DC Unrest Megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 02:29:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  DC Unrest Megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 ... 197
Author Topic: DC Unrest Megathread  (Read 272089 times)
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1250 on: January 06, 2021, 07:00:11 PM »

And all it took was madmen taking congress hostage.

What brave brave woman.

As much as the GOP is mostly dirtbags, I kind of respect this because politicians never admit they are wrong. 

They do, but it's usually in a supervillain-henchman kinda way: "There were....regrettable actions taken."
NYSforKennedy2024
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1251 on: January 06, 2021, 07:00:14 PM »

Rep. Jamaal Bowman calls for the impeachment of Trump:

politics_king
United States

« Reply #1252 on: January 06, 2021, 07:01:02 PM »

They need to impeach this crazy son of a b**** now!
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1253 on: January 06, 2021, 07:01:24 PM »

Rep. Jamaal Bowman calls for the impeachment of Trump:

KING
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1254 on: January 06, 2021, 07:01:57 PM »

These are the tweets that were deleted:

Mike Pence didn’t have the courage to do what should have been done to protect our Country and our Constitution, giving States a chance to certify a corrected set of facts, not the fraudulent or inaccurate ones which they were asked to previously certify. USA demands the truth!

a video, you can see it here:
https://twitter.com/UnfollowTrump/status/1346946986365378563

These are the things and events that happen when a sacred landslide election victory is so unceremoniously & viciously stripped away from great patriots who have been badly & unfairly treated for so long. Go home with love & in peace. Remember this day forever!

Seems like a bad idea to go all out against Pence right now.  He's the cleanest way to get a federal pardon.  But you do you Trump.
Mike88
Junior Chimp
Portugal

« Reply #1255 on: January 06, 2021, 07:03:12 PM »

It seems that Congress will continue the counting of votes after 8 or 9PM tonight. Chambers are being cleaned. From PBS.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1256 on: January 06, 2021, 07:03:25 PM »

Democrats will have complete power in two weeks, if they do not use every ounce of it to eradicate this then they have failed our country and are also unfit for office.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1257 on: January 06, 2021, 07:03:37 PM »

Remember, Susie thought that Trump had "learned his lesson".

Interlocutor is just not there yet
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.04

« Reply #1258 on: January 06, 2021, 07:03:41 PM »
« Edited: January 06, 2021, 07:14:48 PM by Monstro Believed in a Blue Georgia (and a Blue Texas) »

D.C. police are complicit.

not surprised

Really? I'm dumbfounded. Absolutely shocked.

Like this would have happened for an instant for any antifa Riot or BLM protest.

That's exactly why I'm not "absolutely shocked". Especially when it comes to the increasingly right-wing MAGA rhetoric within law enforcement.

Hell, 100% of my social media feeds is strictly about how obvious it was that law enforcement would barely lift a finger on MAGAheads storming the capitol, compared to the military-style response of BLM protests of the last decade.

If you're "absolutely shocked" by law enforcement's response in this, you haven't been paying attention.
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -5.91

P P P

« Reply #1259 on: January 06, 2021, 07:03:49 PM »

Is Fuzzy still gonna get pissy over being called a fascist despite supporting fascists and voting for them?
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1260 on: January 06, 2021, 07:05:41 PM »

Look at these disgraceful comments: https://rrhelections.com/index.php/2021/01/06/capitol-hill-violence-open-thread/#comment-636599. If anyone thought the minds and hearts of many Trump voters would be changed by what happened today, think again. Already, they're blaming the media, Democrats, "left-wing" activists, and other targets of the right for what happened today.
Never Made it to Graceland
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« Reply #1261 on: January 06, 2021, 07:06:36 PM »

Remember, Susie thought that Trump had "learned his lesson".

F*** Maine forever for not sending this trashbag to the landfill.
Interlocutor is just not there yet
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.04

« Reply #1262 on: January 06, 2021, 07:06:40 PM »

Look at these disgraceful comments: https://rrhelections.com/index.php/2021/01/06/capitol-hill-violence-open-thread/#comment-636599. If anyone thought the minds and hearts of many Trump voters would be changed by what happened today, think again. Already, they're blaming the media, Democrats, "left-wing" activists, and other targets of the right for what happened today.

Please don't link or mention that drivelous site on here
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #1263 on: January 06, 2021, 07:06:45 PM »

Is Fuzzy still gonna get pissy over being called a fascist despite supporting fascists and voting for them?

He'll probably just run with OANN's party line that the rioters were actually disguised Antifa/BLM plants or some such nonsense.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #1264 on: January 06, 2021, 07:07:00 PM »

I believe I’ve mentioned here before that I lived in DC for a bit while going to grad school. And I remember whenever I walked by a place like the Capitol thinking, “Man, I live in the safest city in the world.” Cops everywhere, barricades everywhere, military presence known to be nearby at all times.

Apparently that was all just an illusion...
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1265 on: January 06, 2021, 07:07:14 PM »

Twitter has locked Trump's account for 12 hours:

jaymichaud
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 3.10, S: -7.83

« Reply #1266 on: January 06, 2021, 07:07:24 PM »

I've been working and didn't look at my phone for 4 hours. What the absolute f**k. This is so insane and outrageous. You can protest whatever you want for whatever reason, but even if you're on the right you cannot excuse this behaviour. You especially can't shame the other side for turning a blind eye to rioting and looting and do something like this. What on earth were people thinking, I'm just in total shock at what i'm seeing.
Darthpi – Anti-Florida Activist
darthpi
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.87

P P P
« Reply #1267 on: January 06, 2021, 07:08:31 PM »

About damn time.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1268 on: January 06, 2021, 07:09:10 PM »

A thousand times this. There is no such thing as a decent Trump supporter and there hasn't been for a long time. They are deplorable scum. Every. Single. One. Of. Them.

That's not how this works.

It starts from the top. It starts with a man so deluded that he can't accept defeat, and is willing to propagate dangerous lies to people who know no better than to believe because they've been conditioned to do so.

Everyone had their own reasons for supporting Trump, including myself once upon a time, but the hardcore cultists have been brainwashed. Day in and day out, by media echo chambers, by their elected officials casting doubt on an election outcome and by every single person of influence who cast aside logic and reason to curry favor with people who have been suckered by this cult of personality.

Some of them, I assume, are bad people. But most of them are hopelessly, sadly, deluded by a president who has taught them to redefine reality by his warped standards.

This is the GOP's fault. This is OANN's fault. But to blame every person who cast a vote for Trump is, (and I HATE using this comparison because it's lazy), tantamount to disparaging the character of every person who supported Hitler because they were deluded to believe he was the right thing for their country.

We're not talking about Trump voters views in retrospect. Any Trump voter who doesn't at this point forward regret having voted for him - - I won't even get into the fact that this should have been a parent and a decision made numerous numerous times over the last five years - - deserve every level of scorn and derision that traitors deserve. Likewise, any Republican who doesn't want to see the nearly 200 members of Congress plus whatever Governor's, state representatives, Etc who actively Aid and abet Trump's inciting this attempted coup, is likewise just as guilty.

In short, if today any Trump supporter or Republican who regrets there prior support for Trump, as well as the 98% of Republicans who cuddled and encouraged him, want to see the Republican party truly change, that is really, honestly, and absolutely cleanse itself of trumpism and all the authoritarian anti-democratic Cult of Personality thuggery involved with it, then kudos to them.

Anything short of that, f*** you and the horse you rode in on, traitor.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1269 on: January 06, 2021, 07:09:39 PM »

Please don't link or mention that drivelous site on here

Why should we not be aware of what these people are thinking? We must be cognizant of their views, because that will provide us a way to fight against what they promote in the future.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1270 on: January 06, 2021, 07:10:26 PM »

A thousand times this. There is no such thing as a decent Trump supporter and there hasn't been for a long time. They are deplorable scum. Every. Single. One. Of. Them.

There's no such thing as a decent Republican, even if they believe themselves to be a 'Never Trump' Republican. The entire party is complicit by this point, there's no supporting any Republican without supporting Trumpism. These people don't have to become lefties and liberals, but no matter your political outlook, you can't have a shred of decency and still believe you can find a home in the Republican party.

I will disagree and say that the true never trumper's like George will, David from, and to a lesser extent even Mitt Romney, all deserve praise.

But let's not forget, that faction of the party is literally barely 10%, if that.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1271 on: January 06, 2021, 07:10:54 PM »

Never Made it to Graceland
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« Reply #1272 on: January 06, 2021, 07:11:55 PM »

Now what will the Krassensteins do with their time?
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1273 on: January 06, 2021, 07:12:16 PM »

Now what will the Krassensteins do with their time?

They have already retired.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #1274 on: January 06, 2021, 07:12:22 PM »

It's about f___ing time.
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 ... 197  
« previous next »
Jump to: