Elizabeth Warren 2020 Megathread v2 (pg 35 - Emily List support)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 03:53:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Elizabeth Warren 2020 Megathread v2 (pg 35 - Emily List support)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 ... 37
Author Topic: Elizabeth Warren 2020 Megathread v2 (pg 35 - Emily List support)  (Read 58152 times)
James Monroe

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #500 on: February 03, 2020, 08:13:53 PM »

YESS, preach it Shannon!

KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #501 on: February 04, 2020, 05:20:20 PM »

A good night/day/probably another day

Warren over-performed and goes into NH viable for the nomination.
Gracile
gracile
Moderators
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -7.65

« Reply #502 on: February 04, 2020, 06:15:06 PM »

Warren is cancelling ad time in NV and SC:

TrendsareUsuallyReal
TrendsareReal
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #503 on: February 04, 2020, 06:29:34 PM »

She needs first or second in NH to continue on as viable
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #504 on: February 04, 2020, 06:30:25 PM »

Dang, makes sense though.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #505 on: February 04, 2020, 06:38:49 PM »

People are drawing leaps of spurious conclusions from this; it is common in media marketing to reallocate spend to target specific demographics.

She was polling 4th and came in a strong 3rd. She is staying in through Super Tuesday at least.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #506 on: February 04, 2020, 11:45:35 PM »

People are drawing leaps of spurious conclusions from this; it is common in media marketing to reallocate spend to target specific demographics.

She was polling 4th and came in a strong 3rd. She is staying in through Super Tuesday at least.

Which I am very happy to see, as I intend to vote for her on March 3 -or earlier once I get my absentee ballot.  I have been looking at potential second-choices (Bernie Sanders included) in the event Elizabeth Warren didn't survive the first four contests as I don't want to see my vote wasted on a zombie candidate.  
TrendsareUsuallyReal
TrendsareReal
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #507 on: February 05, 2020, 12:57:45 AM »

Which I am very happy to see, as I intend to vote for her on March 3 -or earlier once I get my absentee ballot.  I have been looking at potential second-choices (Bernie Sanders included) in the event Elizabeth Warren didn't survive the first four contests as I don't want to see my vote wasted on a zombie candidate.  

You might want to wait til after NH then to see if she is a zombie candidate or not. She’s done if she doesn’t place top 2
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #508 on: February 05, 2020, 01:07:35 AM »

You might want to wait til after NH then to see if she is a zombie candidate or not. She’s done if she doesn’t place top 2

She's very unlikely to place the top 2, as currently she's polling 4th. I wouldn't say she's 'done' if she doesn't, but she needs to place in the top 3, keep her core base supporters, keep raising money most of all.
atheist4thecause
United States

« Reply #509 on: February 05, 2020, 07:43:14 AM »

She's very unlikely to place the top 2, as currently she's polling 4th. I wouldn't say she's 'done' if she doesn't, but she needs to place in the top 3, keep her core base supporters, keep raising money most of all.

I wouldn't say that Warren is very unlikely to place Top 2. State polls are much more unreliable than National polls, and polls of small states like New Hampshire are even more unreliable even though that's counter-intuitive. In 2016, the last poll before the NH primary was by ARG and had Sanders +9. The aggregate was Sanders +13.3 (other polls were all Sanders leading but by +16, +26, +12, +10, and +7). Sanders ended up winning NH by around 22.5%. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_New_Hampshire_Democratic_primary

The NH polls right now are all over the place. St. Anselm has a poll that has Sanders and Biden at 19%, Buttigieg at 14%, and Warren and Klobuchar at 11%. Emerson has a poll that is Sanders at 32%, Biden 13%, Buttigieg 17%, and Warren and Klobuchar at 11%. The Boston Globe has a poll that is Sanders 24%, Biden and Buttigieg 15%, Warren 10%, and Klubachar 6%. This just shows how sporadic the polls are, and how we should be careful to say something is unlikely at this point.
Heebie Jeebie
jeb_arlo
United States

« Reply #510 on: February 05, 2020, 09:34:38 AM »

Maybe there's room for cooperation with Klobuchar in this respect, since Amy will be interested in winning over Pete's moderates as well as Biden supporters reluctant to support a candidate who has fled the state.

It helps that Klobuchar holds a very clear contempt for Buttigieg.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #511 on: February 05, 2020, 09:35:29 PM »

I will vote for Warren if she gets the nod, but I think the white men (three of them old) will remain on top. I am pessimistic about anything good coming from this election. But I'm glad Warren got as far as she did.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #512 on: February 05, 2020, 11:03:01 PM »

No worries -I'm planning on waiting until the last weekend of February, so I should know the results of not just the Iowa caucuses, but also the New Hampshire primary and Nevada caucuses before I vote. 
Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #513 on: February 06, 2020, 09:15:19 AM »

https://dailycaller.com/2020/02/05/liz-warren-iowa-caucus-pocahontas/
Liz Warren Finishes In 5th Place In Pocahontas County, Iowa
The Iowa Democratic Party released the first partial vote count from Monday night’s Iowa caucuses Tuesday showing former South Bend Mayor Pete Buttigieg holding a slight lead over Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders. The partial vote count also showed Warren, of Massachusetts, in fifth place in Pocahontas County, Iowa with all precincts reporting.

Buttigieg received 34% of the delegates in Pocahontas County, according to the Detroit Free Press, while Sen. Amy Klobuchar and former Vice President Joe Biden had 22%. Sen. Bernie Sanders took 10%, followed by Warren with 8%.

I just leave it here.
redjohn

Political Matrix
E: -3.35, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #514 on: February 06, 2020, 12:06:36 PM »

Does Warren drop out if she places 3rd or lower in NH? If she wins obviously she'd stay in, and I think if she came in second she'd get positive coverage. But 3rd or lower in a state that's supposed to be the most favorable to her of the early contests seems like the end of her campaign.
Fmr. Gov. NickG
NickG
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -3.49

« Reply #515 on: February 06, 2020, 01:40:25 PM »

Does Warren drop out if she places 3rd or lower in NH? If she wins obviously she'd stay in, and I think if she came in second she'd get positive coverage. But 3rd or lower in a state that's supposed to be the most favorable to her of the early contests seems like the end of her campaign.

I think it really depends on how close a 3rd place she's is.  It makes a big difference if she got 25% of the vote compared with 15%.
JGibson
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.00, S: -6.50

« Reply #516 on: February 06, 2020, 03:03:25 PM »

As a Warren supporter, I hope and pray that she gets a top 2 or a good 3rd place position in New Hampshire.
TrendsareUsuallyReal
TrendsareReal
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #517 on: February 06, 2020, 03:08:24 PM »

Realistically, she probably needs to actually win NH to still be in it. There is really no other state more favorable to her aside from MA up any time soon
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -6.09

« Reply #518 on: February 06, 2020, 03:11:40 PM »

As a Warren supporter, I hope and pray that she gets a top 2 or a good 3rd place position in New Hampshire.

A good 3rd would be enough.
If Biden finished 5th, that would be perfect for Warren.
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #519 on: February 06, 2020, 03:47:58 PM »

redjohn

Political Matrix
E: -3.35, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #520 on: February 06, 2020, 03:50:32 PM »

Yikes. Not a great look for Liz.
atheist4thecause
United States

« Reply #521 on: February 06, 2020, 06:51:09 PM »

It's hilarious how the Woke crowd always cannibalize. This happened with Buttigieg and now with Warren. It has happened so many times. Kamala's campaign had staffers come out about being treated poorly, Klobuchar's campaign same thing...every Democratic campaign seems to have an issue.
atheist4thecause
United States

« Reply #522 on: February 06, 2020, 06:52:35 PM »

Money wins Super Tuesday. She's pulling ads from Nevada and South Carolina where everybody is focusing and trying to put it towards Super Tuesday where you can sneak in and have a good showing in a state or two.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #523 on: February 06, 2020, 06:56:21 PM »

It's hilarious how the Woke crowd always cannibalize. This happened with Buttigieg and now with Warren. It has happened so many times. Kamala's campaign had staffers come out about being treated poorly, Klobuchar's campaign same thing...every Democratic campaign seems to have an issue.

It's not cannibalizing. It's called long overworked and abused campaign staffers finally feeling a little more confident in being willing to put their voice out there and hold the candidate accountable. Unlike Sanders cultists, the Warren movement will respect these whistleblowers because at the end of the day the they make the candidate better. As she herself said last night. It's a movement about us, not her. Fortunately it seems that these particular issues were confined to the Nevada office. Hopefully they get addressed.
TrendsareUsuallyReal
TrendsareReal
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #524 on: February 06, 2020, 07:05:38 PM »

Money wins Super Tuesday. She's pulling ads from Nevada and South Carolina where everybody is focusing and trying to put it towards Super Tuesday where you can sneak in and have a good showing in a state or two.

No, she isn’t going anywhere on ST if she flops in the February states. She probably even loses Massachusetts
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 ... 37  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies