Mini Tuesday results thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 09:48:54 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Mini Tuesday results thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 ... 40
Author Topic: Mini Tuesday results thread  (Read 50074 times)
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #775 on: March 10, 2020, 11:41:50 PM »

Does anyone else get the vibe that Harry enten, Nate silver, and Dave wasserman aren’t very big fans of sanders?

They are good about keeping things objective, numbers-wise, but I sense a bit of giddiness when they tweet out good news about biden.

I noticed this 4 years ago too. They seemed to favor clinton

well they are all democrats (it seems) and they are pretty convinced Sanders would do much worse than Biden against Trump so to them they view this from the lens of the general election.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #776 on: March 10, 2020, 11:42:04 PM »

Primary is run by the state. You fill out a ballot anonymously and hand it to an election worker. For this you sign a pledge of support for a candidate and hand it to a party official. It's not the same.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #777 on: March 10, 2020, 11:42:16 PM »

Can we all admit that bill weld, for being a former governor, has performed embarrassingly in some of these races?

He got 11% in his home state he was gov of!  

Not even breaking 3% tonight

Hell, some guy running from a jail cell got double digits against obama in some primaries

Part of the problem is that many of these "Never Trumpers" crossed over and voted in DEM Primaries in the '20 Election cycle... Wink
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #778 on: March 10, 2020, 11:45:06 PM »

Sanders wins 54% in Latah County, Idaho (University of Idaho).
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #779 on: March 10, 2020, 11:46:19 PM »

Does anyone else get the vibe that Harry enten, Nate silver, and Dave wasserman aren’t very big fans of sanders?

They are good about keeping things objective, numbers-wise, but I sense a bit of giddiness when they tweet out good news about biden.

They are harassed on the daily by Sanders supporters, especially the ones that are basically MAGA.  I'd expect after five years of bullying, there's a bit of resentment.

Especially because the subject of the bullying is frequently things like "Nate Bronze is always wrong" or "These losers said Clinton had a 70% chance of winning and she lost" or "These dumb establishment shills rig the models to depress turnout, we're going to prove them wrong again."  So when the forecasters turn out to be right after all, they get to feel just a little validated.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #780 on: March 10, 2020, 11:46:34 PM »

Primary is run by the state. You fill out a ballot anonymously and hand it to an election worker. For this you sign a pledge of support for a candidate and hand it to a party official. It's not the same.

Wrong:

You cast your vote anonymously in ND (like in a primary) and also sign a Pledge of Support for the Democratic Party.

That’s something completely different to what you write ...
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #781 on: March 10, 2020, 11:46:41 PM »

Sanders wins 54% in Latah County, Idaho (University of Idaho).

He won Latah County decisively, but lost in two other college town bastions-Washtenaw and Boone Counties, which he carried against Clinton. So mixed results on that front, but overall, a definite drop in his support from last time.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #782 on: March 10, 2020, 11:47:20 PM »

Monmouth's Michigan poll looking really good.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #783 on: March 10, 2020, 11:48:33 PM »

As a map nerd, the possibility of an all blue Michigan county map is pissing me off. Gimme at least a bit of green.

The oddly uniform results within states are something I've been noticing about this cycle. It started with the two New Hampshire Congressional districts voting almost identically and it's continued on in quite a few states from there.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #784 on: March 10, 2020, 11:48:39 PM »

I bet none of us expected this election to be over by early March, and for the 2016 primary to outlast it.
Anti-Trump Truth Socialite JD Vance Enjoying Juror
NYDem
United States Minor Outlying Islands

« Reply #785 on: March 10, 2020, 11:49:00 PM »

If Biden can net TWO VOTES in the last eleven precincts in Ingham County he can sweep the state.
n1240

« Reply #786 on: March 10, 2020, 11:49:29 PM »

Monmouth's Michigan poll looking really good.

Margin might tick up a few points since I'm assuming the Wayne results are missing a lot of Detroit which would help Biden a bit, but they did well in a race where it seemed like everyone was throwing darts
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #787 on: March 10, 2020, 11:49:56 PM »

well they are all democrats (it seems) and they are pretty convinced Sanders would do much worse than Biden against Trump so to them they view this from the lens of the general election.

Enten is a Republican IIRC, or at least he was until Trump won the nomination in 2016. Not sure what he considers himself now.
TrendsareUsuallyReal
TrendsareReal
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #788 on: March 10, 2020, 11:50:23 PM »

I bet none of us expected this election to be over by early March, and for the 2016 primary to outlast it.

2016 was for all intents and purposes over by March
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #789 on: March 10, 2020, 11:51:14 PM »

If Biden can net TWO VOTES in the last eleven precincts in Ingham County he can sweep the state.

A Biden sweep of Michigan's counties would be an absolute humiliation for Sanders, in a state that he was counting on as his "firewall". Say what you will, but the Democratic electorate has made it clear that they don't want him as their nominee. Electability matters to them more than anything else, and understandably so, given Trump.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #790 on: March 10, 2020, 11:51:31 PM »

Yup. Menominee all just came in and Biden won handily. Bernie's lead in Ingham is now down to 2 votes with eleven precincts left. It's going to be a clean sweep for Uncle Joe.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #791 on: March 10, 2020, 11:52:33 PM »

Yeah, Biden wins WA by about 5 unless the results so far are randomly mixed. Not surprised to see some of the gloating and rubbing it in, though I wish some people could see that they’re acting exactly like the “Bernie Bros” that they claim are so terrible. Honestly, might be time for me to take a break from this site, at least until the hate boners for Sanders start to go away.

Did you hear Biden's speech tonight.
He wants and needs you and the other Bernie supporters to defeat trump come November.
He is being inclusive to all/everyone.

I haven’t watched his speech, but I’ve never accused Biden of being divisive. And yes, I’ve said many times before that I’ll vote for Biden in November, but going forward, I’m not sure I belong in a party with many voters openly hostile to Sanders and all of his supporters (yes, some just go after the Twitter crowd, but many are perfectly fine generalizing) and not even recognizing that the negativity coming from them is hurting the party.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #792 on: March 10, 2020, 11:54:18 PM »

Yeah, Biden wins WA by about 5 unless the results so far are randomly mixed. Not surprised to see some of the gloating and rubbing it in, though I wish some people could see that they’re acting exactly like the “Bernie Bros” that they claim are so terrible. Honestly, might be time for me to take a break from this site, at least until the hate boners for Sanders start to go away.

He wants and needs you and the other Bernie supporters to defeat trump come November.

I haven’t watched his speech, but I’ve never accused Biden of being divisive. And yes, I’ve said many times before that I’ll vote for Biden in November, but going forward, I’m not sure I belong in a party with many voters openly hostile to Sanders and all of his supporters (yes, some just go after the Twitter crowd, but many are perfectly fine generalizing) and not even recognizing that the negativity coming from them is hurting the party.

As I've said, we would be better served by a multiparty system.
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #793 on: March 10, 2020, 11:55:21 PM »

As a map nerd, the possibility of an all blue Michigan county map is pissing me off. Gimme at least a bit of green.

The oddly uniform results within states are something I've been noticing about this cycle. It started with the two New Hampshire Congressional districts voting almost identically and it's continued on in quite a few states from there.

I also suspect that once people start breaking things down by precinct or town it will get interesting. The results from both MO and MI suggest that even as Sanders gets swept, he's going to have some very loyal pockets in the various university cities and certain Wayne towns like Hamtramck - they just got outvoted by everything around them.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #794 on: March 10, 2020, 11:56:44 PM »

I am sorry, but should the same not be expected of Bernie supporters? They are the ones who are screaming that "Biden has dementia" and essentially helping out Trump to the best of their ability. Now I understand that Biden's supporters have been a bit show offish, but is this not but a reaction to the fact that Bernie, according to his own words, is (or was) literally going for a hostile takeover of the party?
TrendsareUsuallyReal
TrendsareReal
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #795 on: March 10, 2020, 11:58:17 PM »

I think we can call Idaho. Sanders would have to win the outstanding vote by 25% and nothing tonight suggests he’s capable of that
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #796 on: March 10, 2020, 11:59:29 PM »

I also suspect that once people start breaking things down by precinct or town it will get interesting. The results from both MO and MI suggest that even as Sanders gets swept, he's going to have some very loyal pockets in the various university cities and certain Wayne towns like Hamtramck - they just got outvoted by everything around them.

Not surprising, as these are places dominated by college students and Muslim voters-among his most loyal constituencies. But still, that he lost Washtenaw and Boone is absolutely devastating for the credibility of his campaign.
BP🌹
BP1202
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -9.13, S: -6.00

« Reply #797 on: March 10, 2020, 11:59:29 PM »

The only way forward for the left is to colonize other planets/moons.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #798 on: March 10, 2020, 11:59:48 PM »

NYT called Idaho for Biden.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #799 on: March 10, 2020, 11:59:56 PM »

I think we can call Idaho. Sanders would have to win the outstanding vote by 25% and nothing tonight suggests he’s capable of that
Are you a wizard lmao it just got called by NYT.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 ... 40  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies