Mideast Constitutional Convention
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 05, 2024, 09:16:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Mideast Constitutional Convention
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10
Author Topic: Mideast Constitutional Convention  (Read 13378 times)
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: January 18, 2009, 11:49:50 PM »

Mideast Third Constitutional Convention Rules of Order

AYE
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #51 on: January 19, 2009, 11:02:09 AM »

Aye
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #52 on: January 19, 2009, 11:03:15 AM »

Aye
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #53 on: January 19, 2009, 05:51:16 PM »

Motion passes unanimously. Candidates for presiding officer will have until tomorrow (or Wednesday?) at noon to declare said candidacy. Keep in mind that there is a write-in provision for the ballot, but you must accept the write-in vote before the end of the election. So, assuming it begins tomorrow at noon, you will have until Thursday at noon to accept.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #54 on: January 19, 2009, 08:12:46 PM »

Motion passes unanimously. Candidates for presiding officer will have until tomorrow (or Wednesday?) at noon to declare said candidacy. Keep in mind that there is a write-in provision for the ballot, but you must accept the write-in vote before the end of the election. So, assuming it begins tomorrow at noon, you will have until Thursday at noon to accept.

It's a 48 hour vote, so it's not done yet, but yes, elections wil open tomorrow at noon.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #55 on: January 19, 2009, 08:44:37 PM »

It's a 48 hour vote, so it's not done yet, but yes, elections wil open tomorrow at noon.

May be worth it to amend it afterwards to say "Said vote shall last for precisely 48 hours or until a simple majority has been obtained." Just to move things along.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #56 on: January 19, 2009, 09:57:51 PM »

I'd really like to have Peter or Afleitch as Presiding officer.  Peter because constitutionally he is an all around genius and Afleitch because I like alot of his ideas for the region.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #57 on: January 19, 2009, 10:00:38 PM »

I support Inks for Presiding Officer.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #58 on: January 19, 2009, 10:06:14 PM »

I'd really like to have Peter or Afleitch as Presiding officer.  Peter because constitutionally he is an all around genius and Afleitch because I like alot of his ideas for the region.

I think Afletich especially. I think that his role as Governor was misplaced for this particular job (the whole hands-off approach), but as presiding officer (at least the first one) he will better be able to implement many of his ideas and be much more effective at shaping a better Mideast.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #59 on: January 19, 2009, 10:10:12 PM »

May be worth it to amend it afterwards to say "Said vote shall last for precisely 48 hours or until a simple majority has been obtained." Just to move things along.

But there's still a chance that 6 people could vote NAY in the next day.  While your idea would move things along, it sets a dangerous precedent - I could put a motion forward that's supported by some and ensure that my people vote for it first and then just close voting, and that's unnacceptable.  The vote will last for 48 hours.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #60 on: January 19, 2009, 10:13:48 PM »

I hate the idea of the Chief Executive as presiding officer on principle.  This is not based on Inks cause I think he is a pretty honorable guy but if they wanted to the Governor as presiding officer could simply make moves to increase his own power in the region, at the expense of others. 
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #61 on: January 19, 2009, 10:14:06 PM »

But there's still a chance that 6 people could vote NAY in the next day.  While your idea would move things along, it sets a dangerous precedent - I could put a motion forward that's supported by some and ensure that my people vote for it first and then just close voting, and that's unnacceptable.  The vote will last for 48 hours.

Makes sense. Hadn't thought too much about it.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #62 on: January 20, 2009, 08:01:52 AM »

I hate the idea of the Chief Executive as presiding officer on principle.  This is not based on Inks cause I think he is a pretty honorable guy but if they wanted to the Governor as presiding officer could simply make moves to increase his own power in the region, at the expense of others. 

I will pass comment as serving Governor. I made the decision to take no part in these proceedings in my capacity as Governor, let alone chair for the same reason. Inks is free to do as he wishes, but he should not chair proceedings.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #63 on: January 20, 2009, 08:02:13 AM »

I am strongly opposed to Inks as Presiding Officer.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #64 on: January 20, 2009, 08:35:18 AM »

I will pass comment as serving Governor. I made the decision to take no part in these proceedings in my capacity as Governor, let alone chair for the same reason. Inks is free to do as he wishes, but he should not chair proceedings.

So you are saying that you do not wish to be considered as a candidate for presiding officer? At least yet...

Do we have any candidates?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #65 on: January 20, 2009, 12:21:19 PM »

Position of presiding officer of the Convention:
[  ] Inks.LWC
[  ] Write-in: ___________
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -7.48

« Reply #66 on: January 20, 2009, 12:28:48 PM »

Should no other candidate come forward, I am willing to serve as Convention Chair because of the concern expressed about the two roles that possibly conflict that Inks would hold.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #67 on: January 20, 2009, 12:30:43 PM »

HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #68 on: January 20, 2009, 01:03:58 PM »

afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #69 on: January 20, 2009, 01:21:29 PM »

I support Peter
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #70 on: January 20, 2009, 01:49:04 PM »

Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #71 on: January 20, 2009, 05:08:17 PM »

[X] Write-in: Peter
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #72 on: January 20, 2009, 05:52:33 PM »

As of now, I WILL be counting that as a vote for Peter.  I just want to give you the opportunity to say otherwise if that's not the case.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #73 on: January 20, 2009, 05:54:52 PM »

[ 2 ] Inks.LWC
[ 1 ] Write-in: Peter
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #74 on: January 20, 2009, 06:15:19 PM »

As of now, I WILL be counting that as a vote for Peter.  I just want to give you the opportunity to say otherwise if that's not the case.

Not till I leave office Wink It's my support, not my vote. No votes cast remember Grin
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies