IL-03
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 17, 2024, 10:26:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  IL-03
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 14
Poll
Question: Who will win the IL-03 dem primary?
Dan Lipinski

Marie Newman

Charles Hughes

Rush Darwish

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 109

Author Topic: IL-03  (Read 31601 times)
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: March 17, 2020, 09:06:32 PM »

I miss daddy dan already, I cant even adequately put it into words

Then perhaps "Daddy Dan" shouldn't have been an anti-choice Congressman who thought voting against Obamacare was a good idea.

That’s why I liked him ffs

So wait a minute. You and I both support Joe, who is staunchly pushing expansion of Obamacare to include the public option that the Republicans + Joe Lieberman stanched 10 years ago. Why would you support Biden if voting against Obamacare was so integral to your support of Lipinski? Genuinely confused.

I’m only supporting Biden since he is the best choice out of the bunch, but he is much further to the left than I actually like.

Lipinski is to the left of where Joe Biden was in his first decade in the Senate.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #151 on: March 17, 2020, 09:07:16 PM »

In news that I think all of us can appreciate, noted Neo-Nazi Arthur Jones is pulling only 11% in the Republican primary.

only one worse than marie newman

Oh stop. Roll Eyes

Youre a RINO.

1) Yes, and only because Ohio canceled its primary today. Thus depriving me of the opportunity to cast a ballot for Biden, and officially change my avatar back to red.

2) one need not be a r i n o, or indeed anything more than the most histrionic minority of Lipinski supporters, to claim that a literal neo-Nazi is the only worst candidate on the ballot than Newman. So I repeat: Roll Eyes

That's the definition of a RINO.  Zip it.

And proud of it. Which is why I am happily commenting on DEMOCRATIC primary. Shove it.
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #152 on: March 17, 2020, 09:07:28 PM »

So much for the Democrats being a Big Tent party.

Don't care how often I have to repeat myself on this. Yes, any candidate who is not only adamantly Auntie choice, but a lead Point person in legislating against gay rights for years, votes against Obamacare, refuses to endorse Obama for re-election, is at best Centrist on most other economic issues, AND represents a safely Democratic District to boot, yeah, they're going to fly like a lead balloon and deservedly so.

Additionally, if Lapinski was representing a district in West Virginia, Idaho, or maybe even non Gary or Indianapolis Indiana, relatively few Democrats here would seriously give him much beef.

On a further note, how many Republicans can you point to who are as similarly left-of-center on as many issues that Lipinski is right-of-center on and representing a safely Republican District who is it getting primaried? Please, go on and show me the pro-choice, longtime Pro gay-marriage, pro-obamacare, and generally moderate to right of Center on most other issues Republican who refused to endorse Mitt Romney due to being to extremist, who is also representing an r + 8 District without getting primaried.

I'll wait.
Charlie Baker signed a transgender civil rights bill, a $15 minimum wage, and a tough red flag law.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #153 on: March 17, 2020, 09:07:42 PM »
« Edited: March 17, 2020, 09:11:53 PM by PA is Lean D »

Game, set, and Marie.

RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #154 on: March 17, 2020, 09:07:46 PM »

RIP FF. The Democrats continue their march to perdition.
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #155 on: March 17, 2020, 09:08:08 PM »

So, is it fair to say that even though Newman was endorsed by the Justice Dems, she's not really on their side?  It was more like Stacey Abrams getting endorsed by them?

Yes, I agree with you. Newman is a generic democrat. She’s just the progressive choice when compared to the alternative.
So, she'd be more like Katie Porter, and less like AOC?
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #156 on: March 17, 2020, 09:10:06 PM »

Then perhaps "Daddy Dan" shouldn't have been an anti-choice Congressman who thought voting against Obamacare was a good idea.

So wait a minute. You and I both support Joe, who is staunchly pushing expansion of Obamacare to include the public option that the Republicans + Joe Lieberman stanched 10 years ago. Why would you support Biden if voting against Obamacare was so integral to your support of Lipinski? Genuinely confused.

I’m only supporting Biden since he is the best choice out of the bunch, but he is much further to the left than I actually like.

Lipinski is to the left of where Joe Biden was in his first decade in the Senate.

im talkin bout biden now
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #157 on: March 17, 2020, 09:10:25 PM »

Lipinski would be a Republican if he was representing a tossup district. We have people like Tester, Manchin, and Peterson who are Democrats despite representing solid red states/districts. We ARE the big tent party.
You're calling him a Republican, as if pro-life people aren't welcomed.

You'd be kicking JBE to the curb if you had a magic wand.

That is unadulterated horsesh**t. Even when Edwards signed one of the most restrictive abortion bans in the country, the near Universal consensus among Democrats here was along the lines of: "(grumble). Well it IS Louisiana after all. Hope the courts overrule this..."

You are just factually incorrect hear my friend. Jde is buying large a hero to most Atlas progressives for winning and keeping the Louisiana governorship.
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #158 on: March 17, 2020, 09:11:43 PM »

Folks.

I would like to use this opportunity to apologize for some ill-advised comments I made about Baby boomers earlier on this forum in the heat of passion.

All lives matter. Smile
Catholics vs. Convicts
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #159 on: March 17, 2020, 09:11:47 PM »

Game, set, and Newman.

Sad RIP
LabourJersey
United States

« Reply #160 on: March 17, 2020, 09:12:02 PM »

OK, but virtually all Democrats are more liberal or left-wing now than they were in 1973. That's just the ideological transition of the party. Lipinski is very much behind the curve by about 20 years.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #161 on: March 17, 2020, 09:13:07 PM »

OK, but virtually all Democrats are more liberal or left-wing now than they were in 1973. That's just the ideological transition of the party. Lipinski is very much behind the curve by about 20 years.

Exactly, which is why i expect to end up being a zell miller type in 10 to 20 years ish
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #162 on: March 17, 2020, 09:14:14 PM »

Roll Eyes at red avatars crying over Lipinski.
CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #163 on: March 17, 2020, 09:15:13 PM »

Newman won
Catholics vs. Convicts
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #164 on: March 17, 2020, 09:15:13 PM »

No movement in Chicago votes for a while now. I hope the machine is finding some votes!
W
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.71, S: -8.61

« Reply #165 on: March 17, 2020, 09:15:54 PM »

Newman is an absolute FF and will be the congresswoman IL-03 deserves. My only hope is that with her proving a former loser can win a rematch that we haven't seen the last of Cisneros!
We Live in Black and White
SvenTC
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.81, S: -6.82

« Reply #166 on: March 17, 2020, 09:16:39 PM »

I've been saving my election victory song all f**king primary season long.

Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #167 on: March 17, 2020, 09:17:38 PM »

Noted reb Dan Lipinski
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #168 on: March 17, 2020, 09:18:03 PM »
« Edited: March 17, 2020, 09:22:12 PM by Badger »

Don't care how often I have to repeat myself on this. Yes, any candidate who is not only adamantly Auntie choice, but a lead Point person in legislating against gay rights for years, votes against Obamacare, refuses to endorse Obama for re-election, is at best Centrist on most other economic issues, AND represents a safely Democratic District to boot, yeah, they're going to fly like a lead balloon and deservedly so.

Additionally, if Lapinski was representing a district in West Virginia, Idaho, or maybe even non Gary or Indianapolis Indiana, relatively few Democrats here would seriously give him much beef.

On a further note, how many Republicans can you point to who are as similarly left-of-center on as many issues that Lipinski is right-of-center on and representing a safely Republican District who is it getting primaried? Please, go on and show me the pro-choice, longtime Pro gay-marriage, pro-obamacare, and generally moderate to right of Center on most other issues Republican who refused to endorse Mitt Romney due to being to extremist, who is also representing an r + 8 District without getting primaried.

I'll wait.
Charlie Baker signed a transgender civil rights bill, a $15 minimum wage, and a tough red flag law.

Meh, picking a blue State Governor seems a little bit like a cheat because the voting Dynamics for congressional representation versus an executive oh, and Judgment of their voting record accordingly, are rather different. Not to mention how how much do you want to bet if he new knew had tried to veto these bills he would have been overridden by the legislature in a heartbeat?

Still, I'll give you at least some points for Baker. He only lost over a quarter of the vote to a completely underfunded no name primary Challenger due to his moderation.

How about Larry Hogan? I simply assumed because he's a vaunted moderate in a state like Maryland that he must be pro-choice and pro-gay-rights
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #169 on: March 17, 2020, 09:19:04 PM »

Good riddance to bad trash. A nepotistic dickhead who palled around with Paul Ryan while voting against Obamacare.
We Live in Black and White
SvenTC
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.81, S: -6.82

« Reply #170 on: March 17, 2020, 09:19:13 PM »

Noted reb Dan Lipinski

It's what I play when any election goes the way I want. No special significance. Tongue
Mr. Illini
liberty142
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -3.30

« Reply #171 on: March 17, 2020, 09:19:46 PM »

Another machine relic falls. Bye
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #172 on: March 17, 2020, 09:20:41 PM »

I'll wait.

Meh, picking a blue State Governor seems a little bit like a cheat because the voting Dynamics for congressional representation versus an executive oh, and Judgment of their voting record accordingly, are rather different. Not to mention how how much do you want to bet if he new knew had tried to veto these bills he would have been overridden by the legislature in a heartbeat?

Still, I'll give you at least some points for Baker. He only lost about a third of the votes to a completely underfunded no name candidate due to his moderation.

How about Larry Hogan? I simply assumed because he's a vaunted moderate in a state like Maryland that he must be pro-choice and pro-gay-rights
Yes, forgot about him.  He signed some laws beefing up gun control as well as a ban on conversion therapy.

My point is...the Dems should be able to be tolerant of someone like Lipinski.  This is part of the reason why we're so polarized.
Gracile
gracile
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -7.65

« Reply #173 on: March 17, 2020, 09:21:05 PM »

Some of Will County E-Day came in and Newman just expanded her lead. Stick a fork in Lipinski.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #174 on: March 17, 2020, 09:22:18 PM »

We are a big tent party. Progressives are part of the party, too.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 14  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies