Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread v2
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 27, 2024, 05:43:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread v2
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 ... 78
Author Topic: Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread v2  (Read 107669 times)
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1500 on: October 08, 2019, 12:17:17 AM »

man, his teeth fell out. that's a level of embarrassment you can't make up for by winning the Oconee County Fair Bean Count or whatever

He's old. You'll be old one day too. You can make fun of him for it, but what goes around comes around. We'll all be there one day.

Yeah, but the difference is that when I become dilapidated and senile I won't be campaigning to win the most powerful position on the planet.

Your comments go from bad to worse.
First you say that people with dementia are "pathetic." Now you describe them as "dilapidated and senile." You are one cruel ***.
Don't you have family or close friends who suffer from memory loss due to age?
And to top it off, you have some people who are recommending your vile comment. Nice.

Yeah, you're right. Let's hand the nuke codes to a second mentally unwell geriatric in a row so we don't look ageist.

Deflecting from everything I just said (and what you said).

I didn't see any point in responding. Everything you just said is wrong.

- I didn't say people with dementia are pathetic. I said Joe Biden specifically is pathetic, and only because he's staying in the race despite being visibly demented and falling apart physically.

- I didn't say people with dementia are dilapidated and senile. I said Joe Biden specifically is dilapidated and senile, because he obviously is, and not even his most ardent supporters (i.e. you) are able to deny this. All you can do is get your knickers in a twist over the (appropriately) blunt language I used to describe Biden's failing mental and physical condition.

- I actually do have a close family member who had dementia. Or, at least I had one-- my granddad didn't even recognize me or my dad for the last five years of his life. He died about a month ago. Of course, he wasn't running for president (and neither is anyone else in my family), so the mental and physical health of my relatives is of absolutely no consequence in this conversation. Heck, my uncle was in a mental asylum once. Does that mean I should therefore be okay with the criminally insane running for office?

Biden supporters are really desperate these days. After the exploding eyeball, the teeth falling out, the constant slurring of his words, and "Corn Pop," everyone understands that the man is in no state to run the country. You don't even have the decency to deny it. All you can do is whine at people who point out Biden's clearly failing medical condition, saying that they're being meanies and making fun of a sweet old man-- as if a presidential candidate's failing mental state should somehow be overlooked so that we don't hurt his feelings. It's pathetic. It's embarrassing. This whole campaign is an utter disaster. Liz Warren is within .2% of Biden on the RCP tracker. It's over. Accept it.

In conclusion, I've already spent more time on you than you deserved. Go reevaluate your preferences, and this time choose a candidate who can remember what month it is.

Nice trying to back-pedal all the crap you have been saying.
You clearly did link your negative comments towards people with dementia (in this case, Biden).
Regardless if someone is running for President or not, they don't deserve to be disrespected in the fashion you have shown here.

Would you like it if someone said your grandfather was "pathetic" for trying to continue with his chosen profession? (Biden's profession is government by the way.) That he was just "embarrassing himself" for continuing to try to live a life he knows? Your comments are just ugly and you need your head examined.

I have no issues for anyone raising concerns about a candidate who might not be physically or mentally capable of handling the job. (It should not be "overlooked.") Others have shown their concerns, in a respectable way. But your comments are deplorable, and are not in line with how we should discuss and treat our aging population.

In conclusion: Go reevaluate your moral compass. And be glad your grandfather is not in a position to read your trashy posts.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #1501 on: October 08, 2019, 12:28:54 AM »
« Edited: October 08, 2019, 12:33:55 AM by Smiling John »

You clearly did link your negative comments towards people with dementia (in this case, Biden).
Regardless if someone is running for President or not, they don't deserve to be disrespected in the fashion you have shown here.

Would you like it if someone said your grandfather was "pathetic" for trying to continue with his chosen profession? (Biden's profession is government by the way.) That he was just "embarrassing himself" for continuing to try to live a life he knows? Your comments are just ugly and you need your head examined.

I have no issues for anyone raising concerns about a candidate who might not be physically or mentally capable of handling the job. (It should not be "overlooked.") Others have shown their concerns, in a respectable way. But your comments are deplorable, and are not in line with how we should discuss and treat our aging population.

In conclusion: Go reevaluate your moral compass. And be glad your grandfather is not in a position to read your trashy posts.

I did not direct any negative comments towards people with dementia in general. I directed negative comments towards Biden, who has dementia. Please indicate to me where I said "People with dementia are pathetic." I did not. What I said was that "People who have dementia and nevertheless attempt to run for President of the United States, thereby destroying their entire political legacy with a failed, embarrassing campaign are pathetic." Either you are lying or you lack basic reading comprehension skills.

And you know what? If my granddad had tried to run for president despite being 93 years old and incapable of remembering key details of everyday events, then yeah, it would've been pretty pathetic. But fortunately, he knew his limits. So again, he's not relevant to this discussion.

The fact that you can't mentally separate these two scenarios is indicative of your own inability to think objectively-- or perhaps at all. You don't get to nominate a rambling geriatric like Biden and then whine about people "being negative" when they point out obvious trends in his behavior. Again, everybody gets this except for you and a certain D-WA avatar who shall remain unnamed.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1502 on: October 08, 2019, 12:40:59 AM »

I did not direct any negative comments towards people with dementia in general. I directed negative comments towards Biden, who has dementia. Please indicate to me where I said "People with dementia are pathetic." I did not. What I said was that "People who have dementia and nevertheless attempt to run for President of the United States, thereby destroying their entire political legacy with a failed, embarrassing campaign are pathetic."

And you know what? If my granddad had tried to run for president despite being 93 years old and incapable of remembering key details of everyday events, then yeah, it would've been pretty pathetic. But fortunately, he knew his limits. So again, he's not relevant to this discussion.

The fact that you can't mentally separate these two scenarios is indicative of your own inability to think objectively-- or perhaps at all. You don't get to nominate a rambling geriatric like Biden and then whine about people "being negative" when they point out obvious trends in his behavior. Again, everybody gets this except for you and a certain D-WA avatar who shall remain unnamed.

You absolutely linked those who are aging by referencing them to be "dilapidated and senile." It's in black and white above.
And why are you back? I thought you were done with "spending too much time" on the subject? Your conscious (if you have one) is finally seeing the light of what you have posted.
And why are you so desperate to get others to side with you? That they see it like you? ("Everyone gets this except you.") Too afraid to stand on this issue with your own two feet, are you? Do you need support?
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1503 on: October 08, 2019, 12:43:27 AM »

I did not direct any negative comments towards people with dementia in general. I directed negative comments towards Biden, who has dementia. Please indicate to me where I said "People with dementia are pathetic." I did not. What I said was that "People who have dementia and nevertheless attempt to run for President of the United States, thereby destroying their entire political legacy with a failed, embarrassing campaign are pathetic."

You absolutely linked those who are aging by referencing them to be "dilapidated and senile." It's in black and white above.
And why are you back? I thought you were done with "spending too much time" on the subject? Your conscious (if you have one) is finally seeing the light of what you have posted.
And why are you so desperate to get others to side with you? That they see it like you? ("Everyone gets this except you.") Too afraid to stand on this issue with your own two feet, are you?

You are becoming incoherent in your anger. It's unbecoming. This is my post in context:

man, his teeth fell out. that's a level of embarrassment you can't make up for by winning the Oconee County Fair Bean Count or whatever

He's old. You'll be old one day too. You can make fun of him for it, but what goes around comes around. We'll all be there one day.

Yeah, but the difference is that when I become dilapidated and senile I won't be campaigning to win the most powerful position on the planet.

Now that you see that I was clearly referring to Biden specifically, I accept your apology.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1504 on: October 08, 2019, 12:56:12 AM »

And why are you so desperate to get others to side with you? That they see it like you? ("Everyone gets this except you.") Too afraid to stand on this issue with your own two feet, are you?

You are becoming incoherent in your anger. It's unbecoming. This is my post in context:

Now that you see that I was clearly referring to Biden specifically, I accept your apology.

Except I had previously pointed that you were talking about Biden.
You linked Biden to a comment about dementia, then went on to link the words dilapidated and senile. Hell, you even went on to describe someone (Biden) with a broken eye vessel as an "exploding eyeball."
What next? You obviously describe physical ailments in people in condescending and obnoxious ways, so you have nothing to stand-on with all your other deplorable comments about those who are aging and the changes that they experience with their bodies.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1505 on: October 08, 2019, 12:59:56 AM »

You linked Biden to a comment about dementia, then went on to link the words dilapidated and senile. Hell, you even went on to describe someone (Biden) with a broken eye vessel as an "exploding eyeball."
What next? You obviously describe physical ailments in people in condescending and obnoxious ways, so you have nothing to stand-on with all your other deplorable comments about those who are aging and the changes that they experience with their bodies.

Indicate to me where I made any blanket statements about people with dementia, or admit that you are simply misrepresenting my comments. It's your choice.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1506 on: October 08, 2019, 01:17:36 AM »

Indicate to me where I made any blanket statements about people with dementia, or admit that you are simply misrepresenting my comments. It's your choice.

Just look at your "exploding eyeball" comment to describe who you truly are.
Think about apologizing to everyone who suffers from ailments of any kind.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1507 on: October 08, 2019, 01:21:52 AM »

Just look at your "exploding eyeball" comment to describe who you truly are.
Think about apologizing to everyone who suffers from ailments of any kind.

heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #1508 on: October 08, 2019, 06:49:00 AM »

Biden supporters: stop wasting your time arguing with degenerate NEETS. We’re the ones with the positive views on Chick-fil-a and Seaworld, not them. We’re the normal ones.
Frenchrepublican
Junior Chimp

P P P
« Reply #1509 on: October 08, 2019, 09:13:18 AM »

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/464750-donors-express-frustrations-over-biden

I love this quote :
“The type of big donors that might give to Joe Biden only invest in sure things,” he said. “Biden’s nomination looked like a sure thing back in the spring when he got into the race with a 25 percent lead, so he raised a lot of money. Now his nomination is a crapshoot after flubs on the campaign trail, poor debate performances and the big surge by Elizabeth Warren."
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1510 on: October 08, 2019, 05:05:04 PM »

Biden supporters: stop wasting your time arguing with degenerate NEETS. We’re the ones with the positive views on Chick-fil-a and Seaworld, not them. We’re the normal ones.

What's wrong with seaworld???
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1511 on: October 08, 2019, 05:28:45 PM »

What's wrong with seaworld???

Nothing if you don't gaf about animal rights.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1512 on: October 08, 2019, 07:53:10 PM »

It is clear to me that the Ukraine controversy is damaging Biden in the primary. The extent of that damage can be debated, but it is undeniable that it is happening. Other factors-such as Biden's gaffes and more "unsettling" revelations about his prior political past-are playing a role as well, and Warren of course, is proving herself to be much sharper and far more substantive, on matters of policy, than either Biden or Sanders.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #1513 on: October 09, 2019, 08:55:46 AM »

It's strange to see the Democrats going all in on this impeachment process knowing it will hurt Biden. I can't imagine they will be ok with Warren as the nominee, but maybe I am wrong. While she is polling well now, I wonder how well she will poll once her policies and beliefs are put out there on a national stage when people are paying attention.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

P P P

« Reply #1514 on: October 09, 2019, 09:06:34 AM »

The problem for Biden is that he made Beau Biden the hero of the political family; as a result, since Hunter Biden doesnt want to be seen like his brother, it appears that they are hiding something. This is why Biden will lose
roxas11
United States

« Reply #1515 on: October 09, 2019, 05:39:05 PM »
« Edited: October 09, 2019, 05:42:17 PM by roxas11 »

It's strange to see the Democrats going all in on this impeachment process knowing it will hurt Biden. I can't imagine they will be ok with Warren as the nominee, but maybe I am wrong. While she is polling well now, I wonder how well she will poll once her policies and beliefs are put out there on a national stage when people are paying attention.

By the end of day elections are always a referendum on the president
We always try to pretend like its a choice between two candidates but its really not. If people really want change they will simply ignore all of the flaws of the candidates ruining against the incumbent president and vote for them anyway

That is a big reason why Independent voters nearly always votes against the Presidents and his party during elections

Just look at 2016
Trump was a deeply flawed candidate with a lot of unpopular and controversial policies but in the end that did not matter. enough voters wanted change and they wanted to move away from the Obama/ Clinton era. It didn't matter how many debates Hillary won or how much they personally hated Trump. On election day Independent voters Broke for trump and against the sitting Presidents party

Come November if the american people does not think Trump is doing a good job  
he is not getting reelected and Biden or Warren will be out next president

On the other had if enough of the american people think he is doing a great job
then he is going to get reelected and both Warren and Biden are doomed not matter what they do or say
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1516 on: October 09, 2019, 06:01:16 PM »

We always try to pretend like its a choice between two candidates but its really not. If people really want change they will simply ignore all of the flaws of the candidates ruining against the incumbent president and vote for them anyway

That is a big reason why Independent voters nearly always votes against the Presidents and his party during elections

Just look at 2016
Trump was a deeply flawed candidate with a lot of unpopular and controversial policies but in the end that did not matter. enough voters wanted change and they wanted to move away from the Obama/ Clinton era. It didn't matter how many debates Hillary won or how much they personally hated Trump. On election day Independent voters Broke for trump and against the sitting Presidents party

then he is going to get reelected and both Warren and Biden are doomed not matter what they do or say

Indies didn't vote for Obama in 2012, nor Bush in '04.

Self described "moderates" voted against ALL the Bushes, even after Reagan and Ford won them.
Thank you for being a friend...
progressive85
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1517 on: October 09, 2019, 09:41:38 PM »

The problem with Joe is that in his previous presidential campaigns he was awful - he's where he is in the polls not because of a strong campaign, but because of other reasons, one of them being his stature as Vice President for eight years and association with Barack Obama.  Had he never been picked to be VP by Obama in 2008 and decided to run again in 2020, no one would really see him as viable.
roxas11
United States

« Reply #1518 on: October 09, 2019, 10:34:48 PM »
« Edited: October 10, 2019, 12:36:10 PM by roxas11 »

Just look at 2016

Indies didn't vote for Obama in 2012, nor Bush in '04.

Self described "moderates" voted against ALL the Bushes, even after Reagan and Ford won them.

There is huge difference Between bush 2004 /Obama 12 and Trump 2020

Obama was able to withstand losing independent voters to Romney because he had historically high Black support. ( he also increased his support with both Hispanic and Asian voters in 2012)

Bush was also able to lose independent voters to Kerry since he pulled off winning 40 percent of Hispanic Voters. he actually expanded his support beyond the GOP base

In both cases they were able to lose independents because they were getting increasing support from minorities voters.

Trump does not have that option nor will  he be getting that kind of support from minorities in 2020
If he loses independents in 2020 he is doomed
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #1519 on: October 10, 2019, 01:11:31 PM »

Oh man, I love this man! A truly presidential speech.

henster
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1520 on: October 10, 2019, 01:28:31 PM »

I could see Kamala bringing this up if the moderators ask about Kavanaugh in the next debate.

libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1521 on: October 10, 2019, 01:29:05 PM »

I could see Kamala bringing this up if the moderators ask about Kavanaugh in the next debate.

She'd look even more pathetic.  America's moved on from the Kavanaugh thing.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

P P P

« Reply #1522 on: October 10, 2019, 01:30:42 PM »

Yes, Americans have moved on from Kavanaugh
henster
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1523 on: October 10, 2019, 01:36:19 PM »

She'd look even more pathetic.  America's moved on from the Kavanaugh thing.

Moved on? Kavanaugh and Thomas are still on the court for years to come, they'll be the key votes in allowing employers to fire people because they're gay and overturning Roe v. Wade. And perhaps had Joe Biden believed Anita Hill and gave her a fair hearing Thomas wouldn't be on the court.
roxas11
United States

« Reply #1524 on: October 10, 2019, 02:17:29 PM »
« Edited: October 10, 2019, 02:32:43 PM by roxas11 »

She'd look even more pathetic.  America's moved on from the Kavanaugh thing.

Perhaps had Joe Biden believed Anita Hill and gave her a fair hearing Thomas wouldn't be on the court.

What nonsense

Im sorry be the fact is the people who voted they way they did were not going to change their votes not matter what Biden did. Thomas was very popular with the American people at the time and most did not believe Anita Hill at all. Trust me as an African American I know first hand that Black support was 100 percent behind Thomas .

"She is liar who is just looking for attention"

Is something I consistently heard from some of my family members around that time.
In many ways The 90s was the anti Me too era and Sexual harassment was still not taken seriously

As a said before A key part of the Dem base Black voters were were backing Thomas and The Dems fell in line and voted for him because of that. The Dems in conservative states were not going to vote against him no matter what.

Now could Biden have done it better sure he could have
Would it have made any real difference in the end  "Hell No"

Biden can be be blamed for many things but Thomas getting on the court is not one of them.

Pages: 1 ... 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 ... 78  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies