Israel-Gaza war
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 13, 2024, 12:55:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Israel-Gaza war
« previous next »
Thread note
MODERATOR WARNING: Any kind of inappropriate posts, including support for indiscriminate killing of civilians, and severe personal attacks against other posters will not be tolerated.

Pages: 1 ... 145 146 147 148 149 [150] 151 152 153 154 155 ... 327
Author Topic: Israel-Gaza war  (Read 234918 times)
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3725 on: November 13, 2023, 06:07:50 PM »
« edited: November 13, 2023, 06:14:17 PM by OSR stands with Israel »

Hollywood
« Reply #3726 on: November 13, 2023, 06:20:05 PM »

Israel should continue to press for unilateral surrender, wherein Hamas either voluntarily disbands or agrees to become an instrument of Israeli government policy, but it is once again being demonstrated that people in this thread have a poor understanding of cause and effect.

Odd comment. It's not like anyone wants to take responsibility for their own mistakes, even if that is the right thing to do. People do this even though they don't want to.

It's very odd.  Immediately after the October 7th attack, both left-wing media and Hamas propagandists  tried to pin the attack on Bibi Netanyahu.  The former blaming Bibi for the entire intelligence failure.  The latter positing conspiracies about the Israeli Government letting the attack happen in order to justify an invasion of Gaza.  Similar conspiracies were asserted after Pearl Harbor and 9/11.  These assertions and attacks against Bibi are obviously intended to diminish his credibility and trustworthiness within the General Public.  
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3727 on: November 13, 2023, 06:44:45 PM »

Israel should continue to press for unilateral surrender, wherein Hamas either voluntarily disbands or agrees to become an instrument of Israeli government policy, but it is once again being demonstrated that people in this thread have a poor understanding of cause and effect.

Odd comment. It's not like anyone wants to take responsibility for their own mistakes, even if that is the right thing to do. People do this even though they don't want to.

It's very odd.  Immediately after the October 7th attack, both left-wing media and Hamas propagandists  tried to pin the attack on Bibi Netanyahu.  The former blaming Bibi for the entire intelligence failure.  The latter positing conspiracies about the Israeli Government letting the attack happen in order to justify an invasion of Gaza.  Similar conspiracies were asserted after Pearl Harbor and 9/11.  These assertions and attacks against Bibi are obviously intended to diminish his credibility and trustworthiness within the General Public.  

I think he's done enough of that on his own.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #3728 on: November 13, 2023, 06:52:05 PM »

Bibi hasn't let October 7 happen on purpose. He's merely incompetent.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #3729 on: November 13, 2023, 07:38:00 PM »
« Edited: November 13, 2023, 07:41:21 PM by Meclazine for Israel »

Australian woman, Nicole Carbone, visits kibbutz Be'eri, her home and the location of her mother's murder on October 7.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-11-14/australian-returns-to-israeli-kibbutz-where-her-mother-died/103097694

"She told me, 'Listen, they're here for me' . She said, 'My sunshine, my beautiful daughter, I love you'. Then she hung up the phone. And that was it,".

In the wreckage of her mother's home, Nicole found mementos from her childhood. (ABC News: Haidarr Jones)

More than 80 others from kibbutz Be'eri were also murdered and more than 30 were taken hostage.

Nicole knows almost every one of them.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3730 on: November 13, 2023, 10:51:53 PM »

No, by all means he let it happen to try and score a political win.

He’s out as soon as the fighting is done and Israel is left with an expensive no man’s land that they’ll pour billions over.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #3731 on: November 13, 2023, 11:00:51 PM »
« Edited: November 14, 2023, 04:50:57 AM by Meclazine for Israel »

PBS News Hour

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-LSIWjkg4c

Leila Molana-Allen went inside Gaza with the IDF to report this footage.

Hamas militants were recorded shooting at something. When asked, IDF said Hamas were not shooting at the IDF, but rather at civilians leaving towards the south.

Unlike the Hamastan media reports, the IDF had no editorial control over the PBS New Hour footage.

Channel 4 News

Israel's Ambassador to the UK.

Tzipi Hotovely

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trm0IFwsz-o

In this interview, Krishnan asks the stupidest 'gotcha' questions over and over again. I don't think he was really getting anywhere except exposing the general UK Bias towards Palestine.

She could have nailed him on a few issues, but did not give the right answers with the right follow up questions.

As an Ambassador, Tzipi is too aggressive in her answers in response to his antagonistic style. Revealing in some aspects, but a hard interview to watch in the end.

Under The Hospitals

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CznP-iqizgc/

Didn't see that coming. Evidence of a kidnapped woman and baby in the tunnels.
jaichind
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.03, S: -5.39

« Reply #3732 on: November 14, 2023, 05:14:31 AM »

IDF has taken control of the Hamas Parliament inside Gaza.
Red Velvet
Brazil

« Reply #3733 on: November 14, 2023, 05:46:53 AM »

Me blowing three muslim dudes in a row in an orgy line during a regular Saturday helps the LGBT cause infinitely more than this “Gay Fascism” display by white western crowd.

I am utterly disgusted by this forced western association between the LGBT cause and the Israeli imperialism, which only alienates the LGBT fight inside non-western places by sending the message that it’s a “western cause” instead of one that belongs to everyone.

It only brings more antipathy in places where the fight is the most important. The West likes to create enemies to fight in order to justify its crimes as moral.
Hnv1
YaBB God

« Reply #3734 on: November 14, 2023, 07:46:24 AM »

The first major rain in Gaza saw lots of Hamas fighters spring out of the shallower tunnels, which the IDF exploited and went on the offensive. So today we're seeing open street battles for the first time, all across the line in Gaza City. Israeli forces are now pushing east all along
bilaps
« Reply #3735 on: November 14, 2023, 07:47:31 AM »

The biggest cringe from the media and Israeli propaganda we've seen over the past few days was this footage of a dude with RPG in front of Al Quds hospital. Israeli tanks were 100m away, it really doesn't matter if it's hospital or a military base, that's where the frontline was so of course there will be guys with RPG-s who want to shoot at tanks.
CumbrianLefty
CumbrianLeftie
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #3736 on: November 14, 2023, 10:54:58 AM »

No, by all means he let it happen to try and score a political win.

Not convinced its as cut and dried as that tbh. What he *did* do, it is beyond reasonable doubt now, was to prioritise his West Bank settler mates over security around Gaza.
jaichind
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.03, S: -5.39

« Reply #3737 on: November 14, 2023, 10:57:56 AM »

Reminds me of

Hnv1
YaBB God

« Reply #3738 on: November 14, 2023, 11:09:28 AM »

162nd division take control of A-Shati camp. Home to one of Hamas’ top four battalions.

The IDF now is full control of the Gaza City coast line.

252nd division continue their movement from the north east towards Jabalia. And the 36th is deepening it hold in central Gaza.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3739 on: November 14, 2023, 12:40:53 PM »

Both sides are trying to appeal to western 18-35 year olds by adopting LGBTQ symbolism and phrases.

LGBTQ rights is by far the most popular cause among 18-35 year olds, to the point where I've seen plenty of people on social media using the extent to which Israel supports gay rights as the barometer for how good or bad Israel is, or debating whether or not the fact that Hamas has the death penalty for being LGBTQ is a valid knock against the heroic anti-colonial freedom fighters or whether it's actually Israel's fault (or Britain's).

It all seems quite absurd to me.  Yes it's bad that Hamas kills gay people but Hamas is so awful that that's like #19 on the list of bad things about Hamas.  The fact that people are even wasting time arguing about it -- as though Hamas would be good if only they didn't kill gay people -- indicates that those people might not think #1-#18 are actually all that bad.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #3740 on: November 14, 2023, 12:55:27 PM »

The first major rain in Gaza saw lots of Hamas fighters spring out of the shallower tunnels, which the IDF exploited and went on the offensive. So today we're seeing open street battles for the first time, all across the line in Gaza City. Israeli forces are now pushing east all along

Good to know Hamas tunnels hold up to rain about as well as the New York subway system.
Hnv1
YaBB God

« Reply #3741 on: November 14, 2023, 01:01:53 PM »

Good to know Hamas tunnels hold up to rain about as well as the New York subway system.
Hamas' tunnel system can be divided into roughly three kinds:
-Attack/defence tunnels - they sit relatively close to the surface as fighters need to be able to pop in and out in a hurry. Susceptible to rains
- Tactical command tunnels - 15-20 meters deep. They usually have halls to store weapons and command posts. Air conditioning and air purification are also included. I'm not sure how well they can deal with rain, but I think they must have some form of drainage system.
Strategic command tunnels - the deepest ones are rumored to be around 50-70 meters deep. That's where the top brass sits. Due to the complexity of building them, there aren't that many around. Probably one compound under Shifa, another one elsewhere in Gaza, and one in Khan Younis.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3742 on: November 14, 2023, 01:53:49 PM »

He’s out as soon as the fighting is done and Israel is left with an expensive no man’s land that they’ll pour billions over.
indeed, they should save their money.  The world poured trillions over it and all we got in return was decades of rockets aimed at civilians.  Let the "progressives" in the west chanting "from the river to the sea" donate for the cause.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #3743 on: November 14, 2023, 02:33:33 PM »
« Edited: November 14, 2023, 02:49:09 PM by OSR stands with Israel »

Me blowing three muslim dudes in a row in an orgy line during a regular Saturday helps the LGBT cause infinitely more than this “Gay Fascism” display by white western crowd.

I am utterly disgusted by this forced western association between the LGBT cause and the Israeli imperialism, which only alienates the LGBT fight inside non-western places by sending the message that it’s a “western cause” instead of one that belongs to everyone.

It only brings more antipathy in places where the fight is the most important. The West likes to create enemies to fight in order to justify its crimes as moral.

This is such a lol worthy post and proof how you have let your hate for the west blind you . The idea that an individual Israeli solider posing with an LGBT flag makes it harder to liberalize LGBT laws in developing nations is complete nonsense.

All this tweet is doing is making it clear how Islamist Governments are like . People in those nations get the death penalty for being gay , they are forced to convert to Islam or get severely punished , and the vast majority do not live in multi party democracies or nations that respect individual rights at all .

The fact you so reflexively side with nations or groups like this is even more proof you let your hate for the west blind you . Also don’t give me the bs of how you only want a two state solution because you literally have backed the phrase “from River to Sea”
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #3744 on: November 14, 2023, 02:44:51 PM »

Both sides are trying to appeal to western 18-35 year olds by adopting LGBTQ symbolism and phrases.

LGBTQ rights is by far the most popular cause among 18-35 year olds, to the point where I've seen plenty of people on social media using the extent to which Israel supports gay rights as the barometer for how good or bad Israel is, or debating whether or not the fact that Hamas has the death penalty for being LGBTQ is a valid knock against the heroic anti-colonial freedom fighters or whether it's actually Israel's fault (or Britain's).

It all seems quite absurd to me.  Yes it's bad that Hamas kills gay people but Hamas is so awful that that's like #19 on the list of bad things about Hamas.  The fact that people are even wasting time arguing about it -- as though Hamas would be good if only they didn't kill gay people -- indicates that those people might not think #1-#18 are actually all that bad.

Well the reason for this is Israel has to do its best to keep its support among both the American right and left . So to do so Israel will bring up :

To Appeal to the left  : bring up the fact that Israel has far more progressive values then Palestine does

To appeal to the right : Keep mentioning what the groups would do to other religions including Christians as well if they took power .

Red Velvet
Brazil

« Reply #3745 on: November 14, 2023, 03:57:41 PM »

This is such a lol worthy post and proof how you have let your hate for the west blind you . The idea that an individual Israeli solider posing with an LGBT flag makes it harder to liberalize LGBT laws in developing nations is complete nonsense.

All this tweet is doing is making it clear how Islamist Governments are like . People in those nations get the death penalty for being gay , they are forced to convert to Islam or get severely punished , and the vast majority do not live in multi party democracies or nations that respect individual rights at all .

The fact you so reflexively side with nations or groups like this is even more proof you let your hate for the west blind you . Also don’t give me the bs of how you only want a two state solution because you literally have backed the phrase “from River to Sea”

You cannot even defend something with minimal consistency. Here you say that the LGBT flag serves as an evidence of Israel’s supposedly “superiority” based on the terms of their liberal values…

…only for in the immediate following post to confirm that Israel is playing both sides for the Western audiences and the LGBT flag is merely a signaling to Western audiences to give their support, kinda like “Pink Money” works lmao

I don’t give a damn about how many rainbow flags Disney or any other virtue-signaling stuff corporations place on their profiles while still not putting two guys being intimate with one another in their movies because of the business “risk” - I will certainly not be impressed by some fascist soldiers doing the same to score liberal points with western woke audiences.

I think it’s funny and convenient that western conservatives now suddenly are stanning the rainbow flag and act like it’s such a signal of moral superiority though!

As a Gay Man I would be shook if we didn’t already have people like Marine Le Pen establishing quite openly that Muslims >>>>>> Gays  in terms of larger threats to the Western Way of Life.

You can at most make some Wealthy White Gays buy that kind of stuff - the same privileged types that like Le Pen and who aren’t that affected by homophobia - but I’m aware that the meaning of these LGBT flags is quite empty and used ONLY to make murder look cooler and friendlier, like what the Republican vs Democrat bombs meme represents. You basically confirmed this yourself in your following post, Israel needs a strategy to justify what they’re doing for both Left and Right.

Again, put me in a hot sauna with three muslim dudes and I’ll do much more for advancing the LGBT cause in the world than these people with the flags in Gaza currently are.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #3746 on: November 14, 2023, 04:23:00 PM »

You cannot even defend something with minimal consistency. Here you say that the LGBT flag serves as an evidence of Israel’s supposedly “superiority” based on the terms of their liberal values…

…only for in the immediate following post to confirm that Israel is playing both sides for the Western audiences and the LGBT flag is merely a signaling to Western audiences to give their support, kinda like “Pink Money” works lmao

I don’t give a damn about how many rainbow flags Disney or any other virtue-signaling stuff corporations place on their profiles while still not putting two guys being intimate with one another in their movies because of the business “risk” - I will certainly not be impressed by some fascist soldiers doing the same to score liberal points with western woke audiences.

I think it’s funny and convenient that western conservatives now suddenly are stanning the rainbow flag and act like it’s such a signal of moral superiority though!

As a Gay Man I would be shook if we didn’t already have people like Marine Le Pen establishing quite openly that Muslims >>>>>> Gays  in terms of larger threats to the Western Way of Life.

You can at most make some Wealthy White Gays buy that kind of stuff - the same privileged types that like Le Pen and who aren’t that affected by homophobia - but I’m aware that the meaning of these LGBT flags is quite empty and used ONLY to make murder look cooler and friendlier, like what the Republican vs Democrat bombs meme represents. You basically confirmed this yourself in your following post, Israel needs a strategy to justify what they’re doing for both Left and Right.

Again, put me in a hot sauna with three muslim dudes and I’ll do much more for advancing the LGBT cause in the world than these people with the flags in Gaza currently are.

Yes western Christian conservatives are still significantly more progressive on this stuff than Islamist governments are and it’s not even remotely close . Israeli conservatives are as well so and so are Hindu Conservatives. All this nonsense of “all religions are equally bad” is nonsense no matter how much progressives try to push it .

Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #3747 on: November 14, 2023, 06:43:59 PM »
« Edited: November 14, 2023, 06:56:28 PM by Meclazine for Israel »

I just want the scientific facts of what is happening. The IDF are publishing some interesting developments, but the Western media are not publishing it or researching their news.

This must have occurred with the Ukraine war where it gets hard to find out what is going on.

You're such a victim.

Sorry, I am confused Horus.

You are the one now in the mod thread crying about being the victim.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #3748 on: November 14, 2023, 06:48:41 PM »

I see a lot of anti-Westerners post about this picture of this gay soldier with the rainbow flag as if Israel is some sort of monolith and as if everyone in Israel is solely focused on some sort of monolithic propaganda effort.

Have I got news for those people: it's a country with over 9 million people with an extremely wide range of political and religious views, so much so that it caused crippling polarization even within Jewish Israeli society before this war started. It's also a country in which, while as safe and gay-friendly as many European countries if not more, gay people cannot marry. People need to understand a statement like this is more likely to be intended for the domestic audience - 'look at us doing our part, now we deserve equal marriage rights too' - than for an international audience in some sort of cynical way.

It's striking how many people are conditioned to think any statement from any Israeli must a) represent all of Israel's 'real, hidden' views and b) are all aimed at an international audience; especially when these people seem to be able to think more reasonably about these things when it comes to any other country.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3749 on: November 14, 2023, 07:10:34 PM »

At this point I just hope this ends sooner than later 😕
Pages: 1 ... 145 146 147 148 149 [150] 151 152 153 154 155 ... 327  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies