What is your opinion on Republicans who support Donald Trump?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 08:58:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  What is your opinion on Republicans who support Donald Trump?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7
Author Topic: What is your opinion on Republicans who support Donald Trump?  (Read 3402 times)
The Arizonan
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 10, 2019, 02:54:30 AM »

What is your opinion on Republicans who support the so-called president?
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2019, 03:08:03 AM »

2019 Pro-Trump Republicans value winning and beating the liberals over having a competent fit leader, democracy, seperation of church and state, basic human decency for refugees, healthcare as a human right, non-rich people benefitting from the economy, our international reputation, the future of human habitability on this planet, peace on Earth or as close as we can get, making progress on our slow march towards a post-racial society, having principles that you stand by when they help you AND when they hurt you, trusting our news media on a basic level despite obvious estsblishment and corporate bias, a woman's right to choose, a non-criminal muslim's right to vacation in America, having the Statue Of Liberty and it's slogan actually mean something... I could go on.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2019, 03:08:15 AM »

Moral failures of the 10th degree.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2019, 04:41:21 AM »

I see them as cowards. And also blind.

Closed-minded, myopic, out of touch with reality. They are not thinking clearly as they continually dismiss all the evil Trump is doing in the country and the world.

Sad people.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2019, 05:12:29 AM »

You guys are so insulated in your liberal bubbles you can't even imagine a good person who happens to support Trump. Get help.
Wazza [INACTIVE]
Wazza1901
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2019, 05:27:09 AM »

You guys are so insulated in your liberal bubbles you can't even imagine a good person who happens to support Trump. Get help.

Reminds me of this:

"In a study I did with Jesse Graham and Brian Nosek, we tested how well liberals and conservatives could understand each other. We asked more than two thousand American visitors to fill out the Moral Foundations Qyestionnaire. One-third of the time they were asked to fill it out normally, answering as themselves. One-third of the time they were asked to fill it out as they think a “typical liberal” would respond. One-third of the time they were asked to fill it out as a “typical conservative” would respond. This design allowed us to examine the stereotypes that each side held about the other. More important, it allowed us to assess how accurate they were by comparing people’s expectations about “typical” partisans to the actual responses from partisans on the left and the right)’ Who was best able to pretend to be the other?

The results were clear and consistent. Moderates and conservatives were most accurate in their predictions, whether they were pretending to be liberals or conservatives. Liberals were the least accurate, especially those who described themselves as “very liberal.” The biggest errors in the whole study came when liberals answered the Care and Fairness questions while pretending to be conservatives. When faced with questions such as “One of the worst things a person could do is hurt a defenseless animal” or ”Justice is the most important requirement for a society,” liberals assumed that conservatives would disagree."

From Johnathan Haidt's The Righteous Mind.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2019, 05:32:01 AM »

Give me an example of a “good person” supporting Adolf Hitler.

Trump is a wannabe dictator, with dictatorial policies and a dictatorial outlook in the way he conducts himself and his presidency, and no good person can support that.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2019, 05:37:31 AM »

Give me an example of a “good person” supporting Adolf Hitler.

Trump is a wannabe dictator, with dictatorial policies and a dictatorial outlook in the way he conducts himself and his presidency, and no good person can support that.

Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2019, 06:30:46 AM »

It’s alt-right by me!
Tartarus Sauce
United States

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2019, 06:39:15 AM »

Enablers
This user has not been convicted of 34 felonies
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2019, 07:08:50 AM »

Half of them have Stockholm Syndrome and the other half think that following him will make it more likely that they become him, which is gross and weird and fetishistic. My parents are die-hard Trump supporters who buy into the notion that immigrants (""illegal"" immigrants) make the country worse, have a lot of strong opinions on black people, and believe that not being able to use slurs at minorities is the death of freedom. So...yeah. I think they envision themselves as slaves in a futuristic liberal society where conservatives are paraded in the streets, tarred and feathered, and spat upon by the morally superior liberal elites. But obviously that isn't what's going to happen and there's no changing their minds about that.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2019, 07:18:47 AM »

I don't think they're bad people. I think they've been conned. It's happened to all of us, though the scale here is pretty big.
This user has not been convicted of 34 felonies
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2019, 07:29:08 AM »

Of course there are good people who support Trump, but those people are also aware of the horrible things he's doing and refuse to accept someone different. It's a long con and he has little to no redeeming qualities that couldn't be found in just about any other conservative politician. He empowers racists and nazis and his hangers-on are condoning that for the sake of tax cuts and conservative judges.
Hoosier_Nick
Nicholas_Roberts
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.03, S: -7.22

« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2019, 09:35:29 AM »

Those who are blind to his fault and have drunk the Kool-aid: fools

Those who knowingly enable his corrupt administration: cowards

While the general republican voting base fall more under the former, the republicans in congress are more the latter
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2019, 09:37:29 AM »

Spineless.
Joe Biden 2024
Gorguf

« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2019, 09:40:03 AM »

They either approve of the racism, sexism, and corruption, or stand back and do nothing to stop it. Either way, they suck.
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2019, 09:42:55 AM »

They're one of:
1.Idiots who've fallen for a con artist
2.Loony conspiracy theorists
3.Greedy wealthy people
Decay
Rookie
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2019, 10:15:44 AM »

Moral degenerates. I've had patience with these people, I certainly have Trump supporters within my family and social circles whom I've respected. But any person who refuses to see what was obviously transpiring with Ukraine has the judgement of a child. And anyone who tries to justify what we did to the kurds is a moral failure.  The amount of dishonestly needed to continue to support this administration would bring shame on any person with a conscience. 
Beefalow and the Consumer
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.77, S: -8.78

« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2019, 10:23:19 AM »

Today at 06:12:29 am

In the impeachment megathread I posted a letter from Mike Gallagher to my GOP mother expressing his grave concerns about Donald Trump.

I went to middle and high school in Denmark, WI, in the heart of conservative rural northeast Wisconsin. I went to evangelical churches for over 10 years. My parents (both GOP) and in-laws still live in Green Bay and Appleton, and my in-laws are white, 60-something evangelicals.

With respect, sir, liberal bubble my a**.

If, today, 10 Oct 2019, you still stand by this president, you either lack morals and a love of this country, you are willfully ignoring the facts, or you are delusional. There aren't two sides to this.
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2019, 10:25:59 AM »

Some of them, I assume, are good people
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2019, 10:26:58 AM »
« Edited: October 10, 2019, 10:35:09 AM by 136or142 »

I don't know about 'good' but there are a lot of fairly nice people who are idiots who support Trump and a lot of loony conspiracy theorists are intelligent.  My experience with the handful of Nazi types that I know is that they're surprisingly happy go lucky (this is a very small sample size, but I have read a number of other people who've made the same observation.)

So, in that sense, they're not necessarily horrible people but they are, at best, useful idiots for Trump.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2019, 10:35:38 AM »

Why are you equating "Donald Trump" and "conservative" as if they're even close to the exact same thing? Obviously you misunderstand why liberals feel this way, OR you understand but pretend not to because actually defending Trump without these little games is next to impossible.
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2019, 10:37:05 AM »

This is why I tell them to endorse Pence and just move on with President Pence. The posturing, the demands that "FAKE NEWS!" and so on crap would immediately lessen under a President Pence. Life would become 100x better for the Republican Party.

Do they listen? Why, of course not.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2019, 10:38:49 AM »

The "fake news" is the fig leaf they use to acknowledge they don't care about the crimes and impeachable behavior. For many Republicans, it's been a debate tool to say "I don't simply recognize this because the NYT and Washington Post broke this!"

The debate tools are to ignore, minimize, and then to say "But the President said ... "

Their problem, at this point, is that the crimes and the behavior keeps piling up precisely because they enable it so much, thus they are forced to rely on these debate exercises more and more in the vain hope that it all ends somewhere.
"It all ends somewhere" hopefully becomes "Trump being dragged out of the White House screaming about Bengjazi, Her Emails, and the Democrat witch hunts".
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2019, 10:51:46 AM »

The "fake news" is the fig leaf they use to acknowledge they don't care about the crimes and impeachable behavior. For many Republicans, it's been a debate tool to say "I don't simply recognize this because the NYT and Washington Post broke this!"

The debate tools are to ignore, minimize, and then to say "But the President said ... "

Their problem, at this point, is that the crimes and the behavior keeps piling up precisely because they enable it so much, thus they are forced to rely on these debate exercises more and more in the vain hope that it all ends somewhere.
It ends when they find the down escalator to heaven.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies