The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 07:41:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX
« previous next »
Thread note
Do not repost count you think may be moderated content here.

Pages: 1 ... 78 79 80 81 82 [83] 84 85 86 87 88 ... 129
Author Topic: The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX  (Read 173177 times)
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2050 on: July 28, 2022, 10:01:17 PM »

For things like this I always try to reserve judgement until the video is released...but this does not sound good to put it mildly. Even if he did reach for the taser that is not justification for deadly force.

OK there is a still frame in the article...and then this bit:

The body camera footage shows that Brooks did not point the Taser toward the officer, and that he let go of it while Hardin reached for his gun.

Not even remotely justifiable.

There is NEVER a justification for an officer to use deadly force. Not even when a suspect is trying to kill them. (Emphasis added)
wesmoorenerd
westroopnerd
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -7.13

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2051 on: July 29, 2022, 03:59:42 AM »

Gaetz should repent and resign.   His foolish insults has cost hundreds, if not thousands, of unborn lives.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2052 on: July 29, 2022, 11:39:30 AM »

Gaetz should repent and resign.   His foolish insults has cost hundreds, if not thousands, of unborn lives.

I'm not sure it's that absurd. I mean, he's half right.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #2053 on: July 29, 2022, 11:49:48 AM »

You cannot unironically wear a MAGA hat and feign innocence.

yeah it's very weird that people are pretending he was falsely accused of racism when he was literally wearing a MAGA hat lmao
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2054 on: July 29, 2022, 02:01:31 PM »

Yes, sure, Russian shelled themselves just like in Donetsk all these years.

I'm not going to talk to russian bot and supporter of genocide. Go f#uck yourself, putin's puppet

Lol, supporter of genocide from a guy who has John Mccain RIP in it's signature

Oh hey, f you too for what is worth.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #2055 on: July 29, 2022, 05:18:10 PM »

Good grief the conservative brain dead hate boners for California I described are so alive and well in this thread. Particularly ironic that the two primary Crashers of California's liberal governance West Coast Intelligentsia immigrant friendly policies leading to economic success are respectively from mississippi, the closest thing America has to a third world, and someone from Portland whom if they took their nose out of their computer and went outside could readily see the success of such policies.
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2056 on: July 29, 2022, 05:25:43 PM »

Good grief the conservative brain dead hate boners for California I described are so alive and well in this thread. Particularly ironic that the two primary Crashers of California's liberal governance West Coast Intelligentsia immigrant friendly policies leading to economic success are respectively from mississippi, the closest thing America has to a third world, and someone from Portland whom if they took their nose out of their computer and went outside could readily see the success of such policies.
Not every post you disagree with is bad.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2057 on: July 29, 2022, 06:12:24 PM »

I mean OSR has a point though, Portland is one of those cities that is much worse off for all the arson and looting and window-smashing and violent rioting that took place with the BLM protests. I know most of the protests were peaceful, but things got very bad in Portland IIRC. And anybody who decided to look at the streets of Portland during the low point probably wouldn't be thanking BLM protesters or progressives.
Vice President Christian Man
Christian Man
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -2.26

P P P

« Reply #2058 on: July 30, 2022, 10:05:24 PM »

As long as there are people like me in this world, the word retarded will never be abandoned.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2059 on: July 31, 2022, 01:02:48 AM »
« Edited: July 31, 2022, 01:11:04 AM by Badger »

I mean OSR has a point though, Portland is one of those cities that is much worse off for all the arson and looting and window-smashing and violent rioting that took place with the BLM protests. I know most of the protests were peaceful, but things got very bad in Portland IIRC. And anybody who decided to look at the streets of Portland during the low point probably wouldn't be thanking BLM protesters or progressives.

Awaiting to hear news of osr and his family moving from Portland any minute now I'm sure.

Seriously though, it's undeniable that Portland has had a not very good year or two. But the whole point of osr's claim was the standard conservative propaganda about California supposedly being a failed state because the idea that a state with a booming economy, massive population growth, and 100 billion budget surplus being run by liberal Democrats promoting liberal social and economic policies it makes their hardwiring frizzle. Over the long term, such policies has turned Portland into a West Coast Dynamo City over the last few decades. But of course the conservative Mantra is it must be a failed City because it and the state are run by Progressive Democratic polices.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #2060 on: July 31, 2022, 01:07:39 AM »

Awaiting to hear news of osr and his family moving from Portland any minute now I'm sure.

You know there are many reasons why many people decide to live in a city and one huge reason is social reasons. The vast majority of my friends and family friends live in Portland(WFH has made this possible), and no matter how much this city declines this city will always be my home and have a place in my heart and I would not like moving out at all.

OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #2061 on: July 31, 2022, 01:11:56 AM »

This is just part of it though:

- Crime has skyrocketed the past three years. Portland used to be known a city with very little violent crime, which is no longer true

- Homelessness has skyrocketed here

- The state basically decriminalized hard drugs in 2020

- Graduation Rates are consistently among the bottom 5 in the country here in Oregon

- Oregon actually ranks as the state with the 2nd lowest median income if you adjust it for cost of living

ETC

Listen I will always love the state of Oregon and love the city of Portland and much of the anger with how things are going comes from that . Watching its decline has saddened me greatly and I hope things can turn around soon
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2062 on: July 31, 2022, 01:12:22 AM »

You know there are many reasons why many people decide to live in a city and one huge reason is social reasons. The vast majority of my friends and family friends live in Portland(WFH has made this possible), and no matter how much this city declines this city will always be my home and have a place in my heart and I would not like moving out at all.

The W in wfh is key here, isn't it?

I rest my case
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #2063 on: July 31, 2022, 01:15:30 AM »

The W in wfh is key here, isn't it?

I rest my case

Actually many of my friends have jobs that were technically in other states but thanks to those companies moving permanently to work from home, they were able to move back in with their families.

I dont have a job that is WFH but I do have one that is reasonably close to home so its not a pain to commute there.

OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #2064 on: August 02, 2022, 10:04:35 AM »

Also holding up Bill “kids are faking being trans to be cool” Maher as a gold standard to be bringing into this area of discussion is quite silly

It's such a dumb premise. Tens of millions people want to see every LGBT person in this country dead, and these jackasses think that coming out gives them social clout? It's delusional.
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -0.87

P P P
« Reply #2065 on: August 02, 2022, 04:29:16 PM »

538 GCB average Republican advantage down to 0.2%. RCP to 0.9%.  I guess we will find out what matters more, the GCB or presidential job approval.

If the theory that a big part of the reason for Biden’s low approval is dissatisfied progressives holds water, then I’d guess the former. Which could mean one of the most underwhelming midterm performances by the opposition in years.
It doesn't hold water. It's pure hackery by people who refuse to accept that polling continues to overestimate democrats egregiously.

Except it didn't in 2018 or even 2014 or really any election without Trump. Sometimes even underestimated Democrats. And the crosstabs support it (terrible Biden approvals among young Democratic voters for instance). Like, some of the very same polls finding Biden deep underwater are also finding Democratic candidates comfortably ahead. Literally the exact same polls, same sample of people saying they disapprove of Biden yet will vote for Democrats. How else do you explain that? It's not "hackery" to logically analyze the numbers instead of just knee jerk dooming.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #2066 on: August 02, 2022, 04:36:42 PM »
« Edited: August 02, 2022, 05:01:05 PM by Alben Barkley »

538 GCB average Republican advantage down to 0.2%. RCP to 0.9%.  I guess we will find out what matters more, the GCB or presidential job approval.

If the theory that a big part of the reason for Biden’s low approval is dissatisfied progressives holds water, then I’d guess the former. Which could mean one of the most underwhelming midterm performances by the opposition in years.
It doesn't hold water. It's pure hackery by people who refuse to accept that polling continues to overestimate democrats egregiously.

Except it didn't in 2018 or even 2014 or really any election without Trump. Sometimes even underestimated Democrats. And the crosstabs support it (terrible Biden approvals among young Democratic voters for instance). Like, some of the very same polls finding Biden deep underwater are also finding Democratic candidates comfortably ahead. Literally the exact same polls, same sample of people saying they disapprove of Biden yet will vote for Democrats. How else do you explain that? It's not "hackery" to logically analyze the numbers instead of just knee jerk dooming.

Yeah, totally did. I mean just look at all these sources from the famously Democrat-leaning RCP showing how far D-skewed the polls were for Dems in those years, and how the phenomenon you described actually worked in those years:

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2014/senate/mi/michigan_senate_land_vs_peters-3820.html

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2014/senate/mn/minnesota_senate_mcfadden_vs_franken-3902.html

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2018/senate/wv/west_virginia_senate_morrisey_vs_manchin-6258.html

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2018/senate/tx/texas_senate_cruz_vs_orourke-6310.html

Also love how you left out the rest of my post in that thread where I completely ripped you a new asshole and tore your entire argument to shreds, bit by bit.

You're a f--king hack. And/or an ignorant fool who doesn't even know what the hell he is talking about.

EDIT: Here's some more from those years, IN PENNSYLVANIA, which is where this whole feud even started!

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2014/governor/pa/pennsylvania_governor_corbett_vs_wolf-3535.html

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2018/senate/pa/pennsylvania_senate_barletta_vs_casey-6312.html

Wow, so totally far off!

Moron.
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2067 on: August 02, 2022, 06:14:57 PM »

I'm gonna wait for the video, but as always, this guy would be alive had he, ya know, not done the things he did the few minutes before he died.  Like last time, I don't know if the cop should have shot him, but I do know it was really stupid to give the cop a good excuse to do it.

Now bring on your best low effort "lolbirtarian" jokes!
Context of the incident in question required.
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2068 on: August 02, 2022, 06:43:08 PM »

Also holding up Bill “kids are faking being trans to be cool” Maher as a gold standard to be bringing into this area of discussion is quite silly

It's such a dumb premise. Tens of millions people want to see every LGBT person in this country dead, and these jackasses think that coming out gives them social clout? It's delusional.
It may be hyperbolic, but at least tens of millions of people hate LGBTQ people(especially the TQ) in this country, and a lot more are apathetic at best.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2069 on: August 02, 2022, 07:11:01 PM »

It may be hyperbolic, but at least tens of millions of people hate LGBTQ people(especially the TQ) in this country, and a lot more are apathetic at best.

Isn’t queer just another word for gay?
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2070 on: August 02, 2022, 07:45:11 PM »

Isn’t queer just another word for gay?

No, its a general word for the entire LGBTQ+ community(one that I usually opt for over LGBTQ+) and includes a lot of identities outside of LGB and T. Asexual and Aromantic people for example. It used to be a slur so IDK how many queer people are okay with nonqueer people using the term.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2071 on: August 04, 2022, 03:51:19 PM »

Regarding whether to vote for TDAS04 vs. Jason Ravensborg.

Ravensborg.

I don't vote for people who consider me an HP.  

Ravensborg's situation is being misrepresented here, btw, and in a way that wouldn't be so if he were a Democrat.

Fuzzy's "contributions" to the thread go downhill from there.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2072 on: August 04, 2022, 05:11:37 PM »

Ravensborg.

Ravensborg's situation is being misrepresented here, btw, and in a way that wouldn't be so if he were a Democrat.

Notice that in all these years on Atlas, he's never said the same about Ted Kennedy.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #2073 on: August 04, 2022, 05:20:09 PM »

Ravensborg.

Notice that in all these years on Atlas, he's never said the same about Ted Kennedy.
Ayy lmao
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -0.87

P P P
« Reply #2074 on: August 04, 2022, 06:03:59 PM »

538 GCB average Republican advantage down to 0.2%. RCP to 0.9%.  I guess we will find out what matters more, the GCB or presidential job approval.

Yeah, totally did. I mean just look at all these sources from the famously Democrat-leaning RCP showing how far D-skewed the polls were for Dems in those years, and how the phenomenon you described actually worked in those years:

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2014/senate/mi/michigan_senate_land_vs_peters-3820.html

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2014/senate/mn/minnesota_senate_mcfadden_vs_franken-3902.html

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2018/senate/wv/west_virginia_senate_morrisey_vs_manchin-6258.html

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2018/senate/tx/texas_senate_cruz_vs_orourke-6310.html

Also love how you left out the rest of my post in that thread where I completely ripped you a new asshole and tore your entire argument to shreds, bit by bit.

You're a f--king hack. And/or an ignorant fool who doesn't even know what the hell he is talking about.

EDIT: Here's some more from those years, IN PENNSYLVANIA, which is where this whole feud even started!

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2014/governor/pa/pennsylvania_governor_corbett_vs_wolf-3535.html

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2018/senate/pa/pennsylvania_senate_barletta_vs_casey-6312.html

Wow, so totally far off!

Moron.
Now do NC-SEN 2014, IA-SEN 2014, KS-SEN 2014, AK-SEN 2014, AR-SEN 2014, LA-SEN 2014, GA-SEN 2014, KY-SEN 2014, SD-SEN 2014, VA-SEN 2014, IL-GOV 2014, FL-GOV 2014, KS-GOV 2014, ME-GOV 2014, MD-GOV 2014, GA-GOV 2014, AR-GOV 2014, OH-GOV 2014, NV-GOV 2014, and VT-GOV 2014.

How about MO-SEN 2018, IN-SEN 2018, FL-SEN 2018, TN-SEN 2018, OH-SEN 2018, WV-SEN 2018 (the polls underestimated Morrissey for almost the whole cycle), FL-GOV 2018, OH-GOV 2018, IA-GOV 2018, OK-GOV 2018, NH-GOV 2018, AK-GOV 2018?

Or have I bored you with how many clear and obvious examples the polls have systematically underrated GOP support? Moron.

And even in the "examples" you provided, Wolf and Manchin both collapsed in polling late in the campaign (they were up by 5ish more for most of the cycle).
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 80 81 82 [83] 84 85 86 87 88 ... 129  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies