2025-29 -A Blank Canvas
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:02:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  2025-29 -A Blank Canvas
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 19
Author Topic: 2025-29 -A Blank Canvas  (Read 16014 times)
SaintStan86
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: -1.22

P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: September 10, 2022, 04:06:13 PM »
« edited: September 10, 2022, 04:09:28 PM by SaintStan86 »

One more thing: If Lindsey Graham were to not vote Cruz OOC, expect him to be fried crispy. Pretty sure Jeff Duncan is waiting to see what he does...

Also, some confirmation votes would be nice. Especially given that Kirsten Gillibrand became popular just for the thankless job of opposing most if not all of Trump's appointees, which made her a household name in liberal circles and led to her 2020, outspokenly feminist, presidential bid.

Will be interesting to see as well how Casey votes on McCormick for Treasury, and also Fetterman, too.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #51 on: September 10, 2022, 04:22:22 PM »
« Edited: September 12, 2022, 01:31:00 PM by 2016 »

60TH PRESIDENTIAL ADMINISTRATION
CABINET CONFIRMATIONS

ROBERT CHARLES O'BRIEN as Secretary of State (confirmed via proforma Voice Vote)

KENNETH BRAITHWAITE as Secretary of Defense (confirmed via proforma Voice Vote)

DAVID HAROLD MCCORMICK as Secretary of the Treasury (confirmed via proforma Voice Vote)

All 3 Individuals were confirmed because of a Deal that had been struck between Republican Senate Majority Leader John Cornyn of Texas & Democratic Senate Minority Leader Charles "Chuck" Schumer of New York before President DeSantis took Office on Monday, January 20th at Noon.
O'Brien, Braithwaite & McCormick were sworn into Office on the Morning of Tuesday, January 21st by Vice President Nikki Haley.
White House Chief of Staff Byron Lowell Donalds & National Security Advisor Dina Habib Powell-McCormick took the Oath of Office that same Day.

BRIAN JEFFERY MAST as Secretary of Veterans Affairs (confirmed via Senate Roll Call Vote 75-25; Summitted Resignation to the Speaker of the House Monday, January 27th 2025)

CARLOS ANTONIO GIMENEZ as Secretary of the Department of Homeland Security (confirmed via Senate Roll Call Vote 82-18; Summitted Resignation to the Speaker of the House Monday, January 27th 2025)

Vice President Nikki Haley once again administered the Oath of Office for both, Mast & Gimenez during the Afternoon Hours of Monday, January 27th 2025 after both House Members summitted their Resignations in the Morning.

The next Confirmation Roll Call Votes will be for Virginia Governor Glenn Youngkin to be Secretary of Commerce and Nebraska Senator Ben Sasse to be Secretary of Education. The Senate will likely to vote during the Senate Business Hours on Tuesday, January 28th 2022 or Wednesday, January 29th 2022 as Senate Majority Leader Cornyn has already filled for Cloture.

GLENN ALLEN YOUNGKIN as Secretary of the Department of Commerce (confirmed via Senate Roll Call Vote 85-15; Resigned as 74th Governor of Virginia on Thursday January 30th 2025; Sworn in as Secretary of Commerce Friday January 31st 2025)

BENJAMIN ERIC SASSE as Secretary of the Department of Education (confirmed via Senate Roll Call Vote 83-16; Summitted Resignation to the Senate Thursday January 30th 2025; Sworn in as Secretary of Education Friday January 31st 2025)

In another Deal reached between Majority Leader Cornyn & Minority Leader Schumer 3 more of President DeSantis Cabinet Nominations were confirmed on Thursday, February 6th 2025 by a proforma Vote: Jon Meade Huntsman as Secretary of Energy, Timothy Eugene Scott as Secretary of Housing & Urban Development & Christopher Douglas Stewart as Director of National Intelligence. The Senate conducted one Roll Call Vote and confirmed Nicole

P. S. This Post will be updated as more Individual Cabinet Confirmations roll in!
PRESIDENT STANTON
United States

« Reply #52 on: September 10, 2022, 06:35:20 PM »

That is an inspiring idea, regarding the Joint session date! Was that the date of the first fatality? Frankly lost track of dates. With regards to the Senate contests during the 2026 election cycle,  I think Warner in Virginia, could face a stronger than expected challenge from Scott Taylor . However the Governorship contests could reveal a few surprises. I would think that actor Matthew McConaughey might throw his hat into the Governor's race in Texas. Greg Abbott could be vulnerable. Another Governor's contest that could prove to be interesting is Massachusetts, where Tagg Romney might run, following in his dad's footsteps. I am tempted to have either Stephanie Murphy  or Debbie Wasserman Shultz challenge Jeanette Nuņez in Florida.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #53 on: September 10, 2022, 06:44:23 PM »

That is an inspiring idea, regarding the Joint session date! Was that the date of the first fatality? Frankly lost track of dates. With regards to the Senate contests during the 2026 election cycle,  I think Warner in Virginia, could face a stronger than expected challenge from Scott Taylor . However the Governorship contests could reveal a few surprises. I would think that actor Matthew McConaughey might throw his hat into the Governor's race in Texas. Greg Abbott could be vulnerable. Another Governor's contest that could prove to be interesting is Massachusetts, where Tagg Romney might run, following in his dad's footsteps. I am tempted to have either Stephanie Murphy  or Debbie Wasserman Shultz challenge Jeanette Nuņez in Florida.
First Fatality was February 29th 2020 in Seattle, Washington State.
PRESIDENT STANTON
United States

« Reply #54 on: September 10, 2022, 06:54:27 PM »
« Edited: September 10, 2022, 07:10:23 PM by PRESIDENT STANTON »

An Update on the Ted Cruz situation, he will be the guest for a full hour on CBS's 60 Minutes, scheduled for Sunday,  February 2, 2025. An anonymous source has suggested that "it's make or break time for the former Texas lawmaker, he has an awful lot of work to do, if he wants to get Confirmed". Already Senate Majority Leader, John Cornyn has delayed a confirmation vote on Cruz . Senior W.H. Advisor, Brad Herold , insists that "The President has full confidence in the process, and we are pleased with Senator Cornyn's efforts during the confirmation of all nominee's so far". It was noted by Kaitlin Collins of CNN, "Herold refused to be drawn on Senator Cruz's situation".
PRESIDENT STANTON
United States

« Reply #55 on: September 10, 2022, 07:19:00 PM »

@2016, I appreciate your contributions so far and glad to see that you are involved in this TL; have to say I was more than happy to have contributed to the 2024-Blank Canvas TL. So again thank you.
PRESIDENT STANTON
United States

« Reply #56 on: September 10, 2022, 08:21:52 PM »
« Edited: September 11, 2022, 06:52:43 AM by PRESIDENT STANTON »

, Time Magazine decided to dedicate their Person of the Year (2024) edition to Ron DeSantis, on his achievement in winning the biggest landslide for any party in over forty year's. The magazine remarked how DeSantis's 43-state sweep, was one part of a political story, which not only had vanquished Democrat, Kamala Harris, but delivered the Republican party a veto proof majority in the Senate and the largest House majority in nearly 100 years. "DeSantis's message was not only a message that railed against the stifling regime of wokeism, but a return to a more sensible age, which also overlapped conservative values". The magazine even questioned " if the Democratic party would find any sort of relevance and had Kamala Harris, been the right kind of Democrat to be that party's standard bearer in the Presidential contest?"
BigVic
Australia

« Reply #57 on: September 10, 2022, 08:22:33 PM »

Good read so far
PRESIDENT STANTON
United States

« Reply #58 on: September 11, 2022, 09:58:47 AM »

Cruz's journey to be AttorneyGeneral, ends in an epic meltdown! On CBS'S vaunted news program, "60 Minutes", on Sunday February 2, 2025. Ted Cruz ill advised decision to be interviewed. The host John Dickerson attempted to raise questions regarding Cruz's reluctance to certify Joe Biden's election, as well as the disposal of unused from his unsuccessful 2024 presidential campaign. John Dickerson gave a background to the Cruz nomination, "For the last four weeks since his nomination to be the nation's 87th Attorney General, Senator Cruz has been the subject of more questions over conduct, regarding his challenge of the certification of Joe Biden's election four year's ago, as well as the source and disposal of funds, during last year's Republican presidential campaign".
(Introduction fade out).
Live Program
"Senator, what was your justification for challenging,  President Biden's certification four year's ago?"
Cruz:, "John, my concerns as a legal scholar, and due to an abundance of caution, required me to offer a challenge to Biden's certification, there in my view numerous issues concerning the handling and counting of ballots on election night, as well as this, there was no proper oversight in the collection and actual counting of the ballots. Plus there were numerous legal challenges underway, and my objections were anchored how many legal norms were either discarded or ignored!"
Dickerson: "Oh now Senator, the legal challenges were frivolous at worst, at best completely spurious, these challenges launched by Trump and his lawyer's had no proper standing in law, So Senator what was your real motive for raising your objections? Were they more motivated by a need to further ingratiate yourself to both the former President and the larger MAGA base?"
Cruz: "John, what's your motivation to question my motivations? Whatever need there was,
it certainly wasn't to satisfy the former President or his supporters?"
Before allowing Dickerson to offer his own response, Cruz snappishly stated, "Maybe Democrats feel entitled to be unchallenged for anything they do. Perhaps they secretly believe that Biden didn't win the election and perpetrated a fraud on the American people!"
The expression on Dickerson's face was one of incredulity.
Dickerson: "So Senator, are you one those, who believe that the former President didn't win?"
Cruz: "I have serious doubts!"
After an awkward moment of silence, Dickerson focused his questions on a new area of public concern.
Fade Into a video of Cruz's own campaign: The video  focused  on  his 2024 Republican presidential, particularly the fundraising  aspect: Video fade out.
Dickerson: "Senator, regarding the source and the disposal of unused funds from your campaign for the Republican presidential nomination. There is public disquiet over the identity of who some of these donors actually were, could there be now a conflict of interest, should you end up serving as this nation's next Attorney General".
Cruz nervously laughed.
Cruz: "I noticed that not once were these questions raised during the many hearings I attended, and Democrats insist that my fundraising activities are of profound public interest. Let me ask you this, John, why didn't this network or any other mouthpiece for the Democratic party, never once attempted to raise questions over the fundraising practices of either Hillary Clinton or Kamala Harris during their campaign's? Talk about Double Standard's!
Dickerson's response was delivered pithily.
Dickerson: "Senator, both Vice president Harris and Secretary Clinton, weren't elected, nor were they subsequently in a position where there would be questions over conflicts of interest raised"
There was more awkward silence, before Dickerson stated.
Dickerson: "Senator, the question still remains and I will ask you, how come you are unable to give the American people an explanation on your campaign fund's and their disposal, it's a matter of public concern and don't you owe the public a explanation!"
The tone of Cruz's next response, probably killed his chances of confirmation.
Cruz: "I don't think I do nor do I think the matter should be aired on a forum like this!"
After the interview concluded, Dickerson made a few observations of his own and they clearly suggested that questions still remained.
The Cruz interview, was nothing short of a disaster!" opined Chuck Todd of NBC's Meet The Press.
Other media figures including Scott Jennings,  remarked Ted Cruz's, hopes of becoming Attorney General, have not been good in recent day's,  particularly when we consider that already 10 Republican Senators have categorically made it clear that they won't vote for Cruz's nomination,  I imagine that this number will grow, in light of what we witnessed tonight! He failed to offer an adequate answer on the campaign fundraising and expenditure's issue!".
Chris Wallace on CNN, offered his own thoughts  and intoned what was likely on everyone's mind, "I think if Ted Cruz,  has not considered his position,
he may have to do it now, and perhaps he now has to entertain the only option available to him right now!

Kaitlin Collins who had been at the White House, broadcast her reaction to the Cruz interview, beyond that, the White House remained silent.
The following day, after a meeting with his caucus, Senate majority leader, John Cornyn,  knew that the Cruz nomination was DOA, and had his assistant call the White House to arrange a meeting with the President, after which, with a heavy heart, he travelled from the Capitol for a meeting with the President, and informed the president in an Oval office meeting, "The votes are not there, and the nomination will most certainly be defeated!".
Later that evening, Cruz was summoned to the White House for a meeting with both White House Counsel, Chris Sprowls and White House Chief of Staff, Byron Donalds who informed Cruz that he "Needed to the right thing".
The following day, before a congregation of reporter's, Ted Cruz flanked by his wife and two daughters,  announced  "... After some thought,  I am hereby withdrawing my nomination to be America's eighty-seventh Attorney General..." With that Cruz and the controversy surrounding his nomination disappeared.
Next Up: The search for a new Attorney Gene
P.S. I am thinking that Barbara Lagoa will be the choice.
PRESIDENT STANTON
United States

« Reply #59 on: September 11, 2022, 10:32:08 AM »
« Edited: September 11, 2022, 10:53:25 AM by PRESIDENT STANTON »

Note on my reason for the failure of Cruz's nomination.
Was likely due to the following factors.
1 DeSantis's delay on nomination of Ted Cruz, suggested to me, that in such a situation and considering how political DeSantis is, he would probably conclude Cruz's nomination would be controversial at best and politically damaging at worst.
2. Growing resistance was due to the bipartisan animus towards Cruz, he hasn't engendered universal popularity within that body.
3. The fact that 10 Senator's from the Republican caucus, suggested to me, that number would have only grown.
4. If I am correct no, former presidential candidate (twice in Cruz's  case, 2016 was the other occasion) has been Attorney General nor nominated to that position, and Democrats would have raised such issues as fundraising practices identity of donors, due to "conflict of interest factors. They raised similar concerns over Trump, his hotel in Washington and his fundraising as well. So I recognized this was a plausible line of attack.
5. Democrats are hypertensive over the matter of Joe Biden's certification, and considering Cruz's own objections during the certification period. I imagine that Cruz would offer legalistic justifications on those objections, and Democrats, therefore would make much of this fact. Considering also he was running for the Republican presidential, he would be using opportunity to ingratiate himself with Trump and his MAGA supporters.
6. Considering that Cruz can tend to be prickly, he likely would have been overly defensive in the responses he gave on a program such as "60 minutes".
One final word: Frankly whatever my personal bias about Cruz, I have revised my opinion of him and I had taken the pragmatic view, that Cruz would be a good Attorney General, his credentials as a legal scholar cannot be disputed.
Even Alan Dershowitz, a legal scholar from the liberal side of the equation, concedes Cruz's credentals as a legal mind are impeccable and it's highly unlikely that Democrats would question Cruz's qualifications, hence the political line of attack.
He was once Editor of the Harvard Law Review, so therefore there's good reason he could be the perfect choice. But the 6 reasons I already highlighted, as to why Cruz would have failed, stand.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #60 on: September 11, 2022, 12:22:47 PM »
« Edited: September 11, 2022, 02:21:32 PM by 2016 »

Wednesday 29th January 2025
SENATE CONFIRMS VIRGINIA GOVERNOR GLENN YOUNGKIN AS SECRETARY OF COMMERCE; NEBRASKA SENATOR BEN SASSE AS SECRETARY OF EDUCATION...NEBRASKA GOVERNOR PILLEN LEANING TOWARDS APPOINTING FORMER GOVERNOR DAVE HEINEMAN AS PLACEHOLDER
The United States Senate today confirmed President DeSantis' Nominations of Virginia Governor Glenn Youngkin as Secretary of Commerce by a whopping 85-15 Vote with 20 Democrats joining to confirm as well as Nebraska Senator Ben Sasse as Secretary of Education with an 83-16 Vote (Sasse himself abstained and did not vote for himself).
NBC'S Chief Legal Analyst Pete Williams noted "While there is growing Resistance to the Ted Cruz Nomination as Attorney General, which could be defeated, the other Nominations by President DeSantis have been confirmed with overwhelming Bipartisan Support."
Sources inside the Cornhusker State telling CNN that Nebraska Governor Jim Pillen is leaning towards appointing former Nebraska Governor Dave Heineman as Placeholder until a Special Election can be held.
Thursday January 30th 2025
YOUNGKIN RESIGNS AS GOVERNOR, SASSE RESIGNS AS SENATOR; VIRGINIA LIEUTENANT GOVERNOR WINSOME SEARS TAKES OVER AS GOVERNOR IN VIRGINIA
Virginia Governor Glenn Youngkin resigned his Governorship as Governor of Virginia after being confirmed by the Senate as Secretary of Commerce yesterday. Shortly thereafter he watched his Lt. Governor Winsome Sears being inaugurated becoming the 75th Governor of the Commonwealth of Virginia before making his trip back to Washington.
In Washington Nebraska Senator Ben Sasse summitted his Resignation to the Senate after being confirmed on the same Day as Youngkin.
Friday January 31st 2025
VICE PRESIDENT NIKKI HALEY ADMINISTERS THE SWEARIN-IN FOR YOUNGKIN TO THE DEPARTMENT OF COMMERCE & SASSE TO THE DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION
Two Days after being confirmed as new Secretaries of Commerce & Education Glenn Youngkin & Ben Sasse took the Oath of Office administered by Vice President Nikki Haley.

The Reason the Cruz' Nomination was defeated is that due to President DeSantis' landslide Victory in the 2024 Presidential Election a lot of moderate Republican Senators in more blueish States were elected and they wanted to put the controversial 2020 Election behind themselves once at for all.

However Cruz' Defeat raises serious Questions about Ric Grenells Nomination to be Ambassador to the United Nations.

While this is obviously a heavy blow for Conservatives and a short-term blow for the President it might very well be a long-term GAIN for the DeSantis Presidency.

Monday February 3rd 2025
AFTERMATH OF THE FAILED CRUZ' NOMINATION AS ATTORNEY GENERAL; ABC'S LEGAL ANALYSTS PIERRE THOMAS & DAN ABRAMS SAY:"IT RAISES SERIOUS QUESTIONS ABOUT RIC GRENELLS NOMINATION AS AMBASSADOR TO THE UNITED NATIONS"
FORMER SOCILITOR GENERAL NOEL FRANCISCO & UNITED STATES JUDGE FOR THE 11TH COURT OF APPEALS BARBARA LAGOA UNDER CONSIDERATION

On ABC'S "Good Morning America" with Robin Roberts Legal Analysts Pierre Thomas & Dan Abrams say Ric Grenells Nomination as Ambassador to the United Nations is on "THIN ICE".
Later that Day NBC Chief White House Correspondent Kristen Welker confirmed Francisco & Lagoa were under consideration to be nominated for Attorney General with Lagoa being viewed as having the Inside Track because of her Ties to the President (DeSantis nominated Lagoa to the Florida State Supreme Court in 2019).
PRESIDENT STANTON
United States

« Reply #61 on: September 11, 2022, 12:33:51 PM »
« Edited: September 11, 2022, 02:17:55 PM by PRESIDENT STANTON »

Anonymous source from within White House: Former Solicitor General under Trump, Noel Francisco said to be under consideration for Attorney General.
An unidentified source, has indicated that Noel Francisco is being considered for position of Attorney General.
Media sources reached out to the White House for comment on the possibility that Noel Francisco was under consideration for the position in which Ted Cruz had once been considered for, however the now infamous "60 minutes" interview precipitated the derailment of Ted Cruz's nomination.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #62 on: September 11, 2022, 12:54:06 PM »
« Edited: September 11, 2022, 01:40:16 PM by GM Team Member NewYorkExpress »

Honestly, if I were DeSantis, I would pick a Biden appointed appellate court judge as Attorney General, as that would allow me to make a judicial appointment I might not otherwise be able to make, and the Judiciary has proven to be more important and valuable for Republicans.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #63 on: September 11, 2022, 01:36:51 PM »

@President Stanton,
I definitly would nominate Lagoa. She would be a good Pick. It would sent a Message to a constituency DeSantis & Republicans in General had made huge inroads in 2022 & 2024.
PRESIDENT STANTON
United States

« Reply #64 on: September 11, 2022, 02:29:52 PM »

I have an idea that DeSantis is probably torn between Francisco and Lagoa, but probably he probably see's the latter as the latter as his choice to fill the next Supreme Court vacancy that becomes available. Putting Lagoa at DOJ makes her lightening rod for every controversial decision that comes down the pike. She would be a perfect choice if either Roberts or Thomas decide to step down. I have a suspicion that either one of them are going to call it quits sometime in 2026, or perhaps earlier.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #65 on: September 11, 2022, 02:55:40 PM »

Lagoa won her Senate Vote to be a Judge on the United States Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit by an 80-15 Vote back in November 2019.
That has to play in DeSantis' Mind. What the President needs is now a safe Pick for Attorney General who can roll through the Senate. Picking another Trump Alum certainly doesn't help.
One Wild Card is current Florida Attorney General Ashley Moody.
PRESIDENT STANTON
United States

« Reply #66 on: September 11, 2022, 02:58:41 PM »

60TH PRESIDENTIAL ADMINISTRATION CABINET AND CABINET LEVEL CONFIRMATIONS
JON MEADE HUNTSMAN as Secretary of Energy (By Proforma Vote)
TIMOTHY EUGENE SCOTT as Secretary of Housing and Urban Development (By Proforma Vote)
NICOLE ROBILOTTO NASON
as Secretary of Transportation (66 Yeay, 33 Nay)
CHRISTOPHER DOUGLAS STEWART as Director of National Intelligence (By Proforma Vote).
Stewart , in a letter prepared in advance, Stewart tendered a letter of resignation as a member of the House of Representatives. In separate ceremonies, Vice President Haley administered the oath of office to Secretaries  Huntsman,  Scott,  Nason and Director Stewart . The Senate majority leader, Senator Cornyn is expected to schedule more Senate votes in the coming days, confirming the remaining members of the DeSantis Administration.
Meanwhile on the House side of Capitol Hill, Speaker Scalise has extended an invitation to the President to address a joint session of Congress, a date has been scheduled for Wednesday,  February 26, 2025.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #67 on: September 11, 2022, 03:07:55 PM »

I think for UT-2 a Mia Love comeback would be nice.

Has anyone been announced as the intended appointment to replace Tim Scott yet? If not, may I suggest that Mick Mulvaney get the appointment?
Junior Chimp

« Reply #68 on: September 11, 2022, 03:18:47 PM »
« Edited: September 11, 2022, 05:19:12 PM by 2016 »

Wednesday February 5rd 2025
SOURCES INSIDE THE WHITE HOUSE WEST WING SAYING VICE PRESIDENT NIKKI HALEY HAS PRIVATLY LOBBIED SOUTH CAROLINA GOVERNOR HENRY MCMASTER TO PICK A WOMAN TO REPLACE OUTGOING SENATOR & NOW SECRETARY OF HOUSING & URBAN DEVELOPMENT TIM SCOTT; HALEY ALSO MADE A PERSONAL APPOINTMENT TAPPING FORMER CHIEF OF STAFF TO FORMER FIRST LADY MELANIA TRUMP; STEPHANIE GRISHAM AS HER CHIEF OF STAFF
As dawn rose over the Pontomac CNN White House Correspondent Kaitlan Collins told the Audience on CNN's "New Dawn for America" Morning Show that Sources inside the White House West Wing telling her that Vice President Nikki Haley has privatly lobbied South Carolina Governor Henry McMaster in the months after then President-elect DeSantis nominated Senator Tim Scott as his Secretary of Housing & Urban Development to pick a Woman as Replacement should Scott being confirmed. Two Names that have been floated to replace Scott in the Senate are former Director of the South Carolina Department of Labor, Licensing, and Regulation CATHERINE TEMPLETON, who served with Haley when she was Governor of the State, the other is Congresswoman NANCY MACE. Should McMaster pick a Male it could be Congressman RALPH NORMAN (who also has close ties to the Vice President) or former White House Chief of Staff under President Trump, MICK MULVANEY.
Collins also told the Audience that Haley has picked former Chief of Staff to Melania Trump, STEPHANIE GRISHAM as her CoS.
PRESIDENT STANTON
United States

« Reply #69 on: September 11, 2022, 05:03:07 PM »
« Edited: September 11, 2022, 05:15:17 PM by PRESIDENT STANTON »

Wednesday,  February 5, 2025: The White House announced that President DeSantis has announced that he will nominate Judge Barbara Lagoa to be Attorney General and that Noel Francisco will be his nominee to be Deputu Attorney General,  Lagoa will have the distinction of being the first woman to serve as Attorney General, if confirmed  to do so, since Janet Reno, had that distinction while serving under Bill Clinton during the 1990s. Senate Majority leader,  John Cornyn, applauded
the nomination. If Lagoa does win confirmation, she along with the President as well as BrianMast, Carlos Gimenez, Byron Donalds, Chris Sprowls, Joe Gruters,  Brad Herold and Kayleigh McEnany are all Floridians, this fact means  that this would be the largest concentration of state natives in position of political power, since George W. Bush and his Texas gang, or Ronald Reagan and his California crew. In another developing story, South Carolina Governor,  Henry McMaster, is likely to nsme Tim Scott's replacement within the next day or two.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #70 on: September 11, 2022, 05:25:10 PM »
« Edited: September 11, 2022, 05:37:40 PM by 2016 »

Thursday February 6th 2025
NEBRASKA GOVERNOR JIM PILLEN APPOINTS 76-YEAR OLD FORMER GOVERNOR OF THE CORNHUSKER STATE, DAVE HEINEMAN TO THE VACATED SENATE SEAT LEFT BY FORMER SENATOR SASSE
All eyes were on Lincoln, Nebraska this Afternoon: Ever since then President-elect Ron DeSantis nominated Senator Sasse as his choice for Secretary of Education last year Governor Pillen mulled over the different choices he had whom would best serve the interests of Nebraskans.
Standing beside him to receive Pillens Appointment to the Senate was 76-Year Old former Governor Dave Heineman. In accepting this Appointment Heineman said:"I want to thank Governor Pillen for putting his trust in me. An Appointment to the Senate bears huge responsibility and I will with the best of my abilities serve the best interests of Nebraskans". Heineman reiterated during his Speech that he will not run for a Full Term and will leave it to the Voters of Nebraska to make that Choice next year.
PRESIDENT STANTON
United States

« Reply #71 on: September 11, 2022, 05:28:50 PM »
« Edited: September 11, 2022, 08:24:00 PM by PRESIDENT STANTON »

Thursday, February 6, 2025: Jimmy Kimmel, hosted a surprise guest. Former Vice President, Kamala Harris on his show. While the former Candidate for President in last year's election was more than happy to engage in small talk, regarding her current activities, she would not be drawn on her thoughts of the DeSantis Administration, and when asked by Kimmel if she was considering a run for Governor of California next year. Harris commenced to cackle uncontrollably, before collecting herself and suggested to Kimmel, "Wait and see". On Fox and Friends, the following morning, Brian Kilmeade panned Harris's performance, especially her laughing, "Now we know why America said NO to the former Vice President last year! It's that laugh, amongst other things"

The Palmetto State, gets a new Senator: Friday February 7, 2025: With much fanfare, South Carolina Governor, Henry McMaster,  announced at around midday on Friday, his choice to replace Tim Scott as South Carolina's next U.S. Senator, in appointing Catherine Templeton, the Governor stated that "Catherine Templeton, represents the best and the brightest for South Carolinian's", also stating that "She will have the distinction of being South Carolina's first woman Senator. Other names that had been bandied about included Former Congressman and onetime Acting White House Chief of Staff, Mick Mulvaney, as well as Congresswoman Nancy Mace . South Carolina will now have two Senate contests next year, as well as a Governor's contest. Henry McMaster is term limited and speculation concerning a run for Governor by Mick Mulvaney can't be ruled out.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #72 on: September 11, 2022, 05:54:37 PM »
« Edited: September 11, 2022, 06:02:28 PM by 2016 »

CNN BREAKING NEWS
PRESIDENT DESANTIS INTENDS TO NOMINATE UNITED STATES COURT OF APPEALS JUDGE FOR THE 11TH DISTRICT BARBARA LAGOA AS ATTORNEY GENERAL CNN HAS LEARNED

Jake Tapper: This is just in: CNN has just learned that President Ron DeSantis intends to nominate Judge Barbara Lagoa of the United States Court of Appeals for the 11th District as his Attorney General. Let's go over quickly to Kaitlan Collins.

Kaitlan Collins: That's right Jake! We just received this News. This is obviously not a big surprise as the President needed someone who can safely sail through the Senate Confirmation. It is interesting to note that Lagoa, if confirmed, would only be the 2nd Woman ever to assume the Office of Attorney General after the late Janet Reno during the Clinton Administration. She would also the 1st Cuban Hispanic Woman to hold that Office. We're also learning that the President intends to nominate Noel Rodriguez as Deputy Attorney General.
I am told there will a News Announcement tomorrow evening in the East Room of the White House. Back to you!
Junior Chimp

« Reply #73 on: September 11, 2022, 06:00:50 PM »

@President Stanton,
A little bit more of a proper Announcement is required here, don't you think Wink. This is HISTORY mate. Never has a Cuban Hispanic Women being nominated for that Post.
PRESIDENT STANTON
United States

« Reply #74 on: September 11, 2022, 06:02:54 PM »

CNN BREAKING NEWS
PRESIDENT DESANTIS INTENDS TO NOMINATE UNITED STATES COURT OF APPEALS JUDGE FOR THE 11TH DISTRICT BARBARA LAGOA AS ATTORNEY GENERAL CNN HAS LEARNED
Noel Francisco!
Jake Tapper: This is just in: CNN has just learned that President Ron DeSantis intends to nominate Judge Barbara Lagoa of the United States Court of Appeals for the 11th District as his Attorney General. Let's go over quickly to Kaitlan Collins.

Kaitlan Collins: That's right Jake! We just received this News. This is obviously not a big surprise as the President needed someone who can safely sail through the Senate Confirmation. It is interesting to not that Lagoa, if confirmed, would only be the 2nd Woman ever to assume the Office of Attorney General after the late Janet Reno during the Clinton Administration. We're also learning that the President intends to nominate Noel Rodriguez as Deputy Attorney General.
I am told there will a News Announcement tomorrow evening in the East Room of the White House. Back to you!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 19  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies