Virginia Mega Thread: The Youngkin Administration
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 06:15:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Virginia Mega Thread: The Youngkin Administration
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 104 105 106 [107] 108 109 110 111 112 ... 284
Author Topic: Virginia Mega Thread: The Youngkin Administration  (Read 352147 times)
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2650 on: October 29, 2021, 08:24:41 PM »

Literally a week ago Republicans were complaining that "parents" should be able to protest school board hearings because something something first amendment.  But now they are appalled by peaceful demonstrators with torches.  Of course, there was little to no outrage regarding the actual Tiki torch rioters in Charlottesville.  No Virginia voters actually care about this political back and forth nonsense.  That will be made clear in a few days.

No one cares about your takes either but here we are.

You speak for everyone?  Not really interested in your opinion on anything.  Why don't you go back to hoping Youngkin wins Prince William?

Dude I live here and see how much worse things have gotten for my county with Dems in control.

This is your "take":

absolutely pathetic and disgusting.  
The irony of you calling anything pathetic or disgusting after literally being a apologist for a white supremacist false flag...

In what world are you living.

I'm really not going to waste any more of my time on your drivel.  Thanks but ignore you go with the democracy hater!

Blocking is "the result of no viable argument".. anyway, you're a complete lunatic who is siding with a organization that has harboured paedophiles and as we know staged white supremacist false flags.

This is rich coming from someone who voted for a President that called white supremacists, "very fine people."
Provide me with a direct quote that he said directly white supremacists were very fine people.

https://www.politifact.com/article/2019/apr/26/context-trumps-very-fine-people-both-sides-remarks/

Reporter: "The neo-Nazis started this. They showed up in Charlottesville to protest --"

Trump: "Excuse me, excuse me. They didn’t put themselves -- and you had some very bad people in that group, but you also had people that were very fine people, on both sides. You had people in that group. Excuse me, excuse me. I saw the same pictures as you did. You had people in that group that were there to protest the taking down of, to them, a very, very important statue and the renaming of a park from Robert E. Lee to another name."

WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -0.35

« Reply #2651 on: October 29, 2021, 08:24:49 PM »

Mods please lock.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2652 on: October 29, 2021, 08:25:18 PM »

No.. because we need this thread.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2653 on: October 29, 2021, 08:25:23 PM »

Anyone want to take a stab at county level benchmarks for the 2021 VA GOV election?

Odd year elections are weird and Gubernatorial Elections even weirder than Federal Elections on many levels, but curious if any of our Atlas Geeks want to take a stab at what we should be looking at election Night when it comes to performance by party?

Not really an expert at all on VA elections, but would be interesting to see, especially since if past is future, rural counties tend to start reporting results earlier and then NOVA dumps last....

OR will NOVA dump EVs early and then give us some idea of how the night might develop as same-day and late EV votes trickle in?

Atlas Hive--- Thoughts???

I'm not sure, but Dave Wasserman at Cook had this a while back:

A lot of those numbers look strikingly similar to the 2017 actual results.  Fairfax on the Dem side for instance.  Though he increased what Youngkin needs there over what Gillespie got.  But 254,000 for T-Mac seems low.  I'd be really surprised if he doesn't surpass that, unless Election Day turnout is absolutely abysmal.
AncestralDemocrat.
United States

« Reply #2654 on: October 29, 2021, 08:28:44 PM »

Literally a week ago Republicans were complaining that "parents" should be able to protest school board hearings because something something first amendment.  But now they are appalled by peaceful demonstrators with torches.  Of course, there was little to no outrage regarding the actual Tiki torch rioters in Charlottesville.  No Virginia voters actually care about this political back and forth nonsense.  That will be made clear in a few days.

You speak for everyone?  Not really interested in your opinion on anything.  Why don't you go back to hoping Youngkin wins Prince William?

Dude I live here and see how much worse things have gotten for my county with Dems in control.

This is your "take":

The irony of you calling anything pathetic or disgusting after literally being a apologist for a white supremacist false flag...

I'm really not going to waste any more of my time on your drivel.  Thanks but ignore you go with the democracy hater!

Blocking is "the result of no viable argument".. anyway, you're a complete lunatic who is siding with a organization that has harboured paedophiles and as we know staged white supremacist false flags.

This is rich coming from someone who voted for a President that called white supremacists, "very fine people."
Provide me with a direct quote that he said directly white supremacists were very fine people.

https://www.politifact.com/article/2019/apr/26/context-trumps-very-fine-people-both-sides-remarks/

Reporter: "The neo-Nazis started this. They showed up in Charlottesville to protest --"

Trump: "Excuse me, excuse me. They didn’t put themselves -- and you had some very bad people in that group, but you also had people that were very fine people, on both sides. You had people in that group. Excuse me, excuse me. I saw the same pictures as you did. You had people in that group that were there to protest the taking down of, to them, a very, very important statue and the renaming of a park from Robert E. Lee to another name."

No direct mention in that statement that white supremacists are "very fine people".. in fact he later went on to state.

"You’re changing history. You’re changing culture. And you had people — and I’m not talking about the neo-Nazis and the white nationalists — because they should be condemned totally. But you had many people in that group other than neo-Nazis and white nationalists."
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #2655 on: October 29, 2021, 08:30:23 PM »

This is your "take":

No direct mention in that statement that white supremacists are "very fine people".. in fact he later went on to state.

"You’re changing history. You’re changing culture. And you had people — and I’m not talking about the neo-Nazis and the white nationalists — because they should be condemned totally. But you had many people in that group other than neo-Nazis and white nationalists."

Did you read the question? The reporter said the "neo-Nazis started it" and then Trump says you had some bad people in "that group," but also "very fine people" on "both sides," which implies "that group," this is basic reading comprehension.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2656 on: October 29, 2021, 08:30:50 PM »

This is your "take":

You don't owe him a thoughtful response.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2657 on: October 29, 2021, 08:31:46 PM »

Looking forward to in person get out out the vote efforts in Vienna, VA tomorrow!
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2658 on: October 29, 2021, 08:32:07 PM »

I can't wait for the Democrats to win just so they confiscate all of NSV's earnings. I would commit so much voter fraud for whatever politician created that outcome.

I don't think NSV is even that rich, and wealth confiscation is just bad policy in general, look at how well it has worked out, wherever it's been tried.

You just hate poor people.

What do you want? Everyone paying a flat dollar amount in tax regardless of income?

I prefer a fairly progressive tax with low business taxes.
Solid take here, Im not remotely a fan of high business taxes or sales taxes, but think income taxes should should be significantly higher along obv with ending the capital gains loophole.

You could have a 100% tax rate on incomes above 100,000 but it would be useless if there are numerous loop holes or people literally leaving the country or moving their money.

When did I call for a 100% tax rate lol
Im also completely familiar with the laffer curve and agree with it, I just find sales taxes to be inherently regressive and corporate tax to be a poor substitute for proper implementation of personal income taxes over x amount.

The biggest issues are the capital gains and pass through loopholes.  Those aren't even people "working."  The GOP has done a good job of convincing poor people to hate people making a higher salary because that's easy to quantify for low info voters and democracy haters.  But the reality is the people getting away with it the most are business owners and people just living off their stocks and other assets.

I completely agree, I used to work in a local tax/accounting firm that dealt with a lot of small businesses/contractors and always felt they were getting shafted the worst vs other forms of income which just seems counterproductive.

Another thing to point out (to both of you) is that Youngkin is just f***** lying.  On the one hand he says he's going to cut taxes massively.  On the other he says he's going to increase teacher pay, invest more in law enforcement, etc. etc.  Where is that money going to come from?  It's ridiculous.  He's just promising everything to everyone.
Yep I've seen his 20k ads lol

Im slowly losing my mind from the constant va governor/ag/lt gov ads I swear the virginia gov election cycle ads sometimes seem more intense then the presidential race ads in terms of the constant tv presence on my channels

Youngkin owes the entire state of Virginia an apology for making us see his constant idiotic, lying ads for the last 6 months when he could have spent the money on a trip to space like normal billionaires.
AncestralDemocrat.
United States

« Reply #2659 on: October 29, 2021, 08:35:02 PM »

This is your "take":

How exactly is posting a quote that contains none of what he claimed trump to say is a thoughtful response.. anyway, I thought put you put on ignore for supposed 'Qanon trash".

swf541

« Reply #2660 on: October 29, 2021, 08:35:24 PM »

I can't wait for the Democrats to win just so they confiscate all of NSV's earnings. I would commit so much voter fraud for whatever politician created that outcome.

I don't think NSV is even that rich, and wealth confiscation is just bad policy in general, look at how well it has worked out, wherever it's been tried.

What do you want? Everyone paying a flat dollar amount in tax regardless of income?

Solid take here, Im not remotely a fan of high business taxes or sales taxes, but think income taxes should should be significantly higher along obv with ending the capital gains loophole.

You could have a 100% tax rate on incomes above 100,000 but it would be useless if there are numerous loop holes or people literally leaving the country or moving their money.

Im also completely familiar with the laffer curve and agree with it, I just find sales taxes to be inherently regressive and corporate tax to be a poor substitute for proper implementation of personal income taxes over x amount.

The biggest issues are the capital gains and pass through loopholes.  Those aren't even people "working."  The GOP has done a good job of convincing poor people to hate people making a higher salary because that's easy to quantify for low info voters and democracy haters.  But the reality is the people getting away with it the most are business owners and people just living off their stocks and other assets.

I completely agree, I used to work in a local tax/accounting firm that dealt with a lot of small businesses/contractors and always felt they were getting shafted the worst vs other forms of income which just seems counterproductive.

Another thing to point out (to both of you) is that Youngkin is just f***** lying.  On the one hand he says he's going to cut taxes massively.  On the other he says he's going to increase teacher pay, invest more in law enforcement, etc. etc.  Where is that money going to come from?  It's ridiculous.  He's just promising everything to everyone.

Im slowly losing my mind from the constant va governor/ag/lt gov ads I swear the virginia gov election cycle ads sometimes seem more intense then the presidential race ads in terms of the constant tv presence on my channels

Youngkin owes the entire state of Virginia an apology for making us see his constant idiotic, lying ads for the last 6 months when he could have spent the money on a trip to space like normal billionaires.

lol yes, Im not even in Virginia so its even worse, at least its relevant to Virginian voters
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2661 on: October 29, 2021, 08:36:02 PM »

The voters we targetting are on the fence voters.

Good news: Most, if not all, are voting for Ayala, Herring and Keam (Keam is my delegate, I live in Oakton).

Bad news: a lot are more on the fense on Tmac.. saying they are tired of hearing about trump.. say youngkin is a business man, etc..  Most of them will probably vote tmac at the end i hope.

Again, this is not representive of all of Vienna, VA or HD-35 in general but this is what on the fense voters feel say.
AncestralDemocrat.
United States

« Reply #2662 on: October 29, 2021, 08:36:30 PM »

This is your "take":

Did you read the question? The reporter said the "neo-Nazis started it" and then Trump says you had some bad people in "that group," but also "very fine people" on "both sides," which implies "that group," this is basic reading comprehension.
It's basic reading comprehension to see that trump condemned "neo nazis and white supremacists", in the quote I provided to you.. that's all there is to it.

Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2663 on: October 29, 2021, 08:37:03 PM »

lol yes, Im not even in Virginia so its even worse, at least its relevant to Virginian voters

That's doubly painful.  At least ur not getting the texts from his campaign/and other right wing outlets.  Those are real doozies.  Almost as bad as the WV guy's posts here.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #2664 on: October 29, 2021, 08:37:15 PM »

This is your "take":

How exactly is posting a quote that contains none of what he claimed trump to say is a thoughtful response.. anyway, I thought put you put on ignore for supposed 'Qanon trash".

He literally said it at a press conference omg, can you read?
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2665 on: October 29, 2021, 08:38:17 PM »

Recent text from GOP losers:

"VA public schools allow TOXIC books in classrooms & Terry McAuliffe wants to prevent YOU from doing anything about it www.toxicschools.org
Text STOP to opt out"
swf541

« Reply #2666 on: October 29, 2021, 08:38:33 PM »

Good news: Most, if not all, are voting for Ayala, Herring and Keam (Keam is my delegate, I live in Oakton).

Bad news: a lot are more on the fense on Tmac.. saying they are tired of hearing about trump.. say youngkin is a business man, etc..  Most of them will probably vote tmac at the end i hope.

Again, this is not representive of all of Vienna, VA or HD-35 in general but this is what on the fense voters feel say.
Yea honestly my main issue with his campaign is the constant ads comparing Youngkin to Trump, some amount is fine, but he could really have used some more positive ads imo
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #2667 on: October 29, 2021, 08:38:47 PM »

No we don't.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2668 on: October 29, 2021, 08:38:55 PM »

This is your "take":

He literally said it at a press conference omg, can you read?

He obviously can't because he keeps responding to me even though I told him he's on ignore.  LMAO.
swf541

« Reply #2669 on: October 29, 2021, 08:39:39 PM »

That's doubly painful.  At least ur not getting the texts from his campaign/and other right wing outlets.  Those are real doozies.  Almost as bad as the WV guy's posts here.
No instead I get to watch my local elected lunatics trying to secede to west virginia lol
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2670 on: October 29, 2021, 08:39:44 PM »

There is an election coming up.
AncestralDemocrat.
United States

« Reply #2671 on: October 29, 2021, 08:39:48 PM »

Lincoln Project literally admits responsible for white supremacist false flag..

Response - "Qanon Trash !?!!?!!".

Baffling.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2672 on: October 29, 2021, 08:39:53 PM »

Yea honestly my main issue with his campaign is the constant ads comparing Youngkin to Trump, some amount is fine, but he could really have used some more positive ads imo

Agreed.  It's a big mistake.  Anyone who cares about that was already engaged.  He should have focused more on the abortion issue.  A few ads have but not nearly as many as the Trump ads.  Pro-choice is a huge winner in VA and relevant after the TX debacle.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2673 on: October 29, 2021, 08:40:11 PM »

The only people worse than boring, tedious, and extremely predictable trolls are those who don’t put boring, tedious, and extremely predictable trolls on ignore (permanently) and instead allow them to derail the entire thread/board by engaging them in the 'quarrel' that they had always so obsessively sought. He’s not even good at what he does, it’s just that those of you responding to him (especially with this embarrassment of a quote chain) are even more pathetic.
Octowakandi
Octosteel
United States

« Reply #2674 on: October 29, 2021, 08:40:14 PM »

Starting to think Lincoln Project amplified this on purpose to bring attention back to Cville and how racist the GOP is generally.  If so, good move.  The Trumpkintards are no longer talking about education (another losing issue for them nonetheless).
So how confident are you in McAulliffe's victory. Seems like there should, with GOP having no good issues to float on according to, should be anywhere from a fifteen point to an eight point victory. Where do you lie on that spectrum?

I am very confident of a T-Mac victory.  I saw your last post to me was deleted.  Interesting.
Oh yeah, I decided to be nice to you.
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 104 105 106 [107] 108 109 110 111 112 ... 284  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies