Ted Cruz harasses DC preschool teacher for being pregnant
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 11:48:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Ted Cruz harasses DC preschool teacher for being pregnant
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8
Author Topic: Ted Cruz harasses DC preschool teacher for being pregnant  (Read 5457 times)
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: October 22, 2022, 07:43:44 PM »

Is there any relationship between the two? Well, the overwhelming majority of people are cisgender and do not experience gender dysphoria, so there can be a relationship, but that's not necessarily the case for everyone.

How is it "not the case for everyone?" Doesn't someone who identifies as the "female gender" also want their physical body to conform to the "female sex?" How could the two not be related?
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #126 on: October 22, 2022, 08:17:47 PM »

The insinuation that men can have babies is false and has no place in preschool.  Indeed, any discussion of the trans issue whatsoever has no place in preschool.  
So, what, should the teacher be fired? Should he have to lie about his pregnancy?

It's not a topic for preschool.  And, yes, preschool teachers are rightly limited as to the topics they speak about, given the age of the children.  This is not a topic that preschool children need to address in a preschool setting.

These are preschool children, not little adults.
That doesn't answer my question. Should this teacher be fired for being transgender (and thus warping their little four-year-old brains) or not?

Not for "just being trans".  That doesn't mean that the person gets to say whatever they wish to say or share whatever they wish to share.  If they provide TMI and get fired, my advise to such a person is to learn some self-control on your next job.

And, just to be clear, preschools should not be teaching "gender-fluidity".  There are boys and there are girls when you are that age.  The interest of the children come before the interest of preschool employees, period.  If that's hard on the trans person, so be it.

Is it "TMI" for a cis woman to say that she's pregnant?

Also, openly non-binary people are increasingly becoming a large part of society. Soon it will be impossible for children of any age to not know of their existence.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #127 on: October 22, 2022, 08:24:35 PM »

The insinuation that men can have babies is false and has no place in preschool.  Indeed, any discussion of the trans issue whatsoever has no place in preschool.  
So, what, should the teacher be fired? Should he have to lie about his pregnancy?

It's not a topic for preschool.  And, yes, preschool teachers are rightly limited as to the topics they speak about, given the age of the children.  This is not a topic that preschool children need to address in a preschool setting.

That doesn't answer my question. Should this teacher be fired for being transgender (and thus warping their little four-year-old brains) or not?

Not for "just being trans".  That doesn't mean that the person gets to say whatever they wish to say or share whatever they wish to share.  If they provide TMI and get fired, my advise to such a person is to learn some self-control on your next job.

And, just to be clear, preschools should not be teaching "gender-fluidity".  There are boys and there are girls when you are that age.  The interest of the children come before the interest of preschool employees, period.  If that's hard on the trans person, so be it.

What are you talking about "TMI" and "not a topic for preschool"? FFS you're acting like that they're boasting about their kinks or sex life.

Do you think a trans teacher just saying that they're pregnant is TMI?

And do not lie and say that you would say the same thing to a cis woman teacher. Don't even bother because we know it's a lie. Nobody thinks it's inappropriate for a visibly pregnant woman to tell her students she's going to have a baby, including you.

Like holy wow, it's actually incredible how quickly you guys went from "don't teach sex-ed to 3rd graders" to "BAN TRANS PEOPLE FROM BEING TEACHERs!!!!!" It's completely insane.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #128 on: October 22, 2022, 08:27:54 PM »

The insinuation that men can have babies is false and has no place in preschool.  Indeed, any discussion of the trans issue whatsoever has no place in preschool. 

It's not a topic for preschool.  And, yes, preschool teachers are rightly limited as to the topics they speak about, given the age of the children.  This is not a topic that preschool children need to address in a preschool setting.

Should army veterans with amputations be allowed to work with young children? It might lead kids to be confused and ask questions that might distress them (is war bad? is my country the good guys or the bad guys?).

That isn't rhetorical. I'm asking you.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #129 on: October 22, 2022, 08:34:14 PM »

The insinuation that men can have babies is false and has no place in preschool.  Indeed, any discussion of the trans issue whatsoever has no place in preschool. 

It's not a topic for preschool.  And, yes, preschool teachers are rightly limited as to the topics they speak about, given the age of the children.  This is not a topic that preschool children need to address in a preschool setting.

Should army veterans with amputations be allowed to work with young children? It might lead kids to be confused and ask questions that might distress them (is war bad? is my country the good guys or the bad guys?).

I mean... surely there are some physical deformities that would render someone unable to reasonably teach kids, right? You wouldn't let Freddy Krueger teach kindergarten, would you?
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #130 on: October 22, 2022, 08:40:59 PM »

You wouldn't let Freddy Krueger teach kindergarten, would you?

Surely the fact that he's a serial killer is a bigger issue than anything else? Tongue
Fuzzy Bear Loves Christian Missionaries
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #131 on: October 22, 2022, 08:41:07 PM »

Is it "TMI" for a cis woman to say that she's pregnant?

Also, openly non-binary people are increasingly becoming a large part of society. Soon it will be impossible for children of any age to not know of their existence.

No, but the fact is that the pregnant trans man IS a woman.  That's not "misgendering"; it's a fact.  Females, and ONLY Females (biologically speaking) give birth, period.  Science may one day accomplish this, but it hasn't done so yet.

The issue here is that the KIDS come first.  They come BEFORE the adults.  This sort of thing is not something that preschoolers are not equipped to deal with.  
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #132 on: October 22, 2022, 08:43:23 PM »

This sort of thing is not something that preschoolers are not equipped to deal with.  

This is a lie that right wingers tell each other and themselves. There's no evidence that this is true for 99.9% of kids (at minimum, probably a higher percent).
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #133 on: October 22, 2022, 08:46:36 PM »

No, but the fact is that the pregnant trans man IS a woman.  That's not "misgendering"; it's a fact.  Females, and ONLY Females (biologically speaking) give birth, period.  Science may one day accomplish this, but it hasn't done so yet.

OH MY GOD STOP RESPONDING TO ARGUMENTS THAT NOBODY IS MAKING

Why should anyone take you seriously if you keep doing this?

The issue here is that the KIDS come first.  They come BEFORE the adults.  This sort of thing is not something that preschoolers are not equipped to deal with.

If you want people to stop thinking that you're a transphobe, then you should probably stop saying stuff like that they shouldn't be allowed to be around children.

You are presenting a false dilemma. There is zero conflict between the well-being of children and the liberties of transgender people.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #134 on: October 22, 2022, 09:07:24 PM »

I mean... surely there are some physical deformities that would render someone unable to reasonably teach kids, right? You wouldn't let Freddy Krueger teach kindergarten, would you?

What Dule said, up to the Freddy Krueger part.

Seeing catastrophically injured veterans (for example) can be upsetting to small children, as can some people with serious deformities.  It's not the job of small children to adjust; it's the job of preschools to provide a secure and emotionally comfortable environment.

T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #135 on: October 22, 2022, 09:09:33 PM »

OH MY GOD STOP RESPONDING TO ARGUMENTS THAT NOBODY IS MAKING

Why should anyone take you seriously if you keep doing this?

If they can't win a debate fairly, they'll find other ways to "win".
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #136 on: October 22, 2022, 09:12:17 PM »

Seeing catastrophically injured veterans (for example) can be upsetting to small children, as can some people with serious deformities.  It's not the job of small children to adjust; it's the job of preschools to provide a secure and emotionally comfortable environment.

Alright so by my count, we've got two Civil Rights Act of 1964 violations, an American With Disabilities Act violation... are you sure you don't want to cover anything else? Why not throw Catholics or immigrants into the mix as well?
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #137 on: October 22, 2022, 09:15:24 PM »

Freddy Krueger was a fictional character, I believe.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #138 on: October 22, 2022, 09:16:47 PM »

Kids don't need safe spaces from trans people though, that's the thing. Kids are fine with it. It's right wing parents who insist that kids need safe spaces from trans people despite no real evidence of that.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #139 on: October 22, 2022, 09:18:56 PM »

No he was a real man who suffered from severe burns
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #140 on: October 22, 2022, 09:49:24 PM »

Alright so by my count, we've got two Civil Rights Act of 1964 violations, an American With Disabilities Act violation... are you sure you don't want to cover anything else? Why not throw Catholics or immigrants into the mix as well?

Most preschools don't hire male teachers, period, due to concerns over hiring a child molester.  They may not say that, but it's a fact in the industry.  94 percent of preschool teachers are females. 

The Catholics and Immigrants line was a cheap shot, but it's to be expected from you. 

Who works in preschools should be chosen with the interests of CHILDREN in mind.  This preschool has subordinated the interests of children to the interests of one teacher and the adults that appear to value a good rep in Woke circles.  "Men can get pregnant!" is a false statement, period.  Injecting that into a preschool in any form is confusing to children at the age of preschool students.  It's a falsehood told to kids for the benefit of an adult.  If the condition of children is not what it ought to be, it's because we have flipped the paradigm to where we, as a society, have placed the interests of adults over the interests of children over and over again.

jojoju1998
1970vu
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #141 on: October 22, 2022, 10:19:07 PM »

Most preschools don't hire male teachers, period, due to concerns over hiring a child molester.  They may not say that, but it's a fact in the industry.  94 percent of preschool teachers are females. 

The Catholics and Immigrants line was a cheap shot, but it's to be expected from you. 

Who works in preschools should be chosen with the interests of CHILDREN in mind.  This preschool has subordinated the interests of children to the interests of one teacher and the adults that appear to value a good rep in Woke circles.  "Men can get pregnant!" is a false statement, period.  Injecting that into a preschool in any form is confusing to children at the age of preschool students.  It's a falsehood told to kids for the benefit of an adult.  If the condition of children is not what it ought to be, it's because we have flipped the paradigm to where we, as a society, have placed the interests of adults over the interests of children over and over again.

Just like to add; that it's rare to have Male Elementary School teachers period. Although; there's been more effort to hire male primary school teachers.
citizenZ
citizenq
United States

« Reply #142 on: October 22, 2022, 10:40:03 PM »

People are trans or they're not. There's no such thing as someone being trans because they were "encouraged" to be so.

Yes, there is. If teachers, who act as role models for children, encourage and celebrate children who identify as trans, other children will feel left out. It's positive reinforcement of a specific behavior. Every kid wants to feel special.

And that's what your side used to say about gays before most of you realized how silly it was.

Being gay is a a sexual orientation. Being trans and saying that a man can be a woman is a misrepresentation of biology. Two totally different things, but this is what your side does when they realize they can't win the argument they're currently involved in.

You guys keep responding to arguments that we’re not even making. It’s pathetic.

Learn the difference between sex and gender. Get it through your head.

I believe there are men and women. Some men say they're women. Some women say they're men. They might get surgery, cut their hair, have injections of chemicals, but you'll never truly change you're biological nature at birth.

That's my take and I'm sure it's pretty mainstream with the general public.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #143 on: October 22, 2022, 11:15:20 PM »

No he was a real man who suffered from severe burns

I bet he deserved it.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #144 on: October 22, 2022, 11:19:43 PM »

Freddy Krueger is not real and not based on or inspired by a burn victim.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #145 on: October 22, 2022, 11:45:04 PM »

"Men can get pregnant!" is a false statement, period.  Injecting that into a preschool in any form is confusing to children at the age of preschool students.  It's a falsehood told to kids for the benefit of an adult. 

He's literally pregnant though. He likely has ultrasounds to prove it and will have a baby to prove it in a few months. Stating that these children's teacher isn't pregnant is literally a falsehood.
jojoju1998
1970vu
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #146 on: October 22, 2022, 11:54:08 PM »

Anyway; All this just shows that Republicans are the ones who are obsssed about these things. Not the Democrats.
No War, but the War on Christmas
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #147 on: October 23, 2022, 08:35:01 AM »

Oh by the way, here's another account of an elected Republican politician harassing an LGBTQ person for the crime of existing.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #148 on: October 23, 2022, 12:03:30 PM »

Anyway; All this just shows that Republicans are the ones who are obsssed about these things. Not the Democrats.

If by "obsessed" you mean that we are unalterably opposed to discussions of sexual orientation, gender fluidity, pronouns, etc. with children in elementary school and below, then count me "obsessed".  If by "obsessed", you mean that we are unalterably opposed to schoolteachers counseling students on "gender identity" issues without parental consent, then count me "obsessed"  If by "obsessed", you mean opposition to trans women (who are biological males) in sporting events for biological females, then count me "obsessed".  If you believe that I am obsessed in my opposition to allowing minors undergo "gender affirming care" without parental consent, then count me "obsessed".

Republicans are rightly concerned with proposals and ideas that undermine the ability of parents to be the arbiters of their children's best interest.  Personally, I view the idea that a child can "choose" if they are a boy or a girl (or some new category of gender that, quite frankly, I do not acknowledge as valid) as not just ridiculous, but damaging to children.  And, at a minimum, I do not believe for a minute that a teenager is capable of weighing the risks and benefits to "gender affirming care" for any number of reasons, one of which is their relative inability (compared to adults) to see issues in a longer range timeframe.  And we'll stay concerned with this until the insane ideas on this subject go away.  Meanwhile, if we are going to bear the responsibilities of parenthood, we are going to not be deposed as the arbiters of our children's best interests by the forces that attempt to do so.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #149 on: October 23, 2022, 02:15:04 PM »

If by "obsessed" you mean that we are unalterably opposed to discussions of sexual orientation, gender fluidity, pronouns, etc. with children in elementary school and below, then count me "obsessed".  If by "obsessed", you mean that we are unalterably opposed to schoolteachers counseling students on "gender identity" issues without parental consent, then count me "obsessed"  If by "obsessed", you mean opposition to trans women (who are biological males) in sporting events for biological females, then count me "obsessed".  If you believe that I am obsessed in my opposition to allowing minors undergo "gender affirming care" without parental consent, then count me "obsessed".

This teacher isn't trying to talk about gender identity with the kids and likely hasn't before. This teacher is in a situation where kids will basically force a conversation about gender identity on the teacher, no matter what. So what does the school and teacher do? Keep it simple and brief and then move on from it. I don't see why you would object to that handling of the issue.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies