Fox: PA Trump +2 AZ Trump +4
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 02:43:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election
  2024 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Fox: PA Trump +2 AZ Trump +4
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Fox: PA Trump +2 AZ Trump +4  (Read 1257 times)
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2024, 07:14:12 PM »

Every Democrat in congress should be shamed for allowing this charade to commence

You do realize Joe Biden is *outperforming* the GCB here in both races right? (by 1% in PA and 2% in AZ), so ...allegedly looks like Democrats in congress could be looking to Joe Biden here for help!
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2024, 07:19:27 PM »

The PA # here is fine, it's completely plausible given that PA polls have generally shown close to a tie on average, and Fox's WI/MI/PA polls all point to a very close race (tie-2pt races)

Fox's Party IDs are ... interesting. I'm not sure if they're going for party registration or party ID; their previous party IDs in 2020 for PA are absurd (D+8, etc.) but now they feel too R-leaning (tie, when reg is still D+4), but I think the most interesting thing here, as I noted in the post above this one is that (for the 100th time), these samples are just kind of R-leaning!

This isn't a Biden thing, the GCB shows basically the same #s among nonwhites, young voters, <45 voters, and Independents (Biden even does better among Independents!) so again, this feels like a consistent matter of just bad sampling among some of these groups. Same with AZ, where Biden outperforms the GCB (R+6) by 2 points. All that said, R+6 GCB for AZ seems... extreme.

As for Arizona... Trump +4 is within MoE, but there's no reason to believe a state that has been inching left will suddenly revert back to a result that's worse than 2016 for Ds. Party ID is R+9 here, which is why Biden wins Independents by 14% and still loses by 4 (he won them by 9 in 2020 when party ID was ... R+9, so riddle me that!)
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2024, 07:37:46 PM »

No State of the Union bump, evidently.

I must admit, I'm finally getting discouraged.

Still, there is a lot of time to go and I'm not entirely certain that polls are accurately reflecting how unpopular Trump really is.
Really? With the way Biden’s been running his campaign and the primary results I’m actually more confident in his chances than I was a month ago, and their does seem to be slight movement towards Biden but it’s gonna be gradual.

Still, there is a lot of time to go and I'm not entirely certain that polls are accurately reflecting how unpopular Trump really is.

Actually there does seem to be a SOTU bump. Trump had pretty consistent leads in polls for the past few months and the leads he has now tend to be more marginal.

It's a pretty weak bump if so, and almost barely moces the needle at all. He'll need to significantly build upon it.
I was never expecting a SOTU bump directly as only about 10% of people watched the SOTU (hell even I haven't yet) and I bet most of those are locked-in partisans. The benefit from it is that it apparently (again I haven't watched it yet) showed that Biden did not come across as some senile old man and has the strength for a campaign. The campaign is just gearing up now.

I just feel like a relatively big event like the speech which gives way to lasting headlines (positive ones at that) are the only way Biden can get through his polling malaise. With this one out of the way it's feeling like the bext big opportunity to turn the tides will be the convention.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2024, 07:46:31 PM »

Really? With the way Biden’s been running his campaign and the primary results I’m actually more confident in his chances than I was a month ago, and their does seem to be slight movement towards Biden but it’s gonna be gradual.

Actually there does seem to be a SOTU bump. Trump had pretty consistent leads in polls for the past few months and the leads he has now tend to be more marginal.

It's a pretty weak bump if so, and almost barely moces the needle at all. He'll need to significantly build upon it.
I was never expecting a SOTU bump directly as only about 10% of people watched the SOTU (hell even I haven't yet) and I bet most of those are locked-in partisans. The benefit from it is that it apparently (again I haven't watched it yet) showed that Biden did not come across as some senile old man and has the strength for a campaign. The campaign is just gearing up now.

I just feel like a relatively big event like the speech which gives way to lasting headlines (positive ones at that) are the only way Biden can get through his polling malaise. With this one out of the way it's feeling like the bext big opportunity to turn the tides will be the convention.

Isn’t your point that the movement towards Biden will take some time and won’t be some massive overnight shift?
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2024, 07:47:53 PM »

Isn’t your point that the movement towards Biden will take some time and won’t be some massive overnight shift?

G Elliott touched on this today

dspNY
United States

« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2024, 08:36:35 PM »

Fox has a slight R house bias (a point or two) so these numbers aren't the worst thing in the world...not yet.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2024, 08:56:13 PM »

The problem with these partisan polls we haven't voted yet, we know Biden is gonna win

These don't measure up to Rassy +9 and he said Trump was up 7 in AZ
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2024, 10:02:07 PM »
« Edited: March 13, 2024, 10:08:42 PM by Lief 🗽 »

A -3 and -4 swing compared to 2024 suggests Biden +0/1 nationally, whereas Fox’s last national poll was Trump +2, thus proving that the SOTU bump is real.

I also find it very interesting that Biden is running ahead of the generic ballot in both these states. Maybe he is not the problem here.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2024, 10:17:19 PM »

I think I'm just being impatient.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2024, 10:37:46 PM »

Biden won't win any of the Sunbelt States. The Blue Wall of MN, WI, MI and PA will save Biden.
270-268 Biden. Maybe Joe also keeps Nevada and it's 276-262. That's where this is headed folks.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2024, 11:51:10 PM »

Biden won't win any of the Sunbelt States. The Blue Wall of MN, WI, MI and PA will save Biden.
270-268 Biden. Maybe Joe also keeps Nevada and it's 276-262. That's where this is headed folks.

Yeah sure Fox had Lake ahead last time lol just be patient it's only 6 months til we vote
🇺🇦 Purple 🦄 Unicorn 🇮🇱
Purple Unicorn
Germany

« Reply #36 on: March 13, 2024, 11:52:50 PM »

Looks accurate.

It's a mirror image of 2022 pollings, when Trump-candidates were ahead by 1-5 in both states, then Hobs and Fetterman won relatively easily.

Maybe it's not the same with Biden vs. Trump, but it's a scenario.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #37 on: March 13, 2024, 11:54:17 PM »

Looks accurate.

It's a mirror image of 2022 pollings, when Trump-candidates were ahead by 1-5 in both states, then Hobs and Fetterman won relatively easily.

That's been a thought of mine, and definitely what I'm hoping for.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #38 on: March 14, 2024, 01:09:24 AM »

It's only March users need to chill out
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #39 on: March 14, 2024, 06:06:09 AM »

Looks accurate.

Same.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #40 on: March 14, 2024, 06:16:57 AM »

Looks accurate.

Same.

We haven't voted yet and many of the polls keep showing a Trump bias
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #41 on: March 14, 2024, 08:40:11 AM »
« Edited: March 14, 2024, 08:43:20 AM by wbrocks67 »

It's funny to look back at Fox's late 2022 polls in PA and AZ, they showed similar issues to what we're looking at now. Fox's last PA poll had Fetterman only winning nonwhites 49-31, even worse than Biden here, and we know that's not the case.

The biggest thing for me is the party ID; Fox's last AZ poll had Kelly up 2 overall, winning Indies by 18.

Biden wins indies here by 14, so rather close. And they both got similar partisan support (Kelly a tiny bit more Rs but negligible), but b/c party ID so different, Kelly was up 2 overall, but Biden is down 4. That stuff does make a difference!

Also no wonder the 2020 polls were off so bad, the party IDs in the 2020 Fox polls for example by comparison were crazy. PA was like D+8, AZ was like D+3. No wonder they had Biden up a ton.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #42 on: March 14, 2024, 10:31:30 AM »

Yup, same here. It's still just March, though we've been saying this for many months now. If the polling picture hasn't changed by summer or into September, I'd be worried.
MR DARK BRANDON
Liam
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -0.65, S: -1.57

P P P

« Reply #43 on: March 14, 2024, 10:39:20 AM »
« Edited: March 14, 2024, 10:42:59 AM by MR DARK BRANDON »

Yup, same here. It's still just March, though we've been saying this for many months now. If the polling picture hasn't changed by summer or into September, I'd be worried.
I think y’all expected too much from the SOTU, for me I’m just happy Biden is starting to show a lead in more national polls and is hitting all the points he should in the campaign. I expected a slight bump (which has shown somewhat) but I did not expect him to magically start leading by 10 after the speech.
MillennialModerate
MillennialMAModerate
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #44 on: March 14, 2024, 01:25:55 PM »

Considering Biden led by so much in 2020 and it was that close - the fact Trump is leading is making me feel like this is over before it begins
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #45 on: March 14, 2024, 01:26:54 PM »

Considering Biden led by so much in 2020 and it was that close - the fact Trump is leading is making me feel like this is over before it begins

It's not over no one agrees with you anymore
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #46 on: March 14, 2024, 01:27:06 PM »

How would you rate Biden’s chances at the moment?
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #47 on: March 14, 2024, 01:41:55 PM »

Yep, close race (between two candidates a majority of the country doesn't like) is... close. News at 11.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #48 on: March 14, 2024, 01:45:14 PM »

One thing I'll say is that the more people learn about the current incarnation of RFK Jr., the more he's going to hurt Trump not Biden (if anything). It's going to be hilarious if and when Trump finally loses it over him.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #49 on: March 14, 2024, 06:13:39 PM »

I get that logic, but at the same time, Trump is so polarizing that he isn't capable of these potential landslides polls suggest. A lot went his way in 2016 and he only barely won there. It will be the same case in 2024 if he wins again, it'll be more because his opposition was divided.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies