Tara Reade Biden allegation megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 08:35:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Tara Reade Biden allegation megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 73 74 ... 97
Author Topic: Tara Reade Biden allegation megathread  (Read 146657 times)
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1700 on: May 02, 2020, 08:51:36 PM »

Does this blurb from today's AP article give the story any legs?

All third hand accounts, years after the alleged event, and they were contacted by her beforehand recently as well. It all stinks.
TrendsareUsuallyReal
TrendsareReal
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1701 on: May 02, 2020, 08:54:13 PM »

Yes, how nice that Republicans suddenly care about sexual assault. No irony lost at all when FOX News goes from covering Tara Reade allegations to suddenly bringing on Jim Jordan in following segments on a constant basis.
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1702 on: May 02, 2020, 09:14:36 PM »

If Reade won't agree to be interviewed on credible platforms, and no harassment complaint exists, then I don't see how this allegation can continue to hold the media's attention unless a new witness (that doesn't doubt her own memory of the incident) will go on the record.

Because the fake news cabal will do anything to make money, manufacture controversy, and draw in viewers.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1703 on: May 02, 2020, 09:16:54 PM »

Yes, how nice that Republicans suddenly care about sexual assault. No irony lost at all when FOX News goes from covering Tara Reade allegations to suddenly bringing on Jim Jordan in following segments on a constant basis.
Yeah, for real. Del Tachi and RedBan, in particular, have exposed themselves as complete and utter jokes.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1704 on: May 02, 2020, 09:39:34 PM »

Any source corroborating sexual harassment is evidence in Biden's column.

Reade is accusing him of sexual assault.  If a source only corroborates harassment, that means Reade did NOT tell them about any assault.

Sexual harassment would also be bad, but
A) that's moving the goalposts
B) Reade has used the term "sexual harassment" to describe the complaint we already knew about, namely, Biden touching her shoulder.  This isn't new information and it's not really sexual harassment in any conventional sense.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1705 on: May 02, 2020, 10:38:05 PM »

pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1706 on: May 02, 2020, 10:44:20 PM »

The first time I read this, I thought this can't be real

ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #1707 on: May 02, 2020, 10:49:59 PM »

What is the relevance of this?
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #1708 on: May 02, 2020, 11:08:13 PM »

What is the relevance of this?

It refers to a simpler time when there were good guys and bad guys, and people felt free to joke around on politics twitter like normal human beings. Now everyone is super uptight and the left is divided into like 10 different factions.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1709 on: May 02, 2020, 11:58:28 PM »

the left is divided into like 10 different factions.

Only 10? Surely you know that it’s actually closer to 950.
MR DARK BRANDON
Liam
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -0.65, S: -1.57

P P P

« Reply #1710 on: May 03, 2020, 12:40:16 AM »

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/tara-reade-cancels-planned-interview-with-fox-news-sunday%3f_amp=true
Clarko95 📚💰📈
Clarko95
YaBB God
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -5.61, S: -1.96

« Reply #1711 on: May 03, 2020, 02:52:07 AM »

Top of Google News this morning:

This has all been an enormous waste of everyone's time.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1712 on: May 03, 2020, 03:46:01 AM »

Have these jokers at the Hill ever heard of the 22nd amendment?
Former Crackhead Mike Lindell
Randall
« Reply #1713 on: May 03, 2020, 03:55:56 AM »

Sorry, I'm sure this subject has been discussed a million times on this forum - but why couldn't Obama serve as Vice President?
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #1714 on: May 03, 2020, 03:57:19 AM »

Uncle Joe deserves credit for taking the high road here. He didn't attack her, said her "story" should be heard and he would urge the national archives to take a look at it. To be honest, I would understand anyone filing a lawsuit against a man or woman who falsely accuses you of something. Just demonstrated how decent he is as a person.
South Dakota Democrat
jrk26

« Reply #1715 on: May 03, 2020, 04:05:38 AM »

Sorry, I'm sure this subject has been discussed a million times on this forum - but why couldn't Obama serve as Vice President?

To be Vice President, you have to be eligible to be President.  Obama is not (term limits).
CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #1716 on: May 03, 2020, 04:26:34 AM »

To be Vice President, you have to be eligible to be President.  Obama is not (term limits).

Also, why would a former president accept an inferior office?? and Biden pledged to pick a woman anyways lmao
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #1717 on: May 03, 2020, 04:36:09 AM »

To be Vice President, you have to be eligible to be President.  Obama is not (term limits).

This is an open question. Probably would need Supreme Court clarification. Some scholars argue, the criteria to be vice president only apply to age, birth and residence. Said criteria were adopted long before the 22nd Amendment became the law of the land. So the question whether a term-limited president could serve as vice president is not answered from a legal standpoint at this point. And it probably never will, because no former two-term president will ever run for the second spot.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1718 on: May 03, 2020, 04:53:52 AM »

Also, why would a former president accept an inferior office?? and Biden pledged to pick a woman anyways lmao

Um, according to the Hill, Biden will drop out, Hillary will replace him and she will choose Obama as her VP.
Former Crackhead Mike Lindell
Randall
« Reply #1719 on: May 03, 2020, 06:59:21 AM »

Two terms, yes, but there's an opening for serving two years of someone else's term, right? So couldn't Obama serve as Vice President indefinitely - while only being able to ascend back to the presidency for a maximum of two years?
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1720 on: May 03, 2020, 09:15:48 AM »

Because, having already served two terms as President, he's not eligible to be President again.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1721 on: May 03, 2020, 09:47:26 AM »

Two terms, yes, but there's an opening for serving two years of someone else's term, right? So couldn't Obama serve as Vice President indefinitely - while only being able to ascend back to the presidency for a maximum of two years?

Yes and no. The limit in the 22nd is very specific: an individual can serve out less than two years of a term to which they were not elected (i.e. succeeding from Vice-President or theoretically some position further down the chain of succession) and doing so does not count for purposes of the 22nd limits. But no one gets elected more than twice, and once you have done so they are not eligible to be elected again.

However, given modern utter disregard for tradition and fondness for "technically legal" loopholes, there is a hole you can potentially fly an airliner through. The 22nd explicitly says, 'elected'. The 12th explicitly says, "constitutionally ineligible to the office of President shall be eligible to that of Vice-President of the United States". Now, I read that as "if you can't be elected as President, you can't be elected as VP either". But there are hair-splitters who hold that 'eligible' and 'elected' aren't the same thing, so that an already two-term President could be elected as VP (or even approved as a replacement VP by Congress) and then succeed a President who resigns.

pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1722 on: May 03, 2020, 09:52:10 AM »

Yes and no. The limit in the 22nd is very specific: an individual can serve out less than two years of a term to which they were not elected (i.e. succeeding from Vice-President or theoretically some position further down the chain of succession) and doing so does not count for purposes of the 22nd limits. But no one gets elected more than twice, and once you have done so they are not eligible to be elected again.

However, given modern utter disregard for tradition and fondness for "technically legal" loopholes, there is a hole you can potentially fly an airliner through. The 22nd explicitly says, 'elected'. The 12th explicitly says, "constitutionally ineligible to the office of President shall be eligible to that of Vice-President of the United States". Now, I read that as "if you can't be elected as President, you can't be elected as VP either". But there are hair-splitters who hold that 'eligible' and 'elected' aren't the same thing, so that an already two-term President could be elected as VP (or even approved as a replacement VP by Congress) and then succeed a President who resigns.

This topic has nothing to do with this thread.

Please go to/make a different thread.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1723 on: May 03, 2020, 10:07:24 AM »

I literally can't keep up with all of her stories. She says there is a complaint, but then she said there isn't a complaint and she chickened out - she tweeted that it involved assault and harrassment and then she said she doesn't now what it contains. She said she knows where it would be and then says it would be somewhere else. I feel like it's been nonstop back and forth of changing stories just over the past 48 hours.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1724 on: May 03, 2020, 10:11:40 AM »

Only 24% of Democrats view a record of sexual assault as disqualifying for a potential president? WTF?

Trump's numbers, for context.
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 73 74 ... 97  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies