Tara Reade Biden allegation megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 09:26:37 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Tara Reade Biden allegation megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 72 73 ... 97
Author Topic: Tara Reade Biden allegation megathread  (Read 148172 times)
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1675 on: May 02, 2020, 04:11:08 PM »

also watching Greenwald go into Reade's replies to argue with absolute nobodies is hilarious

Imagine that there was a period of time when this clown was considered a leading voice of American progressivism.

Pre-Snowden Greenwald was pretty good, all things considered. I think he's gone off the deep end and it's sad, though the same could be said off the people who think he's a Useful Idiot for the Kremlin (if not paid by Putin himself!).

There is no doubt in my mind that the guy is funded by Putin. I can't explain otherwise how a gay man, who ostensibly cares so much about civil liberties and freedom of expression, has such a boner for a dictator who criminalized homosexuality and routinely assassinates dissidents.

[citations f-cking needed]

You are aware of Greenwald's situation in Brazil, yes? And there's no doubt in my mind that...nevermind, you're not worth insulting.
Roblox

« Reply #1676 on: May 02, 2020, 04:14:46 PM »

also watching Greenwald go into Reade's replies to argue with absolute nobodies is hilarious

Imagine that there was a period of time when this clown was considered a leading voice of American progressivism.

Pre-Snowden Greenwald was pretty good, all things considered. I think he's gone off the deep end and it's sad, though the same could be said off the people who think he's a Useful Idiot for the Kremlin (if not paid by Putin himself!).

There is no doubt in my mind that the guy is funded by Putin. I can't explain otherwise how a gay man, who ostensibly cares so much about civil liberties and freedom of expression, has such a boner for a dictator who criminalized homosexuality and routinely assassinates dissidents.

Ok I understand not liking Greenwald but people calling everyone with different opinions a Russian agent is getting grating.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1677 on: May 02, 2020, 04:15:40 PM »

[citations f-cking needed]

You are aware of Greenwald's situation in Brazil, yes? And there's no doubt in my mind that...nevermind, you're not worth insulting.

What kind of citation you need? The guy was the most prominent promoter of the theory thar Russia's 2016 intervention was a Democratic hoax. He constantly defends Putin every time he is attacked by the West for human rights violations. It's not like he is subtle about it.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1678 on: May 02, 2020, 04:18:17 PM »

Ok I understand not liking Greenwald but people calling everyone with different opinions a Russian agent is getting grating.

Who said he is an agent? He is a useful idiot. Putin also funded Golden Dawn in Greece and National Front in France, and nobody ever said that Mihaloliakos or Marine LePen were Russian agents.
Roblox

« Reply #1679 on: May 02, 2020, 04:19:20 PM »

Who said he is an agent? He is a useful idiot. Putin also funded Golden Dawn in Greece and National Front in France, and nobody ever said that Mihaloliakos or Marine LePen were Russian agents.

You said he is "funded by Putin" lol.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1680 on: May 02, 2020, 04:21:29 PM »

And? Did you even read the post you quoted?
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #1681 on: May 02, 2020, 04:23:20 PM »

Biden just gave an interview with Al Sharpton. Again, I think he did well. He reiterated that all assault claims should be investigated and that the truth is the most important thing. And he said the truth in this case is that these claims are false.
Roblox

« Reply #1682 on: May 02, 2020, 04:27:18 PM »

Yes. Doesn't change my opinion.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1683 on: May 02, 2020, 04:34:59 PM »

Anyway, I'm increasingly suspicious of Reade, even though Biden does have an established pattern of making women feel uncomfortable. But there's a qualitative difference between weird and kinda gross handsy behavior from "Uncle Joe" and sexual assault, and while the former is problematic and shouldn't be condoned by any means, it does not make Biden a rapist and I'm angry at the Bernie Dead-Enders who have taken this  flimsy story and run with it (to what end??).

At the same time, some of Biden's supporters have responded to this story in a way that reflects poorly on them, and yes, that does undercut MeToo.
We Live in Black and White
SvenTC
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.81, S: -6.82

« Reply #1684 on: May 02, 2020, 05:13:54 PM »
« Edited: May 02, 2020, 07:19:30 PM by ON Progressive »

I'm not even jumping into this argument, but you literally called Greenwald an agent of Putin.
Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1685 on: May 02, 2020, 05:20:15 PM »

I see Lyndon has taken a solid, quality thread and defecated into it again. Very shocking.
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #1686 on: May 02, 2020, 05:24:50 PM »

This is what Tara Reade wrote last year. Now all of a sudden this year, Biden physically groped/raped her. Yeah, not buying it. Biden mostly likely was just being weird/creepy but he's not a sexual assaulter.

SOURCE: https://www.theunion.com/opinion/columns/alexandra-tara-reade-a-girl-walks-into-the-senate/
💥💥 brandon bro (he/him/his)
peenie_weenie
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1687 on: May 02, 2020, 05:27:42 PM »

I see Lyndon has taken a solid, quality thread and defecated into it again. Very shocking.

More like Lyndon defecated into a thread which already looked and smelled like a toilet.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1688 on: May 02, 2020, 05:35:27 PM »

Ryan Grim, Nathan Robinson, The Intercept, and the rest of that crowd should never be taking seriously again.

The Intercept actually has some good stories, and they stained themselves if this allegation is false.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #1689 on: May 02, 2020, 05:53:28 PM »

This is a political season with a shorten primary no political rallies and candidates want campaign contributions on line. This is the first time that this will happen. We dont know what effect it will have. Trump is the incumbent but the EC map favors Dems just like it did in 2016 and those swing middle class females, females outnumber men 55 to 45 will have to be a jury of the conduct of Trump with COVID 19 and Biden sex abuse
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1690 on: May 02, 2020, 06:00:06 PM »

The stupidity of Bernie bros is a sight to behold.

A trumper posted that.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #1691 on: May 02, 2020, 06:06:05 PM »

In light of today's events, I would like to apologize for being such a worrywart with my posts from yesterday in this thread. I am breathing a bit of a sigh of relief (albeit a cautious one) that within one day this story, which had flipped the election on its head, looks to be rapidly losing legitimacy.

If Reade is going to continue being inconsistent with her story, she isn't going to end up getting much more mainstream coverage if the content she provides them with, like her AP interview, ends up getting contradicted shortly after. If this continues the story may very well fizzle out as quickly as it gained traction. Perhaps Reade will become a pariah within the Me Too movement as an example of that proverbial woman who embellishes or fabricates an allegation for petty or spiteful reasons. She has done a great disservice to the movement if this allegation is as flimsy as it seems. I don't know if this will be enough to stop the right and the purist internet left from continuing to weaponize it, but to offset how they are trying to reinforce Biden's perceptions as being a creep, it may backfire and he could end up looked at sympathetically or as being vindicated by this. And that's especially in contrast to Trump and the GOP who have always been complete hypocrites on this and always talk about women trying to ruin the lives of men above all else, yet prop up what may be that type situation when it's against an adversary of theirs.

This whole thing has been a complete mess, but thankfully it may not be one that continues too much longer in the mainstream...ideally. I'm still always going to have that little voice in my brain that tells me to expect the worst though, so I'm not entirely secure that something like this won't happen again at a worse time in the election. We'll see though. I don't like the uncertain feelings I had yesterday.
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1692 on: May 02, 2020, 06:22:04 PM »

Anyway, unless a significant new development in favor of Reade emerges, this story is dead in the water.

It's probably going to take a few days for the MSM to catchup though.
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #1693 on: May 02, 2020, 07:32:28 PM »
« Edited: May 02, 2020, 07:41:18 PM by #Klobmentum »

Something that kind of bugs me. At some point during the campaign, Warren came out and said she was sexually harassed by a colleague when she worked at a college in New Jersey. She also spoke at his funeral. I remember plenty of people on the left(and right) calling her a liar and that she was making things up. Just seems hypocritical how some of these same people are lifting up Reade.

Edit: I'm not trying to put down Reade. Just kind of depressed thinking about Warren.
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1694 on: May 02, 2020, 07:44:58 PM »

Something that kind of bugs me. At some point during the campaign, Warren came out and said she was sexually harassed by a colleague when she worked at a college in New Jersey. She also spoke at his funeral. I remember plenty of people on the left(and right) calling her a liar and that she was making things up. Just seems hypocritical how some of these same people are lifting up Reade.

Edit: I'm not trying to put down Reade. Just kind of depressed thinking about Warren.

They are delusional Bernie Bros who are hoping that Biden would be forced to step aside and somehow Sanders would end up with the nomination.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #1695 on: May 02, 2020, 08:21:58 PM »

TBH I can't keep up with this story anymore, it's like a soap opera that changes the plot every episode with a new twist
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #1696 on: May 02, 2020, 08:31:22 PM »

Does this blurb from today's AP article give the story any legs?

BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #1697 on: May 02, 2020, 08:32:58 PM »

Dont think so. I saw a reporter from the NYT's say that they had already spoken to these anonymous sources for their article a month ago.
LimoLiberal
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.71, S: -4.00

« Reply #1698 on: May 02, 2020, 08:39:38 PM »

Are these the same anonymous sources articles have been referencing for weeks? Or are they new ones?
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1699 on: May 02, 2020, 08:40:55 PM »
« Edited: May 02, 2020, 08:45:54 PM by #Bidenworth2020 »

Are these the same anonymous sources articles have been referencing for weeks? Or are they new ones?
Same people, I believe.

PS-- gotta love how limo jumps into the thread when there might be something bad for Biden but steers clear when she changes her story 2 times In a day lol
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 72 73 ... 97  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies