IA-Selzer: Trump +7
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 11:12:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  IA-Selzer: Trump +7
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 ... 23
Author Topic: IA-Selzer: Trump +7  (Read 35949 times)
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #300 on: October 31, 2020, 08:09:50 PM »

Ok--- if nobody is gonna say anything intelligent, even after I posted the Sioux City numbers, I'm gonna leave this s**t-storm* meltdown thread and go focus on something more interesting...

The lack of comprehensive discussion involving Iowa on this thread is pitiful in the extreme, especially regarding how and where the votes are actually at in Iowa.

*Show me the Numbers*, "Put up or shut up", this whole thread is virtually lacking in any type of real analysis or discussion, so I will shift my attention elsewhere until we actually get a post which presents real data vs "Op-ED" pieces from various avatars...
Bootes Void
iamaganster123
Junior Chimp
Canada

« Reply #301 on: October 31, 2020, 08:10:12 PM »

Weighting by CD but not education? The f**k?
trump lead maybe larger or smaller, or selzer is no longer a gold standard
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #302 on: October 31, 2020, 08:10:44 PM »

Very distressing. Seeing what Republicans are doing in Texas and beyond to suppress the vote, I don't understand how anyone can vote for them. This is not going to end very well.

Because nobody in their right mind wants Biden lockdowns, taxes and recession.

Biden's economic plan would create more jobs than Trump's.

That's simply not true. The recession is already happening. The stock market crash is a reaction to a probable Biden win. If he actually wins, the stock market is going to reach the levels from the beginning of the COVID crisis, unless a big stimulus package is passed.

I mean, the economy is in deep trouble right now and the people want to elect someone who they think will be worse at handling the economy than his opponent. This is completely illogical to me.

Trump is an incompetent fool who screwed up the Covid response which is causing our current economic problems. If people felt safer they would go out more to restaurants, movies etc. He will be the downfall of America. Perhaps that is why you support him.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -6.09

« Reply #303 on: October 31, 2020, 08:10:52 PM »

Very distressing. Seeing what Republicans are doing in Texas and beyond to suppress the vote, I don't understand how anyone can vote for them. This is not going to end very well.

So that makes it ok to steal an election? Look at what is happening in Texas and what has been happening with the post office. And you endorsed it in the early voting thread. Do you have an excuse for that or are you just a russian troll here to stir up things?

No, of course it's not ok. Do you think I support any of that?
Their efforts to throw out 100k votes will be unsuccessful. I don't even know why they are trying.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #304 on: October 31, 2020, 08:11:10 PM »

Is it true that Selzer changed methodology since their last poll? That seems kind of ...important.

Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #305 on: October 31, 2020, 08:12:02 PM »

The other thing this suggests to me is that if Dems do nonetheless win a trifecta in 2020, after taking care of the immediate/necessary COVID relief legislation etc, when they eventually start on policy legislation the first order of business should probably be immigration reform. Winning the sunbelt in the future is going to be very important for Dems in future elections, and so it is time to try and lock in more Hispanic support, and get more people on the pathway to citizenship and eventually voting in those sunbelt states (most importantly, Texas).

First order of business after COVID/stimulus is healthcare and police reform
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #306 on: October 31, 2020, 08:12:11 PM »

Weighting by CD but not education? The f**k?

That explains why Fink is down 15...
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #307 on: October 31, 2020, 08:12:35 PM »

Is it true that Selzer changed methodology since their last poll? That seems kind of ...important.

They do have a new option for respondents to pick - "prefer not to answer" - that has gotten 5% in the presidential race and 4% in the Senate race.

As with Marist, weighting by education is not the be-all-and-end-all.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #308 on: October 31, 2020, 08:12:41 PM »

Wait, is Trump really leading the youth vote in this poll?

It's a heavily white midwestern state, of course he is.
Stop it. Hillary won the youth vote in Iowa in 2016. There is no way that Trump is winning it this year against Biden.

Wait what? What is the source for that? Exit polls had Trump winning, and an article on the youth vote helping Democrats even cites Iowa as a counterexample to this fact.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -6.09

« Reply #309 on: October 31, 2020, 08:14:14 PM »

That's simply not true. The recession is already happening. The stock market crash is a reaction to a probable Biden win. If he actually wins, the stock market is going to reach the levels from the beginning of the COVID crisis, unless a big stimulus package is passed.

I mean, the economy is in deep trouble right now and the people want to elect someone who they think will be worse at handling the economy than his opponent. This is completely illogical to me.

Trump is an incompetent fool who screwed up the Covid response which is causing our current economic problems. If people felt safer they would go out more to restaurants, movies etc. He will be the downfall of America. Perhaps that is why you support him.

You don't know what you are talking about. Just look at what's going on in Europe. They supposedly handled the COVID response in the right way and they are in such a deep trouble now that they were forced to impose new lockdowns.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #310 on: October 31, 2020, 08:15:21 PM »

This thread is Exhibit A why I'm not going to be looking at Atlas on E-Day
BudgieForce
YaBB God

« Reply #311 on: October 31, 2020, 08:17:05 PM »

They do have a new option for respondents to pick - "prefer not to answer" - that has gotten 5% in the presidential race and 4% in the Senate race.

As with Marist, weighting by education is not the be-all-and-end-all.

Granted, Marist and Selzer both had misses in 2018.
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #312 on: October 31, 2020, 08:18:40 PM »

https://thehill.com/policy/finance/520871-aei-bidens-proposals-would-cut-taxes-for-most-households-in-2021'

https://www.forbes.com/sites/sergeiklebnikov/2020/09/25/biden-democratic-sweep-would-be-best-outcome-for-the-economy-moodys-says/?sh=c12774142838
Devils30
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.06, S: -4.00

« Reply #313 on: October 31, 2020, 08:19:10 PM »

Iowa was 0.4% more Republican than Texas in 2016. Why should anyone be shocked if it's 3-4% more red in 2020??
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #314 on: October 31, 2020, 08:19:59 PM »

You don't know what you are talking about. Just look at what's going on in Europe. They supposedly handled the COVID response in the right way and they are in such a deep trouble now that they were forced to impose new lockdowns.

No, Europe didn't handle it the right way. Certain countries, like Germany, did. South Korea or Singapore are good examples as well. We couldn't even get the basics right, such as our leader telling everyone to put on a mask!

Stockdale for Veep

« Reply #315 on: October 31, 2020, 08:20:06 PM »

Doomer Utopia!

Dems now need a 600000000K lead to win a single House seat in Iowa.

ON Progressive
OntarioProgressive
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -8.70

« Reply #316 on: October 31, 2020, 08:20:22 PM »

This thread demonstrates exactly why calling pollsters "gold standard" is malarkey.

When you put a pollster on a pedestal like this, people will put way too much stock into a single poll. Even people who should know better, such as the kinds of people who are enough into politics to be on a forum of less than 500 people solely about politics.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #317 on: October 31, 2020, 08:21:02 PM »

https://thehill.com/policy/finance/520871-aei-bidens-proposals-would-cut-taxes-for-most-households-in-2021'

https://www.forbes.com/sites/sergeiklebnikov/2020/09/25/biden-democratic-sweep-would-be-best-outcome-for-the-economy-moodys-says/?sh=c12774142838

Yeah, he's full of sh**t about Biden's tax proposals. I got a newsflash, most people don't make more than 400k!
Former Dean Phillips Supporters for Haley (I guess???!?) 👁️
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #318 on: October 31, 2020, 08:21:56 PM »

I said almost two years ago that Finkenauer would be one of the most likely Dem flips.

Firstly, she's not a good candidate. Also there are no major cities in her district (Cedar Rapids doesn't count), not many suburbs, virtually no minorities and it's not particularly well educated. A district like that is not staying Dem in 2020 outside of New England.

But Trump only won here by about 4 points. This district is just like Cheri Bustos’ and Ron Kind’s districts, and neither of them seem in much trouble.

They may not be in trouble now, but if it is a Biden midterm in 2022, Bustos/Kind will be in trouble then. If IL Dems have half a brain, they will draw a ridiculous tentacle from Bustos' district into Chicagoland.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #319 on: October 31, 2020, 08:22:49 PM »

I said almost two years ago that Finkenauer would be one of the most likely Dem flips.

Firstly, she's not a good candidate. Also there are no major cities in her district (Cedar Rapids doesn't count), not many suburbs, virtually no minorities and it's not particularly well educated. A district like that is not staying Dem in 2020 outside of New England.

But Trump only won here by about 4 points. This district is just like Cheri Bustos’ and Ron Kind’s districts, and neither of them seem in much trouble.

They may not be in trouble now, but if it is a Biden midterm in 2022, Bustos/Kind will be in trouble then. If IL Dems have half a brain, they will draw a ridiculous tentacle from Bustos' district into Chicagoland.

There is little need to draw it to Chicago Land, just strip the rurals and add Mcclean county. There isn't even enough room in Chicago land.
RBH

« Reply #320 on: October 31, 2020, 08:24:34 PM »

Greenfield and/or Biden need to release their statewide internals TONIGHT to rebut this. If they don’t, the next 48 hours are going to be a disaster.

how often do we get leaked internals from a top Presidential campaign anyways?

that being said, prepare for a PPP poll to squirt out or something
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #321 on: October 31, 2020, 08:28:57 PM »

Greenfield and/or Biden need to release their statewide internals TONIGHT to rebut this. If they don’t, the next 48 hours are going to be a disaster.

how often do we get leaked internals from a top Presidential campaign anyways?

that being said, prepare for a PPP poll to squirt out or something

There was a "leaked" internal a month ago that showed Biden 3 points behind. Obviously they still think it's competitive otherwise they wouldn't waste his time sending him there a couple of days before the election.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #322 on: October 31, 2020, 08:29:46 PM »

No, but this is a sign that there's likely once again a systemic polling error in the midwest. Biden is gonna really have to hope he locks down AZ, FL and NC.

How can a poll be a sign there’s a systemic polling error? Who’s to say this poll isn’t the one off this time?
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #323 on: October 31, 2020, 08:31:25 PM »

TheLaRocca
United States

« Reply #324 on: October 31, 2020, 08:32:28 PM »

This forum thought for months that Biden was winning Michigan by 15%.

Lmfao.

Ayo this man thinks Trump has a chance in Michigan

He does lol.

I don't think he wins the state but it's going to be close.

I've said Biden +3-4 for months in that state. Only thing saving Biden is the suburbs.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 ... 23  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies