Impeachment Megathread Part 3
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 09:13:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Impeachment Megathread Part 3
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 ... 78
Author Topic: Impeachment Megathread Part 3  (Read 78288 times)
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1525 on: February 01, 2020, 11:39:57 PM »

OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #1526 on: February 01, 2020, 11:49:39 PM »

I was talking to my dad about this and he said you never were gonna get a fair impeachment trial when so much of the country still supports Trump . He said Nixon only went cause his approvals were in the 20s and dropping by the day .

Then he said it might not be the brave decision to do , or honorable but then he said it’s true in real life too when he said most people in general will not choose to uphold their principles over their careers and he said so of course the vast majority of politicians will be like that cause that’s how people are in general .

He said that’s unfortunate but that’s the way how the world works and he said the only way to get more honorable politicians is for polarization to reduce back to where it was till the early 90s. He said as long as you have almost 90% of voters who vote the same way in every federal election no matter what then nothing will change .

He basically said we the people deserve most of the blame for our politics today not the politicians and he said until we recognize that , things will only get worse

I pretty much agree 100%

That is a very good analysis.

Tell your Dad he is spot on. You only have to witness the bitterness and the fervent oppositional stalking of members of this forum to realise he has a strong case.

Some people react quite violently to Republican viewpoints. That is not the fault of Republican politicians.
Bullcrap. OSR has Republican views but he isn’t called out like you because he 1) doesn’t have racist immigration views and 2) isn’t a massive troll who engages in bad faith arguments like you have throughout this thread

It's pretty rich that a guy who has a deliberately anti-white signature is lecturing people on racism.  Or is insulting white folks as a group OK around here.

Perhaps the mods will now moderate your signature.  If this were aimed at literally any other racial or ethnic group, it would be deleted by the mods by now, and rightly so.

Not really , SirWoodbury literally quoted Hitler in his signature and it wasn’t moderated by the mods at all , he changed it cause of backlash from posters on here not cause of moderators .

Also Hindsight isn’t being serious at all with his signature so it’s not racist . If he was being serious yes it would be , but he isn’t . Bill Maher and other comedians make these types of jokes about all types of racial and ethnic groups and he is still liked by those groups cause they know he’s just joking .
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1527 on: February 01, 2020, 11:53:26 PM »

I was talking to my dad about this and he said you never were gonna get a fair impeachment trial when so much of the country still supports Trump . He said Nixon only went cause his approvals were in the 20s and dropping by the day .

Then he said it might not be the brave decision to do , or honorable but then he said it’s true in real life too when he said most people in general will not choose to uphold their principles over their careers and he said so of course the vast majority of politicians will be like that cause that’s how people are in general .

He said that’s unfortunate but that’s the way how the world works and he said the only way to get more honorable politicians is for polarization to reduce back to where it was till the early 90s. He said as long as you have almost 90% of voters who vote the same way in every federal election no matter what then nothing will change .

He basically said we the people deserve most of the blame for our politics today not the politicians and he said until we recognize that , things will only get worse

I pretty much agree 100%

That is a very good analysis.

Tell your Dad he is spot on. You only have to witness the bitterness and the fervent oppositional stalking of members of this forum to realise he has a strong case.

Some people react quite violently to Republican viewpoints. That is not the fault of Republican politicians.
Bullcrap. OSR has Republican views but he isn’t called out like you because he 1) doesn’t have racist immigration views and 2) isn’t a massive troll who engages in bad faith arguments like you have throughout this thread

It's pretty rich that a guy who has a deliberately anti-white signature is lecturing people on racism.  Or is insulting white folks as a group OK around here.

Perhaps the mods will now moderate your signature.  If this were aimed at literally any other racial or ethnic group, it would be deleted by the mods by now, and rightly so.

Not really , SirWoodbury literally quoted Hitler in his signature and it wasn’t moderated by the mods at all , he changed it cause of backlash from posters on here not cause of moderators .

Also Hindsight isn’t being serious at all with his signature so it’s not racist . If he was being serious yes it would be , but he isn’t . Bill Maher and other comedians make these types of jokes about all types of racial and ethnic groups and he is still liked by those groups cause they know he’s just joking .
Thank you!
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #1528 on: February 02, 2020, 12:00:50 AM »

When you have literally nothing valid to say in defense of the Republicans' actions and behavior during this entire impeachment process, try derailing the thread with irrelevant, frivolous complaints about somebody's signature.  Sorry, "avatar".
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1529 on: February 02, 2020, 12:07:47 AM »

When you have literally nothing valid to say in defense of the Republicans' actions and behavior during this entire impeachment process, try derailing the thread with irrelevant, frivolous complaints about somebody's signature.  Sorry, "avatar".

The irony is his attack on it sort of backs up the point it makes.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1530 on: February 02, 2020, 12:13:49 AM »

I know he does this whenever I post in threads. I’m not really exaggerating by comparing it to his infamous Grand Mufti bit
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #1531 on: February 02, 2020, 05:34:48 AM »

I know he does this whenever I post in threads. I’m not really exaggerating by comparing it to his infamous Grand Mufti bit

As a white person, I’m not offended at all by this avatar.

Fuzzy rarely has a legit argument.  Here in particular, I think he knows Trump and his party did wrong but he refuses to admit it because he’s so entrenched.
Frenchrepublican
Junior Chimp

P P P
« Reply #1532 on: February 02, 2020, 12:01:14 PM »

Most of America doesn't care and doesn't even know what impeachment is.

It's actually a pretty popular topic.

Impeachment is such a popular topic that the soap operas usually get 2x higher TV ratings than the trial when shown on the broadcast networks in the afternoon. It's such a popular topic that a Democratic focus group took 80 minutes to even mention the topic, and when they did they dismissed it as partisan nonsense.

Only hyper-partisans care about impeachment.

Are you referring to the focus group on CBS, that was moderated by Frank Luntz? It was an all-female focus group, and every woman at that table, from what I've heard, both Democrats and Republicans, predicted that Trump would win reelection.

No. I'm refering to a Democratic focus group in Chicago run by David Axelrod:

Quote from: The Hill
"Because impeachment didn’t come up, no one volunteered it, for 80 minutes into the focus group, and we’re right in the middle of the trial."

"When it came up, they said, you know, it's terrible what he did, the case has been proven, but we know how it's going to turn out," Axelrod continued. "So we're not really that interested, we're ready to move on."

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/479876-cnns-axelrod-says-impeachment-didnt-come-up-until-80-minutes-into-focus-group

They know how it's going to go, because they know that Republican Senators are members of the Trump cult.

Democratic voters in 2006/2008/2012/2016 : we have to vote these fascist republican senators (aka moderate republican senators like Lincoln Shafee, Gordon Smith Scott Brown, Mark Kirk) out of office because they're a threat to democracy

Democratic voters now : where are all these moderate republican senators who would have once defended the rule of law and democracy ?
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1533 on: February 02, 2020, 12:56:57 PM »

Impeachment is such a popular topic that the soap operas usually get 2x higher TV ratings than the trial when shown on the broadcast networks in the afternoon. It's such a popular topic that a Democratic focus group took 80 minutes to even mention the topic, and when they did they dismissed it as partisan nonsense.

Are you referring to the focus group on CBS, that was moderated by Frank Luntz? It was an all-female focus group, and every woman at that table, from what I've heard, both Democrats and Republicans, predicted that Trump would win reelection.

"Because impeachment didn’t come up, no one volunteered it, for 80 minutes into the focus group, and we’re right in the middle of the trial."

"When it came up, they said, you know, it's terrible what he did, the case has been proven, but we know how it's going to turn out," Axelrod continued. "So we're not really that interested, we're ready to move on."

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/479876-cnns-axelrod-says-impeachment-didnt-come-up-until-80-minutes-into-focus-group

They know how it's going to go, because they know that Republican Senators are members of the Trump cult.

Democratic voters in 2006/2008/2012/2016 : we have to vote these fascist republican senators (aka moderate republican senators like Lincoln Shafee, Gordon Smith Scott Brown, Mark Kirk) out of office because they're a threat to democracy

Democratic voters now : where are all these moderate republican senators who would have once defended the rule of law and democracy ?

Speak for yourself. I've no seen zero reason to believe that any hypothetical Republican old-timers still around would behave any differently from Graham and Alexander.
Nyvin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1534 on: February 02, 2020, 01:13:57 PM »

All of those Senators you listed came from Safe or Likely D states.   Nowadays the only Republican Senator from even a Lean D state is Collins, who voted in favor of witnesses.

The Democratic Senators that replaced them are much better at being honest about Trump's wrong doings.
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #1535 on: February 02, 2020, 03:24:47 PM »

MUH BIPARTISANSHIP

Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #1536 on: February 02, 2020, 03:46:59 PM »

MUH BIPARTISANSHIP

The vowed to immediately impeach Hillary too.

The Lunatic Party.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1537 on: February 02, 2020, 03:50:41 PM »

tHe DeMoCraTs hAvE bEeN iMpEaChiNG tRumP SinCe dAy oNE!
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1538 on: February 02, 2020, 03:59:40 PM »

MUH BIPARTISANSHIP

The Banana Republicans are making it increasingly clear that they want a Republican dictatorship, and will allow a functioning democracy only over their dead bodies.
gottsu
Poland

« Reply #1539 on: February 02, 2020, 04:04:08 PM »

MUH BIPARTISANSHIP

That just left me laughing for few good minutes. This is the state of American public life in 2020.

Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1540 on: February 02, 2020, 04:06:17 PM »

If Biden wins, Republicans won't control the House, therefore no impeachment. Does Joni not understand how the impeachment process works? Lol.
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #1541 on: February 02, 2020, 04:06:23 PM »

Source: Nickelodeon

Hot take: The next Democratic president will be impeached regardless of who it is
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #1542 on: February 02, 2020, 04:10:20 PM »

Joni Ernst is an embarrassment and needs to be voted out. The Trumpist and Tea Party Republican Party needs to suffer at the ballot box, crush and burn the ground be rebuild in a fashion of the Canadian Conservative Party. But I'm not optimistic this will happen in the near future, even if Trump is gone next year.
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1543 on: February 02, 2020, 04:22:18 PM »

gottsu
Poland

« Reply #1544 on: February 02, 2020, 04:23:45 PM »

Joni Ernst is an embarrassment and needs to be voted out. The Trumpist and Tea Party Republican Party needs to suffer at the ballot box, crush and burn the ground be rebuild in a fashion of the Canadian Conservative Party. But I'm not optimistic this will happen in the near future, even if Trump is gone next year.

America is not Canada, sadly.
HisGrace
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1545 on: February 02, 2020, 05:05:39 PM »

MUH BIPARTISANSHIP

For what? As with the Clinton stuff in 16 I've yet to hear anyone articulate what statutory crime was committed here like, say, bribery or obstruction of justice.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1546 on: February 02, 2020, 05:15:38 PM »

MUH BIPARTISANSHIP

For what? As with the Clinton stuff in 16 I've yet to hear anyone articulate what statutory crime was committed here like, say, bribery or obstruction of justice.

Clearly she wants to overturn the election.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1547 on: February 02, 2020, 05:21:14 PM »

If Biden wins the presidency, Joni Ernst may not even be in the senate to impeach him.
Frenchrepublican
Junior Chimp

P P P
« Reply #1548 on: February 02, 2020, 06:16:32 PM »

Speak for yourself. I've no seen zero reason to believe that any hypothetical Republican old-timers still around would behave any differently from Graham and Alexander.

Shafee and Kirk would have almost certainly voted for removal, both hate Trump. Actually it’s fairly likely that Shafee would have pulled a Amash and would have become an independent.

Smith and Brown are more wild card but both would have probably voted to allow more witnesses testimony. Concerning Alexander you have to keep in mind he comes from a state where Trump has a +60% approval rate, he has not interest to act differently.
Frenchrepublican
Junior Chimp

P P P
« Reply #1549 on: February 02, 2020, 06:26:04 PM »

All of those Senators you listed came from Safe or Likely D states.   Nowadays the only Republican Senator from even a Lean D state is Collins, who voted in favor of witnesses.

The Democratic Senators that replaced them are much better at being honest about Trump's wrong doings.

Well that’s the point. You can expect on the one hand to have republican senators to break with Trump and on the other hand having no blue state republican senators, blue state republicans senators I listed would have had a very serious political interest to break with Trump because Trump is very unpopular in their homestates. But why would a Republican Senator from TN or NE break with Trump ? It would kill their chances of being reelected and would create a lot of troubles for them at home. That’s one of the big difference with the 1974 situation, in 1974 you still had a large numbers or republican senators who hailed from the northeast and who were very moderate and sometimes even liberal leaning, with the decimation of these moderate, Rockefeller republicans it was stupid to expect any kind of bipartisan actions in order to remove Trump from office
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 ... 78  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies