Daily Kos: Republicans now openly advocating mass murder of LGBTQ+ Americans
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 08, 2024, 02:56:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Daily Kos: Republicans now openly advocating mass murder of LGBTQ+ Americans
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Author Topic: Daily Kos: Republicans now openly advocating mass murder of LGBTQ+ Americans  (Read 3563 times)
EastwoodS

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: February 08, 2023, 03:48:19 PM »

Btw I just went back using discord search feature and nobody called lgbt people “groomers” and certainly not “pedos” .

If it happened , the mods infracted those posts so that shows you the cord does not support this type of rhetoric .

Many religious individuals , and conservatives in general, have always referred to LGBT+ people of having a much greater tendency of "molesting" their children.
Believing otherwise, is like you living in a bubble.
I actually have the screenshots on my phone of them calling me this, the mods only deleted the comments after I raised hell about it.
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #76 on: February 08, 2023, 05:13:31 PM »

Honestly at this point I'm starting to think the people behind kink parades and penised individuals in bathrooms are part of a long term right-wing psyop to turn the tide of public support against LGBT people.

Only partially /s
No War, but the War on Christmas
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #77 on: February 08, 2023, 05:31:57 PM »

Btw I just went back using discord search feature and nobody called lgbt people “groomers” and certainly not “pedos” .

If it happened , the mods infracted those posts so that shows you the cord does not support this type of rhetoric .

Many religious individuals , and conservatives in general, have always referred to LGBT+ people of having a much greater tendency of "molesting" their children.
I actually have the screenshots on my phone of them calling me this, the mods only deleted the comments after I raised hell about it.

Doesn't surprise me in the least; as I've mentioned on here before I like to peruse right-wing social media and in-groups to keep an eye and an ear on what they're up to and when certain right-wing types get together and let down the facade things get truly nasty and vile when they don't have to hide behind misdirection and water down what they really believe/want.

And even the 'moderates' aren't absolved cause just like Young Texan told me once when I asked about his opinion on the rise of the hard right / alt right, "It's all the same line in the end" but props to you for braving that place.
EastwoodS

« Reply #78 on: February 08, 2023, 06:05:36 PM »
« Edited: February 08, 2023, 06:11:41 PM by EastwoodS »

Misquoted, mischaracterized, and outright false.

You posted death threats which in some cases were outrightly taken seriously, then you come on here and play victim.

I will admit, there are no innocent parties, I did my best to keep everything level and fair. But for you to insinuate these things is a distortion of reality. I do not want to drag these things out in public, but if you continue to do so Eastwood, I will do the exact same.

This is not to shut you up, I do not care what you say. But if you continually lie about other people's reputations, that is where I draw the line.
in the case of YH, he regularly advocates for the stripping of women's rights and the annihilation of gay people, I felt obligated to fight fire with fire and to this day, I feel no remorse about what I said to YH. And for you, as a bi man, who ultimately sided with YH over me in the end, really says it all. I wish to never speak to you or have any contact with you whatsoever, so please do not @ me ever again. you have caused me great psychological stress and your lack of a proactive response to the rampant homophobia on CC, even telling me I didn't know what I was talking about, really hurt.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #79 on: February 08, 2023, 06:25:52 PM »

May I suggest we redirect the thread away from personal beefs over prior posts and certain Discord servers blah blah blah, and perhaps start the debate over from this extremely apt and badly overlooked post from three pages ago.

Look just because the top two candidates for the Republican presidential nom are advised by someone who openly advocates violence against gay and trans people, states like Texas make being a transgender kid a crime that parents could get arrested for, and republican politicians up and down the line call trans people pedos and giving out locations of where they live to hate groups doesn’t mean they want to hurt gay and trans people. God you people are so over dramatic
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #80 on: February 08, 2023, 06:26:36 PM »

Guys, nobody cares about your "conservacord" drama. What's the point of even starting a safe space away from this site, only to bring the drama from it over here?
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #81 on: February 08, 2023, 06:37:53 PM »

Guys, nobody cares about your "conservacord" drama. What's the point of even starting a safe space away from this site, only to bring the drama from it over here?

At least we can thank conservacord for being a living example of how toxic safe spaces are. Divides will always form when you have people together in a large group, so might as well just put everyone together and let the best ideas win.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #82 on: February 08, 2023, 06:44:36 PM »

This only started cause a banned poster started to post extremely misleading things about the cord in an effort to make us look bad to posters on here .

Why shouldn’t we provide a defense of ourselves then
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #83 on: February 08, 2023, 06:46:11 PM »

The people who say there is nothing to worry about Republicans' hateful anti-gay/anti-trans rhetoric are mostly the same people who say that having dozens of children murdered every year in schools by gun nuts is a small price to pay in defense of their second amendment rights.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #84 on: February 08, 2023, 06:59:40 PM »

The people who say there is nothing to worry about Republicans' hateful anti-gay/anti-trans rhetoric are mostly the same people who say that having dozens of children murdered every year in schools by gun nuts is a small price to pay in defense of their second amendment rights.

The people who post random non-sequiturs in Atlas threads are mostly the same people who shout "OPA!" and smash plates.
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -5.91

P P P

« Reply #85 on: February 08, 2023, 07:20:53 PM »

It's undeniable that the last few years has seen an upswing of violent rhetoric and political repression against LGBT Americans. Regardless of whether you think the thread topic is hyperbolic or not. It's an inevitable repercussion of the Christian Nationalists who are infesting local governments.
Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

« Reply #86 on: February 08, 2023, 07:34:10 PM »

Do people actually think Trump is plotting a genocide of gay/trans people from his resort in Mar-a-Lago? Trump himself isn't even that anti-LGBTQ, iirc he was the first R candidate to support gay marriage.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #87 on: February 08, 2023, 07:36:33 PM »

Do people actually think Trump is plotting a genocide of gay/trans people from his resort in Mar-a-Lago? Trump himself isn't even that anti-LGBTQ, iirc he was the first R candidate to support gay marriage.

Technically the first president to be elected to his first term supporting gay marriage of either party, considering that Obama officially opposed it in 2008.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #88 on: February 08, 2023, 07:37:23 PM »

The people who post random non-sequiturs in Atlas threads are mostly the same people who shout "OPA!" and smash plates.

I mean, its not like this thread has any redeeming value on its own. Just more idiocy about how its literally genocide to not support sterilizing children.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #89 on: February 08, 2023, 07:47:38 PM »

If you don't have enough bandwidth to process what I'm saying then it's not my fault kid.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #90 on: February 08, 2023, 08:40:51 PM »
« Edited: February 08, 2023, 10:51:16 PM by 7,052,770 »

This only started cause a banned poster started to post extremely misleading things about the cord in an effort to make us look bad to posters on here .

Why shouldn’t we provide a defense of ourselves then

Because no one who isn't a conservacorder cares either way. He shouldn't have started it, you shouldn't have prolonged it. What's the point of having a private, exclusive safe space if you're just going to come here and tell the rest of us about it? Just have your discussions here if you want us to know about them.
Bernie Derangement Syndrome Haver
freethinkingindy
United States

« Reply #91 on: February 08, 2023, 11:27:01 PM »

I really wish articles and posts like this would stop using the term "LGBTQ+" to refer to "TQ+". These attacks are SOLELY on TQ+ people, and it would really help LGB people to not be grouped with them. Those who hate the TQ+ will see LGB grouped with it and start attacking them too.

I don't give a damn about solidarity or allyship when it comes to this. This issue has gone beyond what being transgender really is. And conservatives have reacted even more extremely than they should be. There are clearly problems on both sides and no one seems to occupy the rational middle, and it's going to create a disaster. But LGB people have NOTHING to do with it.
the artist formerly known as catmusic
schnittdoodle
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.16, S: -7.91

P
« Reply #92 on: February 09, 2023, 12:01:57 AM »

"This bad thing is happening to this group"

"No it isn't"

"Wait but I'm a person from that group and I've noticed this happening"

"You're just being dramatic"

Look, I'm not going to get into the minutia of what is or isn't happening. All I'm going to say is - when people of a group tell you they're being treated differently and feeling less safe...why are you rushing to doubt their experience?
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #93 on: February 09, 2023, 12:18:31 AM »

I really wish articles and posts like this would stop using the term "LGBTQ+" to refer to "TQ+". These attacks are SOLELY on TQ+ people, and it would really help LGB people to not be grouped with them. Those who hate the TQ+ will see LGB grouped with it and start attacking them too.

I don't give a damn about solidarity or allyship when it comes to this. This issue has gone beyond what being transgender really is. And conservatives have reacted even more extremely than they should be. There are clearly problems on both sides and no one seems to occupy the rational middle, and it's going to create a disaster. But LGB people have NOTHING to do with it.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #94 on: February 09, 2023, 12:21:15 AM »

How in the world are you under the impression that Republicans aren't attacking "LGB people" in the 2020s??
VBM
VBNMWEB
YaBB God

« Reply #95 on: February 09, 2023, 12:50:09 AM »

Honestly one the most weird ass dynamic in politics today is how some of the most hostile figures to trans people come from the smug atheist community think guys like Bill Maher, Richard Dawkins, or Dule here. The weirdest part is they’ll condense to religious people for holding these anti scientific views but they themselves will advocate some of the most anti scientific stances on the trans/gender topic
Such as?
Born to Slay. Forced to Work.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.78

« Reply #96 on: February 09, 2023, 01:16:26 AM »

Did y’all forget about them coming after drag queens, who usually are gay men? Or the fact their forcing teachers into the closet? Or making students to send letters of notice if they’re gay and go on a field trip? This ain’t just a TQ+ thing. Republicans don’t slice and dice that finely.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #97 on: February 09, 2023, 02:02:38 AM »

Conservacord should be renamed "unemployedcord"
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #98 on: February 09, 2023, 02:06:40 AM »

The vast majority of us have jobs so this is inaccurate, unless you don't consider desk jobs to be "real jobs".
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #99 on: February 09, 2023, 02:11:29 AM »

The vast majority of us have jobs so this is inaccurate, unless you don't consider desk jobs to be "real jobs".

Sure, OSR
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies