Ted Cruz harasses DC preschool teacher for being pregnant
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 05:51:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Ted Cruz harasses DC preschool teacher for being pregnant
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8
Author Topic: Ted Cruz harasses DC preschool teacher for being pregnant  (Read 5461 times)
Figueira
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: October 20, 2022, 04:38:45 PM »

"some boys have bodies that can have babies"
"my grown-ups made a guess that I was a girl" (they guessed wrong)

These are not things teachers should be confusing preschoolers with but it's now considered good and normal in our educational culture. It's perfectly fine to publicly criticize it without sharing the name of the school or the teacher.

Is it your position that transgender people should be banned from being preschool teachers altogether?

Still waiting for an answer on this.

Do you think that trans people should be banned from being preschool teachers?

He's already said he's OK with them working there as long as they're not "spreading BS" i.e. being openly trans in any way.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #51 on: October 20, 2022, 05:33:43 PM »

These are not things teachers should be confusing preschoolers with but it's now considered good and normal in our educational culture. It's perfectly fine to publicly criticize it without sharing the name of the school or the teacher.

Is it your position that transgender people should be banned from being preschool teachers altogether?

Everyone should be banned from being preschool teachers.
citizenZ
citizenq
United States

« Reply #52 on: October 20, 2022, 05:34:52 PM »

It is not ridiculous to recognize the biological fact that men cannot get pregnant, or harassment to condemn the spread of an ideology that denies that fact in our nations elite institutions.

This. Did I miss some epic Earth shattering walk-on-the-moon moment where biological men can get pregnant? How is this "harassment" or "hate"?

Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #53 on: October 20, 2022, 06:10:48 PM »
« Edited: October 20, 2022, 06:19:51 PM by Ferguson97 »

It is not ridiculous to recognize the biological fact that men cannot get pregnant, or harassment to condemn the spread of an ideology that denies that fact in our nations elite institutions.

This. Did I miss some epic Earth shattering walk-on-the-moon moment where biological men can get pregnant? How is this "harassment" or "hate"?

No one is seriously suggesting that a biological man can get pregnant. (edit: adding the qualifier 'seriously' because you can find anyone who believes anything, and I know certain people will find some random twitter person who is saying this to try and undermine my larger point)

A trans man (meaning born a woman and now identify as male) got pregnant because he still has a uterus.

Conservatives who say this kind of stuff are being willfully ignorant because they despise transgender people. They know that liberals know that bio men can’t get pregnant. What they’re doing is playing the semantic game to invalidate the gender identity of trans people.

They don’t believe that Elliot Paige is a man. They don’t believe Caitlyn Jenner is a woman.

It’s bullying. Simple as that.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #54 on: October 20, 2022, 08:43:10 PM »

In short, Cruz's response isn't that unusual in 2022.  He shouldn't have made it, obviously, it give his enemies yet another "look at this douchebag" moment and more importantly, who the hell cares?  Of the few people still on the fence about Cruz, this isn't going to change their mind one way or the other, the pregnant man is not hurt, this is a non-story.

As others have said, Cruz singling out this private citizen for culture war / trans stuff is an open invitation for right winger twitter warriors to harass the teacher. That isn't appropriate for a senator or anything approaching presidential behaviour.

an open invitation to harass an anonymous teacher at an unnamed school.

should be easy to find; how many preschools in DC could there be?
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #55 on: October 20, 2022, 08:43:53 PM »

They don’t believe that Elliot Paige is a man. They don’t believe Caitlyn Jenner is a woman.

It's possible to think those things without wanting to actively bully these people.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #56 on: October 20, 2022, 09:33:41 PM »

In short, Cruz's response isn't that unusual in 2022.  He shouldn't have made it, obviously, it give his enemies yet another "look at this douchebag" moment and more importantly, who the hell cares?  Of the few people still on the fence about Cruz, this isn't going to change their mind one way or the other, the pregnant man is not hurt, this is a non-story.

As others have said, Cruz singling out this private citizen for culture war / trans stuff is an open invitation for right winger twitter warriors to harass the teacher. That isn't appropriate for a senator or anything approaching presidential behaviour.

The leaked email literally contains the first and last name of the teacher, and some far-right media sites have figured out the name of the school.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #57 on: October 20, 2022, 09:56:23 PM »

It's possible to think those things without wanting to actively bully these people.

Then why have you, on numerous occasions, demonstrated your desire to bully trans people?
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #58 on: October 20, 2022, 09:59:24 PM »

Then why have you, on numerous occasions, demonstrated your desire to bully trans people?

Please name one such occasion.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #59 on: October 20, 2022, 10:08:24 PM »

You’ve repeatedly said that you would deadname and refuse to use the preferred pronouns of your trans co-workers.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« Reply #60 on: October 20, 2022, 10:12:15 PM »

The leaked email literally contains the first and last name of the teacher, and some far-right media sites have figured out the name of the school.

It was covered up in the tweet.  If anyone is sharing the identifying info that's not good.
citizenZ
citizenq
United States

« Reply #61 on: October 20, 2022, 10:53:52 PM »

No one is seriously suggesting that a biological man can get pregnant. (edit: adding the qualifier 'seriously' because you can find anyone who believes anything, and I know certain people will find some random twitter person who is saying this to try and undermine my larger point)

A trans man (meaning born a woman and now identify as male) got pregnant because he still has a uterus.

Conservatives who say this kind of stuff are being willfully ignorant because they despise transgender people. They know that liberals know that bio men can’t get pregnant. What they’re doing is playing the semantic game to invalidate the gender identity of trans people.

So what you're trying to say is that women get pregnant, a woman calls herself a man, and therefore, a "man" can get pregnant?

This is the party that wants to trust science and stop disinformation. Unreal.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #62 on: October 20, 2022, 11:05:13 PM »

So what you're trying to say is that women get pregnant, a woman calls herself a man, and therefore, a "man" can get pregnant?

There is a difference between gender and sex.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #63 on: October 20, 2022, 11:15:40 PM »

"Preschool" is a scam and is nothing more than glorified daycare. It takes zero skill to "teach" and accomplishes nothing aside from separating children from their parents. This exhibitionist display is nothing more than icing on the turd.

Thank you for taking such a brave stance on… preschool.
citizenZ
citizenq
United States

« Reply #64 on: October 20, 2022, 11:25:34 PM »

There is a difference between gender and sex.

That's an opinion.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #65 on: October 21, 2022, 12:00:46 AM »

You’ve repeatedly said that you would deadname and refuse to use the preferred pronouns of your trans co-workers.

Even if that were true (I don't recall saying this on this site, and in fact recall saying the opposite), I don't see how that amounts to "bullying." At most, that's just not engaging with others by not addressing or speaking to them.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #66 on: October 21, 2022, 12:07:11 AM »

In short, Cruz's response isn't that unusual in 2022.  He shouldn't have made it, obviously, it give his enemies yet another "look at this douchebag" moment and more importantly, who the hell cares?  Of the few people still on the fence about Cruz, this isn't going to change their mind one way or the other, the pregnant man is not hurt, this is a non-story.

- "Manatee families" ---> Manatee probably in the school name
-  preschool has a pregnant trans man teacher
- preschool is in Washington, D.C.

Yeah, I'm sure it's really hard to narrow down...

Brain fart or bad faith? Brain fart is at least excusable. Happens to me all the time.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #67 on: October 21, 2022, 06:20:38 AM »

It was covered up in the tweet.  If anyone is sharing the identifying info that's not good.

Sorry, I didn't notice the name being censored in the tweet I posted. That was done by the pro-trans account posting this, not Cruz or Kerpen.
Waldo

« Reply #68 on: October 21, 2022, 07:41:45 AM »

If we accept that the person who is permanent is 'biologically female'...he is still harassing a 'pregnant woman'

Should this 'pregnant woman' be both harassed and considered unsuitable to teach because they are pregnant?

Except that he's not harassing her.
What’s he doing then? What do you think Ted Cruz’s goal is here? And what do you imagine happens to private citizens  who get attacked by Ted Cruz on twitter? Do you imagine their lives get better or worse?

I think his goal is to draw attention to the prevalence of these beliefs in elite circles, and to boost his own profile. I don't imagine much of anything happens to an unnamed citizen criticized by Ted Cruz on Twitter, especially one who works for a liberal preschool in DC. I also wouldn't even really describe this as a criticism of said citizen, so much as the school for indoctrinating kids with these beliefs/exposing them to this fetish in its classrooms.

He's doing this because issues like "pregnant men" are the only things that the GOP is certain to win on. Anything else requires effort or persuasion on their part, but this is an easy win.

Republicans will certainly win in that because "the rights of pregnant men" is a ridiculous thing to campaign on, and it's focused on primarily by white liberals who have nothing better to do than find something to be upset about.

Other things Republicans will win in that require no effort:

- Inflation
- Crime
- The Southern Border

Democrats gave us the majority like they were playing a game of hot potato.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #69 on: October 21, 2022, 07:47:45 AM »

If we accept that the person who is permanent is 'biologically female'...he is still harassing a 'pregnant woman'

Should this 'pregnant woman' be both harassed and considered unsuitable to teach because they are pregnant?

What’s he doing then? What do you think Ted Cruz’s goal is here? And what do you imagine happens to private citizens  who get attacked by Ted Cruz on twitter? Do you imagine their lives get better or worse?

I think his goal is to draw attention to the prevalence of these beliefs in elite circles, and to boost his own profile. I don't imagine much of anything happens to an unnamed citizen criticized by Ted Cruz on Twitter, especially one who works for a liberal preschool in DC. I also wouldn't even really describe this as a criticism of said citizen, so much as the school for indoctrinating kids with these beliefs/exposing them to this fetish in its classrooms.

He's doing this because issues like "pregnant men" are the only things that the GOP is certain to win on. Anything else requires effort or persuasion on their part, but this is an easy win.

Republicans will certainly win in that because "the rights of pregnant men" is a ridiculous thing to campaign on, and it's focused on primarily by white liberals who have nothing better to do than find something to be upset about.

- Inflation
- Crime
- The Southern Border

In my opinion, the Southern Border is actually a very irrelevant issue outside of the states actually on the border. This is anecdotal but the only people I encounter in Nebraska who are worried about it are fat Trump devotees to begin with. I don't think I've ever encountered a persuadable voter who was up in arms about immigration. Inflation is an interesting one because while it's a winning issue for Republicans now, I think it does take some convincing to get someone to look past culture war issues in order to vote against their preferred party because of it. Crime definitely is an easy issue for Republicans, and it'll be hard for Democrats to ever make a comeback on that one after their disgraceful behavior during the endless rioting of 2020.
certified hummus supporter 🇵🇸🤝🇺🇸🤝🇺🇦
AverageFoodEnthusiast
Junior Chimp
Virgin Islands, U.S.

« Reply #70 on: October 21, 2022, 08:23:58 AM »
« Edited: October 21, 2022, 08:28:15 AM by FT-02 Senator A.F.E. 🇺🇸🤝🇺🇦 »

There is, indeed, a world outside of your stupid so-called "culture wars" believe it or not
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #71 on: October 21, 2022, 11:55:14 AM »

- Inflation
- Crime
- The Southern Border

What crazy alternate universe do you live in where this is a central theme of the Democrats' messaging?
jojoju1998
1970vu
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #72 on: October 21, 2022, 11:57:09 AM »

- Inflation
- Crime
- The Southern Border

What crazy alternate universe do you live in where this is a central theme of the Democrats' messaging?

Biden’s been running almost exclusively on his economic agenda along with Roe codification.

Meanwhile the republicans have been the ones talking about Gays, Transgender peoples,
Libertas Vel Mors
Haley/Ryan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.03, S: -0.17

« Reply #73 on: October 21, 2022, 01:41:58 PM »

So you've made up a fictional character with a nonsensical scenario and are attempting to use that as a gotcha? That's incredibly strange, to say the least.
Oh, no, I'm not the one who wrote Dreadnought. And I assure you, it's quite sensical.
Society doesn't believe what you believe. 51% of Americans say changing one's gender is morally wrong.
For those of you watching at home, that still leaves 49% who don't think my existence is morally wrong. Anyhow, let's say I'm exaggerating the popularity of media I like (true) and literally everybody wants me dead (probably not true, but might be). Big whoop. But what is it about transitioning that makes it such a moral wrong? I'm not hurting anybody, am I?

Considering that "changing one's gender" is leading language because it presupposes that it is possible to change gender,
Try telling that to all the people who have changed gender (If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, and is generally recognized as a duck, then it doesn't really matter if you think it's a goose, does it?).

Believing in transgenderism is a very radical minority belief that relies on the denial of biological reality, and Senator Cruz is right to call it out in elite institutions.
You can whine about "biological reality" all you like, but you don't look at a wooden chair and call it a tree, or call a bag of candy a cornfield, do you? Those are their "biological realities", much as mine indicates that I'm a dude. Besides, you want to know what was a very radical minority belief that relied on the denial of biological reality 150 years ago? That women should be allowed to vote.

1. I don't care.

2. Actually, significantly less, because of the factors I mentioned above re: polling inaccuracy + leading language + don't knows

3.Except it doesn't quack like a duck, because calling yourself a woman does not give you a womb and xx chromsones.

4. Tree: Used to create woman chair

Corn: used to create candy

Man and woman: two separate categories

Yeah. You know what was also a radical minority belief 150 years ago? The idea that setting children on fire is a good thing. Some uncommon beliefs are good. Some are bad. Transvestitism being unpopular 150 years ago does not make it right, just as setting children on fire being unpopular 150 years ago does not make that idea right either.
Libertas Vel Mors
Haley/Ryan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.03, S: -0.17

« Reply #74 on: October 21, 2022, 01:44:26 PM »

Can you imagine being this teacher? Being attacked for who you are by a US Senator like this and having people like shua condone it?
The school is being ridiculed for being ridiculous.

This school is acting as conservative-friendly and non-political as possible without not allowing trans teachers who can get pregnant or forcing the teacher to lie about their pregnancy in the present AND the future. It's literally as non-ridiculous as reasonably possible.

They can fire the teacher.

Yes.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies