Daily Kos: Republicans now openly advocating mass murder of LGBTQ+ Americans
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 10:44:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Daily Kos: Republicans now openly advocating mass murder of LGBTQ+ Americans
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Author Topic: Daily Kos: Republicans now openly advocating mass murder of LGBTQ+ Americans  (Read 3501 times)
EastwoodS

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: February 08, 2023, 01:56:00 PM »

Really? I've seen with my own eyes how Republicans not only view Trans people but also gay people; 80% of the GOP still has no respect for marriage equality because they are too busy kissing "Jesus's" a*s. I think it is just shocking that you, being on conservacord, saw daily how the server referred to me as a groomer and pedophile, and how confederate 'scum of the earth' fascists on the cord referred to me as "buggard" a "degenerate" "godless" "f****t" "unnatural" just because I brought up real grievances with Christian culture that still dominates this society. How can you be so blinded to the obvious truth. Maybe you should be forced to wear a pride shirt for one week and walk around a high school, attend church services, attend Republican political rallies and see how you will be treated. you have no idea what you are talking about nor can you even begin to understand what it is like to be LGBTQ+ in this society, so kindly don't come on this thread gaslighting people into not believing and seeing the truth.

You and YH got into pretty terrible fights on there and both of you got infracted for them by the mods so please don’t relitigate that on here .

Also pretty much all the right wing posters on LGBT issues don’t even call themselves republicans so I’m not even sure what you are talking about . The majority of conservacord in server polls we did said they supported gay marriage as well

Not to mention we still have at least 1 trans poster in CCord and several gay/bi posters who clearly dont feel targeted. IIRC a lot of the flak Eastwoods got was after hed go on anti-Christian rants. Pretty sure yesterday on Atlas he even said any church that doesnt approve of the sex acts he engages in should lose its tax exempt status. Thats not exactly a way to get friends, and Im saying that as someone who was sad when Eastwoods left CCord.
Sex acts? you people are unreal. I said gay marriage and you are equating that to sex acts.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #51 on: February 08, 2023, 02:00:37 PM »

Really? I've seen with my own eyes how Republicans not only view Trans people but also gay people; 80% of the GOP still has no respect for marriage equality because they are too busy kissing "Jesus's" a*s. I think it is just shocking that you, being on conservacord, saw daily how the server referred to me as a groomer and pedophile, and how confederate 'scum of the earth' fascists on the cord referred to me as "buggard" a "degenerate" "godless" "f****t" "unnatural" just because I brought up real grievances with Christian culture that still dominates this society. How can you be so blinded to the obvious truth. Maybe you should be forced to wear a pride shirt for one week and walk around a high school, attend church services, attend Republican political rallies and see how you will be treated. you have no idea what you are talking about nor can you even begin to understand what it is like to be LGBTQ+ in this society, so kindly don't come on this thread gaslighting people into not believing and seeing the truth.

You and YH got into pretty terrible fights on there and both of you got infracted for them by the mods so please don’t relitigate that on here .

Also pretty much all the right wing posters on LGBT issues don’t even call themselves republicans so I’m not even sure what you are talking about . The majority of conservacord in server polls we did said they supported gay marriage as well

Not to mention we still have at least 1 trans poster in CCord and several gay/bi posters who clearly dont feel targeted. IIRC a lot of the flak Eastwoods got was after hed go on anti-Christian rants. Pretty sure yesterday on Atlas he even said any church that doesnt approve of the sex acts he engages in should lose its tax exempt status. Thats not exactly a way to get friends, and Im saying that as someone who was sad when Eastwoods left CCord.
Sex acts? you people are unreal. I said gay marriage and you are equating that to sex acts.

Here is your quote. This was in a thread about the Catholics firing a teacher for engaging in gay sex, not for getting gay married.

I’m so tired of this nonsense; Christians claim to be upset that the left is forcing their beliefs of tolerance and inclusion because it is the decent and humane thing to do yet here are the snowflake Christians firing decent and good human beings from their jobs for being born the way they are and the only excuse they can give is some cherry picked Bible verse for their rampant discrimination.
I say enough is enough, these degenerates can preach whatever nonsense they want but any church or business that discrinates like this should have any tax exemption revoked immediately. If you wanna spread hate and hypocrisy you will not be receiving federal help anymore. Grow the hell up.
And no, I don’t believe you should have  the freedom to teach hate and discrimination,  and frankly I am not sympathetic to your “religious” excuse to preach douchebagery.

Nothing in that thread or your response had anything to do with gay marriage.
EastwoodS

« Reply #52 on: February 08, 2023, 02:03:30 PM »

Here is your quote. This was in a thread about the Catholics firing a teacher for engaging in gay sex, not for getting gay married.

I’m so tired of this nonsense; Christians claim to be upset that the left is forcing their beliefs of tolerance and inclusion because it is the decent and humane thing to do yet here are the snowflake Christians firing decent and good human beings from their jobs for being born the way they are and the only excuse they can give is some cherry picked Bible verse for their rampant discrimination.
I say enough is enough, these degenerates can preach whatever nonsense they want but any church or business that discrinates like this should have any tax exemption revoked immediately. If you wanna spread hate and hypocrisy you will not be receiving federal help anymore. Grow the hell up.
And no, I don’t believe you should have  the freedom to teach hate and discrimination,  and frankly I am not sympathetic to your “religious” excuse to preach douchebagery.

Being born gay and having the right to marry because that is a human right you should have (gay or straight).. and anything less than that is discrimination and bigotry.
TheReckoning
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #53 on: February 08, 2023, 02:04:42 PM »

Being born gay and having the right to marry because that is a human right you should have (gay or straight).. and anything less than that is discrimination and bigotry.

Marriage isn’t a human right lmao
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #54 on: February 08, 2023, 02:04:48 PM »

I think we all know there won't be a literal national trans genocide or anything, but it is still extremely concerning to hear a popular politician from my state calling for mass executions for them and their supporters. I don't appreciate being lectured and downplayed by blue staters (who by the way would be joining me at the gallows under this plan) for having that concern, or for the outright denial from 1 of them that insitutonal anti-LGBT bigotry from Republicans has increased this decade, even when presented with the undeniable Texas example.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #55 on: February 08, 2023, 02:05:13 PM »

The fundamentalists have a lot more influence than a lot of people want to admit. When you have gender affirming care being banned in some states, parents of trans parents being accused of child abuse and gay and transgender people being called predators then you are setting up an environment that is dangerous to LGBTQ+ people. Maybe gas ovens aren't on the horizon, but that doesn't mean LGBTQ+ aren't being harmed by laws that overreach and nutcases who actually will resort to violence.

Ok, then we can have that discussion. But the problem with this article (and some on this site) is that it deliberately overstates its case. If you start the argument by taking the position that a gay genocide is imminent, you're setting yourself up for failure even on the most basic definitional levels. What's the point? Just point out what's happening right now and then argue why it's bad; don't try to convince me that a new Holocaust is coming because some people aren't comfortable with giving kids hormone therapy-- because that's not going to happen.

In politics you can never say never. All it takes us one election where an extremist can narrowly win and you have a potentially dangerous situation. That doesn't necessarily mean the government would round people up, but they can look the other way when it comes to violence against LGBTQ people and bring back things like the gay panic defense.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #56 on: February 08, 2023, 02:05:26 PM »

I think we all know there won't be a literal national trans genocide or anything,

Well, all of us except for Ferguson at least.

To deny that the killing of transgender people is the goal of many in the Republican Party is to either live in ignorance or to deliberately lie.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #57 on: February 08, 2023, 02:07:12 PM »

I post on dailykos at times. That diary they wrote is way over blown based on a couple of numbskulls.

I will say if you know which threads to stay in on DailyKos, they are more rationale than you'd think.
EastwoodS

« Reply #58 on: February 08, 2023, 02:07:22 PM »

Marriage isn’t a human right lmao
Gays should have the same rights as straight people in terms of marriage equality is what I mean stop looking for nuances in what I say to delegitimize me
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #59 on: February 08, 2023, 02:07:33 PM »

If anyone saw the real and true YH, I'm pretty sure anyone to the left of Mitt Romney would be absolutely horrified and enraged by his blatant and confident ego of horrific misogyny , racism, praising of gynocidal dictators, etc. etc. and them ( the chord) not identifying as Republican is frankly wayyyy besides the point. GOP or not, the right is well represented by the modern Republican party, they have a secure and healthy home there. And if you claim that the GOP actually supports gay marriage and equality (LMFAO f-ing lies) why don't you tell me why that is and what their motive is for supporting gay marriage. Are they A.) supporting gay marriage because it is no longer politically convenient for them to being ragging degenerate assholes or B.) They truly, from the bottom of their Jesus infested hearts believe that the most important element of marriage is two couples who love and are dedicated to each other through think and thin to raise a family that not only betters them but also positively impacts the community and all of Gods true words of love and acceptance-I hardly believe they support gay marriage out of the sincerity of their heart, frankly, I believe they are more closely "supporting" gay marriage for option A, and in that case, that's very disingenuous and tacky.

YH was infracted multiple times for stuff he has said so no the mods didn’t side with him on this stuff . YH also openly refuses to vote for many republicans too cause he views that his views aren’t respected in the GOP
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #60 on: February 08, 2023, 02:07:56 PM »

I think we all know there won't be a literal national trans genocide or anything,

Well, all of us except for Ferguson at least.

To deny that the killing of transgender people is the goal of many in the Republican Party is to either live in ignorance or to deliberately lie.

I don't think those statements are equivalent.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #61 on: February 08, 2023, 02:08:46 PM »

Just saying there are more posts on this thread than comments (14 at time of writing) on that diary.
EastwoodS

« Reply #62 on: February 08, 2023, 02:10:00 PM »

If anyone saw the real and true YH, I'm pretty sure anyone to the left of Mitt Romney would be absolutely horrified and enraged by his blatant and confident ego of horrific misogyny , racism, praising of gynocidal dictators, etc. etc. and them ( the chord) not identifying as Republican is frankly wayyyy besides the point. GOP or not, the right is well represented by the modern Republican party, they have a secure and healthy home there. And if you claim that the GOP actually supports gay marriage and equality (LMFAO f-ing lies) why don't you tell me why that is and what their motive is for supporting gay marriage. Are they A.) supporting gay marriage because it is no longer politically convenient for them to being ragging degenerate assholes or B.) They truly, from the bottom of their Jesus infested hearts believe that the most important element of marriage is two couples who love and are dedicated to each other through think and thin to raise a family that not only betters them but also positively impacts the community and all of Gods true words of love and acceptance-I hardly believe they support gay marriage out of the sincerity of their heart, frankly, I believe they are more closely "supporting" gay marriage for option A, and in that case, that's very disingenuous and tacky.

YH was infracted multiple times for stuff he has said so no the mods didn’t side with him on this stuff . YH also openly refuses to vote for many republicans too cause he views that his views aren’t respected in the GOP
Good, he deserves no representation in any way shape or form. All he needs is a mental evaluation so health experts can determine all that he needs is a comfy padded cell far far far away from decent human civilization.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #63 on: February 08, 2023, 02:11:58 PM »

The fundamentalists have a lot more influence than a lot of people want to admit. When you have gender affirming care being banned in some states, parents of trans parents being accused of child abuse and gay and transgender people being called predators then you are setting up an environment that is dangerous to LGBTQ+ people. Maybe gas ovens aren't on the horizon, but that doesn't mean LGBTQ+ aren't being harmed by laws that overreach and nutcases who actually will resort to violence.

Ok, then we can have that discussion. But the problem with this article (and some on this site) is that it deliberately overstates its case. If you start the argument by taking the position that a gay genocide is imminent, you're setting yourself up for failure even on the most basic definitional levels. What's the point? Just point out what's happening right now and then argue why it's bad; don't try to convince me that a new Holocaust is coming because some people aren't comfortable with giving kids hormone therapy-- because that's not going to happen.

In politics you can never say never. All it takes us one election where an extremist can narrowly win and you have a potentially dangerous situation. That doesn't necessarily mean the government would round people up, but they can look the other way when it comes to violence against LGBTQ people and bring back things like the gay panic defense.

You could easily say this about any scenario, ranging from political authoritarianism to unforeseeable stuff like Yellowstone erupting. In fact, this is the kind of argument that gun nuts make; someday the US might become a dictatorship, and therefore they need to stockpile AR-15s. Sure, anything could happen, and constant vigilance must be maintained to preserve freedom-- but that doesn't excuse fearmongering about extremely unlikely scenarios for the purposes of riling up the masses/clickbait.
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #64 on: February 08, 2023, 02:24:45 PM »

The amount of hatred being whipped up against trans people is dangerous and disturbing. The fact that actual talk of mass murder or genocide isn't mainstream doesn't change this.
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #65 on: February 08, 2023, 02:38:05 PM »

There are disturbing truths about not just the nature of Republicans, but that of Americans and humans in general, some of which I may be naive about (humans can be such cruel, hateful beasts).  However, believing “most Republicans want to exterminate the LGBTQ+ community” is not helpful to my mental health.  I’m a sort-of-gay guy in a red state; not obviously gay, but I stick out in other ways in the community.  Nonetheless, I don’t feel like I’m in much danger now.  We’ll see what the future holds, I guess.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #66 on: February 08, 2023, 02:39:07 PM »

Btw I just went back using discord search feature and nobody called lgbt people “groomers” and certainly not “pedos” .

If it happened , the mods infracted those posts so that shows you the cord does not support this type of rhetoric .
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #67 on: February 08, 2023, 02:47:24 PM »

It amuses me how Atlas has fearmongered for ages about Conservacord being a far-right echo chamber, while we allowed Eastwood to operate there and openly ridicule virtually all of our beliefs and only finally banned him for threatening physical violence to another user.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #68 on: February 08, 2023, 02:52:57 PM »

It amuses me how Atlas has fearmongered for ages about Conservacord being a far-right echo chamber, while we allowed Eastwood to operate there and openly ridicule virtually all of our beliefs and only finally banned him for threatening physical violence to another user.

No one is "fearmongering" about it, just laughing at how pathetic it is that you have your own separate place away from the rest of us (but still bring your drama from it here).
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #69 on: February 08, 2023, 02:54:32 PM »

No one is "fearmongering" about it, just laughing at how pathetic it is that you have your own separate place away from the rest of us (but still bring your drama from it here).

There are multiple atlas lib servers too(PragCord and PhilCord)
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #70 on: February 08, 2023, 02:56:34 PM »

You've told me several times and I've always said they're lame too. However nobody but you ever talks about them, so I don't think they have the same negative impact on the discourse here.
Old Man Willow
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #71 on: February 08, 2023, 02:59:25 PM »

Honestly who the most weird ass dynamic in politics today is how some of the most hostile figures to trans people come from the smug atheist community think guys like Bill Maher, Richard Dawkins, or Dule here. The weirdest part is they’ll condense to religious people for holding these anti scientific views but they themselves will advocate some of the most anti scientific stances on the trans/gender topic

Anyone questioning trans ideology is exiled from the scientific community, so this is a worthless argument.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #72 on: February 08, 2023, 03:21:59 PM »

And unlike them, we dont send threatening DMs over leaks.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #73 on: February 08, 2023, 03:30:22 PM »

Btw I just went back using discord search feature and nobody called lgbt people “groomers” and certainly not “pedos” .

If it happened , the mods infracted those posts so that shows you the cord does not support this type of rhetoric .

Many religious individuals , and conservatives in general, have always referred to LGBT+ people of having a much greater tendency of "molesting" their children.
Believing otherwise, is like you living in a bubble.
EastwoodS

« Reply #74 on: February 08, 2023, 03:44:12 PM »

awww, you poor little persecuted snowflake right winger you, things are just so unfair to you in a society that largely props up most of your insane religious beliefs sometimes by massive pluralities, how unfair life must be when someone asks hard questions and gives you challenging counterpoints-it's just too much:'(
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies