What is your opinion on Republicans who support Donald Trump?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 17, 2024, 05:49:20 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  What is your opinion on Republicans who support Donald Trump?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7
Author Topic: What is your opinion on Republicans who support Donald Trump?  (Read 3533 times)
cinyc
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: October 12, 2019, 01:35:35 PM »

Ugh.. I just want Cynic to tell me what the crime is that he thinks Joe Biden allegedly committed?  The crime that requires the President to conduct his own personal investigation outside boundries of US law enforcement?

Please... don't keep me waiting.

If the investigation shows that Biden used his influence to help his son’s companies, that’s using the office of the Vice President to enrich his son - a derivation of bribery. I suspect that if you exchanged the name “Hunter Biden” with “Eric Trump”, you and all the red avatars would clearly see that.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #126 on: October 12, 2019, 02:57:38 PM »

Ugh.. I just want Cynic to tell me what the crime is that he thinks Joe Biden allegedly committed?  The crime that requires the President to conduct his own personal investigation outside boundries of US law enforcement?

If the investigation shows that Biden used his influence to help his son’s companies, that’s using the office of the Vice President to enrich his son - a derivation of bribery. I suspect that if you exchanged the name “Hunter Biden” with “Eric Trump”, you and all the red avatars would clearly see that.

In what way are you alleging he did that? Which companies did he help? How did getting a prosecutor who refused to investigate corporate fraud  eplaced with one who would help? Why does Biden (allegedly) being a crook make supporting Mr. Trump (who publicly brags about his crimes) in any way acceptable?
Xeuma
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: 0.00

P
« Reply #127 on: October 12, 2019, 03:36:30 PM »

If it was really about investigating crimes, why did Trump send Rudy Giuliani, his personal attorney, to Ukraine to meet with their President? Seems like it was to help Trump personally.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #128 on: October 12, 2019, 03:43:57 PM »

In what way are you alleging he did that?

That's what an investigation might or might not show.

Which companies did he help?

Burisma Holdings - where Hunter Biden was on the board of directors.

How did getting a prosecutor who refused to investigate corporate fraud  eplaced with one who would help?

By stopping an investigation into Hunter Biden's company. IIRC, the Ukranian AG was replaced by someone who wasn't even a lawyer.

Why does Biden (allegedly) being a crook make supporting Mr. Trump (who publicly brags about his crimes) in any way acceptable?

Asking for an investigation of a potential crime is a crime how?

Again, I suspect if you replaced "Hunter Biden" with "Eric Trump", 90% of the red avatars would be screaming to high heavens that Trump committed a crime and Biden, in calling for an investigation of it, did no wrong.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #129 on: October 12, 2019, 03:44:51 PM »

I am yet to come across a Trump supporter who isn't either so stupid it's hard to imagine them being able to tie their own shoelaces or so cartoonishly evil that it's hard to imagine them not murdering their own grandmothers for inheritance money. Or some combination of the two.

The more I interact with Trumpists the worse my opinion of them has gotten.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #130 on: October 12, 2019, 03:49:57 PM »

If it was really about investigating crimes, why did Trump send Rudy Giuliani, his personal attorney, to Ukraine to meet with their President? Seems like it was to help Trump personally.

He also asked the President of Ukraine to speak with the Attorney General about Biden and Bursima. Both men were investigating the origins of the Russian probe, and this came up during it.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #131 on: October 12, 2019, 04:46:46 PM »

You keep ignoring the question.  Investigation of WHAT?  We dont investigate people just because they’re running against the President.  Why are we investigating him?? This is what Im asking.  You’re not dumb.  I know you know this is wrong.

You already know why Biden was calling for the Prosecutor to be fired.  Every single news organization has reported it.  Stop making crap up dude!
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #132 on: October 12, 2019, 04:55:13 PM »

Ugh.. I just want Cynic to tell me what the crime is that he thinks Joe Biden allegedly committed?  The crime that requires the President to conduct his own personal investigation outside boundries of US law enforcement?

You keep ignoring the question.  Investigation of WHAT?  We dont investigate people just because they’re running against the President.  Why are we investigating him?? This is what Im asking.  You’re not dumb.  I know you know this is wrong.

You already know why Biden was calling for the Prosecutor to be fired.  Every single news organization has reported it.  Stop making crap up dude!

I've told you about 5 times investigation of WHAT - misuse of the Vice President's office to benefit and enrich Biden's son. Again, if Hunter Biden's name were Eric Trump, I suspect you and most red avatars would be singing a different tune about opening up an investigation.

Just because "every single news organization" has "reported" why Biden claims he wanted the prosecutor to be fired doesn't make Biden's claim true. The fired Ukranian prosecutor has said under oath that he was fired to stop an investigation into Burisma Holdings, Biden's company. True or not, I don't know. But I know I don't take Joe Biden's word or the prosecutor's words at face value, nor should you or anyone else.

Asking someone to cooperate with the AG to investigate a potential crime isn't a crime. That's what the transcript shows Trump did. Let there be an investigation and the chips fall where they may. What are you, Biden and the Democrats afraid of?
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #133 on: October 12, 2019, 05:03:35 PM »

Ugh.. I just want Cynic to tell me what the crime is that he thinks Joe Biden allegedly committed?  The crime that requires the President to conduct his own personal investigation outside boundries of US law enforcement?

You already know why Biden was calling for the Prosecutor to be fired.  Every single news organization has reported it.  Stop making crap up dude!

I've told you about 5 times investigation of WHAT - misuse of the Vice President's office to benefit and enrich Biden's son. Again, if Hunter Biden's name were Eric Trump, I suspect you and most red avatars would be singing a different tune about opening up an investigation.

Just because "every single news organization" has "reported" why Biden claims he wanted the prosecutor to be fired doesn't make Biden's claim true. The fired Ukranian prosecutor has said under oath that he was fired to stop an investigation into Burisma Holdings, Biden's company. True or not, I don't know. But I know I don't take Joe Biden's word or the prosecutor's words at face value, nor should you or anyone else.

Asking someone to cooperate with the AG to investigate a potential crime isn't a crime. That's what the transcript shows Trump did. Let there be an investigation and the chips fall where they may. What are you, Biden and the Democrats afraid of?
There is no proof Biden used his office to help his son or the company so the alleged crime is baseless to begin with. And as stated multiple times a lot of countries were pushing to have prosecutor fired because he was corrupt so his accusations again have no proof to it (that’s also completely ignoring the fact that he wasn’t investigating the company at all). Lastly you keep sidestepping the fact that he asked the president to work with Rudy
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #134 on: October 12, 2019, 06:47:53 PM »

cinyc, how about you provide some evidence of your claims? (Preferable in a thread about Biden, rather than here where it's obvious that you're just trying to blow smoke so that Republicans don't have to face the reality that supporting Trump is indefensible.) Because from what I've seen there is less evidence that Hunter Biden or Joe Biden have broken the law, than there is that Mr. Trump is a serial rapist who rapes children.

Note, I am not claiming that this is proven - it absolutely hasn't been. I'm just using it to illustrate how utterly bankrupt cinyc's attacks are.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #135 on: October 12, 2019, 06:55:56 PM »

There are good people who support him, but they are either blissfully ignorant about the reality or willing to put up with all the stuff he does due to improvements in their life (still questionable, but understandable nonetheless).
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #136 on: October 12, 2019, 07:21:20 PM »

cinyc, how about you provide some evidence of your claims? (Preferable in a thread about Biden, rather than here where it's obvious that you're just trying to blow smoke so that Republicans don't have to face the reality that supporting Trump is indefensible.)

The fired prosecutor, Victor Shokin stated in a sworn affidavit:

"8. The truth is that I was forced out because I was leading a wide-ranging corruption probe into Burisma Holdings ("Burisma"), a natural gas firm active in Ukraine, and Joe Biden's son, Hunter Biden, was a member of the Board of Directors."

https://www.scribd.com/document/427618359/Shokin-Statement

As for the claim of thread hijacking, I said from the beginning that I do not really wish to discuss impeachment in this thread - you and your Democratic friends are the ones who keep harping on it. In fact, your Democrat friend, Badger, called me names for saying that I didn't wish to discuss this here.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #137 on: October 12, 2019, 08:03:49 PM »

Cinyc proves arguing impeachment facts with Trumpists is like arguing physics and astronomy with flat earthers.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #138 on: October 12, 2019, 08:06:04 PM »

I am yet to come across a Trump supporter who isn't either so stupid it's hard to imagine them being able to tie their own shoelaces or so cartoonishly evil that it's hard to imagine them not murdering their own grandmothers for inheritance money. Or some combination of the two.

The more I interact with Trumpists the worse my opinion of them has gotten.

You come across a lot of Trump supporters in Sweden?
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #139 on: October 12, 2019, 08:06:14 PM »

Cinyc proves arguing impeachment facts with Trumpists is like arguing physics and astronomy with flat earthers.
20 to 25 percent of voters are literally Trump cultists that will follow Trump into hell and drag America along with them. It's really disheartening.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #140 on: October 12, 2019, 08:11:16 PM »

20 to 25 percent of voters are literally Trump cultists that will follow Trump into hell and drag America along with them. It's really disheartening.

I hate to say it, but I'm convinced that is far too low a number
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #141 on: October 12, 2019, 10:22:34 PM »

cinyc, how about you provide some evidence of your claims? (Preferable in a thread about Biden, rather than here where it's obvious that you're just trying to blow smoke so that Republicans don't have to face the reality that supporting Trump is indefensible.)

"8. The truth is that I was forced out because I was leading a wide-ranging corruption probe into Burisma Holdings ("Burisma"), a natural gas firm active in Ukraine, and Joe Biden's son, Hunter Biden, was a member of the Board of Directors."

I have replied in a more appropriate thread. I'm certainly not demanding you discuss impeachment as such in this specific thread. (There's a thread for that, too!) However, you have demonstrated an unwillingness to post on the topic here: Republicans who support Mr. Trump, despite his open criminal behavior, flagrant corruption and gross unfitness for the office he abuses. I can only conclude that you agree his behavior is unsupportable, but refuse to admit it. (Likely because it is not defensible, and those who do so only lower themselves by doing so, just like Rudy.)
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #142 on: October 12, 2019, 10:55:53 PM »

I have replied in a more appropriate thread. I'm certainly not demanding you discuss impeachment as such in this specific thread. (There's a thread for that, too!) However, you have demonstrated an unwillingness to post on the topic here: Republicans who support Mr. Trump, despite his open criminal behavior, flagrant corruption and gross unfitness for the office he abuses. I can only conclude that you agree his behavior is unsupportable, but refuse to admit it. (Likely because it is not defensible, and those who do so only lower themselves by doing so, just like Rudy.)

I posted plenty about this. It's Democratic smear attempt to claim that 40+% of the population is stupid or evil or "un-American" because they support the President. That's a farce made up by partisan Democrats and disrespects 40+% of the electorate. It's also the type of crap that got Trump elected in the first place.

Call voters names at your own peril. Doing so will further galvanize Trump's base in 2020. And they're not going to vote for some "progressive" Democrat that they fundamentally disagree with on the issues, especially after Democrats call them every name in the book.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #143 on: October 12, 2019, 10:58:25 PM »

I posted plenty about this. It's Democratic smear attempt to claim that 40+% of the population is stupid or evil or "un-American" because they support the President. That's a farce made up by partisan Democrats and disrespects 40+% of the electorate. It's also the type of crap that got Trump elected in the first place.

Call voters names at your own peril. Doing so will further galvanize Trump's base in 2020. And they're not going to vote for some "progressive" Democrat that they fundamentally disagree with on the issues, especially after Democrats call them every name in the book.
So why does this offend you but how republicans talk about democrats don’t? Honestly don’t bother cause at this point it’s clear you’re a massive hypocrite
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #144 on: October 12, 2019, 11:13:53 PM »

So why does this offend you but how republicans talk about democrats don’t? Honestly don’t bother cause at this point it’s clear you’re a massive hypocrite

I've been pretty clear that calling voters names doesn't help, regardless of who does it. You don't gain anything by insulting your customers, period. No, people who support Democrats aren't stupid or dumb or evil, even if I fundamentally disagree with their candidate or politics.

You and most of the red avatars who posted in this thread, though, seem to think that 40+% of Americans are stupid/dumb/evil/hacks/hypocrites for supporting a politician you disagree with - and likely have thought so since before Trump was even elected. That's unfortunate. Most Americans are decent, kind people who thankfully care a lot less about politics than your average Atlas poster.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #145 on: October 13, 2019, 12:53:50 AM »

Okay.  Lets just end it here because you're not going to be honest it seems.  You have literally no evidence that Joe Biden used his office to enrich his son.  His reason for calling for the removal of the Ukraine prosecutor has been well documented by every reputable news organization on the planet, including Fox News.  What you're basically saying is:  We will investigate Biden and then I'll tell you what crime he committed.  Hate to break it to you, but you don't just investigate people for fun to see what you might find.  You have to have some evidence of a potential crime first.

All that BS aside, going back to the Crux of the issue - It was never within Donald Trump's job parameter to initate an investigation of his political rival, much less using a foreign government.  Thats not a hypothetical crime... Its flat out illegal.  The fact that you just won't acknowledge that Donald Trump is explicitly breaking the law and throwing it in everyones face is despicable.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #146 on: October 13, 2019, 01:44:12 AM »

While I won't judge all of them as "terrible people", I do think that they either are willing to put party above literally anything else, or aren't paying much attention to news that isn't coming from Fox. And for all the talk of liberals living in a bubble and showing no desire to be empathetic, I don't think conservatives are ones to talk. If I had a dime for every time I heard...

-Baby murderer
-Socialist
-Communist
-Stalinist
-PC Police
-Uber-senstitive
-Anti-free speech
-SJW
-Cuck
-White-hating (ironic if directed my way)
-Antisemitic (see above)
-Crybaby
-Variants of insane/brainwashed
-Elitist
-Just wants free stuff
-Freeloader
-And many more, including my favorite of all: "Trump Derangement Syndrome"

Many times I've tried to be empathetic with Trump supporters, and the favor hasn't been returned. It's exhausting, and I just don't have the energy to keep trying (and, the definition of insanity and all that), especially given the era we're living in and the "president" we're living under.

I consider people political monsters only if they

1.  stand for extremist causes (Nazism, Ku Kluxism, Marxism-Leninism, fascism including ISIS)
2.  push racial or religious bigotry
3.  push homophobia
4.  advocate brutal law enforcement or judicial treatment
5.  show contempt for political pluralism, rule of law, and separation of powers
6.  consider politically-motivated violence desirable, tolerable, or excusable
7.  approve of mirror-image Marxism (basically capitalism devoid of any humane values -- these are the sorts who want the conditions typical of a society on the brink of a proletarian revolution
8.  use or utter incendiary rhetoric
9.  grossly misrepresent history (as in denying genocide)
10. praise tyrants of the past for their despotism
11. see a despotic or dictatorial system as a desirable alternative to democracy
12. contempt for people with handicaps. Having one that has made a shambles of some parts of my life, I find this one particularly vile.

There might be others...

Minor disagreements are exactly what democracy needs, but certain fundamentals, including due process, competitive elections, and non-violence are essential.

People always find something about me to hate.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #147 on: October 13, 2019, 02:03:10 AM »

Okay.  Lets just end it here because you're not going to be honest it seems.  You have literally no evidence that Joe Biden used his office to enrich his son.  His reason for calling for the removal of the Ukraine prosecutor has been well documented by every reputable news organization on the planet, including Fox News.  What you're basically saying is:  We will investigate Biden and then I'll tell you what crime he committed.  Hate to break it to you, but you don't just investigate people for fun to see what you might find.  You have to have some evidence of a potential crime first.

All that BS aside, going back to the Crux of the issue - It was never within Donald Trump's job parameter to initate an investigation of his political rival, much less using a foreign government.  Thats not a hypothetical crime... Its flat out illegal.  The fact that you just won't acknowledge that Donald Trump is explicitly breaking the law and throwing it in everyones face is despicable.

Excellent post. Unfortunately, it is Pearls Before Swine
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #148 on: October 13, 2019, 06:56:55 AM »

If everybody just put cinyc on ignore or stopped responding to his nonsense, he'd probably go away.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #149 on: October 13, 2019, 11:44:06 AM »

If everybody just put cinyc on ignore or stopped responding to his nonsense, he'd probably go away.

You know, you're right. I just did. I feel better already considering his posts are so asshat. Hopefully other posters will follow suit. #ignorecinyc
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies