRTD "facts"

Yes, and he got only 55% with a third party candidate getting almost 20% (the votes from people who would never vote for a Muslim or a Republican.) What does that tell you? If the rest of the US was like MN-05 (oh how wonderful would that be!) this example might be valid, but it's blatantly obvious no Muslim could be elected President today and if Obama was a Muslim he would have absolutely no chance whatsoever.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #169 on: June 19, 2008, 12:09:43 PM »

BRTD "facts"

Yes, and he got only 55% with a third party candidate getting almost 20% (the votes from people who would never vote for a Muslim or a Republican.) What does that tell you? If the rest of the US was like MN-05 (oh how wonderful would that be!) this example might be valid, but it's blatantly obvious no Muslim could be elected President today and if Obama was a Muslim he would have absolutely no chance whatsoever.

Uh...he's still an elected Muslim and it's still not a "fact" that a Muslim wouldn't be elected President.

Remember people that said a black man couldn't be elected?

BRTD "facts"

Wrong.

What's wrong about it? My commentary or BRTD's nonsense "facts?"
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #170 on: June 19, 2008, 12:24:33 PM »

BRTD "facts"

Uh...he's still an elected Muslim and it's still not a "fact" that a Muslim wouldn't be elected President.

Remember people that said a black man couldn't be elected?

OK, so if I got elected in MN-05 (which I could, I would beat any Republican here simply because I'd have "DFL" next to my name), that means I could be elected President?

BRTD "facts"

Wrong.

What's wrong about it? My commentary or BRTD's nonsense "facts?"

Your commentary. More specifically that I have the only Muslim Congressman in the country.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #171 on: June 19, 2008, 12:29:12 PM »

OK, so if I got elected in MN-05 (which I could, I would beat any Republican here simply because I'd have "DFL" next to my name), that means I could be elected President?

Do you understand logic?

I said not long ago you would argue that a Muslim couldn't serve in both the House and the Senate. We have one in the House. What's stopping one from being elected to the Senate? To the Presidency? You really are an absolutely dumbass.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Who are the other Muslim Congressmen?
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #172 on: June 19, 2008, 12:32:11 PM »

Do you understand logic?

I said not long ago you would argue that a Muslim couldn't serve in both the House and the Senate. We have one in the House. What's stopping one from being elected to the Senate?

The fact that there is no state demographically similar to a district that has elected a Muslim.

To the Presidency? You really are an absolutely dumbass.

This should be obvious. If a Muslim could be elected why are people spreading the Muslim lie? It'd be worthless if it didn't hurt Obama!

Remember that only 60% of the population said in some poll they'd ever be willing to vote for a Muslim, and considering how people often lie in polls like that...

Who are the other Muslim Congressmen?

Andre Carson
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #173 on: June 19, 2008, 12:42:12 PM »

The fact that there is no state demographically similar to a district that has elected a Muslim.

And if we're going simply by demographics, a black man wouldn't be elected (assuming we're just going on race as you're just going on religion).

Because it scares some people but scare tactics don't always work.

And what does that mean? People change their minds. Remember when people weren't going to vote for Obama?

Oh, good. I forgot that guy. So now we're on track to have more Muslims elected. Soon we'll have one in the Senate, further debunking your stupidity. Thanks for that bit of information.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #174 on: June 19, 2008, 01:22:38 PM »

No debating in the goldmine.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13  
« previous next »
Jump to: