What is your opinion on Republicans who support Donald Trump?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 09, 2024, 07:41:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  What is your opinion on Republicans who support Donald Trump?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7
Author Topic: What is your opinion on Republicans who support Donald Trump?  (Read 3507 times)
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: October 11, 2019, 10:53:35 AM »

Why do you hate America so?
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #51 on: October 11, 2019, 12:57:48 PM »

Why don't you shut up and try to understand people who think differently from you. These people are not bigots nor grifters.

I could say the same about you: that you don't understand people who think differently from you.  Or that you're butt-hurt that you've been called a bigot or a grifter because you know that it's true.

If you want to make an argument, present a case of how a decent person can support Donald Trump.
Fight for Trump
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #52 on: October 11, 2019, 12:59:32 PM »

Why don't you shut up and try to understand people who think differently from you. These people are not bigots nor grifters.

Correct, I am a bigot/grifter.
UncleSam

« Reply #53 on: October 11, 2019, 01:12:25 PM »

You guys are so insulated in your liberal bubbles you can't even imagine a good person who happens to support Trump. Get help.

Today at 06:12:29 am

In the impeachment megathread I posted a letter from Mike Gallagher to my GOP mother expressing his grave concerns about Donald Trump.

I went to middle and high school in Denmark, WI, in the heart of conservative rural northeast Wisconsin. I went to evangelical churches for over 10 years. My parents (both GOP) and in-laws still live in Green Bay and Appleton, and my in-laws are white, 60-something evangelicals.

With respect, sir, liberal bubble my a**.

If, today, 10 Oct 2019, you still stand by this president, you either lack morals and a love of this country, you are willfully ignoring the facts, or you are delusional. There aren't two sides to this.
Yes there is rofl

There is clearly the side where people understand Trump is at the very least a bad person (if not worse) but also understand that the office of the presidency is one principally involved in signing off on laws and the direction of the country. A president is not a pope. The alternative to Trump for millions of Americans is someone who believes government and the laws it creates should be fundamentally different from their core beliefs. Of course most people value the practical over some supposed moral requirement to vote for laws they don’t support or believe in.

People are also tired of liberals trying to shame them into agreeing to liberal policies on moral grounds. Liberals do this all the time and it is honestly incredibly annoying to anyone who does not agree with them.

Plenty of conservatives would be perfectly happy with a Marco Rubio or Mitt Romney as president, and plenty of conservatives remember when the left of center media painted Romney as a terrible person as a result of his committing the sin of being the Republican nominee for president. Thus we arrived at a terrible boy who cried wolf scenario in which no one cared when everyone screamed and cried about what a sh**tty person Trump is, even if most of them know it to be true. They just don’t care because they want to see the policies they want enacted by government enacted by government, just like liberals do. It isn’t even about winning, it’s about believing the country respects your beliefs and will, some of the time, enact laws that correspond to those beliefs.

It’s basic human psychology. When you label people deplorable simply because they don’t agree with your ideas they don’t care what you have to say even when you’re right.
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #54 on: October 11, 2019, 01:23:46 PM »
« Edited: October 11, 2019, 01:27:02 PM by 136or142 »

You guys are so insulated in your liberal bubbles you can't even imagine a good person who happens to support Trump. Get help.

In the impeachment megathread I posted a letter from Mike Gallagher to my GOP mother expressing his grave concerns about Donald Trump.

I went to middle and high school in Denmark, WI, in the heart of conservative rural northeast Wisconsin. I went to evangelical churches for over 10 years. My parents (both GOP) and in-laws still live in Green Bay and Appleton, and my in-laws are white, 60-something evangelicals.

If, today, 10 Oct 2019, you still stand by this president, you either lack morals and a love of this country, you are willfully ignoring the facts, or you are delusional. There aren't two sides to this.
Yes there is rofl

There is clearly the side where people understand Trump is at the very least a bad person (if not worse) but also understand that the office of the presidency is one principally involved in signing off on laws and the direction of the country. A president is not a pope. The alternative to Trump for millions of Americans is someone who believes government and the laws it creates should be fundamentally different from their core beliefs. Of course most people value the practical over some supposed moral requirement to vote for laws they don’t support or believe in.

People are also tired of liberals trying to shame them into agreeing to liberal policies on moral grounds. Liberals do this all the time and it is honestly incredibly annoying to anyone who does not agree with them.

Plenty of conservatives would be perfectly happy with a Marco Rubio or Mitt Romney as president, and plenty of conservatives remember when the left of center media painted Romney as a terrible person as a result of his committing the sin of being the Republican nominee for president. Thus we arrived at a terrible boy who cried wolf scenario in which no one cared when everyone screamed and cried about what a sh**tty person Trump is, even if most of them know it to be true. They just don’t care because they want to see the policies they want enacted by government enacted by government, just like liberals do. It isn’t even about winning, it’s about believing the country respects your beliefs and will, some of the time, enact laws that correspond to those beliefs.

It’s basic human psychology. When you label people deplorable simply because they don’t agree with your ideas they don’t care what you have to say even when you’re right.

From another thread.  But, about Justin Trudeau.  I don't think even wearing blackface compares to the demonstrated crimes and other impeachable offenses Trump has committed.  Or the evils of many of his policies.  Substitute Trump for Liberals or Justin Trudeau.  

The relationship many progressives have with the Liberals borders on a protection racket. They have single handedly eliminated the one policy that would allow for a progressive alternative to the Liberals and Tories, and then have the chutzpah to play up fear of a Tory government if progressives don't forgive their myriad of sins against progressive politics.

Thus, we see progressives voting for Justin the Blackface Pipeline Mogul to defend against Tory racism or climate inaction or something. It's surreal. I genuinely pity the NDP/Greens and their supporters for having to put up with this nonsense.

Except given what Trump has done, I don't pity his supporters, I regard them as horrible people.  Maybe rather than whining about being thought of as horrible, they should consider what they are accepting putting up with.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #55 on: October 11, 2019, 03:06:22 PM »

Yes there is rofl

You know what you’re right. Us libtard, snowflake, moonbat, bleeding heart, soy boy, npc, cucks shouldn’t call Trumpers names. Nor should we condescend toward them but what do you expect we’re all on welfare because we all have useless degrees in gender studies and we lack good work ethics. Let’s face it at the end of the day we aren’t real Americans anyway
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #56 on: October 11, 2019, 03:18:51 PM »

Correct, I am a bigot/grifter.
Do you grift people on a racial basis, or is the bigotry and scam artistry under some sort of "seperation of church and state" type of situation?
I Can Now Die Happy
NYC Millennial Minority
United States
Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: -4.70

P P
« Reply #57 on: October 11, 2019, 03:50:37 PM »

Intelligent, wise, perceptive, and brave. Republicans who support the President shouldn't give unhinged haters the reactions they crave.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #58 on: October 11, 2019, 03:58:17 PM »

Intelligent, wise, perceptive, and brave. Republicans who support the President shouldn't give unhinged haters the reactions they crave.
LOL!
Is it "intelligent, wise" to approve of a bratty 11 year old the manager at a very busy Starbucks in Manhattan? That's not a perfect analogy for Trump in the White House, but it's close.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #59 on: October 11, 2019, 04:04:40 PM »

They supported Palin, its a sinking ship that will sink with a Dem tsunami in 2020
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #60 on: October 11, 2019, 04:33:09 PM »

I get it - 90% of Atlas Democrats are very intolerant toward those who share different political views. As usual, “tolerance” is a one-way street.  Were they even alive at the time, they would have made the same bogus “argument” against those who supported President Bush, President Reagan or any other Republican - you support a politician I don’t like, so you’re evil scum.

What they don’t understand is that this type of attitude is precisely why we got Trump in the first place. No, those who disagree with you politically aren’t “deplorable” or “evil”. Calling them such names because of their political beliefs only harden them against your position.

Issues matter. Say what you want about the President, but at least he’s not turned out to be a gun-grabbing, late-term abortion loving scold who wants to take away our cars and hamburgers in the name of “climate change” and strip tax-exempt status from churches that dare not bend to the liberal orthodoxy of the day. Paraphrasing Ronald Reagan, most voters realize that their 80% friend is not their 20% enemy.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #61 on: October 11, 2019, 04:42:37 PM »

I get it - 90% of Atlas Democrats are very intolerant toward those who share different political views. As usual, “tolerance” is a one-way street.  Were they even alive at the time, they would have made the same bogus “argument” against those who supported President Bush, President Reagan or any other Republican - you support a politician I don’t like, so you’re evil scum.
WRONG.

It's not about abortion and taxes and guns for the most part. It's about incompetence, untrustworthiness, destroying America's reputation, national security, being the country the Constitution and Statue of Liberty indicate that we are, treating foreigners and asylum seekers with human dignity, democracy, three seperate but EQUAL branches of government, rule of law, accountability, foreign influence, corruption, partisanship in the most inappropriate situations, doing right by Americans and our allies, and a piece of s__t we should NOT be using as any sort of role model setting the political and cultural tone for the whole country, including taking 2 days to condemn white nationalist terrorists and usong the bully pulpit to attack those with legitimate criticisms.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #62 on: October 11, 2019, 04:43:46 PM »

What they don’t understand is that this type of attitude is precisely why we got Trump in the first place. No, those who disagree with you politically aren’t “deplorable” or “evil”. Calling them such names because of their political beliefs only harden them against your position.

Issues matter. Say what you want about the President, but at least he’s not turned out to be a gun-grabbing, late-term abortion loving scold who wants to take away our cars and hamburgers in the name of “climate change” and strip tax-exempt status from churches that dare not bend to the liberal orthodoxy of the day. Paraphrasing Ronald Reagan, most voters realize that their 80% friend is not their 20% enemy.
And as I sarcastically pointed out this argument you guys make is a complete one way street. Hell practically every Trump 2020 sticker has a reference to “triggers the libs”. So spare me the disingenuous argument that conservatives treat liberals only as Americans they have political differences with because I got a whole thread from the summer when the biggest applause line at CPAC was Charlie Kirk saying liberals aren’t Americans but the enemy  
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #63 on: October 11, 2019, 04:51:33 PM »

I get it - 90% of Atlas Democrats are very intolerant toward those who share different political views. As usual, “tolerance” is a one-way street.  Were they even alive at the time, they would have made the same bogus “argument” against those who supported President Bush, President Reagan or any other Republican - you support a politician I don’t like, so you’re evil scum.
WRONG.

It's not about abortion and taxes and guns for the most part. It's about incompetence, untrustworthiness, destroying America's reputation, national security, being the country the Constitution and Statue of Liberty indicate that we are, treating foreigners and asylum seekers with human dignity, democracy, three seperate but EQUAL branches of government, rule of law, accountability, foreign influence, corruption, partisanship in the most inappropriate situations, doing right by Americans and our allies, and a piece of s__t we should NOT be using as any sort of role model setting the political and cultural tone for the whole country, including taking 2 days to condemn white nationalist terrorists and usong the bully pulpit to attack those with legitimate criticisms.

But at the end of the day, support for Trump IS about abortion and guns and immigration and other issues. If Trump were not delivering for his base on his issues - or at least stopping the “progressive” “advance” on them, his support would be much lower. Issues matter. Judges matter.

And I stand by my point - most Atlas Democrats would be - or have - said the same thing about supporters of President Bush, and had this forum been around earlier, the other President Bush and President Reagan.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #64 on: October 11, 2019, 04:55:32 PM »

I’m sorry but this is ridiculous cinyc you’re a grown ass adult you can’t tell me that you can legitimately look at Trump’s conduct and think that liberal outrage towards him is just fake partisan outrage. Like you legitimately think Romney or Jeb would be causing such social upheaval?
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #65 on: October 11, 2019, 04:58:09 PM »

I get it - 90% of Atlas Democrats are very intolerant toward those who share different political views. As usual, “tolerance” is a one-way street.  Were they even alive at the time, they would have made the same bogus “argument” against those who supported President Bush, President Reagan or any other Republican - you support a politician I don’t like, so you’re evil scum.
WRONG.

But at the end of the day, support for Trump IS about abortion and guns and immigration and other issues. If Trump were not delivering for his base on his issues - or at least stopping the “progressive” “advance” on them, his support would be much lower. Issues matter. Judges matter.

And I stand by my point - most Atlas Democrats would be - or have - said the same thing about supporters of President Bush, and had this forum been around earlier, the other President Bush and President Reagan.
If Republicans had their priorities straight and actually believed in American values, all the stuff I mentoned wluld be more important to them than guns and abortion.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #66 on: October 11, 2019, 05:01:37 PM »

I’m sorry but this is ridiculous cinyc you’re a grown ass adult you can’t tell me that you can legitimately look at Trump’s conduct and think that liberal outrage towards him is just fake partisan outrage. Like you legitimately think Romney or Jeb would be causing such social upheaval?

I never said fake partisan outrage. But it is partisan outrage. Some Democrats have been out to impeach and remove Trump since the day after he was elected. That’s a fact. There were marches in NYC far before Trump even became President.

Every Republican President I can remember has faced similar “criticism” from the left - they were evil and their supporters were even worse. So, yes, I legitimately think there would have been the same “arguments” made againt Romney supporters.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #67 on: October 11, 2019, 05:02:53 PM »

I never said fake partisan outrage. But it is partisan outrage. Some Democrats have been out to impeach and remove Trump since the day after he was elected. That’s a fact. There were marches in NYC far before Trump even became President.

He's been in open violation of the Emoluments Clause(s) since the day he pretended to take office.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #68 on: October 11, 2019, 05:06:11 PM »

WRONG.

If Republicans had their priorities straight and actually believed in American values, all the stuff I mentoned wluld be more important to them than guns and abortion.

Your priorites aren’t the same as most Republicans. And that’s okay. Claiming that they don’t beleive in “American values” because they disagree with your priorities is a bit rich. In America, we’re allowed to have different political priorities than the Democrats dictate. It’s a free country.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #69 on: October 11, 2019, 05:10:22 PM »

He's been in open violation of the Emoluments Clause(s) since the day he pretended to take office.

The federal courts disagree with that.

And President Trump didn’t “pretend” to take office. You may not like it, but he actually did.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #70 on: October 11, 2019, 05:13:10 PM »

WRONG.

Your priorites aren’t the same as most Republicans. And that’s okay. Claiming that they don’t beleive in “American values” because they disagree with your priorities is a bit rich. In America, we’re allowed to have different political priorities than the Democrats dictate. It’s a free country.
Again you’re decrying leftist Atlas posters for using rhetoric the right uses all the time. Hell accusing your opponent of not having American values because they disagree with you has been a stable of republican rhetoric since Nixon
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #71 on: October 11, 2019, 05:14:15 PM »

It's expected, but still worthy of shame.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #72 on: October 11, 2019, 05:18:36 PM »

You mean Republicans?
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #73 on: October 11, 2019, 05:20:38 PM »

WRONG.

Again you’re decrying leftist Atlas posters for using rhetoric the right uses all the time. Hell accusing your opponent of not having American values because they disagree with you has been a stable of republican rhetoric since Nixon

So what? Maybe neither side should be doing that.

But it’s a free country - feel free to use whatever rhetoric you want. You probably won’t be hauled before a human “rights” tribunal to atone for your speech crime, unlike in Canada - at least yet. Let Beto or one of the Democratic candidates become President, and you might.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #74 on: October 11, 2019, 05:28:46 PM »

Supporting criminal acts is considered a political view now?  Sad.  Myself and many others like me don't have an issue with Trump because of his politics such abortion, taxes, etc.  I have a problem with him because he willingly breaks the law over & over again.  Thats not a political issue.  Our country won't survive if that is normalized and swept under the rug as "political views".
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies