Russia-Ukraine war and related tensions Megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 05:15:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Russia-Ukraine war and related tensions Megathread
« previous next »
Thread note
ATTENTION: Please note that copyright rules still apply to posts in this thread. You cannot post entire articles verbatim. Please select only a couple paragraphs or snippets that highlights the point of what you are posting.

Pages: 1 ... 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 [1058] 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 ... 1172
Author Topic: Russia-Ukraine war and related tensions Megathread  (Read 929601 times)
bilaps
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26425 on: October 10, 2023, 11:55:11 AM »

Dismissing Deepstate as just “one side” is pretty ignorant seeing as even pro-Russian trolls like Woodbury admitted DS is probably one of if not the best on the ground sources for the war. In addition Ukraine is posting vids of the attacks being repulsed so far and unlike the Russians there hasn’t been any evidence these vids are just months old recordings being used now as propaganda

Ok, let's see what happens and then revisit this post of yours.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #26426 on: October 10, 2023, 02:21:34 PM »

Orcs didn’t seem to have a good day 😁. (Also the last link is because it’s the only tweet I found about a vid going around tg I saw)
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #26427 on: October 10, 2023, 03:51:07 PM »
« Edited: October 10, 2023, 03:54:31 PM by John Dule did nothing wrong »

I don't think this is controversial, but any new military aid to Israel should be contingent on the new aid package to Ukraine passing.

Absolutely not . Aid to either nation should not be made contingent on aid to the other .
Why not? It forces the Putin simps into a concern and tbh Ukraine needs the help more than Israel

Israel is equally as important as Ukraine so no

Whether or not they are equally important has no bearing on the fact that Ukraine needs more help than Israel.

If Israel falls , there literally would be no Jewish nation left on the planet and the humanitarian consequences for Jews would be even worse than if Ukraine had fallen .

Anyway I think both Israel and Ukraine should be funded but people like Forumlurker should stop acting like it would be ok to defund Israel because no it would not be
It would be considering they are holding fine on their own anyways and have spent the past decade invading West Bank and besieging Gaza. This is not Ukraine, Israel has been an antagonist in this for years as well and it’s pure propaganda to say otherwise. The closest you could get with Ukraine is their admittedly questionable treatment of Russophones in the past, but that is akin to Israel’s equally questionable treatment of civilian Arabs, problematic but not at all cutting funds worthy. But invading another land with illegal settlements at your own security risk? That’s a threat to not just you but our standing.
I wouldn’t do such a move right now if in charge for other reasons (it would be a foreign policy self own) but there is nothing morally wrong with us cutting funding of it actually were convenient.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #26428 on: October 10, 2023, 04:00:24 PM »

I don't think this is controversial, but any new military aid to Israel should be contingent on the new aid package to Ukraine passing.

Absolutely not . Aid to either nation should not be made contingent on aid to the other .
Why not? It forces the Putin simps into a concern and tbh Ukraine needs the help more than Israel

Israel is equally as important as Ukraine so no

Whether or not they are equally important has no bearing on the fact that Ukraine needs more help than Israel.

If Israel falls , there literally would be no Jewish nation left on the planet and the humanitarian consequences for Jews would be even worse than if Ukraine had fallen .

Anyway I think both Israel and Ukraine should be funded but people like Forumlurker should stop acting like it would be ok to defund Israel because no it would not be

I support a two state solution, however, while there is no chance Israel will fall, there is also no safer place for Jews than the United States. The maternal side of my family has been here for four generations and they did quite well.

But like I said, Israel is not going anywhere so your scenario is laughable.
WalterWhite
United States
Political Matrix
E: -9.35, S: -9.83

P
« Reply #26429 on: October 10, 2023, 04:43:05 PM »

All of this discussion about Palestine and Israel is interesting, but where is the thread for updates on the Russian invasion of Ukraine?
oldtimer
Greece

« Reply #26430 on: October 10, 2023, 04:50:26 PM »

All of this discussion about Palestine and Israel is interesting, but where is the thread for updates on the Russian invasion of Ukraine?
That's basically last year's news.

Practically nothing has changed there for months.
Red Velvet
Brazil

« Reply #26431 on: October 10, 2023, 04:50:40 PM »

As I said before, no one cares anymore. There’s a hotter topic in town to get people’s “good-hearted” solidarity - one that is way more critical and that directly touches Western material interests.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #26432 on: October 10, 2023, 05:03:10 PM »

Wow Deepstate is now confirming the Russian offensive attempt at Avdiivka was repulsed and Rybar claim of gains was bs. Who could of saw that coming 🙄
https://t.me/DeepStateUA/17797
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #26433 on: October 10, 2023, 05:07:07 PM »

As I said before, no one cares anymore. There’s a hotter topic in town to get people’s “good-hearted” solidarity - one that is way more critical and that directly touches Western material interests.
The discussion about Israel got started because Biden and the Senate want to tie a 100 billion dollar aid package for Ukraine to Israel aid so the Putin simp crowd can’t use what’s happening in Israel to screw over Ukraine. But sure no one cares anymore 🤡
Red Velvet
Brazil

« Reply #26434 on: October 10, 2023, 05:16:08 PM »

The discussion about Israel got started because Biden and the Senate want to tie a 100 billion dollar aid package for Ukraine to Israel aid so the Putin simp crowd can’t use what’s happening in Israel to screw over Ukraine. But sure no one cares anymore 🤡

You’re basically agreeing with me that there’s no national consensus or energy on Ukraine anymore, it’s such a dead weight that you need to associate it and tie it to a whole different and hotter thing in order to gather the necessary support.

I don’t think this Israel vs Palestine will last as much though.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #26435 on: October 10, 2023, 05:25:43 PM »
« Edited: October 10, 2023, 07:00:26 PM by Hindsight was 2020 »

You’re basically agreeing with me that there’s no national consensus or energy on Ukraine anymore, it’s such a dead weight that you need to associate it and tie it to a whole different and hotter thing in order to gather the necessary support.

Um the House trying to screw over Ukraine has nothing to do with national consensus or energy and has to do with the far right freaks that Kevin embolden. Like seriously you’re going to argue the Jim Jordan’s and Lauren Boebert‘s of the world are trying to screw over Ukraine because of some type of strong domestic support for it? Lol These people tried to overturn an election they lost by 8 million votes and cut Obamacare when overwhelmingly public opinion was against it, their actions have nothing to do with domestic attitudes (fwi the overwhelming majority still support arming Ukraine)
Red Velvet
Brazil

« Reply #26436 on: October 10, 2023, 08:52:19 PM »

Um the House trying to screw over Ukraine has nothing to do with national consensus or energy and has to do with the far right freaks that Kevin embolden. Like seriously you’re going to argue the Jim Jordan’s and Lauren Boebert‘s of the world are trying to screw over Ukraine because of some type of strong domestic support for it? Lol These people tried to overturn an election they lost by 8 million votes and cut Obamacare when overwhelmingly public opinion was against it, their actions have nothing to do with domestic attitudes (fwi the overwhelming majority still support arming Ukraine)

That’s not what the polls show for Republican voters. If those were in favor, the far-right freaks you mention wouldn’t go against it with the establishment right gradually joining in. They are falling in line with the far-right because they see it as the populist opinion amongst their electorate.

Polls are showing big polarization between Democrat Voters and Republican Voters on the issue, so it doesn’t come of as a surprise that both sides can often feel like being in a bubble.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #26437 on: October 10, 2023, 09:00:28 PM »

That’s not what the polls show for Republican voters. If those were in favor, the far-right freaks you mention wouldn’t go against it with the establishment right gradually joining in. They are falling in line with the far-right because they see it as the populist opinion amongst their electorate.

Polls are showing big polarization between Democrat Voters and Republican Voters on the issue, so it doesn’t come of as a surprise that both sides can often feel like being in a bubble.
So you’ve gone from “no one cares anymore” to “well like republicans don’t support it”
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #26438 on: October 11, 2023, 07:52:34 AM »

It’s really amazing how over a year since the invasion that Russia still does dumb stuff like this
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #26439 on: October 11, 2023, 04:54:33 PM »

So Biden is going to do Ukraine, Israel, Taiwan, and Boarder funding all in one bill request
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/white-house/white-house-israel-ukraine-taiwan-border-funding-supplemental-request-rcna119930
kelestian
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -2.39, S: 1.48

« Reply #26440 on: October 11, 2023, 05:37:21 PM »

Is there enough Republican support for this? Theoretically, few votes are enough, but pro-Putin wing is getting more and more vocal.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #26441 on: October 11, 2023, 08:23:49 PM »

hell ya they're gonna teach the Axis of Evil a lesson, GLOBAL FREEDOM AND DEMOCRACY shall never perish !
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #26442 on: October 11, 2023, 08:50:24 PM »

○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #26443 on: October 11, 2023, 11:15:38 PM »

Seems like they're preparing for this to be an endless war.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #26444 on: October 11, 2023, 11:24:58 PM »

Is there enough Republican support for this? Theoretically, few votes are enough, but pro-Putin wing is getting more and more vocal.
Yes, as the Republican opposition is mainly just for show
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #26445 on: October 12, 2023, 06:03:19 AM »

I’m shocked that Deepstate turned out to be right! But I was told by serious people that he’s no different from Rybar 🙄

Man even Julian is dunking on the orcs lol
bilaps
« Reply #26446 on: October 12, 2023, 06:46:02 AM »

Lol, you're claiming you were right even though:

There was initial success which has not been reversed north of Avdeevka (you were claiming no gains)

It's still ongoing

First tweet you posted is of no significance, no evidence, hear-say etc.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #26447 on: October 12, 2023, 06:57:35 AM »
« Edited: October 12, 2023, 07:04:32 AM by Hindsight was 2020 »

If you want to treat ^this^ slight expansion of greyzone as a gain worth bragging about at the lost of 15 tanks and 30 IFV and possibly hundreds of troops be my guest lol. 

Edit: Also Ukrainian troops are very open on their on the ground reports when things are bad so Dmittri’s report is definitely valuable evidence that matches what all available evidence shows
bilaps
« Reply #26448 on: October 12, 2023, 07:25:43 AM »

First of all no credible Russian sources claimed capture of Stepove or fighting inside Berdichi. They claimed advances there, but the main claim was capturing waste dump hill which is a solid gain given it's importance and fortification. Roepcke doesn't negate that.

Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #26449 on: October 12, 2023, 07:34:33 AM »

You have been criticizing me for citing Deepstate and you’re turning around and citing Suriyak of all people?
Pages: 1 ... 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 [1058] 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 ... 1172  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies