Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread v2
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 29, 2024, 07:54:54 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread v2
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65 ... 78
Author Topic: Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread v2  (Read 107751 times)
BundouYMB

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1475 on: October 06, 2019, 12:54:00 PM »

man, his teeth fell out. that's a level of embarrassment you can't make up for by winning the Oconee County Fair Bean Count or whatever

He's old. You'll be old one day too. You can make fun of him for it, but what goes around comes around. We'll all be there one day.
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.25, S: -6.50

« Reply #1476 on: October 06, 2019, 03:57:56 PM »

Apparently, the Biden campaign is starting to run low on cash, and many of his big donors have already maxed out.

https://www.politico.com/news/2019/10/04/biden-cash-2020-campaign-029163
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1477 on: October 06, 2019, 05:08:50 PM »

Apparently, the Biden campaign is starting to run low on cash, and many of his big donors have already maxed out.

This is the man many on this forum said was more formidable than Hillary. Lmaoooo.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1478 on: October 06, 2019, 05:20:22 PM »

It's becoming clearer and clearer by the day that Biden would be a horrific candidate for Democrats next year, and would probably lose the election to Trump. I think Democrats might actually be justified in shifting their support to Elizabeth Warren or some other candidate.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #1479 on: October 06, 2019, 05:24:05 PM »

man, his teeth fell out. that's a level of embarrassment you can't make up for by winning the Oconee County Fair Bean Count or whatever

He's old. You'll be old one day too. You can make fun of him for it, but what goes around comes around. We'll all be there one day.

Yeah, but the difference is that when I become dilapidated and senile I won't be campaigning to win the most powerful position on the planet.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1480 on: October 06, 2019, 05:44:09 PM »

When you support a healthcare system that doesn't do much to really make it easier for dental coverage and then your teeth fall out, you deserve to be laughed at at least for the irony.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #1481 on: October 06, 2019, 10:32:52 PM »

TIL nobody dies young.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

P P P

« Reply #1482 on: October 07, 2019, 12:15:23 PM »

Its not the fact that Joe is old, its the fact he may have dementia. Gaffes are way of knowledge if one has dimentia. Reagan also had dimenia, but like Obama and Clinton, they were great communicators.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1483 on: October 07, 2019, 01:05:16 PM »

Its not the fact that Joe is old, its the fact he may have dementia. Gaffes are way of knowledge if one has dimentia. Reagan also had dimenia, but like Obama and Clinton, they were great communicators.

You somehow managed to spell dementia three different ways in one post.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1484 on: October 07, 2019, 01:42:56 PM »

Yeah, but the difference is that when I become dilapidated and senile I won't be campaigning to win the most powerful position on the planet.

Your comments go from bad to worse.
First you say that people with dementia are "pathetic." Now you describe them as "dilapidated and senile." You are one cruel ***.
Don't you have family or close friends who suffer from memory loss due to age?
And to top it off, you have some people who are recommending your vile comment. Nice.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1485 on: October 07, 2019, 03:09:20 PM »

First you say that people with dementia are "pathetic." Now you describe them as "dilapidated and senile." You are one cruel ***.
And to top it off, you have some people who are recommending your vile comment. Nice.

Yeah, you're right. Let's hand the nuke codes to a second mentally unwell geriatric in a row so we don't look ageist.
darklordoftech
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1486 on: October 07, 2019, 03:32:59 PM »

Biden has been gaffe-prone long before he had any gray hair.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1487 on: October 07, 2019, 07:10:50 PM »

Yeah, you're right. Let's hand the nuke codes to a second mentally unwell geriatric in a row so we don't look ageist.

Deflecting from everything I just said (and what you said).
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1488 on: October 07, 2019, 07:26:24 PM »

I didn't see any point in responding. Everything you just said is wrong.

- I didn't say people with dementia are pathetic. I said Joe Biden specifically is pathetic, and only because he's staying in the race despite being visibly demented and falling apart physically.

- I didn't say people with dementia are dilapidated and senile. I said Joe Biden specifically is dilapidated and senile, because he obviously is, and not even his most ardent supporters (i.e. you) are able to deny this. All you can do is get your knickers in a twist over the (appropriately) blunt language I used to describe Biden's failing mental and physical condition.

- I actually do have a close family member who had dementia. Or, at least I had one-- my granddad didn't even recognize me or my dad for the last five years of his life. He died about a month ago. Of course, he wasn't running for president (and neither is anyone else in my family), so the mental and physical health of my relatives is of absolutely no consequence in this conversation. Heck, my uncle was in a mental asylum once. Does that mean I should therefore be okay with the criminally insane running for office?

Biden supporters are really desperate these days. After the exploding eyeball, the teeth falling out, the constant slurring of his words, and "Corn Pop," everyone understands that the man is in no state to run the country. You don't even have the decency to deny it. All you can do is whine at people who point out Biden's clearly failing medical condition, saying that they're being meanies and making fun of a sweet old man-- as if a presidential candidate's failing mental state should somehow be overlooked so that we don't hurt his feelings. It's pathetic. It's embarrassing. This whole campaign is an utter disaster. Liz Warren is within .2% of Biden on the RCP tracker. It's over. Accept it.

In conclusion, I've already spent more time on you than you deserved. Go reevaluate your preferences, and this time choose a candidate who can remember what month it is.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1489 on: October 07, 2019, 07:32:45 PM »

If that is all you see, then you are very much missing the point.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #1490 on: October 07, 2019, 08:01:54 PM »

I’m tired of hearing that Biden has always been prone to gaffes. It’s true. He has often said things he shouldn’t. He often runs his mouth.

The problem with Biden isn’t so much “gaffes” as it is stumbles. He is so much less sharp than he was in 2012, and he does seem to have more difficulty stringing complex thoughts into coherent sentences and spitting out the right words. These red flags go beyond “gaffes.”
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

P P P

« Reply #1491 on: October 07, 2019, 09:46:00 PM »

2008 was Hilary's moment and 2016, was Biden's moment. Biden wasnt the best candidate to run, as the busing issue is gonna be remembered as the issue that cost Biden his campaign.  Just like Rev Wright issue cost Hilary against Obama
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1492 on: October 07, 2019, 10:50:11 PM »

Biden really needs to start fighting back against the Ukraine prosecutor allegations. All we're getting from him is radio silence while Trump is airing ads peddling this baseless conspiracy theory, which will become the generally-accepted truth if Biden doesn't start fighting back.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1493 on: October 07, 2019, 11:07:05 PM »

Biden supporters are really desperate these days. After the exploding eyeball, the teeth falling out, the constant slurring of his words, and "Corn Pop," everyone understands that the man is in no state to run the country. You don't even have the decency to deny it. All you can do is whine at people who point out Biden's clearly failing medical condition, saying that they're being meanies and making fun of a sweet old man-- as if a presidential candidate's failing mental state should somehow be overlooked so that we don't hurt his feelings. It's pathetic. It's embarrassing. This whole campaign is an utter disaster. Liz Warren is within .2% of Biden on the RCP tracker. It's over. Accept it.

Exploding eyeball was a minor injury that can happen to anyone regardless of age.

Biden's teeth did not fall out because Biden does not wear dentures.

Biden does not slur his words.  He speaks clearly most of the time, and then sometimes stumbles and garbles his words.  That is very different from "slurring" which he never does.

Corn Pop was a video clip from three years ago.

Do you ever contribute anything positive to this forum?  As soon as I see the yellow California avatar I immediately know it's going to be lies, conspiracy theories, and utter nastiness towards other users.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1494 on: October 07, 2019, 11:32:30 PM »

As soon as I see the yellow California avatar I immediately know it's going to be lies, conspiracy theories, and utter nastiness towards other users.

That's the John Dule guarantee, or your money back!
Epaminondas

« Reply #1495 on: October 07, 2019, 11:32:59 PM »

Do you ever contribute anything positive to this forum?  As soon as I see the yellow California avatar I immediately know it's going to be lies, conspiracy theories, and utter nastiness towards other users.

How is this nastier than your constant shameless slandering of Sanders supporters as cultist and sexist?
For all his strong rhetoric, at least Smiling John is excoriating Biden directly and not his individual supporters, and he raises fair points about ability.

Stop feeling sorry for yourself because you're likely not getting your favourite candidate. It's a feature of the system that most primary voters ultimately feel disappointed.
If you want that to change, campaign to abolish FPTP like in Maine. With IRV, everyone is partially satisfied.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1496 on: October 07, 2019, 11:36:37 PM »

How is this nastier than your constant shameless slandering of Sanders supporters as cultist and sexist?

Can you provide a single quote where I've ever slandered a Sanders supporter as being sexist?  I think you may be mixing me up with someone else.

I slander Sanders supporters, or at least a specific subset of them, for behaving like cult members and/or children who don't understand politics outside of "everything Bernie says is gold and everyone who stands in his way is worse than Hitler."

For all his strong rhetoric, At least Smiling John is excoriating Biden directly and not his individual supporters, and he makes fair points.

The only actual content in my post was illustrating why he's not making fair points.  For Christ's sake, he used a video from three years ago as proof that Joe is demented.

Stop feeling sorry for yourself because you're likely not getting your favourite candidate. It's a feature of the system that most primary voters feel disappointed.

If "sorry for myself" is the tone you've been getting from my posts, you're wrong.  I'm f***ing angry.  I'm angry at the media for assisting Trump in turning the Hunter Biden story into a big old scandal for Joe, and I'm angry at my fellow Democrats for being so f***ing dumb that they let Trump dunk on them time and time again, this time by choosing his opponent in the most obvious way possible.
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #1497 on: October 07, 2019, 11:39:03 PM »

I’m tired of hearing that Biden has always been prone to gaffes. It’s true. He has often said things he shouldn’t. He often runs his mouth.

The problem with Biden isn’t so much “gaffes” as it is stumbles. He is so much less sharp than he was in 2012, and he does seem to have more difficulty stringing complex thoughts into coherent sentences and spitting out the right words. These red flags go beyond “gaffes.”

Biden is just running to sell more books. He has defrauded the people of this country
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1498 on: October 07, 2019, 11:43:46 PM »

The only actual content in my post was illustrating why he's not making fair points.  For Christ's sake, he used a video from three years ago as proof that Joe is demented.

So your argument is that Biden, contrary to popular belief, started going to the funny farm three years before he started running for president. How exactly is that supposed to imbue me with a sense of confidence that he'll be able to handle Trump, again?
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1499 on: October 07, 2019, 11:48:14 PM »

So your argument is that Biden, contrary to popular belief, started going to the funny farm three years before he started running for president. How exactly is that supposed to imbue me with a sense of confidence that he'll be able to handle Trump, again?

How on earth is the Corn Pop story "going to the funny farm"?
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65 ... 78  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies