What percentage of the vote will be for neither Obama or McCain?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 17, 2024, 11:01:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  What percentage of the vote will be for neither Obama or McCain?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: What percentage of the vote will be for neither Obama or McCain?
< 0.5%

0.5-1%

1-1.5%

1.5-2%

2-3%

3-4%

> 4%

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 30

Author Topic: What percentage of the vote will be for neither Obama or McCain?  (Read 938 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 16, 2008, 05:06:48 PM »

It was interestingly exactly 1% not for Bush or Kerry in 2004.

I say 1.5-2%, Barr being the strongest among those.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2008, 05:11:16 PM »

I say 1-1.5%. 3rd party candidates rarely do well unless they are strong in their own right. General dissatisfaction with the major party nominees is seldom enough. Besides, I see this as becoming a fairly high-stakes election with a lot of attention which will marginalize the 3rd party candidates.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2008, 07:31:46 PM »

2-3%
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2008, 08:44:38 PM »

It depends completely on whether Barr catches fire or not. It doesn't look like he will, as of now. The rest are just complete jokes.
Reluctant Republican

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2008, 08:45:51 PM »

I知 going to stick my neck out a bit and say around two percent, most of that being disgruntled Paul supporters going for Barr or Baldwin.  This is a very optimistic prediction, however.

I think we値l see Barr get the most votes, followed by Nader, Baldwin, and McKinney.
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2008, 09:41:46 PM »

I知 going to stick my neck out a bit and say around two percent, most of that being disgruntled Paul supporters going for Barr or Baldwin.  This is a very optimistic prediction, however.

I think we値l see Barr get the most votes, followed by Nader, Baldwin, and McKinney.

I think McKinney will finish ahead of Baldwin, but only because a few disaffected Hillary supporters will be unable to bring themselves to vote for Obama, and will vote for McKinney because she's a woman. Not many will, but enough will to put her ahead of Baldwin.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2008, 09:53:25 PM »

Are we counting undervotes?  Not that most states did in 2004.
Reluctant Republican

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2008, 10:02:58 PM »

I think McKinney will finish ahead of Baldwin, but only because a few disaffected Hillary supporters will be unable to bring themselves to vote for Obama, and will vote for McKinney because she's a woman. Not many will, but enough will to put her ahead of Baldwin.

You could be right. There seems to be many Paul supporters who would vote for Baldwin over Barr, but I'm not sure there's enough of them to help Baldwin edge out McKinney. I also think Baldwin will get more evangelical support then the party has in the past, given McCain痴 somewhat strained relationship with them, so that could help him as well. However, I think you are right and that a good number of those Clinton supporters who absolutely refuse to support Obama will not support McCain either and will vote for McKinney over both men. I still think Baldwin will beat her, but its not completely farfetched to say she could perform better then many of us expect.
Brandon H
brandonh
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.48, S: 1.74

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2008, 11:44:45 PM »

It depends on how many people who don't like McCain or Obama decide to stay home and not vote vs. how many show up and vote for someone else.
Aizen
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -9.22

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2008, 01:06:48 AM »

It depends on how many people who don't like McCain or Obama decide to stay home and not vote vs. how many show up and vote for someone else.

oh
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies