Daily Kos: Republicans now openly advocating mass murder of LGBTQ+ Americans
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 04:46:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Daily Kos: Republicans now openly advocating mass murder of LGBTQ+ Americans
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]
Author Topic: Daily Kos: Republicans now openly advocating mass murder of LGBTQ+ Americans  (Read 3498 times)
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: February 10, 2023, 02:12:36 AM »

This is all an aside to the fact that the scenario you outlined here was completely ridiculous. How exactly are Republicans going to "forcibly de-transition" someone who lives in San Francisco? You are stark raving insane if you think this is remotely plausible. This is why I do not take you seriously on this subject: You use the most hyperbolic rhetoric you can think of because you get emotional, and then you find yourself defending an indefensible position. Why should I spend time formulating responses to arguments that you barely put any thought into in the first place?

Are you unfamiliar with the concept of federal laws? What exactly would stop a GOP trifecta from passing a law banning gender-affirming care at the national level?

The Constitution would stop it from happening because it is an issue that is up for the states to decide. The regulation of health and welfare falls under the police powers reserved to the states.

Wow, the naivete! Or should I say delusion.
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #126 on: February 10, 2023, 04:10:56 AM »

This is all an aside to the fact that the scenario you outlined here was completely ridiculous. How exactly are Republicans going to "forcibly de-transition" someone who lives in San Francisco? You are stark raving insane if you think this is remotely plausible. This is why I do not take you seriously on this subject: You use the most hyperbolic rhetoric you can think of because you get emotional, and then you find yourself defending an indefensible position. Why should I spend time formulating responses to arguments that you barely put any thought into in the first place?

Are you unfamiliar with the concept of federal laws? What exactly would stop a GOP trifecta from passing a law banning gender-affirming care at the national level?

The Constitution would stop it from happening because it is an issue that is up for the states to decide. The regulation of health and welfare falls under the police powers reserved to the states.

Wow, the naivete! Or should I say delusion.

Even in the worst possible scenario SF would be safe for LGBT people. If you take the Fugitive Slave Act (which is a good example as trans activists see themselves as fighting something as evil and important as slavery) the agents and hired people searching for escaped slaves didn't just break down doors in rural Vermont, for instance.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #127 on: February 10, 2023, 10:55:17 AM »

Tell that to the 6-3 conservative US Supreme Court.
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #128 on: February 10, 2023, 11:33:29 AM »

Tell that to the 6-3 conservative US Supreme Court.

ACLU LLC et al. v. ER, DIRECTOR, ALABAMA DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH, et al.

Certiorari to the United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit

No. 17–599. Argued April 22, 2024—Decided June 25, 2024

The opinion of the court is written by Justice Ben Laden and joined by Justice Thomas, Justice Rowling, Justice Kavanaugh, and Justice Coney Barrett and is as follows:

"lmao kill the transgenders lol"
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #129 on: February 10, 2023, 01:41:25 PM »

ACLU LLC et al. v. STATE OF ALABAMA, et al.

No. 17–599. Argued April 1, 2031—Decided June 27, 2031

The opinion of the court is written by Justice Raichik and joined by Justice Thomas, Justice Kavanaugh, Justice Barrett, Justice Bishop, and Justice Walsh and is as follows:

You joke, but I fixed it for you.
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #130 on: February 10, 2023, 01:43:32 PM »

ACLU LLC et al. v. STATE OF ALABAMA, et al.

No. 17–599. Argued April 1, 2031—Decided June 27, 2031

The opinion of the court is written by Justice Raichik and joined by Justice Thomas, Justice Kavanaugh, Justice Barrett, Justice Bishop, and Justice Walsh and is as follows:

You joke, but I fixed it for you.

Raichik, Bishop and Walsh are appointed by President DeSantis, who OSR continues to insist is moderate.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies