NY: Convicted Felon Donald Trump!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 18, 2024, 07:55:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  NY: Convicted Felon Donald Trump!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 140 141 142 143 144 [145] 146 147 148 149 150 ... 174
Poll
Question: ?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 74

Author Topic: NY: Convicted Felon Donald Trump!  (Read 107006 times)
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3600 on: May 30, 2024, 05:24:00 PM »

emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #3601 on: May 30, 2024, 05:24:10 PM »

I've decided no movies tonight, it's going to be all Trump for me!
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #3602 on: May 30, 2024, 05:24:18 PM »
« Edited: May 31, 2024, 05:20:40 AM by Penn_Quaker_Girl »

In case *anybody* needs to know how 85-year old Gujarati night-owl grandmothers in India feel about this: mine is apparently thrilled.  
Damocles
Sword of Damocles
United States

« Reply #3603 on: May 30, 2024, 05:24:27 PM »

Genie: “I’ll grant you one more wish, Donald.”

Trump: “I wish for… winning the popular vote!”

Genie:
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3604 on: May 30, 2024, 05:24:28 PM »

I still stand by this is not good for the nation. How many Presidents would be tried then: Nixon, Clinton, W and you could add more as well.

Jan 6th and Doc Cases are different because of the national sec aspect

Presidents aren't above the law. If a Dem did this, I would say the same.

Presidents operate under grey areas all the time.

Jan 6th, Doc Cases and Nixon sabotaging Vietnam Peace Talks(if he was caught) are exceptions because they all violated our national security

Gray areas as you call them, and material provable Beyond A Reasonable Doubt violations of the law are vastly different things. Furthermore, there's absolutely nothing comprehensively definable as a "gray area under the exercise of presidential Authority" involved in any of Trump's for separate Criminal cases. They were all utterly and completely self-serving to him as an individual, and in the case of January 6th and the security documents trials, fundamentally threatening to our democracy and National security. To offer him and all presidents blanket immunity from such accountability because of the theoretical risk of BS indictments arising as political Payback is an incomprehensively bad idea
brucejoel99
Atlas Star
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #3605 on: May 30, 2024, 05:24:33 PM »

MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3606 on: May 30, 2024, 05:24:35 PM »

What an absolute joke of a trial and hack judge. This is probably the most angry I've been for the last few years. I will be donating half of my paycheck to Trump to help him win the most important chapter in his life - the 2024 election. It is going to be up to us, his core supporters from 2015 to deliver him one final win against the deep state who seeks to cripple America and all we stand for.

lol to all of this

First thing after any tragedy for the right is to blame the Jews.
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #3607 on: May 30, 2024, 05:25:12 PM »

Sweet!
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #3608 on: May 30, 2024, 05:26:35 PM »

I still stand by this is not good for the nation. How many Presidents would be tried then: Nixon, Clinton, W and you could add more as well.

And you are wrong in that belief. Unspeakably so actually. If a president commits a crime, let them be prosecuted according to law. Otherwise the law means nothing

So W should go to jail for Iraq, Obama for drones so see where this precedent leads too

This is the wrong argument. The question should be about the normal duties of the office of the President. Financial fraud is not within the duties of Trump’s office (and wasn’t even while in office), the same way that covering up a burglary was not within the duties of Nixon’s office. The bar to try Presidents for actions committed within the bounds of their office should obviously be higher, but stuff like Watergate or Jan. 6th is not within the normal duties of their office in the way that being commander in chief is.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #3609 on: May 30, 2024, 05:26:40 PM »

I will be donating half of my paycheck to Trump to help him win the most important chapter in his life - the 2024 election.

You understand that he's just going to use your money to pay his legal bills, rather than using his own money for that?
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #3610 on: May 30, 2024, 05:27:10 PM »

What an absolute joke of a trial and hack judge. This is probably the most angry I've been for the last few years. I will be donating half of my paycheck to Trump to help him win the most important chapter in his life - the 2024 election. It is going to be up to us, his core supporters from 2015 to deliver him one final win against the deep state who seeks to cripple America and all we stand for.

Anti-Trump Truth Socialite JD Vance Enjoying Juror
NYDem
United States Minor Outlying Islands

« Reply #3611 on: May 30, 2024, 05:27:13 PM »

Why would you donate your paycheck to a billionaire's campaign in the first place?
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #3612 on: May 30, 2024, 05:27:27 PM »

Any Republicans who believe in the rule of law, please raise your hands.

I believe in the rule of law.

Therefore, we will fight this lawless court in any way we can until complete victory and exoneration.

What about this was unjust?

Explain or STFU
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3613 on: May 30, 2024, 05:27:33 PM »

Presidents aren't above the law. If a Dem did this, I would say the same.

Presidents operate under grey areas all the time.

Jan 6th, Doc Cases and Nixon sabotaging Vietnam Peace Talks(if he was caught) are exceptions because they all violated our national security

Being an anti-Trump Republican takes guts. And you showed us again that you are no anti-Trump Republican.

Jeb Bush agrees with me on this

LO freaking L!! Proving what,  exactly?
randomusername

« Reply #3614 on: May 30, 2024, 05:27:41 PM »

And you are wrong in that belief. Unspeakably so actually. If a president commits a crime, let them be prosecuted according to law. Otherwise the law means nothing

So W should go to jail for Iraq, Obama for drones so see where this precedent leads too

I mean Trump's case happened prior to him becoming President. I think even if you are worried about the precedent set, I don't think being President retroactively pardons you of all crimes
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

P P P

« Reply #3615 on: May 30, 2024, 05:27:55 PM »

Bush W admin outed a CIA agent Valerie Plane
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3616 on: May 30, 2024, 05:27:56 PM »

Nobody has anything to say to attack the integrity of the jurors. Them being from Manhattan is a flimsy basis to call it a rigged trial.
Benjamin Frank 2.0
Frank 2.0
Canada

« Reply #3617 on: May 30, 2024, 05:28:27 PM »

I mean, yes?

If that were the case, then Trump should go to jail for drones as well.
Rubensim
Rookie
Malta

« Reply #3618 on: May 30, 2024, 05:29:15 PM »

I don't know why but for some reason i just don't care, like this changes absolutely nothing about my opinion of trump like not even a inch.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #3619 on: May 30, 2024, 05:29:21 PM »

Cry, snowflake.
brucejoel99
Atlas Star
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #3620 on: May 30, 2024, 05:29:37 PM »

Nobody has anything to say to attack the integrity of the jurors. Them being from Manhattan is a flimsy basis to call it a rigged trial.

Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3621 on: May 30, 2024, 05:29:48 PM »

So--is Trump going to stiff Blanche and crew for the lousy job they did?

If those idiots didn't demand full payment in advance of their retainer knowing Trump's worldwide reputation for stiffing his lawyers and indeed anyone else who worked for him, they deserve what they get.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3622 on: May 30, 2024, 05:29:52 PM »

I don't know why but for some reason i just don't care, like this changes absolutely nothing about my opinion of trump like not even a inch.

That’s why it’s a cult.
Joe Biden is your president. Deal with it.
diskymike44

« Reply #3623 on: May 30, 2024, 05:29:58 PM »

Waahhh wahh cope and seethe
NerdyBohemian
United States

« Reply #3624 on: May 30, 2024, 05:30:19 PM »

Imagine being so obsessed with a loser game show host and convicted felon that you'll subsidize his legal bills.
Pages: 1 ... 140 141 142 143 144 [145] 146 147 148 149 150 ... 174  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies