NY: Trump on Trial! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:20:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  NY: Trump on Trial! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 49

Author Topic: NY: Trump on Trial!  (Read 62320 times)
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« on: March 19, 2023, 03:35:37 PM »

Yeah it’s not as simple as that . It’s easy to say this but reality is different than theory .

You know who agrees with me on this , Barack Obama

Obama was wrong.

I disagree as arresting Bush and Cheney would have not been good for our nation .

Locking up criminals is good for our nation. War criminals especially.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2023, 04:46:39 PM »

Literally just Stormy Daniels, though? This is like getting Al Capone on tax evasion.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2023, 05:00:40 PM »

The Republican Primary is Safe Trump at this point. Governor DeSantis might as well announce tomorrow that he isn’t running for President.

I'm not ready to make any predictions a year out, but the DeSantis supporters shouldn't be celebrating just yet. There's just as likely that there will be a rally-around-the-flag backlash effect for the "witch hunt," and the fact that it's just about Stormy Daniels could make some on the fence more sympathetic to Trump.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2023, 05:35:39 PM »

I was in the kitchen eating dinner and had NBC on when this thing dropped. One of the commentators mentioned Trump was offered to show up and testify, "but he would be under oath and would have to tell the truth." I laughed out loud.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2023, 06:00:58 PM »

Sorry to disappoint you OSR, but presidents are not god kings who answer to nobody.

We are a nation of laws, whether you like it or not.

Should Clinton have gone to prison for perjury then . This is literally the equivalent of that and the answer is obviously Clinton should not have .

Breaking decades of precedent over this is beyond moronic

In an ideal world, Clinton should've gone to prison for rape.

And yes, Nixon, Bush, and his cronies all should've been put in prison as well. Now of course there certainly are people in this country who are above the law. That doesn't mean it should be that way.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2023, 07:13:01 PM »

This should tell us what the GOP Establishment is thinking. If they're not simply saying "the legal process should continue as followed" then they're not subtly telling people to support somebody else. That's more bad news for DeSantis.

But there should be more indictments for the more serious crimes, so I guess we'll see. When this is over we'll probably have triple-digit charges.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2023, 07:27:26 PM »

This should tell us what the GOP Establishment is thinking. If they're not simply saying "the legal process should continue as followed" then they're not subtly telling people to support somebody else. That's more bad news for DeSantis.

But there should be more indictments for the more serious crimes, so I guess we'll see. When this is over we'll probably have triple-digit charges.

McCarthy is the GOP establishment?  He is Trump's boy...we'll see what other Republicans in Congress say.  I doubt McConnell or most Senate Republicans will come to a full-throated defense of Trump, for example.

What else is he? I wouldn't think McCarthy wants Trump on the ballot the same day his razor-thin House majority is. Maybe he kisses up more for the speakership, but the Senate's different. I don't expect much from McConnell though who's clearly shown to be more agitated at Trump. And unlike McCarthy he's a hated-enough figure to cause some more backlash.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2023, 03:08:26 PM »

So from the looks of it, just about everyone in the GOP is pissed about this indictment/indication. Biden really hit the jackpot here: Trump's chances are boosted for the nomination, therefore so are Biden's chances of getting reelected.

My, my, what a gift. I should binge on some more whiskey.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2023, 01:42:21 AM »

30-second mark to 02:50. Looks he made a new commercial alluding to the indictments

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqi2bBpmSZU&t=35s&pp=2AEjkAIB

His commercial just makes you want to vomit.
I still can't believe that all his cult followers at rallies, and in the background in that commercial, are like 99% white people. Why is that? Doesn't the GOP see a problem with that? Any party should (here in the US).

I mean, from an objective standpoint, it's a powerful ad for the base. At least, I can see why the average know-nothing voter would find that video appealing. Keeping the cult together and turning them out is what Trump needs to do. It's all he needs to do to beat DeSantis, and DeSantis would be starting out with an uphill battle right now.

Like Spectator said, DeSantis received a short boost after the midterms. But no one remembers or thinks about the midterms anymore. The nomination is still Trump's to lose.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies