What is your opinion on Republicans who support Donald Trump?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 10:12:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  What is your opinion on Republicans who support Donald Trump?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
Author Topic: What is your opinion on Republicans who support Donald Trump?  (Read 3406 times)
TrendsareUsuallyReal
TrendsareReal
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: October 11, 2019, 05:41:25 PM »

I get it - 90% of Atlas Democrats are very intolerant toward those who share different political views. As usual, “tolerance” is a one-way street.  Were they even alive at the time, they would have made the same bogus “argument” against those who supported President Bush, President Reagan or any other Republican - you support a politician I don’t like, so you’re evil scum.

What they don’t understand is that this type of attitude is precisely why we got Trump in the first place. No, those who disagree with you politically aren’t “deplorable” or “evil”. Calling them such names because of their political beliefs only harden them against your position.

Issues matter. Say what you want about the President, but at least he’s not turned out to be a gun-grabbing, late-term abortion loving scold who wants to take away our cars and hamburgers in the name of “climate change” and strip tax-exempt status from churches that dare not bend to the liberal orthodoxy of the day. Paraphrasing Ronald Reagan, most voters realize that their 80% friend is not their 20% enemy.

Supporting criminal acts is considered a political view now?  Sad.  Myself and many others like me don't have an issue with Trump because of his politics such abortion, taxes, etc.  I have a problem with him because he willingly breaks the law over & over again.  Thats not a political issue.  Our country won't survive if that is normalized and swept under the rug as "political views".

I am currently operating under the assumption that we’re already irreparably broken as a citizenry and thanks to the Donald there’s no coming back from that
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #76 on: October 11, 2019, 05:43:02 PM »

I get it - 90% of Atlas Democrats are very intolerant toward those who share different political views. As usual, “tolerance” is a one-way street.  Were they even alive at the time, they would have made the same bogus “argument” against those who supported President Bush, President Reagan or any other Republican - you support a politician I don’t like, so you’re evil scum.

What they don’t understand is that this type of attitude is precisely why we got Trump in the first place. No, those who disagree with you politically aren’t “deplorable” or “evil”. Calling them such names because of their political beliefs only harden them against your position.

Issues matter. Say what you want about the President, but at least he’s not turned out to be a gun-grabbing, late-term abortion loving scold who wants to take away our cars and hamburgers in the name of “climate change” and strip tax-exempt status from churches that dare not bend to the liberal orthodoxy of the day. Paraphrasing Ronald Reagan, most voters realize that their 80% friend is not their 20% enemy.

Supporting criminal acts is considered a political view now?  Sad.  Myself and many others like me don't have an issue with Trump because of his politics such abortion, taxes, etc.  I have a problem with him because he willingly breaks the law over & over again.  Thats not a political issue.  Our country won't survive if that is normalized and swept under the rug as "political views".

I am currently operating under the assumption that we’re already irreparably broken as a citizenry and thanks to the Donald there’s no coming back from that

Donald Trump is a sympton of the problem, not the cause.
Fight for Trump
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #77 on: October 11, 2019, 05:43:24 PM »

I’m sorry but this is ridiculous cinyc you’re a grown ass adult you can’t tell me that you can legitimately look at Trump’s conduct and think that liberal outrage towards him is just fake partisan outrage. Like you legitimately think Romney or Jeb would be causing such social upheaval?

Well, actually, yes. The left said basically the same things about Bush.
Nyvin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #78 on: October 11, 2019, 06:14:02 PM »

I’m sorry but this is ridiculous cinyc you’re a grown ass adult you can’t tell me that you can legitimately look at Trump’s conduct and think that liberal outrage towards him is just fake partisan outrage. Like you legitimately think Romney or Jeb would be causing such social upheaval?

I never said fake partisan outrage. But it is partisan outrage. Some Democrats have been out to impeach and remove Trump since the day after he was elected. That’s a fact. There were marches in NYC far before Trump even became President.

Every Republican President I can remember has faced similar “criticism” from the left - they were evil and their supporters were even worse. So, yes, I legitimately think there would have been the same “arguments” made againt Romney supporters.

Regardless - It's quite obvious at this point that "President Trump" will go down as a gigantic black eye in the USA's history.

This is really not the same as Reagan, the Bushes, or what Romney/McCain would've done, we've really entered a whole new level of evil/incompetence.
Fight for Trump
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #79 on: October 11, 2019, 06:54:45 PM »

Regardless - It's quite obvious at this point that "President Trump" will go down as a gigantic black eye in the USA's history.

This is really not the same as Reagan, the Bushes, or what Romney/McCain would've done, we've really entered a whole new level of evil/incompetence.

It's not the same, but that's what happens when you cry wolf, sadly.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #80 on: October 11, 2019, 07:06:17 PM »

Some people will look past alleged “criminal acts”, especially if they think the “criminality” of those acts are being ginned up by hyper-partisans who literally hate the President and them. This is doubly true when those people like Trump’s poisiton on abortion, taxes, etc. Again, to many, their 80% friend is not their 20% enemy.

That doesn’t make those people evil, like practically every Democratic poster on this thread has claimed. That makes them realists.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #81 on: October 11, 2019, 07:12:54 PM »

Some people will look past alleged “criminal acts”, especially if they think the “criminality” of those acts are being ginned up by hyper-partisans who literally hate the President and them. This is doubly true when those people like Trump’s poisiton on abortion, taxes, etc. Again, to many, their 80% friend is not their 20% enemy.

That doesn’t make those people evil, like practically every Democratic poster on this thread has claimed. That makes them realists.

Asking a foreign power to investigate a political opponent with the intention of influencing our elections isn't like getting a parking ticket.  Its not a low level campaign finance violation.  Its not even equivalent to Watergate.  This isn't even an allegation.  This is what Trump SAYS he is doing.  I'll stand by what I said.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #82 on: October 11, 2019, 07:22:01 PM »

Asking a foreign power to investigate a political opponent with the intention of influencing our elections isn't like getting a parking ticket.  Its not a low level campaign finance violation.  Its not even equivalent to Watergate.  This isn't even an allegation.  This is what Trump SAYS he is doing.  I'll stand by what I said.
This. Seriously blue avatars are bashingvthe red avatar reactions but you put this latest scandal in proper context and then realize how little republicans care well it’s really hard not to think the worst
Nyvin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #83 on: October 11, 2019, 07:30:00 PM »

Hence...they're cultists.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #84 on: October 11, 2019, 07:31:32 PM »

And I’ll stand by what I said - the more you call people evil or “deplorable” for failing to agree with you, the less likely they are to agree with you or believe your allegations, even if true.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #85 on: October 11, 2019, 09:17:52 PM »

I don't support Trump, but I understand why other Republicans do.

So why do they support a bully, tyrant, liar, conman who is about to be impeached?
Chunk Yogurt for President!
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #86 on: October 11, 2019, 09:32:28 PM »

So why do they support a bully, tyrant, liar, conman who is about to be impeached?

I mentioned it earlier: Democrats are not any better.

People disagree about when life begins, but at a certain point in the pregnancy the fetus is objectively a person.  Yet many Democrats, including presidential candidates, think it's okay to rip those babies into pieces.  This is evil and needs to be called out.
R.P. McM
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

« Reply #87 on: October 11, 2019, 09:55:46 PM »
« Edited: October 11, 2019, 10:37:37 PM by R.P. McM »

It's not the same, but that's what happens when you cry wolf, sadly.

Unfortunately, the conduct of the GOP since Gingrich's speakership has been absolutely disgusting, disastrous, and now, borderline treasonous. There's just nothing nice you can say about a party that is completely unprincipled, unhinged, belligerent, and buffoonish.
R.P. McM

« Reply #88 on: October 11, 2019, 10:02:33 PM »
« Edited: October 11, 2019, 11:08:22 PM by R.P. McM »

People disagree about when life begins, but at a certain point in the pregnancy the fetus is objectively a person.  Yet many Democrats, including presidential candidates, think it's okay to rip those babies into pieces.  This is evil and needs to be called out.

I know this makes you feel better, but like most things emanating from the contemporary right, it's unmitigated bullsh!+. Democratic-leaning voters couldn't even stomach Hillary Clinton, to say nothing of a racist p***y-grabber who trafficked in conspiracy theories and political violence. Unfortunately, I have to conclude that anyone who would vote for the latter is trash, because I have actual values. I just think you need to accept that the mask has fallen, we've seen who you folks are, we can never unsee it, and now the prospects of us respecting you or trying to make nice are essentially nil.
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #89 on: October 11, 2019, 10:08:11 PM »

People disagree about when life begins, but at a certain point in the pregnancy the fetus is objectively a person.  Yet many Democrats, including presidential candidates, think it's okay to rip those babies into pieces.  This is evil and needs to be called out.

I know this makes you feel better, but like most things emanating from the contemporary right, it's unmitigated bullsh!+. Democratic-leaning voters couldn't even stomach Hillary Clinton, to say nothing of a racist p***y-grabber who encouraged political violence. Unfortunately, I have to conclude that anyone who would vote for the latter is trash, because I have actually values. 

Do you think that ripping apart viable babies is okay?  Because if you do, you have no moral standing to criticize anyone.
R.P. McM

« Reply #90 on: October 11, 2019, 10:14:57 PM »

I know this makes you feel better, but like most things emanating from the contemporary right, it's unmitigated bullsh!+. Democratic-leaning voters couldn't even stomach Hillary Clinton, to say nothing of a racist p***y-grabber who encouraged political violence. Unfortunately, I have to conclude that anyone who would vote for the latter is trash, because I have actually values. 

Do you think that ripping apart viable babies is okay?  Because if you do, you have no moral standing to criticize anyone.

Exactly — because I support a position held by ~60% of the country, I have no moral standing, and you proto-fascists are free to abrogate the bedrock laws and norms that have enabled us to coexist as a political community for more than two centuries.   
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #91 on: October 11, 2019, 10:17:04 PM »

And I’ll stand by what I said - the more you call people evil or “deplorable” for failing to agree with you, the less likely they are to agree with you or believe your allegations, even if true.

Mean people on twitter doesn't excuse support for authoritarianism/foreign election interference.  I wish Republicans weren't so sensitive.  Their feelings are literally tearing this country apart.
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #92 on: October 11, 2019, 10:18:26 PM »

Exactly — because I support a position held by ~60% of the country, I have no moral standing, and you proto-fascists are free to abrogate the bedrock laws and norms that have enabled us to coexist as a political community for more than two centuries.   

I specified viable babies.  I hope you have enough of a heart to oppose killing them.  If you don't, then you have no moral standing to criticize Trump or his supporters.
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #93 on: October 11, 2019, 10:24:10 PM »

Before someone accuses me of derailing this thread, red avatars are allowed to bring up "Republican concentration camps" in unrelated threads, so I'm going to bring up the human rights abuses that their side supports.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #94 on: October 11, 2019, 10:37:09 PM »

Mean people on twitter doesn't excuse support for authoritarianism/foreign election interference.  I wish Republicans weren't so sensitive.  Their feelings are literally tearing this country apart.

"Basket of deplorables" Hillary Clinton wasn't some "mean person on Twitter". She was your party's presidential candidate. And why is it that only the people who disagree with you are "sensitive" and "tearing this country apart?"
The Arizonan
United States

« Reply #95 on: October 11, 2019, 10:46:26 PM »

What should become of me, The Arizonan. How should I be punished?

You will not be allowed to leave Florida and you will be Greg Gianforte's latest victim.

By the way, I was watching a YouTube video which featured a clip of a Jerry Springer episode that had Klansmen and Irv Rubin of the JDL on it. Irv Rubin could fight pretty well when he was an old guy back in his time. There's something cathartic about watching videos like that.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #96 on: October 11, 2019, 10:50:19 PM »

"Basket of deplorables" Hillary Clinton wasn't some "mean person on Twitter". She was your party's presidential candidate. And why is it that only the people who disagree with you are "sensitive" and "tearing this country apart?"

Ah yes, basket of deplorables.  The one quote that every Trump supporter will turn to in a heart beat.  Its been discussed to death, dissected, and apoligized for.  It did sound pretty bad in 2016 I have to agree.  Sadly, you only have to listen to about 5 minutes of a Trump 2020 rally to see that this was a very tame description.  I won't even begin to try and transcribe the quotes from his recent rallys on here - I'd probably get banned.  We're far, far beyond "basket of deplorables" in our political discourse.  It honestly sounds so tame in the Trump era that it is almost cute.

The "sensitive" people are tearing this country apart because they're supporting a President who openly and proudly colludes with foreign governments to interfere in our elections.  I haven't even heard a rebuttal from you on this topic, amazingly.  You're just bringing up Hillary, from THREE years ago.  Please address the President asking for a foreign government to investigate Joe Biden with a straight face.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #97 on: October 11, 2019, 10:54:58 PM »

Ah yes, basket of deplorables.  The one quote that every Trump supporter will turn to in a heart beat.  Its been discussed to death, dissected, and apoligized for.  It did sound pretty bad in 2016 I have to agree.  Sadly, you only have to listen to about 5 minutes of a Trump 2020 rally to see that this was a very tame description.  I won't even begin to try and transcribe the quotes from his recent rallys on here - I'd probably get banned.  We're far, far beyond "basket of deplorables" in our political discourse.  It honestly sounds so tame in the Trump era that it is almost cute.

The "sensitive" people are tearing this country apart because they're supporting a President who openly and proudly colludes with foreign governments to interfere in our elections.  I haven't even heard a rebuttal from you on this topic, amazingly.  You're just bringing up Hillary, from THREE years ago.  Please address the President asking for a foreign government to investigate Joe Biden with a straight face.

Trump also doesn’t have the shame to hide all this , he literally publicly asked Ukraine and China to investigate Biden .
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #98 on: October 11, 2019, 10:55:53 PM »

Mean people on twitter doesn't excuse support for authoritarianism/foreign election interference.  I wish Republicans weren't so sensitive.  Their feelings are literally tearing this country apart.

Trump also doesn’t have the shame to hide all this , he literally publicly asked Ukraine and China to investigate Biden .

Exactly my friend.  And yet we still have to talk about "alleged" crimes as if we're living in an alternate universe.  He proudly takes credit for it.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #99 on: October 11, 2019, 11:04:17 PM »

I don't want this to get bogged down into a debate on impeachment, but please explain why are the actions of the former Vice President and his son beyond scrutiny. If the son's name were Eric or Donald Trump, Jr., all the red avatars here and everyone on MSNBC wouldn't be talking about "foreign interference in elections" but the "crimes" those sons committed. So please explain why Biden should get a pass just because he happens to be running for President.

At the end of the day, many Republicans don't view this whole thing as "foreign interference" in an election, but trumped up political charges brought by Democrats who have been trying to remove the President for any and every reason since the day he was elected.

And I'm sure if the Obama administration were asking foreign governments for dirt on Trump back in 2015/16, you'd condemn that too, right?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies