Israel-Gaza war
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 04:19:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Israel-Gaza war
« previous next »
Thread note
MODERATOR WARNING: Any kind of inappropriate posts, including support for indiscriminate killing of civilians, and severe personal attacks against other posters will not be tolerated.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 295
Author Topic: Israel-Gaza war  (Read 207758 times)
Zinneke
JosepBroz
YaBB God
Belgium

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: October 07, 2023, 08:05:37 AM »

We're just getting started. Let's see all those people dancing with our civilians' corpses in the street by Wednesday.

I don't think boasting about dead civilians, even if said civilians are misguided individuals, is constructive either way is it?

Israel has a "right " to reoccupy the Gaza Strip and remove elements that attacked it from there but not to indiscriminately kill non-armed people.
Considering the amount of popular support we can see Hamas and PIJ having in the streets of Gaza perhaps the people of Gaza need a sharp reminder of the realities of life. I think they should take complaints about civilian losses to the Hamas Ombudsman.

Ok, why don't we just casually assisnate some of the Russian Israelis who support Russia's invasion of Ukraine (some even financially I imagine). I'm sure that will go down well with you

Being a keyboard warrior doesn't merit having a bomb dropped on you.
How is that a like-for-like? The Ukraine has indeed targeting numerous Russian civilian targets for months now. I don't recall the west having much qualms about the people of Donetsk  

Ah now you are towing the famous "Donbass genocide" line of the Russian propaganda machine. Good to see you've gone off the deep end.

If you can't see how an indiscriminate bombing campaign against cilivians in Gaza is not an appropriate and proportionate response, do us all a favour and vote for Ben Gvir next election to turn your strip of sand into a theocracy.
I don't see where I adopted Russian propaganda.

The reality is that civilians die in conflicts, especially when their leadership actively seeks to hide between them. Moreover, the people of Gaza are themselves taking part in this war as evident in many videos showing many of them spontaneously joining the fighting since the early strike. So my general stance atm is 'em. The gloves are off.

Your general stance is what leads to such a cycle of violence in the first place.

It is understandable given the rage you must be feeling but levelling Gaza will have dramatic consequences for the strategic direction of Israel.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #76 on: October 07, 2023, 08:05:44 AM »

Palestinians have the right to fight and resist apartheid state Israël, in fact they should, and everyone who does is a freedom fighter. They have my support. The oppression needs to end, and no one is interested in peace & diplomacy from the international community.

You are sick in the head. They attacked civilians, not military. There’s a difference.

I want the war to end. Believe me.

But right now, with the mistreatment of dozens of Palestinians, it's hopeless. If they don't do anything they'll vanish in a genocide and all the western world will have done is watch, do nothing or even support it outright.

I don't approve the killing of civilians or even Hamas methods. All I say is i support the right of Palestinians to defend theirselves. That's what I say.

That doesn't mean i approve of the killings of Israeli civilians by Hamas. But we all know that Israel also systematically is killing Palestinians.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #77 on: October 07, 2023, 08:06:44 AM »

Palestinians have the right to fight and resist apartheid state Israël, in fact they should, and everyone who does is a freedom fighter. They have my support. The oppression needs to end, and no one is interested in peace & diplomacy from the international community.

It's a series of deliberate massacres of civilians. No one has a right to do that.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #78 on: October 07, 2023, 08:07:31 AM »

It's a series of deliberate massacres of civilians. No one has a right to do that.

Than why does Hamas do that?
Zinneke
JosepBroz
YaBB God
Belgium

« Reply #79 on: October 07, 2023, 08:09:01 AM »

Will you condemn the Israeli government if they level Gaza to the ground as Hnv1 wants them to, Al? Laki is an easy target being a tankie, but will you be brave enough to play thread policeman when the bombs start dropping?
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #80 on: October 07, 2023, 08:09:37 AM »

We're just getting started. Let's see all those people dancing with our civilians' corpses in the street by Wednesday.

I don't think boasting about dead civilians, even if said civilians are misguided individuals, is constructive either way is it?

Israel has a "right " to reoccupy the Gaza Strip and remove elements that attacked it from there but not to indiscriminately kill non-armed people.
Considering the amount of popular support we can see Hamas and PIJ having in the streets of Gaza perhaps the people of Gaza need a sharp reminder of the realities of life. I think they should take complaints about civilian losses to the Hamas Ombudsman.

Ok, why don't we just casually assisnate some of the Russian Israelis who support Russia's invasion of Ukraine (some even financially I imagine). I'm sure that will go down well with you

How is that a like-for-like? The Ukraine has indeed targeting numerous Russian civilian targets for months now. I don't recall the west having much qualms about the people of Donetsk  

Ah now you are towing the famous "Donbass genocide" line of the Russian propaganda machine. Good to see you've gone off the deep end.

If you can't see how an indiscriminate bombing campaign against cilivians in Gaza is not an appropriate and proportionate response, do us all a favour and vote for Ben Gvir next election to turn your strip of sand into a theocracy.

The reality is that civilians die in conflicts, especially when their leadership actively seeks to hide between them. Moreover, the people of Gaza are themselves taking part in this war as evident in many videos showing many of them spontaneously joining the fighting since the early strike. So my general stance atm is 'em. The gloves are off.

Your general stance is what leads to such a cycle of violence in the first place.

It is understandable given the rage you must be feeling but levelling Gaza will have dramatic consequences for the strategic direction of Israel.

There will have to be an unprecedented response, which will sadly lead to the death of many civilians. Israel simply cannot allow this brutal attack to go. At the very least, Hamas has to be toppled, and it'll require strong force. Simply can't expect Israel to immediately seek a ceasefire after this.
Zinneke
JosepBroz
YaBB God
Belgium

« Reply #81 on: October 07, 2023, 08:11:40 AM »

There will have to be an unprecedented response, which will sadly lead to the death of many civilians. Israel simply cannot allow this brutal attack to go. At the very least, Hamas has to be toppled, and it'll require strong force. Simply can't expect Israel to immediately seek a ceasefire after this.

Yes, so reoccupy Gaza, get a regime change, and follow LOAC rules. Gaza has very little strategic value. Get the Egyptians involved somehownif they can politically afford it. They could administer the place.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #82 on: October 07, 2023, 08:11:50 AM »

Palestinian president Abbas said Palestine has the right to self-defend theirselves. It's not like the situation of yesterday was exactly a peaceful one. There is continued occupation and neocolonization of Israelis within Palestinian territory.

If people want peace, that has to stop first.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #83 on: October 07, 2023, 08:12:35 AM »

Because they’re evil and want to kill Jews.
Zinneke
JosepBroz
YaBB God
Belgium

« Reply #84 on: October 07, 2023, 08:13:42 AM »

Because Hamas serve their sponsors' and not some higher cause of Palestinian liberation. They're too busy porking some Russian hooker in Qatar to care.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #85 on: October 07, 2023, 08:15:48 AM »

They're defending from a genocide being perpetrated on their people. Whoever attacks them is even irrelevant. Also its not jews, its Israeli people that occupy them. That's different, many Jewish people for instance condemn Israël as well. Many of my political idols are Jewish. Many of the greatest communists ever were Jewish.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #86 on: October 07, 2023, 08:17:23 AM »

Because Hamas serve their sponsors' and not some higher cause of Palestinian liberation. They're too busy porking some Russian hooker in Qatar to care.

It's not like anyone in the western world genuinely care or advocate for Palestinian liberation... . Without Hamas, nothing stops Israel from doing genocide.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #87 on: October 07, 2023, 08:18:18 AM »

They're defending from a genocide being perpetrated on their people. Whoever attacks them is even irrelevant. Also its not jews, its Israeli people that occupy them. That's different, many Jewish people for instance condemn Israël as well. Many of my political idols are Jewish. Many of the greatest communists ever were Jewish.

If Palestine wants to defend itself against the IDF, they will have my support.

I will never support attacks on civilians. That is terrorism.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #88 on: October 07, 2023, 08:20:29 AM »

If Palestine wants to defend itself against the IDF, they will have my support.

I will never support attacks on civilians. That is terrorism.

Even if you give them your support, we remain powerless. As long as nations like USA keep backing Israel unequivocally, nothing changes.

And with or without Hamas, the attitude towards Palestine would not change.

Besides the high level of islamophobia in the western world does not help their cause either.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #89 on: October 07, 2023, 08:22:35 AM »

Some saying why would Hamas do this, killing Israeli-Saudi Arabian relations normalization. Given the statement below, it might work.

America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #90 on: October 07, 2023, 08:23:41 AM »

Respectfully, get the hell out of this thread. You're ignorant, misinformed and spamming while some people here are trying to have a civilized discussion, analysis and updates. Do us this one favor in this morning of slaughter. We don't need this rambling, we need clear-headed updates and analysis.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #91 on: October 07, 2023, 08:26:50 AM »

Go to bed earlier and Middle East explodes again 0.o
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #92 on: October 07, 2023, 08:27:13 AM »

Serious question: do you know what is going on? Assuming ignorance to be generous, alternative is much worse
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #93 on: October 07, 2023, 08:33:22 AM »

Serious question: do you know what is going on? Assuming ignorance to be generous, alternative is much worse

I just think you're wrong.

Sorry. I don't think a leftist can reasonably support Israel here.

It's a clear good vs evil conflict.

I want peace, but nobody wants peace including most people in this thread (or if they do it is without Palestine even existing).

Do you even know what is going on in Palestine. Do you support colonization of Palestinian lands by Israelis and continued oppression and so on.

I have the right of my own opinion and I believe i am right.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #94 on: October 07, 2023, 08:34:46 AM »

Respectfully, get the hell out of this thread. You're ignorant, misinformed and spamming while some people here are trying to have a civilized discussion, analysis and updates. Do us this one favor in this morning of slaughter. We don't need this rambling, we need clear-headed updates and analysis.

Don't ever tell me again what i have to do and what not.

I have the right to post here. Plain and simple.

Then expect to be called out for your apologia for the mass murder of Jews. None of us are in the mood to coddle you.

Read this.

https://www.amnesty.org/en/location/middle-east-and-north-africa/israel-and-occupied-palestinian-territories/report-israel-and-occupied-palestinian-territories/

This is what you all ignore.
Zinneke
JosepBroz
YaBB God
Belgium

« Reply #95 on: October 07, 2023, 08:35:20 AM »

I want peace, but nobody wants peace including most people in this thread (or if they do it is without Palestine even existing).

Do you even know what is going on in Palestine. Do you support colonization of Palestinian lands by Israelis and continued oppression and so on.

You can be pro-Palestinian self-determination and still think Hamas should be taken to account for the war crimes they have committed today? It isn't a difficult stance, even if the mechanics of a 2 state solution are gradually evaporating thanks to extremists on both sides.
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #96 on: October 07, 2023, 08:36:22 AM »

Then expect to be called out for your apologia for the mass murder of Jews. None of us are in the mood to coddle you.

Read this.

https://www.amnesty.org/en/location/middle-east-and-north-africa/israel-and-occupied-palestinian-territories/report-israel-and-occupied-palestinian-territories/

Amnesty is an antisemitic organization. This has been proven time and time again. They want dead Jews, and their word carries zero weight here.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #97 on: October 07, 2023, 08:37:31 AM »

You came to this thread, about the massacre of civilians, to comment on necessity for resistance no matter what. It can only be construed you are a supporter.

Serious question

so even if we talk about "civilians"

does this warrant the - checks note - the 160 Palestinian civilians that have been killed in counterattacks.

Apparently it all does and it shows that some civilians matter more than the other.

Are those "160 Palestinian civilians" part of an operation to eliminate Hamas?
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #98 on: October 07, 2023, 08:37:59 AM »

Read this.

Amnesty is an antisemitic organization. This has been proven time and time again. They want dead Jews, and their word carries zero weight here.

That's nonsense.
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #99 on: October 07, 2023, 08:39:17 AM »

It would be nice if this thread could be kept to discussion of the events and news of the events....how about we all just put him on ignore and move on
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 295  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies