Minneapolis cops slowly murder handcuffed man in front of crowd
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 09, 2024, 04:36:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Minneapolis cops slowly murder handcuffed man in front of crowd
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 ... 43
Author Topic: Minneapolis cops slowly murder handcuffed man in front of crowd  (Read 47254 times)
ugabug
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.61, S: -4.35

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #400 on: May 29, 2020, 10:38:51 AM »

This is the best part of the night for me so far:

Donald Trump tries to use a sock to repost the message, gets blocked by Twitter again

Nice to know he is making the best use of his time to tackle the important issues facing America.
Koharu
jphp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.35

« Reply #401 on: May 29, 2020, 10:39:45 AM »

The Boston Tea Party led to the intolerable acts.....

Not reform.....

It's seen as the start of the American revolution in most respects, and has been considered a good thing by Americans despite being the destruction of huge amounts of property.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #402 on: May 29, 2020, 10:40:33 AM »

Tbh the revelation that the cop and George Floyd worked together (and probably knew each other) leads me to believe that this was less an act of random racism/brutality and that the cop had it out for Floyd for some reason. Doesn't make it any less heinous and if anything he should be guranteed the most serious charges in that situation.

Of course, it might also not be the case because maybe they hadn't ran into each other with how many security guards they had.  I'm curious to see if that ends up playing a role.

That doesn't excuse at all the indifference of his colleagues that were present.
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #403 on: May 29, 2020, 10:41:02 AM »

Tbh the revelation that the cop and George Floyd worked together (and probably knew each other) leads me to believe that this was less an act of random racism/brutality and that the cop had it out for Floyd for some reason. Doesn't make it any less heinous and if anything he should be guranteed the most serious charges in that situation.

Wow. So it's worse if it's not racist. Got it.
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #404 on: May 29, 2020, 10:41:31 AM »

Of course, it might also not be the case because maybe they hadn't ran into each other with how many security guards they had.  I'm curious to see if that ends up playing a role.

That doesn't excuse at all the indifference of his colleagues that were present.

The Asian-ish guy on video is his brother in law.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #405 on: May 29, 2020, 10:42:03 AM »

Not reform.....

It's seen as the start of the American revolution in most respects, and has been considered a good thing by Americans despite being the destruction of huge amounts of property.
However do not compare random looters to the Boston Tea party. Maybe the police precint rioters should be similar enough.
. The heroes of the revolution did not try to enrich themselves directly from that act and it was from a massive state owned company. Also said protest was only directed at that company.
Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

« Reply #406 on: May 29, 2020, 10:44:50 AM »

Ahmaud Arbery, George Floyd, police offers killed in Utah. There is going to be mass riots soon everywhere, and COVID might become old news eventually. When they act like uncivilized people and start burning down and looting private property that had nothing to do with this, heavy action must be taken ASAP. Happy to see President Trump and Governor Walz taking heavy action against these rioters.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #407 on: May 29, 2020, 10:48:03 AM »

Hopefully these riots make more voters in MN realise the importance of having politicians who recognise the importance of maintaining law and order, Trump should be able to capitalise on these riots and the more riots happen the better it will be for him electorally, he likely does understand how to use these riots to help him politically I would say, it would be a good way for him to turn away the focus from the virus.

We have 16 pages of comments, and you come here to post this garbage?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #408 on: May 29, 2020, 10:50:32 AM »

Since I can't get the Facebook post option here to work (always "invalid link"), here is a screenshot of a Facebook post that encapsulates my feelings about what's going on.

More "white knights" are the last thing BLM needs right now.
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #409 on: May 29, 2020, 10:52:25 AM »

This is the best part of the night for me so far:

I LOVE IT!
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #410 on: May 29, 2020, 10:54:35 AM »

Not "Asian-ish", he was Asian. His name is Tou Thao of Hmong ancestry.
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #411 on: May 29, 2020, 10:55:21 AM »

Not "Asian-ish", he was Asian. His name is Tou Thao of Hmong ancestry.

Didn't want to be presumptuous if he was Pacific Islander or something.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #412 on: May 29, 2020, 10:57:30 AM »

Not reform.....

Stonewall was also a riot.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #413 on: May 29, 2020, 10:58:02 AM »
« Edited: May 29, 2020, 11:06:19 AM by lfromnj »

https://disrn.com/news/black-business-owner-weeps-after-looters-destroy-his-sports-bar-i-dont-know-what-were-gonna-do

Absolute Tragedy and again anyone here trying to defend looters under the fact they were angry is insane. What about all the black businesses here that are being destroyed?
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #414 on: May 29, 2020, 10:59:44 AM »

To be fair this guy was probably already screwed by the lack of sports and lack of bars.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #415 on: May 29, 2020, 11:03:23 AM »

What’s going on in Minneapolis is horrific, but “moar law and order”, i.e. brutally murdering black people and locking Latinos in cages should be the last message people get from this. Law enforcement has failed us.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #416 on: May 29, 2020, 11:04:24 AM »

"To be fair"?
There is nothing "fair" about what happened to his business.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #417 on: May 29, 2020, 11:04:50 AM »

Since I can't get the Facebook post option here to work (always "invalid link"), here is a screenshot of a Facebook post that encapsulates my feelings about what's going on.

More "white knights" are the last thing BLM needs right now.

Anything beginning with "Dear specific racial group" is going to be crap.
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #418 on: May 29, 2020, 11:07:27 AM »

"To be fair"?
There is nothing "fair" about what happened to his business.
No sh**t.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #419 on: May 29, 2020, 11:12:48 AM »

Not reform.....

Do you anticipate a revolutionary war coming? Is that a good thing?

I want justice through reform, not years of war.

If the goal was justice and reform, the Boston Tea Party was a failure.
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -1.24

« Reply #420 on: May 29, 2020, 11:13:55 AM »

American2020
Côte d'Ivoire

« Reply #421 on: May 29, 2020, 11:15:55 AM »

Obama has spoken.

Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #422 on: May 29, 2020, 11:16:35 AM »

What’s going on in Minneapolis is horrific, but “moar law and order”, i.e. brutally murdering black people and locking Latinos in cages should be the last message people get from this. Law enforcement has failed us.
That's not how it works on places like Long Island. Soft on crime doesn't work either. You have to have a balance.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #423 on: May 29, 2020, 11:18:26 AM »

Food for thought for all those privileged assholes (especially on the left) who are rooting for Trump's reelection.

Cassius
YaBB God

« Reply #424 on: May 29, 2020, 11:19:30 AM »

Two things:

Firstly, how does a bunch of nasty little yobs running riot and smashing up their city advance the cause of equal treatment for black people?

Secondly, any quote that’s been cropped out of context, embossed on a black background and situated next to a solemn looking photo has probably been used and abused to the point at which it’s not worth reading anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 ... 43  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies