Israel-Gaza war
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 10, 2024, 10:12:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Israel-Gaza war
« previous next »
Thread note
MODERATOR WARNING: Any kind of inappropriate posts, including support for indiscriminate killing of civilians, and severe personal attacks against other posters will not be tolerated.

Pages: 1 ... 131 132 133 134 135 [136] 137 138 139 140 141 ... 323
Author Topic: Israel-Gaza war  (Read 232415 times)
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3375 on: November 04, 2023, 02:12:36 AM »

I sent Senator AFE and moderator KoppaDaQuick personal messages that they should be ashamed of themselves for openly supporting the terrorists of Hamas. Instead, they should support Israel and the Jewish People, who have been encircled and oppressed and killed for centuries by various enemies and who have every right to defend themselves and go after Hamas terrorists, now and forever!

Oooh a personal message. I'm sure they're shaking in their boots.

Also neither of them support Hamas and your baseless allegations are repulsive. AFE is one of the best people here.
🇺🇦 Purple 🦄 Unicorn 🇮🇱
Purple Unicorn
Germany

« Reply #3376 on: November 04, 2023, 02:15:12 AM »

I sent Senator AFE and moderator KoppaDaQuick personal messages that they should be ashamed of themselves for openly supporting the terrorists of Hamas. Instead, they should support Israel and the Jewish People, who have been encircled and oppressed and killed for centuries by various enemies and who have every right to defend themselves and go after Hamas terrorists, now and forever!

Also neither of them support Hamas and your baseless allegations are repulsive. AFE is one of the best people here.

Hamas terrorists engaged in unspeakable atrocities against Jews.

If you call this "baseless allegations", you are mentally ill.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3377 on: November 04, 2023, 02:17:34 AM »
« Edited: November 05, 2023, 09:21:47 AM by Virginiá »

Having a Palestinian flag on your profile doesn't signify support for Hamas
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3378 on: November 04, 2023, 02:33:46 AM »

Having a Palestinian flag on your profile doesn't signify support for Hamas you absolute moron. You're either 12 or 65, which is it?

I will not discuss any longer with you, because you are clearly a terror-loving Hamas/Palestianian supporter too ... and I don't debate with terrorists.

Enjoy your safe space.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #3379 on: November 04, 2023, 03:40:37 AM »
« Edited: November 04, 2023, 05:17:30 AM by Meclazine for Israel »

Channel 4 News

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m88g6POq-MA

Sec. Blinken asked for a cease fire on Friday. Prime Minister Netanyahu was having none of it. Netanyahu said that there will be no cessation of military activities until all Israeli hostages are released.

In Gaza, Shifa Hospital came under attack from the IDF. Hamas said an ambulance was struck full of victims. The IDF said the ambulance was transporting Hamas militants.

Israeli Advisor, Mark Regev, highlighted the initial Hospital strike two weeks ago was blamed on Israel with 800 casualties. He went on to say that, after careful analysis of the facts by Western media, it was in fact a Hamas Rocket and the casualties were revised down to less than 80. Using that precedent, he warned the media to be careful reporting on events noting that many incidents are blamed on Israel first before the facts are known.

Mark highlighted that the Shifa Hospital is in fact a Hamas Base, and Hamas are deliberately placing civilians in this area as human shields.

Regev said "We know that they (Hamas) use Ambulances and Hospitals to disguise their activities". "Why do you never talk about this?" plus a range of other pointed questions.

The journalist was thrown completely off, terminated the interview, and was having none of it.

Regardless, the real question now is now that Gaza City is surrounded by the IDF, "How long can Hamas hold out?"

U.S. Secretary of State Antony Blinken (L) meets with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu (R) in Tel Aviv, Israel on November 3, 2023. (Amos Ben-Gershom (GPO)/Anadolu via Getty Images)

Israel's next challenge is to move 50,000 people staying in and around the Shifa and Indonesian Hospitals and move them south past Al Zahra.

Mark Regev revealed he believes 800,000 Palestinian civilians had already moved south from Gaza City and these people had heeded the warning about the impending warzone.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #3380 on: November 04, 2023, 04:56:31 AM »

Having a Palestinian flag on your profile doesn't signify support for Hamas you absolute moron. You're either 12 or 65, which is it?

I will not discuss any longer with you, because you are clearly a terror-loving Hamas/Palestianian supporter too ... and I don't debate with terrorists.

AFE and Koopa skew a bit more pro-Palestinian than I do (although I hate that framing of it) but they do not support Hamas. This is ridiculous and unacceptable calumny.
jaichind
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.03, S: -5.39

« Reply #3381 on: November 04, 2023, 05:18:47 AM »

https://www.wsj.com/world/middle-east/hamas-weapons-israel-invasion-gaza-aff4247d

"Hamas Has Deadlier Weapons Than the Last Time Israel Invaded Gaza
Militant group returned in force with drones, homegrown missiles and fortified tunnels; ‘armed to the teeth"

WSJ expects a tough fight for IDF in Gaza

Logical

« Reply #3382 on: November 04, 2023, 06:31:42 AM »

Germans be normal challenge (IMPOSSIBLE)
CumbrianLefty
CumbrianLeftie
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #3383 on: November 04, 2023, 06:34:55 AM »

Whilst such poll findings are sobering, they are roughly what you would expect in the circumstances - I have little doubt that surveys of Allied countries in WW2 would have shown very similar figures.

And the Allied countries would've been wrong to think that.

They. Are. Civilians.

And indeed some in those countries said that at the time, they were a minority though. The point is that this tends to be the case in wars, and is indeed a reason why they should be avoided if possible.

Netanyahu wanted and needed this war, just like he needed Hamas to undermine the PA, divide Palestinians, and ensure continued support for Israeli policy in the West, especially the US. It’s horrifying that Israeli and Palestinian civilians have been paying the price.

Not much to disagree with there, but slightly different to the point I was making.
🇺🇦 Purple 🦄 Unicorn 🇮🇱
Purple Unicorn
Germany

« Reply #3384 on: November 04, 2023, 06:39:57 AM »

Germans be normal challenge (IMPOSSIBLE)

You think Germans have to be antisemitic to be normal?

Aside from that, I am not exactly a hundred percent German, because my ancesters are from Ukraine and Poland and some were Jewish.
afleitch
Atlas Star

« Reply #3385 on: November 04, 2023, 06:55:00 AM »

Do not, under any circumstances, accuse posters of being terrorist sympathisers without any justification.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #3386 on: November 04, 2023, 07:09:56 AM »

IDF Colonel talks about ambulance and Hospital usage by Hamas.

Ambulance Strike

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CzNYwGSIJSD/

🇺🇦 Purple 🦄 Unicorn 🇮🇱
Purple Unicorn
Germany

« Reply #3387 on: November 04, 2023, 07:36:01 AM »

Do not, under any circumstances, accuse posters of being terrorist sympathisers without any justification.

Okay, for this I must apologize, but they tell me in the personal messages that Israel is engaging in colonialism and bombards Gaza hospitals. But what about Hamas, using these people and children as human shields like all "good" (= evil) terrorists do? Hamas and the hospitals were given plenty of time to evacuate, as Israel told them to do. And where's the solidarity from other Arab countries like Saudi-Arabia, Egypt etc. taking in Palestinians? No, their goal is to destroy Israel and the Jews and settle the land with the Arabs and Palestinians instead. This is colonization!
EastwoodS

« Reply #3388 on: November 04, 2023, 07:42:49 AM »

This poll (or ones like it) will end up in history books, I bet.
EastwoodS

« Reply #3389 on: November 04, 2023, 07:51:40 AM »
« Edited: November 04, 2023, 08:31:39 AM by EastwoodS »

This is a great description of the coverage of this conflict.

I say this as an atheist who has zero connection to either the Israelis or the Palestinians.
I mean, yeah, I would totally expect someone who has absolutely no religious beliefs to turn a blind eye to biblical texts that clearly define Israel as Jewish land, but go off.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #3390 on: November 04, 2023, 08:26:01 AM »
« Edited: November 04, 2023, 10:34:51 AM by Meclazine for Israel »

6 Pacific Island groups, some of whom claim to be associated with the "Lost Tribes of Israel" have stood by Israel in their war with Hamas. I thought they were predominantly Christian, but either way, they are definitely anti-Hamas.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-11-04/pacific-nations-recall-lost-tribes-israel-theory-amid-gaza-war/103043638

Fiji
Tonga
Nauru
Marshall Islands
Micronesia
Papua New Guinea

all voted against a cease-fire in Gaza.

Even New Zealand Maori's have been very pro-Israel recently:

Māori Haka for Israel

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cy-zHGVB0lx/

Meanwhile in Japan, plenty of support for Israel.

Japanese Peace Rally

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CyRx_u1tq6p/

Meanwhile in Jordan, the locals are the complete opposite.

Jordan McDonalds and KFC Sales Are Down

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CzG-lPxsnPZ/
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3391 on: November 04, 2023, 09:25:39 AM »

I say this as an atheist who has zero connection to either the Israelis or the Palestinians.
I mean, yeah, I would totally expect someone who has absolutely no religious beliefs to turn a blind eye to biblical texts that clearly define Israel as Jewish land, but go off.

Being unshackled from "biblical texts" gives me an objective view of the world.

You should try it sometimes.
Hnv1
YaBB God

« Reply #3392 on: November 04, 2023, 09:37:37 AM »

Was there ever a nation in war, a real war, where the citizens cared much for enemy citizens?
EastwoodS

« Reply #3393 on: November 04, 2023, 09:41:42 AM »

Being unshackled from "biblical texts" gives me an objective view of the world.

You should try it sometimes.
Oh, I do.
Zinneke
JosepBroz
YaBB God
Belgium

« Reply #3394 on: November 04, 2023, 09:45:55 AM »

It really isn't.

If anyone wants a balanced, nuanced view on how the media treats the Israel-Palestine conflict, Joris Luyendijk's Hello There has a whole chapter where he surgically dissects the key issues with how the media work in the region with both sides to create the frenzy we see today, now amplified by social media.

Don't rely on these "clever comics" or whatever.
EastwoodS

« Reply #3395 on: November 04, 2023, 09:58:36 AM »

Was there ever a nation in war, a real war, where the citizens cared much for enemy citizens?
I thought this was an American based poll at first
oldtimer
Greece

« Reply #3396 on: November 04, 2023, 11:44:16 AM »

https://www.wsj.com/world/middle-east/hamas-weapons-israel-invasion-gaza-aff4247d

"Hamas Has Deadlier Weapons Than the Last Time Israel Invaded Gaza
Militant group returned in force with drones, homegrown missiles and fortified tunnels; ‘armed to the teeth"

WSJ expects a tough fight for IDF in Gaza

In the only 3 days that Israel has announced deaths and casualties it's 24 dead and about 260 wounded from an invading force of about 20k.

It's peanuts compared to the Ukraine war where 50% casualties have been the norm, but about twice the daily average rate of their 2006 Hezbollah battle.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #3397 on: November 04, 2023, 12:03:01 PM »

If not for (some of them) being blinded by the ideology of Palestinian nationalism, it should be pretty easy for the Palestinians to see that the destruction of the modern conception of Palestine is in their best interests as well.

Funny, we have no data showing us what Gazans think since an election decades ago, but here we have proof that close to 50% of Israelis have the same attitude towards civilians as Hamas (with another 35% close behind). Yet it's the Gazan civilians we're supposed to be worried about?

I mean, we have polls. I guess I would trust the Israeli ones more than polls conducted under a dictatorship, but still.

Anyway, "Not so much" is literally the correct answer for prosecuting a war and someone who gives a different answer is either so supremely hubristic and confident of victory that he has no respect for the enemy -- and forces like this invariably lose eventually -- or just insane.

Comments like these leave the distinct impression that the pro-Israel side is not in fact morally superior.

The pro Allies side was morally superior than the pro Axis side despite are carpet bombing of many cities .
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #3398 on: November 04, 2023, 12:06:01 PM »

Whilst such poll findings are sobering, they are roughly what you would expect in the circumstances - I have little doubt that surveys of Allied countries in WW2 would have shown very similar figures.

And the Allied countries would've been wrong to think that.

They. Are. Civilians.

Germany and Japan needed to not only be defeated , but have their spirits broken in every possible way to ensure they would unconditionally surrender . Hiroshima and Nagasaki were justified along with most of our bombardment of Germany .

MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3399 on: November 04, 2023, 03:09:29 PM »

The pro Allies side was morally superior than the pro Axis side despite are carpet bombing of many cities .

This is not a proper English sentence and would earn most non-native speakers a failing grade in most non-English-speaking countries.

(It still pales in comparison to the content of your posts in this thread, but it amplifies the embarrassment.)
Pages: 1 ... 131 132 133 134 135 [136] 137 138 139 140 141 ... 323  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies