Mini Tuesday results thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 26, 2024, 02:10:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Mini Tuesday results thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 ... 40
Author Topic: Mini Tuesday results thread  (Read 50568 times)
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #450 on: March 10, 2020, 08:51:31 PM »

Its called a #Pivottothegeneral.  Every candidate needs to do it.  Biden ran left to appease, but now he needs to unite the NATION, not just the Democratic Party.
Illini Moderate
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: -4.00

« Reply #451 on: March 10, 2020, 08:52:11 PM »

Dems can't win alienating a third of their party. This primary is going to be really hard for Sanders supporters.

So we’re alienating Bernie voters by winning? I guess by that logic Trump alienated 55% of Republicans
LimoLiberal
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.71, S: -4.00

« Reply #452 on: March 10, 2020, 08:52:41 PM »

It's gonna be super close for Bernie and viability in Mississippi. He needs good numbers out of Lafayette and to not crater in the vote remaining from Hinds county (Jackson).
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #453 on: March 10, 2020, 08:53:21 PM »

Its called a #Pivottothegeneral.  Every candidate needs to do it.  Biden ran left to appease, but now he needs to unite the NATION, not just the Democratic Party.

A maxim that is, of course, always true for center-left Democrats and never true for quasi-fascist Republicans.
Starry Eyed Jagaloon
Blairite
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #454 on: March 10, 2020, 08:53:26 PM »

Dems can't win alienating a third of their party. This primary is going to be really hard for Sanders supporters.

no one is alienating sanders supporters.

Except for Biden himself and basically every Biden supporter who are telling us they don’t want our votes?

Citation needed
Literally am currently talking to a group chat full of Biden supporters who are pretty much acting as if Bernie is the “real enemy” and that “yay Bernie supporters are all gone” - they’re pretty much doing everything they can to signal that Bernie supporters aren’t wanted in their sphere of support.
Nope. We're happy our guy won, of course. We're happy Bernie didn't win. That doesn't mean we don't want you in our coalition and aren't willing to work with you.
Lourdes
United States

« Reply #455 on: March 10, 2020, 08:53:33 PM »

I just want to say how proud I am of Bernie and what he's done to push forward bold new ideas in the Democratic party, and I hope his influence is felt for years to come. This primary hasn't turned out the way I would have liked it to, but Biden has evidently won overwhelmingly, and there's no use complaining now with potential Supreme Court appointments, as well as the overall health of our society under the White House's current occupant, all on the line. The most important thing now is to focus our energy on defeating Donald Trump in November, and for that purpose, I'm content with voting for Joe Biden in November.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #456 on: March 10, 2020, 08:54:09 PM »

Except for Biden himself and basically every Biden supporter who are telling us they don’t want our votes?

Citation needed
Literally am currently talking to a group chat full of Biden supporters who are pretty much acting as if Bernie is the “real enemy” and that “yay Bernie supporters are all gone” - they’re pretty much doing everything they can to signal that Bernie supporters aren’t wanted in their sphere of support.

Which is also what the Biden supporters in this thread are doing.

Certainly not all of them, if any.  I've seen multiple Biden supporters post welcoming and inclusive messages to Bernie supporters asking for unity.
SN2903
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: 3.91

P P
« Reply #457 on: March 10, 2020, 08:54:17 PM »

So we’re alienating Bernie voters by winning? I guess by that logic Trump alienated 55% of Republicans
You literally think Biden stealing the nomination from Bernie is going to go over well with them? They literally stacked the deck in a matter of days. 75% of this forum thought Biden was done after Nevada.
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #458 on: March 10, 2020, 08:54:51 PM »

Citation needed

Everyone else is tired of Bernie and his supporters complaining that the system is rigged and he is being cheated out of an election.

Fact of the matter is that Sanders loss because he doesn't appeal to a broad enough coalition.
NYSforKennedy2024
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #459 on: March 10, 2020, 08:55:35 PM »

Oh shut the f**k up, Sayeed.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #460 on: March 10, 2020, 08:55:51 PM »

Its a big tent, but its not THAT big of a tent.  Biden needs to go hard to the center and pick a moderate VP, like a former Republican.

This is an awful idea
Illini Moderate
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #461 on: March 10, 2020, 08:56:19 PM »

Its a big tent, but its not THAT big of a tent.  Biden needs to go hard to the center and pick a moderate VP, like a former Republican.

This is an awful idea

agreed.
O3E
Rookie
United States

« Reply #462 on: March 10, 2020, 08:56:38 PM »

You gotta be trolling right now.
Starry Eyed Jagaloon
Blairite
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #463 on: March 10, 2020, 08:56:43 PM »

What's happening in ND?
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #464 on: March 10, 2020, 08:56:47 PM »

This is an awful idea

Why?  This is why every election is more and more polarized.  The President needs to appeal to the majority of the country.  Not a small, activist circle.
indietraveler

« Reply #465 on: March 10, 2020, 08:56:48 PM »

You literally think Biden stealing the nomination from Bernie is going to go over well with them? They literally stacked the deck in a matter of days. 75% of this forum thought Biden was done after Nevada.

That's not stealing. Please look up definitions of words you don't know.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Slovakia

Political Matrix
E: 1.42, S: 0.35

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #466 on: March 10, 2020, 08:56:51 PM »

anyone with access to NYT or other precinct map want to help a guy out?
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #467 on: March 10, 2020, 08:56:53 PM »

Yep - millions of voters stole the nomination from Bernie!  Talk about a massive ganging-up on him!

The more objective and experienced members of this forum posted repeatedly that the first three contests were NOT representative of the whole primary, and that Biden was likely to do much better once the contests shifted to the South.  Which is what happened.  And then Buttigieg, etc., saw that they had no path to the nomination and got out, which is the sane thing to do.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #468 on: March 10, 2020, 08:57:21 PM »

I'm not even gonna sugar coat it. This feels awful. I've clearly gotten quite emotionally invested in this process and watching it all tumble over like 10 days really hurts. I'm still proud that I volunteered for the first time with Bernie's campaign and I'm gonna do all I can to move a progressive agenda in the future to come. For now though I think I kind of need a break from all this. I'll be back though, and hopefully my input to this community will be more insightful when I'm not as invested in it. I'll see you all soon!

This is a nice post. Good attitude, and I can understand being disappointed after investing your heart and soul into a candidate.
I hope we see you back soon, and please support Biden with a vote in November (versus giving it to trump).
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #469 on: March 10, 2020, 08:57:48 PM »

You gotta be trolling right now.

Lol, yeah.  Because I think Biden is more likely to become President by appealing to the center?  He's already taken enough left-wing stances.  He needs to win the center.  Where general elections are won and lost.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #470 on: March 10, 2020, 08:57:49 PM »

He's done nothing to bring the party together yet.

Trump brought this party together.  What no one saw less than two weeks ago happened in an amazing earthquake.
the GOP is more united than the dems will ever be this year.

True, since you purged yourself down to a good 42% of the electorate. The people Trump drove out of the party are voting for Biden in primaries.
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #471 on: March 10, 2020, 08:58:04 PM »

anyone with access to NYT or other precinct map want to help a guy out?

There are no NYT precinct maps tonight.
Illini Moderate
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #472 on: March 10, 2020, 08:58:15 PM »

Citation needed

We're happy our candidate is winning. Bernie supporters were saying the same thing about Biden pre South Carolina and especially after Nevada
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #473 on: March 10, 2020, 08:58:29 PM »

If he does that then I'm voting Republican and this country can deal with whatever Trump does to it, because it'll be deserved at that point.
SN2903
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: 3.91

P P
« Reply #474 on: March 10, 2020, 08:58:52 PM »

That's not stealing. Please look up definitions of words you don't know.
If those candidates stay in no way Biden is in the lead right now. No chance in hell.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 ... 40  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies