Ted Cruz harasses DC preschool teacher for being pregnant
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 30, 2024, 01:34:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Ted Cruz harasses DC preschool teacher for being pregnant
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8
Author Topic: Ted Cruz harasses DC preschool teacher for being pregnant  (Read 5479 times)
jojoju1998
1970vu
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: October 23, 2022, 04:47:40 PM »

Anyway; All this just shows that Republicans are the ones who are obsssed about these things. Not the Democrats.

If by "obsessed" you mean that we are unalterably opposed to discussions of sexual orientation, gender fluidity, pronouns, etc. with children in elementary school and below, then count me "obsessed".  If by "obsessed", you mean that we are unalterably opposed to schoolteachers counseling students on "gender identity" issues without parental consent, then count me "obsessed"  If by "obsessed", you mean opposition to trans women (who are biological males) in sporting events for biological females, then count me "obsessed".  If you believe that I am obsessed in my opposition to allowing minors undergo "gender affirming care" without parental consent, then count me "obsessed".

Republicans are rightly concerned with proposals and ideas that undermine the ability of parents to be the arbiters of their children's best interest.  Personally, I view the idea that a child can "choose" if they are a boy or a girl (or some new category of gender that, quite frankly, I do not acknowledge as valid) as not just ridiculous, but damaging to children.  And, at a minimum, I do not believe for a minute that a teenager is capable of weighing the risks and benefits to "gender affirming care" for any number of reasons, one of which is their relative inability (compared to adults) to see issues in a longer range timeframe.  And we'll stay concerned with this until the insane ideas on this subject go away.  Meanwhile, if we are going to bear the responsibilities of parenthood, we are going to not be deposed as the arbiters of our children's best interests by the forces that attempt to do so.

You are a danger to my family and I will treat you as such. Your rhetoric is terrifying, and will eventually lead to the point where you physically attack a transgender person (or a person that you believe to be transgender). You are a dangerous man and I fully believe that you will hurt somebody.

You've already scared your granddaughter back into the closet. I am deeply afraid of you what might do if your son or another one of your children/grandchildren comes out as transgender. I pray for their safety. 

10 years ago, it would have been Gay marriage. 30 years ago, it would have been the welfare queens. 60 years ago, it would have been the black folks.
 80 years ago, it would have been the Jews.

And 100 years ago, it would have been Liberalism as a whole.

Fuzzy Bear would have loved Catholic Intergralism.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #151 on: October 23, 2022, 05:47:37 PM »

Anyway; All this just shows that Republicans are the ones who are obsssed about these things. Not the Democrats.

If by "obsessed" you mean that we are unalterably opposed to discussions of sexual orientation, gender fluidity, pronouns, etc. with children in elementary school and below, then count me "obsessed".  If by "obsessed", you mean that we are unalterably opposed to schoolteachers counseling students on "gender identity" issues without parental consent, then count me "obsessed"  If by "obsessed", you mean opposition to trans women (who are biological males) in sporting events for biological females, then count me "obsessed".  If you believe that I am obsessed in my opposition to allowing minors undergo "gender affirming care" without parental consent, then count me "obsessed".

Republicans are rightly concerned with proposals and ideas that undermine the ability of parents to be the arbiters of their children's best interest.  Personally, I view the idea that a child can "choose" if they are a boy or a girl (or some new category of gender that, quite frankly, I do not acknowledge as valid) as not just ridiculous, but damaging to children.  And, at a minimum, I do not believe for a minute that a teenager is capable of weighing the risks and benefits to "gender affirming care" for any number of reasons, one of which is their relative inability (compared to adults) to see issues in a longer range timeframe.  And we'll stay concerned with this until the insane ideas on this subject go away.  Meanwhile, if we are going to bear the responsibilities of parenthood, we are going to not be deposed as the arbiters of our children's best interests by the forces that attempt to do so.

You are a danger to my family and I will treat you as such. Your rhetoric is terrifying, and will eventually lead to the point where you physically attack a transgender person (or a person that you believe to be transgender). You are a dangerous man and I fully believe that you will hurt somebody.

You've already scared your granddaughter back into the closet. I am deeply afraid of you what might do if your son or another one of your children/grandchildren comes out as transgender. I pray for their safety. 

You're implying that Fuzzy Bear will get violent and break the law? What would lead you to this conclusion? And how is he a danger to your family? You live in entirely separate states and have no idea of where the other lives or what their actual name is.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #152 on: October 23, 2022, 08:46:07 PM »

10 years ago, it would have been Gay marriage. 30 years ago, it would have been the welfare queens. 60 years ago, it would have been the black folks.

50 years ago Fuzzy Literally Supported George McGovern
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #153 on: October 23, 2022, 08:47:13 PM »

Furgeson's Posts are completely out of line and I have reported them
jojoju1998
1970vu
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #154 on: October 23, 2022, 08:51:59 PM »

George McGovern was so progressive most of the country rejected him.

Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #155 on: October 23, 2022, 08:52:09 PM »

You're implying that Fuzzy Bear will get violent and break the law? What would lead you to this conclusion?

There’s only so many times you can say that a group of people simply existing near children poses a threat to those children before you decide to take matters into your own hands. All violent actions begin with hateful thoughts.

And how is he a danger to your family? You live in entirely separate states and have no idea of where the other lives or what their actual name is.

People who think like him are a threat to my family. We are unlikely to cross paths in real life, but there is no doubt in my mind that Fuzzy would jump at that chance to be a guard at a trans internment camp.

I think you are jumping to unwarranted conclusions about Fuzzy Bear and about his motivations. Someone who is "god fearing" as he is wouldn't resort to violence to convert others to his beliefs. And as I said, unless if you were doxxed, he would have no idea of where you live and thus, no plan or scheme to execute any kind of harm. Of course, you and him have fundamentally different worldviews, and fundamentally different political ideologies, but that by itself doesn't mean that a resort to aggression is the answer to resolve those differences.
jojoju1998
1970vu
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #156 on: October 23, 2022, 08:53:38 PM »

You're implying that Fuzzy Bear will get violent and break the law? What would lead you to this conclusion?

There’s only so many times you can say that a group of people simply existing near children poses a threat to those children before you decide to take matters into your own hands. All violent actions begin with hateful thoughts.

And how is he a danger to your family? You live in entirely separate states and have no idea of where the other lives or what their actual name is.

People who think like him are a threat to my family. We are unlikely to cross paths in real life, but there is no doubt in my mind that Fuzzy would jump at that chance to be a guard at a trans internment camp.

I think you are jumping to unwarranted conclusions about Fuzzy Bear and about his motivations. Someone who is "god fearing" as he is wouldn't resort to violence to convert others to his beliefs. And as I said, unless if you were doxxed, he would have no idea of where you live and thus, no plan or scheme to execute any kind of harm. Of course, you and him have fundamentally different worldviews, and fundamentally different political ideologies, but that by itself doesn't mean that a resort to aggression is the answer to resolve those differences.

Anyway;

Ted Cruz being an butt hole doesn't help the situation either way.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #157 on: October 23, 2022, 08:53:52 PM »

Yet Fuzzy supported him so you and especially Furg need to stop this outrageous slander against him
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #158 on: October 23, 2022, 09:04:01 PM »

Yet Fuzzy supported him so you and especially Furg need to stop this outrageous slander against him

McGovern won Elliott County, KY by 31 points. Is anyone going to argue that 65% of Elliott County voters are liberals?
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #159 on: October 23, 2022, 09:06:01 PM »

McGovern won Elliott County, KY by 31 points. Is anyone going to argue that 65% of Elliott County voters are liberals?

That is not what Ferg and Joju are implying. Just look at the complete outrageous slander Ferg has been posting here and the fact is Ferg needs to get punished for it .

Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #160 on: October 23, 2022, 09:20:07 PM »

Nothing I said was out of line.

If Fuzzy and North Carolina Republican are allowed to say that trans people existing are a threat to children and they should be banned from being teachers, then I'm allowed to call them dangerous psychos.

I think you are jumping to unwarranted conclusions about Fuzzy Bear and about his motivations. Someone who is "god fearing" as he is wouldn't resort to violence to convert others to his beliefs.

You're right, when have religious radicals ever resorted to violence?

I'm not saying it ever happened, but you are implying that Fuzzy Bear is a violent and cruel man, and that he will resort to force to impose his beliefs. Nothing he has said has ever led me to that conclusion. And as far as I can see it, Fuzzy Bear is not calling for transgender people to be excluded from the workplace.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #161 on: October 23, 2022, 09:21:09 PM »

Nothing I said was out of line.

If Fuzzy and North Carolina Republican are allowed to say that trans people existing are a threat to children and they should be banned from being teachers, then I'm allowed to call them dangerous psychos.

Not for "just being trans".  That doesn't mean that the person gets to say whatever they wish to say or share whatever they wish to share.  If they provide TMI and get fired, my advise to such a person is to learn some self-control on your next job.

And, just to be clear, preschools should not be teaching "gender-fluidity".  There are boys and there are girls when you are that age.  The interest of the children come before the interest of preschool employees, period.  If that's hard on the trans person, so be it.

You are a slanderer and you need to be temp banned
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #162 on: October 23, 2022, 09:21:34 PM »

It would be more relevant to point out that Fuzzy Bear voted for Obama in 2012 and for Gillum and Nelson in Florida as late as 2018.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #163 on: October 23, 2022, 09:22:25 PM »

I am not in the mood for this sh**t, dial it back everyone.
jojoju1998
1970vu
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #164 on: October 23, 2022, 09:49:59 PM »

I'm not even trying to slander Fuzzy Bear.

That's all Ferguson...
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #165 on: October 24, 2022, 09:05:55 AM »

People are trans or they're not. There's no such thing as someone being trans because they were "encouraged" to be so.

Yes, there is. If teachers, who act as role models for children, encourage and celebrate children who identify as trans, other children will feel left out. It's positive reinforcement of a specific behavior. Every kid wants to feel special.

And that's what your side used to say about gays before most of you realized how silly it was.

Being gay is a a sexual orientation. Being trans and saying that a man can be a woman is a misrepresentation of biology. Two totally different things, but this is what your side does when they realize they can't win the argument they're currently involved in.

You guys keep responding to arguments that we’re not even making. It’s pathetic.

Learn the difference between sex and gender. Get it through your head.

Oh, now I get it! You're so right. Now I completely understand why young teenagers with vaginas need to share locker rooms with young people with penises. I makes sense now that if you're born with a vagina, you should abandon all dreams of being proficient in sports because people born with penises are exactly the same, and any metrics stating that they're naturally stronger and faster no longer matter.

Good to know that conservatives have by and large utterly failed to learn a thing from the gay bashing culture wars of the 90s and insist on doubling down on ignorance and bigotry.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #166 on: October 24, 2022, 08:22:39 PM »

People are getting lost in the culture wars here, which of course is partially to blame on idiots like Ted Cruz, and are missing the point of why normal parents are concerned about stuff like this in schools. Kids are incredibly gullible, easily-influenced, and they can be misled very easily. To give you a funny example, when I was a kid in 3rd grade we had a unit in health class where we learned about a bunch of horrifying illnesses but didn't learn anything about how or why anyone got them. So as an 8-year-old I spent an afternoon one day convinced that I had caught Lou Gehrig's disease. I'm not a parent myself, but I can totally understand why parents would be annoyed, to say the least, if their kids are coming home from school under the impression that men get pregnant, which is just going to lead to all kinds of ridiculous and outrageous questions at home. I imagine it's quite frustrating for parents to find out their kids are coming home from school more confused and ignorant than when they went in.
TheReckoning
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #167 on: October 24, 2022, 08:25:51 PM »
« Edited: October 24, 2022, 09:02:41 PM by TheReckoning »

People are getting lost in the culture wars here, which of course is partially to blame on idiots like Ted Cruz, and are missing the point of why normal parents are concerned about stuff like this in schools. Kids are incredibly gullible, easily-influenced, and they can be misled very easily. To give you a funny example, when I was a kid in 3rd grade we had a unit in health class where we learned about a bunch of horrifying illnesses but didn't learn anything about how or why anyone got them. So as an 8-year-old I spent an afternoon one day convinced that I had caught Lou Gehrig's disease. I'm not a parent myself, but I can totally understand why parents would be annoyed, to say the least, if their kids are coming home from school under the impression that men get pregnant, which is just going to lead to all kinds of ridiculous and outrageous questions at home. I imagine it's quite frustrating for parents to find out their kids are coming home from school more confused and ignorant than when they went in.

This is such an easy concept to understand yet progressives seem to struggle with it so much.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #168 on: October 24, 2022, 09:02:58 PM »

Every child in America is going to learn what gay people are and what trans people are. That's literally unavoidable and just a fact of life. If you don't want your kid to be confused, either explain it to your kids in a way that makes it less confusing, OR, wait until they learn about it somewhere else and get confused and then talk to them after so you can make them less confused. Either approach is fine, and different parents will approach it differently.

Expecting public schools to work together with right wing parents to shelter kids from knowing that LBGTQ people exist isn't reasonable and isn't the job of public schools.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #169 on: October 24, 2022, 09:11:41 PM »

Every child in America is going to learn what gay people are and what trans people are. That's literally unavoidable and just a fact of life.

Then why does it need to be taught in a classroom, and especially at such a young age? I don't think my teachers ever explicitly told me what homosexuality was. It was something I learned naturally like every other young man: through the internet and the gym locker rooms.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #170 on: October 24, 2022, 09:27:40 PM »

why does it need to be taught in a classroom, and especially at such a young age? I don't think my teachers ever explicitly told me what homosexuality was. It was something I learned naturally like every other young man: through the internet and the gym locker rooms.

If by "taught" you mean "providing brief explanations and then moving on when kids are confused and have questions", then it all depends on the situation I guess?

Many young kids don't know or want to know what anti-semitism is, but based on something the kids might have encountered recently (Kanye), they might have gotten confused and needed a brief and simple explanation. If they happen to have a trans man for a teacher and he gets pregnant, they might get confused and need brief and basic explanation. That's okay. Kids will continue to encounter new things and sometimes get confused as they grow up. Sometimes adults will have to explain things to them. That's okay too.

I'm not saying that kids need to learn what sexual intercourse is at that age, of course. It's very easy to explain heterosexual romance and partnership to kids without mentioning intercourse and obviously the same goes for gay couples, couples where one or both people are trans, etc etc.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #171 on: October 24, 2022, 09:50:20 PM »

Every child in America is going to learn what gay people are and what trans people are. That's literally unavoidable and just a fact of life.

Then why does it need to be taught in a classroom, and especially at such a young age? I don't think my teachers ever explicitly told me what homosexuality was. It was something I learned naturally like every other young man: through the internet and the gym locker rooms.

I have yet to hear a good argument as to why it shouldn't at the least be a vocab term in sex-ed.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #172 on: October 24, 2022, 11:57:13 PM »

My problem isn't that it's being mentioned in school, it's that "some men can get pregnant" is a bad and unhelpful explanation that children are not going to understand.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #173 on: October 25, 2022, 12:03:33 AM »

My problem isn't that it's being mentioned in school, it's that "some men can get pregnant" is a bad and unhelpful explanation that children are not going to understand.

I don't think it's really that complicated...

Kid: How can a boy get pregnant?
---> "Most boys have boy privates but there are some that have girl privates"

Kid: If he has girl privates, then why is he a boy?
---> "Boys know that they're boys and girls know that they're girls"

Easy. Simple.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #174 on: October 25, 2022, 12:29:04 AM »

Children are smarter than you give them credit for.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies