Israel-Gaza war
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 09:44:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Israel-Gaza war
« previous next »
Thread note
MODERATOR WARNING: Any kind of inappropriate posts, including support for indiscriminate killing of civilians, and severe personal attacks against other posters will not be tolerated.

Pages: 1 ... 129 130 131 132 133 [134] 135 136 137 138 139 ... 295
Author Topic: Israel-Gaza war  (Read 208283 times)
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3325 on: November 01, 2023, 09:49:32 PM »

International repercussions from the "Global South" and perceptions of Israeli continue, now in Latin America:

Colombian President Petro announces recall of country’s ambassador Israel
Colombia has recalled its ambassador to Israel over its war in Gaza, President Gustavo Petro said in a message on X on Tuesday, formerly known as Twitter. "I have decided to recall our ambassador to Israel. If Israel does not stop the massacre of the Palestinian people we cannot stay there," he said.

Chile recalls ambassador to Israel for consultations after Gaza Strip attacks
Chilean President Gabriel Boric said on Tuesday the country was recalling its ambassador to Israel for consultations after Israel's violations of international humanitarian law' in the Gaza Strip. "Chile strongly condemns and observes with great concern... these military operations," Boric wrote in a post on social media platform X.

https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/2023-10-31/ty-article-live/

Bolivia joins the list of Latin American countries responding to optics of Israeli causing civilian casualties in Gaza.

Bolivia has severed relations with Israel over its strikes on Gaza, a diplomatic decision that Israel condemned as a “surrender to terrorism” even as its own ties with other countries in Latin America began to fray.

On Wednesday, Israel responded, saying that Colombian and Chilean citizens were among the victims on Oct. 7. “Israel expects Colombia and Chile to support the right of a democratic country to protect its citizens,” Lior Haiat, a spokesman for Israel’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs, said on X, formerly known as Twitter.

Bolivia had restored diplomatic ties with Israel in 2019 after a decade-long rupture that was also related to Israeli military actions in Gaza. In severing ties on Tuesday, Bolivia called for an end to Israeli strikes on Gaza, denounced the thousands of casualties the strikes have inflicted and urged that sufficient food, water and aid be allowed to enter the enclave.

Israel’s foreign ministry said that relations with Bolivia had been “devoid of content” under the Latin American country’s current government. “By taking this step, the Bolivian government is aligning itself with the Hamas terrorist organization,” the ministry said in a statement on Tuesday.

Anyways, lots more to the article, but wouldn't be surprised to see more Latin American countries, including perhaps Brazil make more forceful statements and actions in the future.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/11/01/world/middleeast/bolivia-israel-gaza-ties.html
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #3326 on: November 01, 2023, 10:21:04 PM »

Also, no sign of Israel invasion of Gaza. It's an expanded ground operation, almost like Special Military Operation.

[Regina George voice] So you agree? Putin's framing of what he's doing in Ukraine is mendacious BS and always has been?

I said like 20 times Russian invasion.

I'm sorry for confusing your view that Putin's actions in Ukraine are fine because there's just not anything wrong with them with the views of others that they're fine because they're not really happening, then. In any case, we're off-topic.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #3327 on: November 02, 2023, 04:37:01 AM »

Gavin Newsom talks in his first interview back after visiting Israel.

Gov. Gavin Newsom

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cyv96Q7vf6k/
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #3328 on: November 02, 2023, 06:17:53 AM »
« Edited: November 02, 2023, 06:43:29 PM by Meclazine for Israel »

The October 7 Massacre in 3D.

Despite the Hamas statements, it appears the Hamas Islamic terrorists targeted civilians the whole time. Their first movement was towards 3,000 people at a music concert.

There are reports coming out that some Hamas Islamic terrorists put babies in ovens in the kitchen of the houses they were raiding, turned the oven on and left.

October 7

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CzJBqETN6sH/

If Palestinians are not supporting Hamas, why do no 'good Palestinians' reveal the location of the child hostages?

The Hamas media show will lose momentum over time.

Bloodthirsty Murderous Child Killers

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CzHCwnQi0W4/
Open Source Intelligence
United States
« Reply #3329 on: November 02, 2023, 08:46:22 AM »

Well tbf much of the initial Israeli invasion plans were telegraphed a bit in advance.

If Israeli Military Planning is worth 10 cents they had a stock plan sitting on a hard drive titled "Plans for the Invasion of Gaza" drawn up years ago, no different than how the U.S. had a plan for war with Japan long before Pearl Harbor.
CumbrianLefty
CumbrianLeftie
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #3330 on: November 02, 2023, 12:21:09 PM »

Can we at least not do the "no good Palestinians" myth. Gaza has been in effect a totalitarian state for years, and people should realise well enough what that means by now.
Silent Hunter
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3331 on: November 02, 2023, 12:32:34 PM »

Can we at least not do the "no good Palestinians" myth. Gaza has been in effect a totalitarian state for years, and people should realise well enough what that means by now.

The regime is supported or partially condoned by much of the population. Any active resistance will be a tiny minority.
CumbrianLefty
CumbrianLeftie
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #3332 on: November 02, 2023, 12:35:47 PM »

The regime is supported or condoned by most of the population. Any active resistance will be a tiny minority.

And re my above post, tell me any totalitarian dictatorship where that wasn't normally the case.

We should always in such cases, try to distinguish between active and passive support.
Logical

« Reply #3333 on: November 02, 2023, 01:33:51 PM »
« Edited: November 02, 2023, 01:38:00 PM by Logical »

The coastal road has been cut off. Gaza City is encircled.

kaoras
Chile

« Reply #3334 on: November 02, 2023, 01:43:27 PM »

The regime is supported or partially condoned by much of the population. Any active resistance will be a tiny minority.

Absolutely disgraceful post. I hope you never get to experience what is to live in a dictatorship and you can live the rest of your days in blissful ignorance saying these stupidities
Silent Hunter
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3335 on: November 02, 2023, 01:56:06 PM »

I hope I don't either. I am not denying the existence of "good Palestinians" and apologise for giving that erroneous impression.
MyLifeIsYours
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.74, S: -6.61

« Reply #3336 on: November 02, 2023, 05:41:13 PM »

Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3337 on: November 02, 2023, 07:12:49 PM »

Been following this guy a lot. I think he has things exactly right here.

longtimelurker

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 2.43

« Reply #3338 on: November 02, 2023, 10:09:52 PM »

There was a rumor yesterday that a Givati Brigade armored spearhead was ambushed. This is the official confirmation from the IDF.

Hamas released the video of smoking the APC a few days ago, the IDF is clearly slow rolling their release of casualties. Probably because they know the public would freak out if they understood exactly how badly things are going and how high the cost will be if they keep following the current strategy. They very clearly aren't prepared for extended urban combat.

Clearly they need some Ukrainian or Russian advisors to teach them the basics of 21st century warfare. This is an army designed to beat enemies that can't fight back, like Jewish protesters in Jerusalem.

I am not going to defend the Israeli police here.  But, some background: the Chassidic sect in this video is Neturai Karta, the most rabid anti-Israel group of the anti-Zionist Satmar Chassids.  They're not just anti-Israel, they are pro-PLO.  They have participated in PLO marches in NYC - even on Shabbos. 

They protest the Holocaust remembrance activities of the Israeli government.  When, years ago, it was found that Swiss banks had been keeping large amounts of money from the heirs of Holocaust victims, Neturai Karta sided with the Swiss banks and criticized the Jewish heirs who were being cheated out of their money for decades.

Ever read Neturai Karta literature?  It reads like Nazi literature, only with the word "Jew" replaced by "Zionist".  NK members have even attended anti-Zionist meetings in Iran where the Holocaust was derided as a hoax.

NK literature is a favorite of the Institute for Historical Review, the Neo-Nazi think tank founded by Willis Carto and other members of the post-Mencken version of American Mercury magazine.  In short, NK hate all Jews (besides themselves) with a nearly Nazi-like passion.  They are despised throughout the Jewish world, even among other Chassids.

Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #3339 on: November 03, 2023, 01:03:56 AM »

I hope I don't either. I am not denying the existence of "good Palestinians" and apologise for giving that erroneous impression.

I think it's fair to say that everyone agrees with each other for wanting the best outcome for Palestinian citizens.

Hamas are clearly not allowing that to occur.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #3340 on: November 03, 2023, 02:42:42 AM »

I think it's fair to say that everyone agrees with each other for wanting the best outcome for Palestinian citizens.

Hamas are clearly not allowing that to occur.

I don't think that's fair to say. There are a lot of people who don't wish for the best outcome for Palestinians, several on this forum included.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3341 on: November 03, 2023, 03:01:42 AM »

https://news.sky.com/story/israel-hamas-war-ordinary-life-suspended-in-west-bank-as-israeli-military-imposes-lockdown-and-families-flee-stuart-ramsay-12998991
The ethnic cleansing/pogroms in the West Bank continue.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3342 on: November 03, 2023, 03:28:27 AM »

Also regarding this community:
I found this Emerati news item.
https://www.emaratalyoum.com/politics/reports-and-translation/2020-10-25-1.1413865
To the southwest of the mountains of the city of Hebron in the West Bank, approximately 250 Palestinians live in the archaeological site of Khirbet Zanota, in natural caves and caves, to which stone entrances have been added, as well as inside fabric tents, due to the occupation preventing them from expanding and building new tents.

Al-Tal says, “The village is distinguished by its ancient historical civilization, as it contains the Al-Omari Mosque, which was built during the reign of Caliph Omar bin Al-Khattab, Commander of the Faithful, while the occupation prevents us from restoring its remains that remain to this day.”
This is taken from Google Translate Ara->Eng.
https://www.google.com/maps/search/%D8%B2%D9%86%D9%88%D8%AA%D8%A7+%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%A3%D8%AB%D8%B1%D9%8A%D8%A9%E2%80%AD/@31.3710995,34.9866823,15z
This is where the community is located.
Red Velvet
Brazil

« Reply #3343 on: November 03, 2023, 05:33:35 AM »

The MTG of Brazil, the Bolsonarist hardliner Carla Zambelli, is now reproducing propaganda on the conflict that is inspired from the Nazi propaganda.

The change is that the Rats were Jewish people in the Nazi propaganda. Carla Zambelli depicts Palestine as the Rats this time. While Israel, carried by a US eagle in the image, occupies the same racially superior positions as the Nazi Germans on the original propaganda.

For anyone who still had (or pretended to have) doubts about the racial element behind all this. Nazis portrayed Jews as Rats to pass the idea of carriers of diseases that needed to be exterminated in order to justify their ethnic cleansing. Now the more radical and no-limits Pro-Israel crowd is using the same imagery to justify the genocide of Palestinians.

Carla Zambelli is the same congresswoman known for in the eve of the 2022 Brazilian Election runoff, to get involved in a street political fight where she took off her gun and persecuted a Black Brazilian, targeting him so that he would humiliate himself to her in fear of his life:

Bolsonaro blames Carla Zambelli to this day for this event on the eve of the runoff, as he believes that’s what cost him the reelection. He wasn’t mad with the action per see, but with the timing of it.
jaichind
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.03, S: -5.39

« Reply #3344 on: November 03, 2023, 06:03:32 AM »

Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #3345 on: November 03, 2023, 06:36:59 AM »
« Edited: November 03, 2023, 06:55:50 AM by Meclazine for Israel »

From the IDF, taped audio recordings concerning Gazan Hospitals and how they are missing out because Hamas controls the fuel.

Hospital Manager

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cy8BjyEC8OV/

Hospital Fuel

https://www.instagram.com/p/CzLR4CACYJ-/

Meanwhile, on Western News fed by the Hamas media machine, we were told that the Hospitals are in dire straights because the power generators were not working. Turns out that Hamas takes priority on fuel over the hospitals.

Latest Media Presentation

https://www.instagram.com/p/CzLoM74C2ge/
afleitch
Atlas Star

« Reply #3346 on: November 03, 2023, 07:20:01 AM »

Meanwhile, on Western News fed by the Hamas media machine.

I'm giving a pass to your 'news aggregation' posts. But if you do so, share without comment. Because comments like the above are conspiratorial.
bilaps
« Reply #3347 on: November 03, 2023, 07:54:54 AM »

Nasrallah speech in minutes. I don't expect nothing big though.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #3348 on: November 03, 2023, 09:21:20 AM »

Meanwhile, on Western News fed by the Hamas media machine.

I'm giving a pass to your 'news aggregation' posts. But if you do so, share without comment. Because comments like the above are conspiratorial.

Sorry, I am confused. What exactly are you talking about?

The Ukraine thread is 1,067 pages of news and opinions.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #3349 on: November 03, 2023, 09:32:00 AM »

Nasrallah speech in minutes. I don't expect nothing big though.

Basically this, but of course Hezbollah =/= Lebanon.
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 131 132 133 [134] 135 136 137 138 139 ... 295  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies