Scandal in the Wind 2023. George Santos gets Sashayed
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 06, 2024, 07:42:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Scandal in the Wind 2023. George Santos gets Sashayed
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 37
Author Topic: Scandal in the Wind 2023. George Santos gets Sashayed  (Read 38993 times)
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: December 22, 2022, 07:20:36 AM »

...in what possible universe was 'Devolder' ever a plausible name for a supposedly Ukrainian Jewish family? That ought to have been flagged up immediately.
Google says that Devolder is Dutch/Flemish in origin.
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #101 on: December 22, 2022, 08:05:21 AM »

I can not wait for her to spill the tea on him!
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #102 on: December 22, 2022, 09:15:15 AM »

OK yeah, at this point it's clear this man is just at the very least an incredible pathological liar. Not sure what the precedent is, but a normal person would just resign, but we know that's not going to happen. Is there anything leadership can really do though?
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -9.22

P P
« Reply #103 on: December 22, 2022, 09:53:44 AM »

I mean this is by definition impossible to prove one way or another.

Republicans used to do better:

cvparty
United States

« Reply #104 on: December 22, 2022, 10:07:22 AM »

next up: he’s not actually Latino
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #105 on: December 22, 2022, 10:14:02 AM »

I was going to make a joke about him lying about being gay but held back because I thought it was pushing the envelope too much. Lots of gay men have been married to women, but with as many lies as he has told it wouldn't be surprising if he lied about that too.

If it was for his indigenous features I'd question he is Latino.
Born to Slay. Forced to Work.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.78

« Reply #106 on: December 22, 2022, 10:56:54 AM »

Or he doesn’t even have American citizenship
coloradocowboi
United States

« Reply #107 on: December 22, 2022, 10:58:19 AM »

...in what possible universe was 'Devolder' ever a plausible name for a supposedly Ukrainian Jewish family? That ought to have been flagged up immediately.

Lots of white Brazilians in the coastal areas have Dutch ancestry because the Dutch occupied, iirc (feel free to correct me Brazilians) rio grande do Norte, sergipe, and pernambuco for a long time in the 17th century or 18th century. They were absorbed readily into the elite, and when I lived in SP a lot of Brazilians with certain racial sensibilities seemed to take pride in surnames exactly like this.

I met dozens of Jews ofc too, most of whom were haredim.

I knew from the get go he wasn’t Jewish
SInNYC

« Reply #108 on: December 22, 2022, 11:26:19 AM »

His mother's first name was Fatima, which is Arabic. I'm not aware of Jewish Fatimas though I suppose its possible given some inter-religion commonality between middle eastern names. But her parents were the very Christian sounding names Paul and Rosalina.
kyc0705

« Reply #109 on: December 22, 2022, 11:42:26 AM »

Every day we get to open up another story about George Santos. This is like a surreal advent calendar.
Gracile
gracile
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -7.65

« Reply #110 on: December 22, 2022, 11:48:18 AM »

I would be interested in seeing the inevitable documentary about this guy's life when it gets released after uncovering more information.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #111 on: December 22, 2022, 12:19:40 PM »

His mother's first name was Fatima, which is Arabic. I'm not aware of Jewish Fatimas though I suppose its possible given some inter-religion commonality between middle eastern names. But her parents were the very Christian sounding names Paul and Rosalina.

Many Fatimas in the West are Spanish/Portuguese. The name held on in Iberia long after the Muslims left.
coloradocowboi
United States

« Reply #112 on: December 22, 2022, 12:27:15 PM »

Many Fatimas in the West are Spanish/Portuguese. The name held on in Iberia long after the Muslims left.

It became even more popular in lusophone countries after the Miracle at Fátima in 1917. More evidence he’s probably a Catholic though lol
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #113 on: December 22, 2022, 12:28:27 PM »

FATIMA?!?! This is incredible. Amazing stuff. How did no one...?!!?

You only need to look at it (better: said it out loud) to see that it's extremely, extremely Flemish.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #114 on: December 22, 2022, 01:32:23 PM »

Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #115 on: December 22, 2022, 01:57:51 PM »

Ehhhhh a lot of gay people were married while in the closet.
kwabbit

« Reply #116 on: December 22, 2022, 02:01:06 PM »

Lots of white Brazilians in the coastal areas have Dutch ancestry because the Dutch occupied, iirc (feel free to correct me Brazilians) rio grande do Norte, sergipe, and pernambuco for a long time in the 17th century or 18th century. They were absorbed readily into the elite, and when I lived in SP a lot of Brazilians with certain racial sensibilities seemed to take pride in surnames exactly like this.

I met dozens of Jews ofc too, most of whom were haredim.

I knew from the get go he wasn’t Jewish

He isn’t Jewish, that’s been confirmed. However, his family did actually live in Belgium prior to immigrating to Brazil, so that’s where Devolder came from. Unless his ancestors were actually Jewish but then converted in Brazil. His immediate ancestors are very Catholic.
kyc0705

« Reply #117 on: December 22, 2022, 02:01:29 PM »

Sure, but the article quotes him saying this as recently as October:

I am openly gay, have never had an issue with my sexual identity in the past decade.

Which would certainly seem to suggest that he came out a long time ago, and makes this marriage seem pretty mysterious, considering he's never once mentioned it.
patzer
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -3.48

« Reply #118 on: December 22, 2022, 02:38:48 PM »

I’ll be very interested in seeing if his wife’s story comes out. There’s a nonzero chance they’re still together and only divorced to keep up the appearance of being gay...
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #119 on: December 22, 2022, 02:58:29 PM »

I’ll be very interested in seeing if his wife’s story comes out. There’s a nonzero chance they’re still together and only divorced to keep up the appearance of being gay...

This is starting to sound like a soap opera!
Aurelius
Cody
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.35, S: 0.35

P P
« Reply #120 on: December 22, 2022, 03:35:52 PM »

Next we'll find out he had plastic surgery to look more pardo.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #121 on: December 22, 2022, 03:47:42 PM »

There is no record of him being married to his alleged husband and nobody can find the husband's last name. Some gay people do say they are married without it being official, but that's less typical now that gay marriage is legal. There are a few pictures of him with the guy that is supposed to be his husband (Matt) on Instagram. The energy doesn't give couple, but that sort of thing can be subjective.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #122 on: December 22, 2022, 03:59:24 PM »

It became even more popular in lusophone countries after the Miracle at Fátima in 1917. More evidence he’s probably a Catholic though lol

And there are many Arab Christians in Brazil (and Latin America more generally). Michel Temer, Fernando Haddad…
GM Team Member and Deputy PPT WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #123 on: December 22, 2022, 04:00:38 PM »

What sort of horrible opposition research did the dems do with this guy?
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #124 on: December 22, 2022, 04:19:23 PM »

The New York Attorney General’s Office said it is “looking into a number of issues" surrounding Congressman-elect George Santos, who was the subject of a bombshell New York Times investigation that questions whether the incoming Republican lawmaker fabricated much of his biography, including his education, work history and financial dealings.

The office, however, did not confirm whether it had opened an official investigation into Santos and declined to comment further on the matter.

https://www.nbcnews.com/nbc-out/out-politics-and-policy/ny-attorney-generals-office-looking-allegations-george-santos-rcna62957
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 37  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies