Georgia senate seats runoff(s) megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 02:38:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Georgia senate seats runoff(s) megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 ... 226
Author Topic: Georgia senate seats runoff(s) megathread  (Read 267977 times)
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.50

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1525 on: December 29, 2020, 02:33:41 PM »

If Perdue backs the $2k checks, I'm voting for Ossoff. I don't see the point of voting R on the basis of fiscal conservatism if they're not going to even try to be fiscally prudent.

There it is:

Sad it had to come to this, but I guess Ossoff it is. I've frankly lost all respect for Perdue at this point. It's pretty clear he'll do whatever Trump wants regardless of ideology, which is just not what I'm looking for in a Senator.

If Dems win, I also hope they don't interpret the votes of voters like me as a full-sale approval of their fiscal policy. I don't think Dems should jumping so quickly on this more free money for everyone train either. I hope the party remembers this if they want my vote in 2022.

Don’t take this the wrong way but did you have respect for Perdue when he told people to pray for Obama to die?
forsythvoter

« Reply #1526 on: December 29, 2020, 02:39:06 PM »

If Perdue backs the $2k checks, I'm voting for Ossoff. I don't see the point of voting R on the basis of fiscal conservatism if they're not going to even try to be fiscally prudent.

There it is:

Sad it had to come to this, but I guess Ossoff it is. I've frankly lost all respect for Perdue at this point. It's pretty clear he'll do whatever Trump wants regardless of ideology, which is just not what I'm looking for in a Senator.

If Dems win, I also hope they don't interpret the votes of voters like me as a full-sale approval of their fiscal policy. I don't think Dems should jumping so quickly on this more free money for everyone train either. I hope the party remembers this if they want my vote in 2022.

Don’t take this the wrong way but did you have respect for Perdue when he told people to pray for Obama to die?

I do somewhat remember that incident and did find it offensive but it didn't impact policy like this situation does. IIRC, Perdue claimed he was just joking, which is I suppose is believable or not believable depending on the voter.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #1527 on: December 29, 2020, 02:42:39 PM »

There it is:

I do somewhat remember that incident and did find it offensive but it didn't impact policy like this situation does. IIRC, Perdue claimed he was just joking, which is I suppose is believable or not believable depending on the voter.

Personally, given when said incident occurred (the summer of 2016), I always just interpreted it as him being thankful that his time in office was (obviously) coming to an end & that he'd hopefully be replaced by a Republican.
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix

« Reply #1528 on: December 29, 2020, 02:49:04 PM »

There it is:

Personally, given when said incident occurred (the summer of 2016), I always just interpreted it as him being thankful that his time in office was (obviously) coming to an end & that he'd hopefully be replaced by a Republican.
This is the rest of the passage he was quoting
8. Let his days be few; and let another take his office.
9. Let his children be fatherless, and his wife a widow.
10. Let his children be continually vagabonds, and beg: let them seek their bread also out of their desolate places.
11. Let the extortioner catch all that he hath; and let the strangers spoil his labour.
12. Let there be none to extend mercy unto him: neither let there be any to favour his fatherless children.
13. Let his posterity be cut off; and in the generation following let their name be blotted out.
This is implying death. I will give him the benefit of the doubt that time in office is probably what he meant but he should have used a better quote.
compucomp

« Reply #1529 on: December 29, 2020, 02:49:36 PM »

inb4 Atlas says 'populist' rock-solid conservatives in rural GA matter more to Loeffler/Perdue than fiscally responsible Atlanta suburbanites like forsythvoter

This, but unironically. Loeffler and Perdue cannot afford to lose what would otherwise be 100% votes in their favor, except that Trump, Ossoff, and Warnock are essentially waving $100 bills in their face.
roxas11
United States

« Reply #1530 on: December 29, 2020, 04:00:06 PM »
« Edited: December 29, 2020, 04:07:20 PM by roxas11 »

I said it before and I will say it again
Trump is really going out his way to hurt Mitch McConnell lol

At this point its clear that he really does not want this man to be the Senate majority leader any longer
Senator Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: 0.00

P P P
« Reply #1531 on: December 29, 2020, 04:01:32 PM »

Let's go Ossoff and Warnock!
xavier110
United States
« Reply #1532 on: December 29, 2020, 04:07:24 PM »

I said it before and I will it say again

At this point its clear that he really does not want this man to be the Senate majority leader any longer

I think this is all a power game and he hates the power McConnell still wields. He wants to be the only person of power in the GOP.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1533 on: December 29, 2020, 04:18:45 PM »

I think this is all a power game and he hates the power McConnell still wields. He wants to be the only person of power in the GOP.

Of course.  Remember Trump saying in 2016 "I alone can fix it"?  He doesn't want anyone else to be seen as accomplishing something.
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix

« Reply #1534 on: December 29, 2020, 04:35:06 PM »

Probably this and the fact that he’s called Biden the President Elect.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1535 on: December 29, 2020, 04:46:53 PM »

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1343998076084748288

2020 is really proving to be the greatest real-life political drama of all-time.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1536 on: December 29, 2020, 05:16:24 PM »

Frankly, Warnock is doomed.

https://freebeacon.com/2020-election/camper-recounts-abuse-at-warnock-church-camp/?fbclid=IwAR3LN6zxGJRCbMrI_uI22lSnMUg5hxY13XxWZSyRtEIXTrpEHHuvu5g2jn0

https://twitter.com/AnOpenSecret/status/1343672938927685633

https://nypost.com/2020/12/28/warnock-church-camper-opens-up-about-camp-abuse/
BudgieForce
YaBB God

« Reply #1537 on: December 29, 2020, 05:20:11 PM »

Marty beat you to the punch yesterday.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1538 on: December 29, 2020, 05:26:58 PM »

Frankly, lol
Frenchrepublican
Junior Chimp

P P P
« Reply #1539 on: December 29, 2020, 05:40:59 PM »

There it is:

I think you're doing a big error here, this election is not about theoricial principles and conservatism ideology. Obviously giving a big check to everyone, even to the people whose incomes have not been affected by the lockdown measures is stupid, a such measure is poorly targeted and wasteful, but it's also very popular, including in GA, and Perdue has no other choice than backing it (especially with Trump throwing his support behind it). Now you have to think about the post Trump era, about the longer term, and here the difference between a Schumer led Senate and a GOP led one will be huge, if Biden has a dem majority in the Senate you can expect many more wasteful spendings and the public debt would probably jump quickly to +$30 billions (Krugman is already calling for some New Great society programs), if republicans hold the Senate, and even if they are imperfect, they would at least be able to refrain some of these insane spendings from happening
roxas11
United States

« Reply #1540 on: December 29, 2020, 05:48:07 PM »
« Edited: December 29, 2020, 05:51:34 PM by roxas11 »

Wait isnt this same BS that somebody tried to push yesterday lol
even the New york post article you posted was from yeasterday.

Bottom line
this poor attempt at a smear campaign it clearly not getting any real traction or attention outside of the right wing media bubble  and if this is the best you guys can do than it is no wonder that even a far right pollsters like Trafalgar Group is now showing the GOP losing The GA election...

DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #1541 on: December 29, 2020, 05:49:33 PM »

The economy needs money flowing into through spending. Even if not everyone receiving a check has lost income it is good for the economy for those people to spend money too. This "you need to earn it" moralizing needs to end. I'm not saying that no one should work, just that the finger wagging lectures are tiresome.
swf541

« Reply #1542 on: December 29, 2020, 05:51:26 PM »

The economy needs money flowing into through spending. Even if not everyone receiving a check has lost income it is good for the economy for those people to spend money too. This "you need to earn it" moralizing needs to end. I'm not saying that no one should work, just that the finger wagging lectures are tiresome.
roxas11
United States

« Reply #1543 on: December 29, 2020, 06:04:54 PM »
« Edited: December 29, 2020, 06:09:36 PM by roxas11 »

even the crazy fools on predictit are not buying into this poor attempt at a smear campaign since Warnock numbers have been going up all day and Kelly Loeffler numbers has been on the decline.

https://www.predictit.org/markets/detail/6567/Which-party-will-win-the-US-Senate-special-election-in-Georgia-in-2020

BudgieForce
YaBB God

« Reply #1544 on: December 29, 2020, 06:12:01 PM »

I'm not getting my hopes up for either race, but McConnell coming in like Scrooge McDuck and torpedoing any chance of a $2000 stimulus is definitely unhelpful for both republicans.

Loeffler and Perdue do not want the race to become a referendum on McConnell, but he's doing a good job of putting himself at the forefront.
roxas11
United States

« Reply #1545 on: December 29, 2020, 06:16:34 PM »

I'm not getting my hopes up for either race, but McConnell coming in like Scrooge McDuck and torpedoing any chance of a $2000 stimulus is definitely unhelpful for both republicans.

Loeffler and Perdue do not want the race to become a referendum on McConnell, but he's doing a good job of putting himself at the forefront.

That's too bad because Trump clearly wants this a be referendum on McConnell and he seem to be going out of his way to hurt him

he even tweeted support for Bernie filibuster against McConnell
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -0.35

« Reply #1546 on: December 29, 2020, 06:33:06 PM »

Cyrusman
« Reply #1547 on: December 29, 2020, 06:39:50 PM »

What incentive is there for Trump to hurt Mitch McConnell and the Republican Party? Like seriously what incentive or advantage? He’s actively campaigning for Perdue and Loeffler yet wants to hurt Mitch and the senate GOP?
I’m trying to put the puzzle together but I don’t get it
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1548 on: December 29, 2020, 06:45:45 PM »

My friend who was in Pennsylvania taking care of a family issue during the general and too lazy to do a mail-in ballot voted in person for Ossoff/Warnock today. (After I bugged them)
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1549 on: December 29, 2020, 06:50:54 PM »

God, Perdue/Loeffler are so craven. They were railing against the $2000 checks this entire time, and of course only when it became politically expedient for them, they jumped on board. They're not even good at acting as if they aren't terrible.
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 ... 226  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies