Ted Cruz harasses DC preschool teacher for being pregnant
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 09:37:47 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Ted Cruz harasses DC preschool teacher for being pregnant
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8
Author Topic: Ted Cruz harasses DC preschool teacher for being pregnant  (Read 5470 times)
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: October 21, 2022, 01:50:18 PM »

This school is acting as conservative-friendly and non-political as possible without not allowing trans teachers who can get pregnant or forcing the teacher to lie about their pregnancy in the present AND the future. It's literally as non-ridiculous as reasonably possible.
They can fire the teacher.

I said "as non-ridiculous as REASONABLY possible". Firing a trans teacher for being trans to satiate bigoted Republican snowflakes isn't even in the same galaxy as "reasonable".
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #76 on: October 21, 2022, 02:09:13 PM »

Can you imagine being this teacher? Being attacked for who you are by a US Senator like this and having people like shua condone it?
The school is being ridiculed for being ridiculous.

This school is acting as conservative-friendly and non-political as possible without not allowing trans teachers who can get pregnant or forcing the teacher to lie about their pregnancy in the present AND the future. It's literally as non-ridiculous as reasonably possible.

"some boys have bodies that can have babies"
"my grown-ups made a guess that I was a girl" (they guessed wrong)

These are not things teachers should be confusing preschoolers with but it's now considered good and normal in our educational culture. It's perfectly fine to publicly criticize it without sharing the name of the school or the teacher.

Is it your position that transgender people should be banned from being preschool teachers altogether?

Still waiting for an answer on this.

Do you think that trans people should be banned from being preschool teachers?

Yes.

Conservatives hate American values (see: the Civil Rights Act) exhibit #92837.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #77 on: October 21, 2022, 03:44:22 PM »

You're an evil piece of garbage.

What possible justification could you have for believing this?

Many, many people in this country are simply evil and hateful.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #78 on: October 21, 2022, 03:48:19 PM »

Many, many people in this country are simply evil and hateful.

They usually are the same people obsessed with freedom and rights... like, for example, the right for a trans person to work in the career field that they want to work in, or the right for a privately run business / preschool to decide whether or not to operate in a way that doesn't f__k over trans people.
Thank you for being a friend...
progressive85
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #79 on: October 21, 2022, 03:55:00 PM »

What a great priority for a Senator from a great state like Texas - hysterical attacks against 0.5% of the population on social media.  Ted got too close to the sun in Cancun.

The anti-trans movement is getting louder and more obsessive than the trans movement could ever become.

It's almost as if they've forgotten about all the homosexuals they don't like.
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #80 on: October 21, 2022, 04:54:32 PM »

3.Except it doesn't quack like a duck, because calling yourself a woman does not give you a womb and xx chromsones.
But humans don't use their reproductive organs and chromosomes in daily life, do they? So a woman without a womb or XX chromosomes could very well function as a woman in daily life, thereby making her quack like a duck.

Tree: Used to create woman chair

Corn: used to create candy

Man and woman: two separate categories
What's the difference?

Yeah. You know what was also a radical minority belief 150 years ago? The idea that setting children on fire is a good thing. Some uncommon beliefs are good. Some are bad. Transvestitism being unpopular 150 years ago does not make it right, just as setting children on fire being unpopular 150 years ago does not make that idea right either.
You're seriously comparing trans people being allowed to live to setting children on fire? Now who sounds insane?

Anyway, I wasn't talking about "transvestitism" being unpopular 150 years ago. I was talking about women having the right to vote being unpopular 150 years ago. The idea that trans people deserve to live, in 2172, will be viewed closer to how women having the right to vote is viewed now rather than how setting children on fire is viewed now. Trans people existing and women voting don't hurt people, setting children on fire does.

And you never answered my question: Why is transitioning immoral, besides the obvious "I don't ing care, I just think it's gross!"?
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #81 on: October 21, 2022, 07:20:41 PM »

It is not ridiculous to recognize the biological fact that men cannot get pregnant, or harassment to condemn the spread of an ideology that denies that fact in our nations elite institutions.

If we accept that the person who is permanent is 'biologically female'...he is still harassing a 'pregnant woman'

Should this 'pregnant woman' be both harassed and considered unsuitable to teach because they are pregnant?

Except that he's not harassing her.
What’s he doing then? What do you think Ted Cruz’s goal is here? And what do you imagine happens to private citizens  who get attacked by Ted Cruz on twitter? Do you imagine their lives get better or worse?

I think his goal is to draw attention to the prevalence of these beliefs in elite circles, and to boost his own profile. I don't imagine much of anything happens to an unnamed citizen criticized by Ted Cruz on Twitter, especially one who works for a liberal preschool in DC. I also wouldn't even really describe this as a criticism of said citizen, so much as the school for indoctrinating kids with these beliefs/exposing them to this fetish in its classrooms.

He's doing this because issues like "pregnant men" are the only things that the GOP is certain to win on. Anything else requires effort or persuasion on their part, but this is an easy win.

Republicans will certainly win in that because "the rights of pregnant men" is a ridiculous thing to campaign on, and it's focused on primarily by white liberals who have nothing better to do than find something to be upset about.

Other things Republicans will win in that require no effort:

- Inflation
- Crime
- The Southern Border

Democrats gave us the majority like they were playing a game of hot potato.

This isn't a political campaign. It's a letter from a preschool to parents. The fact that it's a private school in DC is irrelevant; this could have happened at any school in the country that has a trans employee.
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #82 on: October 21, 2022, 09:55:15 PM »

Can you imagine being this teacher? Being attacked for who you are by a US Senator like this and having people like shua condone it?
The school is being ridiculed for being ridiculous.

These are not things teachers should be confusing preschoolers with but it's now considered good and normal in our educational culture. It's perfectly fine to publicly criticize it without sharing the name of the school or the teacher.

Is it your position that transgender people should be banned from being preschool teachers altogether?

Yes.

Full mask-off moment.

Mods, don't delete. We need more honesty on this forum about the moral trash that uses this site.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #83 on: October 21, 2022, 10:36:33 PM »

In short, Cruz's response isn't that unusual in 2022.  He shouldn't have made it, obviously, it give his enemies yet another "look at this douchebag" moment and more importantly, who the hell cares?  Of the few people still on the fence about Cruz, this isn't going to change their mind one way or the other, the pregnant man is not hurt, this is a non-story.

As others have said, Cruz singling out this private citizen for culture war / trans stuff is an open invitation for right winger twitter warriors to harass the teacher. That isn't appropriate for a senator or anything approaching presidential behaviour.

an open invitation to harass an anonymous teacher at an unnamed school.

should be easy to find; how many preschools in DC could there be?

- "Manatee families" ---> Manatee probably in the school name
-  preschool has a pregnant trans man teacher
- preschool is in Washington, D.C.

Yeah, I'm sure it's really hard to narrow down...

Brain fart or bad faith? Brain fart is at least excusable. Happens to me all the time.

Manatee seems to be some sort of an informal school mascot.   I doubt that would be enough by itself to identify a preschool for people who aren't already familiar with it, but maybe.

But is there some database of the pregnancy and/or gender identity status of preschool teachers that you are aware of?
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #84 on: October 21, 2022, 10:43:55 PM »

He's already said he's OK with them working there as long as they're not "spreading BS" i.e. being openly trans in any way.

My main concern is that kids not have to grow up encouraged to question whether they are really a boy or a girl. They have enough to figure out already without that burden placed on them as well.   

I don't want to exclude trans people, who may have a lot to offer as individuals, but I have to admit exactly how to reconcile this in the current culture I don't know.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #85 on: October 21, 2022, 11:05:28 PM »
« Edited: October 21, 2022, 11:11:01 PM by Ferguson97 »

My main concern is that kids not have to grow up encouraged to question whether they are really a boy or a girl. They have enough to figure out already without that burden placed on them as well.  

I don't want to exclude trans people, who may have a lot to offer as individuals, but I have to admit exactly how to reconcile this in the current culture I don't know.

That's not a valid concern for multiple reasons.

You can't hide the existence of transgender people from children forever. If not a teacher, then it may be a neighbor. Are you also going to suggest that transgender people be forbidden from living in the same apartment buildings as children? What about pediatricians? Should transgender people be prohibited from that profession as well? What about police officers? Surely a child may have to interact with a police officer at some point. Is having to explain to a child that Officer Dave is now called Officer Diane such an incomprehensible terror to you? It might be easier if you tell us the list of professions that transgender people are allowed to have. Because god forbid that a child see them.

And there are many "burdens" that a child may have to face. They may first learn what death is through the death of a teacher. Should we ban the elderly or obese from becoming teachers, since they're more likely to die? What about a teacher who survives a house fire? Her burns may give the children a fright, should she be fired for this?

To suggest that the mere presence of a transgender person around a child inherently poses a threat to that child's mental/emotional development is ridiculously transphobic. This is how accusations of "grooming" begin, and why so many liberals were calling this line of thinking out way back in the beginning of the year. We knew that it would come to this. We were called crazy for suggesting that conservatives want to ban LGBT teachers. But now here we are, with one blue avatar explicitly saying that this is what they want to do, whereas you're on the fence.

It also completely misunderstands gender dysphoria. Most cisgender people implicitly understand that their biological sex matches their gender. It's not something that they even think about. If you ask a transgender person when they knew, while many of them didn't discover until adulthood, a lot of them will say that they've known this since they were young kids. So to suggest that merely being exposed to the presence of a trans person is going to cause each and every kid to contemplate their own gender identity is just unfounded.

Not to mention that it would be completely and unquestionably unconstitutional to ban someone from a job in the public sector because of their gender identity. If you want to ban trans people from getting jobs as teachers, you're going to have to allow sex discrimination altogether. And is that really a can of worms that you want to open?

What your suggesting would make an entire group of people second class citizens.

It's disgusting.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #86 on: October 21, 2022, 11:08:17 PM »

I don't think there's a realistic solution for this. It would be nice if kids had less to be burdened with, I agree. I just don't see a practical way to do that which also respects trans rights. It's basically impossible to do with gayness, so I don't see how gender identity could be done differently.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #87 on: October 22, 2022, 09:44:53 AM »

People are trans or they're not. There's no such thing as someone being trans because they were "encouraged" to be so.

It's literally the same arguments against LGB people from 15 years ago recycled.
Waldo

« Reply #88 on: October 22, 2022, 10:11:01 AM »

People are trans or they're not. There's no such thing as someone being trans because they were "encouraged" to be so.

Yes, there is. If teachers, who act as role models for children, encourage and celebrate children who identify as trans, other children will feel left out. It's positive reinforcement of a specific behavior. Every kid wants to feel special.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #89 on: October 22, 2022, 10:17:15 AM »

Yes, there is. If teachers, who act as role models for children, encourage and celebrate children who identify as trans, other children will feel left out. It's positive reinforcement of a specific behavior. Every kid wants to feel special.

And that's what your side used to say about gays before most of you realized how silly it was.
Waldo

« Reply #90 on: October 22, 2022, 11:31:30 AM »

And that's what your side used to say about gays before most of you realized how silly it was.

Being gay is a a sexual orientation. Being trans and saying that a man can be a woman is a misrepresentation of biology. Two totally different things, but this is what your side does when they realize they can't win the argument they're currently involved in.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #91 on: October 22, 2022, 11:37:59 AM »

Being gay is a a sexual orientation. Being trans and saying that a man can be a woman is a misrepresentation of biology. Two totally different things, but this is what your side does when they realize they can't win the argument they're currently involved in.

You guys keep responding to arguments that we’re not even making. It’s pathetic.

Learn the difference between sex and gender. Get it through your head.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #92 on: October 22, 2022, 11:59:16 AM »

I’ll be happy to learn this distinction as soon as you guys can agree on one.
Waldo

« Reply #93 on: October 22, 2022, 12:13:41 PM »

You guys keep responding to arguments that we’re not even making. It’s pathetic.

Oh, now I get it! You're so right. Now I completely understand why young teenagers with vaginas need to share locker rooms with young people with penises. I makes sense now that if you're born with a vagina, you should abandon all dreams of being proficient in sports because people born with penises are exactly the same, and any metrics stating that they're naturally stronger and faster no longer matter.
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #94 on: October 22, 2022, 12:15:19 PM »

Being trans and saying that a man can be a woman is a misrepresentation of biology.
And yet, here I am, living day in and day out as a woman, despite my male genitalia and chromosomes. Maybe biology isn't always the most important thing?
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #95 on: October 22, 2022, 12:43:24 PM »

It's literally the same arguments against LGB people from 15 years ago recycled.

How does this work that social influences play no role, unlike everything else in human life?
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #96 on: October 22, 2022, 01:13:37 PM »

The only argument my side has ever lost against yours is capital punishment. We are currently winning the trans argument and by the end of this decade will have clearly won it like we did with all the rest of them.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #97 on: October 22, 2022, 01:16:30 PM »

How does this work that social influences play no role, unlike everything else in human life?

What, lots of things are predetermined by nature and genetics. "Everything else" ... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #98 on: October 22, 2022, 01:22:27 PM »

I’ll be happy to learn this distinction as soon as you guys can agree on one.

Who is "you guys"? Who must come to an agreement? Every left-of-center person in the country? We've had this discussion before, but you're smart enough to know how ridiculous of a standard this is.

Oh, now I get it! You're so right. Now I completely understand why young teenagers with vaginas need to share locker rooms with young people with penises.

Trans people are not sexual predators. Stop spreading this myth.

I makes sense now that if you're born with a vagina, you should abandon all dreams of being proficient in sports because people born with penises are exactly the same, and any metrics stating that they're naturally stronger and faster no longer matter.

Remember when Utah tried to ban trans girls from playing in girl's sports and it was literally just one girl in the entire state? You guys keep acting like this is just some insane epidemic destroying thousands of girls lives. And even if it were a happening more often, it would not be unjust like you're suggesting. To say that a trans woman is "stealing" a cis woman's spot is deeply wrong because it suggests that cis women should be given priority over trans women, and reiterates the transphobic belief that trans women are not "real women".
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #99 on: October 22, 2022, 01:26:40 PM »

Oh, now I get it! You're so right. Now I completely understand why young teenagers with vaginas need to share locker rooms with young people with penises.

Trans people are not sexual predators. Stop spreading this myth.

Also in the 2020s most schools don't do the classic locker room setup with everyone getting naked in a common area anymore, making it a moot point.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies