Comedy Goldmine XI: The Atlas Forum Demilitarized Zone
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 06:18:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Comedy Goldmine XI: The Atlas Forum Demilitarized Zone
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 71
Author Topic: Comedy Goldmine XI: The Atlas Forum Demilitarized Zone  (Read 193432 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: April 18, 2009, 09:46:21 AM »

Only funny because I don't know that anyone else "freaking loves" Chuck Hagel.  Tongue
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #151 on: April 18, 2009, 12:34:08 PM »

This made me laugh really hard:

A dangerous, dangerous group. And I'm not kidding or trying to be funny: the country would be better off without these people. Their pathetic protests today were filled with hatred and ignorance.

http://www.dailykostv.com/w/001167/

Conservatives are filled with "hatred" and "ignorance" and the link is to DailyKooks
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #152 on: April 18, 2009, 12:40:06 PM »
« Edited: April 19, 2009, 10:53:52 AM by Senator Lief »

This made me laugh really hard:

A dangerous, dangerous group. And I'm not kidding or trying to be funny: the country would be better off without these people. Their pathetic protests today were filled with hatred and ignorance.

http://www.dailykostv.com/w/001167/

Conservatives are filled with "hatred" and "ignorance" and the link is to DailyKooks

I've never read anything nearly as ignorant or hateful on DailyKos as comparing Obama to Hitler is. The site staff actually takes a very hardline stance against that kind of stuff. And the link is to a clip from CNN.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #153 on: April 18, 2009, 12:45:40 PM »

It had nothing to do with the content, just the fact that you called someone ignorant and then cited DailyKos in the same line.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #154 on: April 18, 2009, 02:16:37 PM »

It had nothing to do with the content, just the fact that you called someone ignorant and then cited DailyKos in the same line.

Fail.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #155 on: April 18, 2009, 02:26:37 PM »

Reminds me of the time WalterMItty accused DailyKos of being full of 9/11 conspiracy theorists even though it has a zero tolerance policy against 9/11 conspiracy theories. Promoting them equals an instant ban.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #156 on: April 19, 2009, 04:48:51 AM »

Dwtl could hardly have flaunted his ignorance more clearly.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #157 on: April 19, 2009, 10:14:57 AM »

This isn't the first time he's done it but it never gets old...

but one thing I've noticed is some blacks I've come across act like now that Obama's president, they can afford to be a bit more cocky, entitled, and black guys are getting more aggressive with white women at clubs.  Myself and other union Dems I know have noticed this and there are people I know who aren't happy with it.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #158 on: April 19, 2009, 11:41:23 AM »

This easily could have been accomplished with adult stem cells or those from the umbilical cord
Could you give a source to back this statement?

no need - DWTL is the one of the world's preeminent stem cell scientists.

zing!
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #159 on: April 19, 2009, 07:50:19 PM »

The most alcohol I've consumed is the accidental mouthwash swallow.

Not laughing at the fact that he doesn't drink, of course, but this is just too funny.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #160 on: April 19, 2009, 09:00:58 PM »

Check the thread:

DWTL is no question the best man for your vote. It would truly be an honor to have someone like you cast a ballot in this imaginary game for him, and my sleepless nights would go away in one click of the button "post." I realize this post is extremely serious and needs our attention, which is why I am wasting time working hard to sway you on my fellow RPPers behalf. Please note I will be ignoring your writing assignment request.

First of all, DWTL is for states rights. He doesn't want the oppressive federal government to slide their heavy hands under the wastes of the states. Rick Santorum also doesn't like it when the government slides its hands under PA's waste. It's unclean and uncool.

Second, the kid loves Italy. Forgive his liberal use of the word "sauce." I imagine he was watching And 1 Street Ball, featuring T.I., and had his mind on his favorite player, "Hot Sauce," when he made that post.

Third, his username is "Down with the left," a slogan Mr. Santorum himself uses on a daily basis when referencing Senator Casey.

Fourth, Lief is lame for actually following your request in writing an essay on Santorum. He clearly believes Obama would win Kansas if it was a Obama v. Santorum matchup.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #161 on: April 20, 2009, 09:03:16 AM »

The Train to Sodom picks up speed

The horror!  I recommend you take to the streets wearing a sandwich board covered in Bible passages to warn people of their impending doom.  Or better yet, to emphasize your train metaphor, you should stand around a subway station - or even on a subway train itself - and convince everybody as loudly as you can that they're all going to hell.  It's the only way these sheeple will truly understand their fate.

you should consider that 4000 years ago this situation was prophesied as being part of the end time, and used specific by Jesus and the Apostles as reflecting the state of the world just prior to Christ's return.

I guess you think everything is a grand coincidence.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #162 on: April 20, 2009, 09:24:59 AM »

but one thing I've noticed is some blacks I've come across act like now that Obama's president, they can afford to be a bit more cocky, entitled, and black guys are getting more aggressive with white women at clubs.  Myself and other union Dems I know have noticed this and there are people I know who aren't happy with it.

Actually, it's not terribly surprising when you think about it.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #163 on: April 20, 2009, 04:40:18 PM »

paul718
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: -4.35

« Reply #164 on: April 20, 2009, 05:21:52 PM »

One of my friends is a laborer at a construction site in downtown Manhattan.  He said that on Nov. 5, all of his black co-workers were making the white guys do all the work.  And all the white guys listened. Tongue
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #165 on: April 20, 2009, 11:46:01 PM »

I hate the fact that being unwilling to take a stand on an issue is seen as a sign of moderatism / pragmatism.

How so?  In admitting that issues aren't black and white or in the Tedisco sense?

In the Tedisco sense.  I would admit that abortion isn't black and white.  What I am disputing here is that because this fellow refuses to take a stand on the issue, it makes him a moderate.  The Tedisco comparison is a good one, really.

Most issues do not have only two sides.  There are many angles, many approaches, and many perspectives.  The world is neither black, nor white... moderates recognize that the world is mostly blue with some green spots and see the world in its true and dazzling color.
paul718
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: -4.35

« Reply #166 on: April 21, 2009, 12:00:14 AM »

I hate the fact that being unwilling to take a stand on an issue is seen as a sign of moderatism / pragmatism.

How so?  In admitting that issues aren't black and white or in the Tedisco sense?

In the Tedisco sense.  I would admit that abortion isn't black and white.  What I am disputing here is that because this fellow refuses to take a stand on the issue, it makes him a moderate.  The Tedisco comparison is a good one, really.

Most issues do not have only two sides.  There are many angles, many approaches, and many perspectives.  The world is neither black, nor white... moderates recognize that the world is mostly blue with some green spots and see the world in its true and dazzling color.

Where I come from, that's referred to as "speaking the truth."  Now, seriously, is anyone gonna try to counter that statement?  It's impossible.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #167 on: April 21, 2009, 12:01:32 AM »

There's a difference between actual centrism and moderate heroism. Don is arguing in favor of the latter.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #168 on: April 21, 2009, 12:10:15 AM »

There's a difference between actual centrism and moderate heroism. Don is arguing in favor of the latter.

Yeah, it's hilarious. Check out his Facebook page sometime. Interesting how he isn't the same as he claims to be here...

I love that Don wants to portray someone like myself as only seeing the world in black and white when I really do struggle with the complexities of the world/political issues.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #169 on: April 21, 2009, 12:11:59 AM »

funny stuff only pls, lets not derail yet another thread

Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #170 on: April 21, 2009, 09:08:38 AM »

For Spade:

It's obvious to any idiot how he's changed...but I'll keep that quiet from now.

burn
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #171 on: April 21, 2009, 11:20:43 AM »

For Spade:

It's obvious to any idiot how he's changed...but I'll keep that quiet from now.

burn

->

?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #172 on: April 21, 2009, 11:40:32 AM »

(May 10th - Rick Santorum's Birthday Wink )

The World Cup starts June 11th. What if waiting until May 10th means an election during the first week of the World Cup?

Early May - Graduation
Mid May - PA primary

The above are the only factors that Brown should consider when selecting the election date.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #173 on: April 21, 2009, 12:53:13 PM »

In a little non-comedy response to the above - I like the visualization because I was never the first and certainly am not presently the second.

My simply point in sounding like "the end of the world cometh" or something similar is to posit the reasonable possibility of something catastrophic occurring financially (which would naturally affect everything else, including politics).  This is presently out there where it was not before (although really, in examination of the details, something pretty bad has been in the works for a while).

However, that is not the same thing as thinking "it will occur" and I still have faith that 1) a certain event horizon which bothers me is not occurring and 2) our leaders will make (finally) the correct choices.  In other words, I believe it is still possible we get Japan or a lesser depression rather than another Great Depression or something far, far worse.  Maybe, in the back of my head, I still believe jmfcst, Lief and Lunar too... Smiley  But in my personal life, I am hedging all bets as to the severity of what will occur and by hedging them, I actually am prepared for the rosy scenario too.

The reasons for posting this stuff on this forum is simply to help forumites realize just what is really going on and how pivotal it all is.  I also enjoy talking to the forumites here about the theoreticals, especially Beet and Torie, as it clarifies my own understanding.

Most importantly though, I am trying, probably in vain, to posit the idea I have, which I am quite confident of unlike these other predictions, that this period in history, more than any other in my lifetime or anyone else's at this forum, at least, is a time of revolutionary change/upheaval, one which requires us to reexamine our core beliefs and attitudes.  I am certainly doing so.

That is all - please resume normal comedy...
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #174 on: April 21, 2009, 04:23:44 PM »

That is all - please resume normal comedy...

Be patient.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 71  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies