Mideast Constitutional Convention
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 11, 2024, 09:54:41 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Mideast Constitutional Convention
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10
Author Topic: Mideast Constitutional Convention  (Read 13237 times)
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2009, 01:57:45 AM »

Just reread it and you're right. We will need to get a few more people in here. Looks like we are stalling at 8.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2009, 01:59:00 AM »

Just reread it and you're right. We will need to get a few more people in here. Looks like we are stalling at 8.

Afleitch and Al should be good for 2 more votes.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2009, 02:03:01 AM »

The following is brought to a vote.  The voting shall last 48 hours and requires 50% participation (10 votes minimum).  The following shall be passed by approval of a simple majority (I amended the title and body since we only have Rules of Order, not Bylaws):

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2009, 02:08:39 AM »

Amendment to the Convention Rules of Order

Aye

To anyone voting that has not yet voted, please vote for both this amendment and the Rules of Order and make sure to mark your vote for each clearly.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2009, 07:58:46 AM »

aye
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2009, 03:40:58 PM »

Aye
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2009, 03:59:33 PM »

Just so we have the record down:

Mideast Third Constitutional Convention Rules of Order
Aye: 8 (benconstine, Franzl, Hashemite, Inks, Meeker, Purple State, SPC, HappyWarrior)
Nay: 0

Aye: 3 (Purple State, Hashemite, HappyWarrior)

A quick problem I am seeing. It is unclear, as everything stands now, what the Rules of Order piece is. There is the Convention bill passed by the Assembly that outlines the Rules of Order, but then a Rules of Order motion we are voting on. Probably should be phrased as the Convention Rules of Conduct. Or, if you want to keep that as the Rules of Order, we should refer to the opening document as the Rules of Conduct and, therefore, we need to change the wording of my Amendment to say Rules of Conduct.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2009, 04:04:02 PM »

AYE to the "Amendment to the Convention Rules of Order"
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2009, 05:37:09 PM »

AYE to the "Amendment to the Convention Rules of Order"
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2009, 06:12:42 PM »

A quick problem I am seeing. It is unclear, as everything stands now, what the Rules of Order piece is. There is the Convention bill passed by the Assembly that outlines the Rules of Order, but then a Rules of Order motion we are voting on. Probably should be phrased as the Convention Rules of Conduct. Or, if you want to keep that as the Rules of Order, we should refer to the opening document as the Rules of Conduct and, therefore, we need to change the wording of my Amendment to say Rules of Conduct.

It has to say "Rules of Order" b/c the Assembly's bill said that we have to set down "Rules of Order."

the thing passed by the Assembly is the Constitutional Convetion Bill or something like that.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2009, 06:32:25 PM »

It has to say "Rules of Order" b/c the Assembly's bill said that we have to set down "Rules of Order."

the thing passed by the Assembly is the Constitutional Convetion Bill or something like that.

But because this Convention has no authority to change the Convention Bill, we can adopt the bill as our Rules of Conduct and then edit them as needed for a smoother running Convention. Or we can just pass an Amendment in the Assembly and wait three days.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #36 on: January 12, 2009, 10:18:07 PM »

But because this Convention has no authority to change the Convention Bill, we can adopt the bill as our Rules of Conduct and then edit them as needed for a smoother running Convention. Or we can just pass an Amendment in the Assembly and wait three days.

But the bill gave the convention permission to change the Rules of Order.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #37 on: January 12, 2009, 10:46:17 PM »

I am looking at possible confusion that may arise from the Rules of Order outlined by the Constitutional Convention Bill and the title of the first of the current pieces the Convention is voting on, which is called the Mideast Third Constitutional Convention Rules of Order. We never formally titled the former as Rules of Order, but have titled the latter as such, which calls some confusion to the piece I sponsored which refers to the Rule of Order.

If that seemed confusing it is because the title situation is confusing. At least to me. If this shouldn't pose a problem we can leave it. Your call.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #38 on: January 12, 2009, 11:51:54 PM »

I am looking at possible confusion that may arise from the Rules of Order outlined by the Constitutional Convention Bill and the title of the first of the current pieces the Convention is voting on, which is called the Mideast Third Constitutional Convention Rules of Order. We never formally titled the former as Rules of Order, but have titled the latter as such, which calls some confusion to the piece I sponsored which refers to the Rule of Order.

If that seemed confusing it is because the title situation is confusing. At least to me. If this shouldn't pose a problem we can leave it. Your call.

That's because the former is NOT the rules of order.  It's a bill passed by the Assembly that set guidelines for the convention, but it's not the rules of order.

It won't pose a problem.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #39 on: January 12, 2009, 11:53:16 PM »

I am extending the vote on the 2 following until we get 10 votes:

Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #40 on: January 12, 2009, 11:54:30 PM »

Current vote status:

Aye: 8 (benconstine, Franzl, Hashemite, Inks, Meeker, Purple State, SPC, HappyWarrior)

This needs 2 more votes.

Aye: 4 (Purple State, Hashemite, HappyWarrior, Franzl)

This needs 6 more votes.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #41 on: January 13, 2009, 11:46:42 AM »

Current vote status:

This needs 2 more votes.

This needs 6 more votes.

BenConstine is another AYE vote for the second one.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #42 on: January 13, 2009, 03:20:21 PM »

Current vote status:

This needs 2 more votes.

This needs 6 more votes.

BenConstine is another AYE vote for the second one.

Thanks - I missed that.
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -7.48

« Reply #43 on: January 13, 2009, 04:53:50 PM »

I vote Aye on the Convention rules, the amendment to the rules and the election of the presiding officer.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #44 on: January 13, 2009, 06:12:45 PM »

I vote Aye on the Convention rules, the amendment to the rules and the election of the presiding officer.

The presiding officer election is every 7 days, so that hasn't happened yet.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #45 on: January 18, 2009, 04:28:36 PM »

I bring the following Rules of Order to a vote:

Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #46 on: January 18, 2009, 08:55:08 PM »

Aye

So now we need 5 votes to pass this? Might as well offer the other motion as well.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

« Reply #47 on: January 18, 2009, 10:33:42 PM »

Aye
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #48 on: January 18, 2009, 11:05:43 PM »

Aye

So now we need 5 votes to pass this? Might as well offer the other motion as well.

What other motion?
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #49 on: January 18, 2009, 11:18:31 PM »

Nevermind, just realized we took care of that with the bill in the Assembly. So once we pass this we elect a presiding officer and begin. Good.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies