Mini Tuesday results thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 06:19:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Mini Tuesday results thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40
Author Topic: Mini Tuesday results thread  (Read 48676 times)
Lisa's voting Biden
LCameronAL
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.75, S: -3.83

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #825 on: March 11, 2020, 12:16:53 AM »

Madison County, ID, home of BYU-Idaho, flipped to Biden at the last minute by six votes.
You love to see it, folks!
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #826 on: March 11, 2020, 12:17:33 AM »

Madison County, ID, home of BYU-Idaho, flipped to Biden at the last minute by six votes.
Would the college even be much of a presence in a democratic primary considering it is Mormon and as such probably about 90-10 Republican?
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #827 on: March 11, 2020, 12:19:23 AM »

Would the college even be much of a presence in a democratic primary considering it is Mormon and as such probably about 90-10 Republican?

In my experience, young Mormons are quite fed up with the GOP and many are Bernie fans, even if they hold relatively conservative views on a number of issues.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #828 on: March 11, 2020, 12:23:10 AM »

Sanders leads 47.5-39.3 in ND with 63% reporting.
Lisa's voting Biden
LCameronAL
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.75, S: -3.83

« Reply #829 on: March 11, 2020, 12:24:23 AM »

Only 21% of Atlas predictions got Biden winning Idaho. Congratulations.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #830 on: March 11, 2020, 12:28:13 AM »

It looks like almost everything that's reported in ND is from the western part of the state. If there's an east-west split similar to SD 2016, then it's possible Biden could still win the state on the strength of Fargo/Grand Forks. Otherwise, Sanders may not be shut out completely.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #831 on: March 11, 2020, 12:29:32 AM »

It looks like almost everything that's reported in ND is from the western part of the state. If there's an east-west split similar to SD 2016, then it's possible Biden could still win the state on the strength of Fargo/Grand Forks. Otherwise, Sanders may not be shut out completely.
He probably wins Cass by a decent margin, based on the results out of Bismarck. I might go so far as to say that, with the information we have, he is favored.
TrendsareUsuallyReal
TrendsareReal
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #832 on: March 11, 2020, 12:30:30 AM »

Here’s to hoping Sanders stays in through Wisconsin clinging to the non-thread of a ND win and a tiny lead in Washington (which will probably evaporate in a few days)
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #833 on: March 11, 2020, 12:32:21 AM »

Many on the left were hoping Bernie 2020 could be Reagan 1980 in follow up to his 2016 being Reagan 1976.

Problem is Reagan in the years in between elections, build bridges with much of the establishment(not just the Western Establishment but GOP one as a whole) and by the time he ran for President in 1980 he had most of the endorsements.

Sorry Ronald Reagan is not on the ballot within the Western United States in Primaries, let alone in any General Election.

Trying to do a '20 (let alone a '16) DEM PRIM vs '76/''80 PUB PRIM in Western States is a bit odd to say the least....

I remember Ronald Reagan.... Ronald Reagan was our President in '84... I grew up in a "broken home" and by the age of (14) was ordering West Point publications in rebellion against my "Boomer Parents" while meanwhile massive cuts were happening to social programs under the Reagan era in Oregon with on the highest states of Unemployment after Wave 2 of the "Reagan Recession"...

Old Skool 'Pub, take a look at the '88 DEM PRES MAP carefully and you will see what indicated the final collapse of Republican Presidential Support in Oregon, not to mention Oregon effectively becoming an overwhelmingly DEM State at the FED Level (Regardless of what appears to be consolidation at the Statewide Level in terms of OR-GOV, OR State House & Senate Races...

Ronald Reagan is a fictional ghost among many 'pubs, who realistically was a crap PRES, and essentially indirectly caused OR to become a SAFE DEM STATE when it comes to US-SEN & US-HOUSE races.... probably not the best place to discuss OR Politics, so we can take it to another room, but wanna talk election results fine, but jumping into a thread an posting statements, which at least in my particular perspective appear to be not only odd, but additionally irrelevant seems a bit strange.

That being said, I could easily see Biden winning Hillsboro and similar places in Washington County and upper $$$ places West Multnomah, where HRC did quite well in '16, parts of ClackCo, Upper-Income precincts down in Lane, Benton, & Jackson Counties.....

Bringing Ronald Reagan into a DEM PRIM thread might make your optics appears as a bit of a "Reagan Robot", although I understand this is not your intent, and quite frankly believe you are a decent poster overall.... Smiley
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #834 on: March 11, 2020, 12:33:00 AM »

Here’s to hoping Sanders stays in through Wisconsin clinging to the non-thread of a ND win and a tiny lead in Washington (which will probably evaporate in a few days)
I want to win that race as much as the next guy, but is it really worth protracting a primary fight for another 6 weeks?
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #835 on: March 11, 2020, 12:36:59 AM »

Many on the left were hoping Bernie 2020 could be Reagan 1980 in follow up to his 2016 being Reagan 1976.

Problem is Reagan in the years in between elections, build bridges with much of the establishment(not just the Western Establishment but GOP one as a whole) and by the time he ran for President in 1980 he had most of the endorsements.

Sorry Ronald Reagan is not on the ballot within the Western United States in Primaries, let alone in any General Election.

Trying to do a '20 (let alone a '16) DEM PRIM vs '76/''80 PUB PRIM in Western States is a bit odd to say the least....

I remember Ronald Reagan.... Ronald Reagan was our President in '84... I grew up in a "broken home" and by the age of (14) was ordering West Point publications in rebellion against my "Boomer Parents" while meanwhile massive cuts were happening to social programs under the Reagan era in Oregon with on the highest states of Unemployment after Wave 2 of the "Reagan Recession"...

Old Skool 'Pub, take a look at the '88 DEM PRES MAP carefully and you will see what indicated the final collapse of Republican Presidential Support in Oregon, not to mention Oregon effectively becoming an overwhelmingly DEM State at the FED Level (Regardless of what appears to be consolidation at the Statewide Level in terms of OR-GOV, OR State House & Senate Races...

Ronald Reagan is a fictional ghost among many 'pubs, who realistically was a crap PRES, and essentially indirectly caused OR to become a SAFE DEM STATE when it comes to US-SEN & US-HOUSE races.... probably not the best place to discuss OR Politics, so we can take it to another room, but wanna talk election results fine, but jumping into a thread an posting statements, which at least in my particular perspective appear to be not only odd, but additionally irrelevant seems a bit strange.

That being said, I could easily see Biden winning Hillsboro and similar places in Washington County and upper $$$ places West Multnomah, where HRC did quite well in '16, parts of ClackCo, Upper-Income precincts down in Lane, Benton, & Jackson Counties.....

Bringing Ronald Reagan into a DEM PRIM thread might make your optics appears as a bit of a "Reagan Robot", although I understand this is not your intent, and quite frankly believe you are a decent poster overall.... Smiley

You are misunderstanding my post, Reagan in the sense of going from an insurgent candidate to a realigning figure which Bernie also wanted to do.

Reason Reagan did that was cause he built bridges with the people who opposed him in 76 while Bernie burned them even further.

GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #836 on: March 11, 2020, 12:37:19 AM »

Yeah, Biden wins WA by about 5 unless the results so far are randomly mixed. Not surprised to see some of the gloating and rubbing it in, though I wish some people could see that they’re acting exactly like the “Bernie Bros” that they claim are so terrible. Honestly, might be time for me to take a break from this site, at least until the hate boners for Sanders start to go away.

Did you hear Biden's speech tonight.
He wants and needs you and the other Bernie supporters to defeat trump come November.
He is being inclusive to all/everyone.

I haven’t watched his speech, but I’ve never accused Biden of being divisive. And yes, I’ve said many times before that I’ll vote for Biden in November, but going forward, I’m not sure I belong in a party with many voters openly hostile to Sanders and all of his supporters (yes, some just go after the Twitter crowd, but many are perfectly fine generalizing) and not even recognizing that the negativity coming from them is hurting the party.
I am sorry, but should the same not be expected of Bernie supporters? They are the ones who are screaming that "Biden has dementia" and essentially helping out Trump to the best of their ability. Now I understand that Biden's supporters have been a bit show offish, but is this not but a reaction to the fact that Bernie, according to his own words, is (or was) literally going for a hostile takeover of the party?

I’ve never defended Sanders supporters who were assholes to other people. Never. All I’m asking is that we not only go after the toxic folks on one side.

Name me a toxic narrative being relentlessly driven by Biden supporters and I will wholeheartedly condemn it.

For instance I've always condemned the "life expectancy of a 78-year old man with a heart attack is 2 years" talking point.  It's really disgusting to use the potential death of a candidate, or implied physical weakness, for political gain.

I've also condemned the accusations that Sanders is a misogynist or a racist.  He clearly isn't.  He is blind to these issues and does not consider them sufficiently important, which is why he has repeatedly failed to win the black vote, but that is a political failing, not a personal or moral one, and to suggest otherwise is just a really cheap shot.

These are the only two narratives from my side that I feel have gotten any sort of prominence, though.  Other than that, all the examples people show me are individual, isolated cases.  Yeah, sure, you found one girl who said she won't vote for Sanders.  You found one asshole on Twitter who said he hopes Sanders dies.  You guys have an entire Bernie Or Bust movement, an entire media bubble devoted to attacking establishment Democrats and their supporters, and an entire army of Twitter douchebags who get these conspiracy theories and narratives trending every single day.  There's a little toxicity in every movement, because we're all human.  But only in the Sanders movement is it consistent, relentless, widespread, targeted, and an intentional part of the strategy.

I mean, in just the last 48 hours social media has been drowning in "Biden has dementia", "Biden is physically weak and his campaign is hiding him", "the Democratic establishment is rigging the primary", all sorts of DNC-debate conspiracy theories, and a whole mountain of Bernie-or-Bust stuff.  All of it pushed and promoted by a huge media sphere, outlets such as TYT, Chapo Trap House, The Intercept, and so forth.  Outlets that have no qualms about copy-and-pasting talking points and doctored videos directly from the Trump War Room and injecting them into the "progressive" bloodstream.

This is what I'm seeing and it's like 2016 all over again.  This time, I'm hoping, will be much better because the race is wrapping up three months earlier.  But I'm just sitting here watching history repeat itself and it's maddening to have people act like Biden supporters are doing anything remotely equivalent.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #837 on: March 11, 2020, 12:37:36 AM »

These results have me wondering what the 2016 primaries would've looked like if Hillary Clinton had been even a halfway decent candidate.
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #838 on: March 11, 2020, 12:37:38 AM »

Sawx watches the Michigan and Washington results come in, 2020
TrendsareUsuallyReal
TrendsareReal
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #839 on: March 11, 2020, 12:38:11 AM »

I want to win that race as much as the next guy, but is it really worth protracting a primary fight for another 6 weeks?

Since everyone else already knows the primary is over, it shouldn’t have any real effect on the November result unless Sanders goes full kamikaze
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #840 on: March 11, 2020, 12:38:15 AM »

As long as Bernie and his campaign stop attacking Joe Biden then there's nothing wrong with keeping the race going until Biden hits a majority of delegates, probably sometime in mid-April. Of course the campaign is staffed with psychopaths like David Sirota so who knows if they're capable of that.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #841 on: March 11, 2020, 12:39:10 AM »

I'm officially on the No Malarkey train. It's time to come together.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #842 on: March 11, 2020, 12:44:36 AM »

These results have me wondering what the 2016 primaries would've looked like if Hillary Clinton had been even a halfway decent candidate.
And if there hadn’t been a bunch of caucuses propping up Bernie’s weak candidacy.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #843 on: March 11, 2020, 12:47:40 AM »

And if there hadn’t been a bunch of caucuses propping up Bernie’s weak candidacy.

Caucuses also propped up Obama. Without them Clinton probably comes out of Super Tuesday the clear frontrunner.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #844 on: March 11, 2020, 12:49:09 AM »

It was different then. There was this full expectation she would be the nominee early on and then people slowly started realizing her flaws as time went on. Almost everybody back in 2015 and early 2016 thought Hillary was a strong candidate and would pummel Trump in a GE. I don't think primary performance should be linked to general election performance, the priorities of the electorate this time are just different in a way that helps Biden.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #845 on: March 11, 2020, 12:49:20 AM »

Caucuses also propped up Obama. Without them Clinton probably comes out of Super Tuesday the clear frontrunner.

Yeah, after Obama heroically used caucuses to steal the nomination in 2008, we should have abolished them once and for all.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #846 on: March 11, 2020, 12:52:52 AM »

Not to the extent that it propped up Sanders but I agree with the latter.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #847 on: March 11, 2020, 12:55:30 AM »

I'm waking up and Uncle Joe did it again! This is huge, especially when you look at how he's doing with white working-class voters and in the suburbs. If I was on Trump's team, i'd be worried about that.

Now I hope the Democrats can unite to defeat the most inept, corrupt and dangerous president of the modern era. Biden supporters should extend a hand of friendship to the Bernie camp and get for party unity.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #848 on: March 11, 2020, 12:58:31 AM »

In my experience, young Mormons are quite fed up with the GOP and many are Bernie fans, even if they hold relatively conservative views on a number of issues.

Echo RI on this.... 

Been around the block for 45 Years, and the stereotypes of many people of smaller religious minority populations (Mormons, Jews, Muslims, etc...) are not defined by the WASP/Catholic Narrative....

Oregon has a fairly high % of Mormons compared to most other States in the Country, that left MO to flee to the "rear bases" of either the Oregon Territories or the Utah Territories at a time where Religious Persecution was causing massive violence against a religious minority.

Many of y'all don't understand about how deeply the concept of religious persecution framed a certain type of solidarity with other religious minorities, where the "founding fathers" promised freedom from religion, but at the same time what worked for the Puritans doesn't work so well for the rest of us???

The times they are changin' and anybody that believes that "Mormons" are a monolithic Republican voting bloc can just check in with an "OLD GEE" Harry Reid, or hang out with some of my friends and parents who are Gen-Exers and parents that "drop-out" of church teachings awhile back but still believe in a more Progressive Version of the Church....

The Elders are changin' and Utah will start to become interesting as we see a hybrid structure as Millennials fully come on line, with SLC, with an historically heavily Catholic component combined with "Liberal Mormon Voters", the vast majority of whom were 100% behind the FDR New Deal & the Civil Rights Movement in the Deep South....

Pickin' on religious minorities is like shooting fish in barrels, and religious minority populations, although we might be oppressed and stereotyped regardless of some of family Jewish background, versus my Irish Catholic family background, versus....

Apologies for my rant.... was disgusted on the Anti-Romney slurs from 'PUB candidates in '12, didn't agree with his policy positions vs Obama in the GE, but hell at least there were sane PUBs back in the dayz....
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #849 on: March 11, 2020, 01:20:14 AM »

He probably wins Cass by a decent margin, based on the results out of Bismarck. I might go so far as to say that, with the information we have, he is favored.

Where are you seeing results out of Bismarck?

DDHQ has it:

Sanders: 2,987 (47.5%)----    (Burleigh, Ward, Mountrail, Rollette) heavily Sanders--- Biden winning +20% in the Far-east County Richland...

Biden:   2,472   (39.3%)

CNN same margins....

Not seeing anything out of Bismarck or Cass.... missing something???

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies