Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread v2
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 04:28:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread v2
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 ... 78
Author Topic: Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread v2  (Read 106814 times)
Possiblymaybe
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #275 on: July 09, 2019, 08:33:21 AM »
« edited: July 09, 2019, 08:47:24 AM by Possiblymaybe »

RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #276 on: July 09, 2019, 09:41:44 AM »

Opposition to busing isn't opposition to integration; it's opposition to having your kid shipped across town to a sh*tty school in a ghetto.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

P P P

« Reply #277 on: July 09, 2019, 02:24:12 PM »
« Edited: July 09, 2019, 02:33:57 PM by Cory Booker »

The only reason, why Biden has kept his lead in the polls is that all the other candidates are not going after one another, to force dropouts. They are focused only on Biden. With so many candidates in the race, splitting the vote, Biden will win
American2020
CĂ´te d'Ivoire

« Reply #278 on: July 10, 2019, 10:36:16 AM »

Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #279 on: July 10, 2019, 11:44:26 AM »

New megathread split from old one because it was getting to 2,000 posts.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #280 on: July 10, 2019, 05:00:13 PM »

New megathread split from old one because it was getting to 2,000 posts.

Aww, thanks for making the first post of this new thread one of the ones where I actually look prescient.

(Thank you will be retroactively withdrawn if Biden surges again)
American2020
CĂ´te d'Ivoire

« Reply #281 on: July 11, 2019, 03:13:39 PM »

Read the tweet from an "Independant" journalist, please.

Brazil Huh Mali Huh Paraguay Huh

Bizarre !!!
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #282 on: July 11, 2019, 03:25:59 PM »

Going after Obama is silly. He's the most beloved figure within the Democratic Party (for a good reason).
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #283 on: July 11, 2019, 03:51:49 PM »

Bizarre !!!

I think that technically the US provided some assistance to the French campaign in Mali in 2012.

Brazil and Paraguay are a big Huh for me, though.
American2020
CĂ´te d'Ivoire

« Reply #284 on: July 11, 2019, 04:35:46 PM »

Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #285 on: July 15, 2019, 07:51:18 AM »

Biden unveils health care plan: Affordable Care Act 2.0

Democratic front-runner Joe Biden today will unveil a health plan that’s intended to preserve the most popular parts of Obamacare — from Medicaid expansion to protections for patients with pre-existing conditions — and build on them with a new government-run public insurance option.

Biden would also empower Medicare to directly negotiate drug prices, allow the importation of prescription drugs from abroad and extend tax credits to help tens of millions of Americans buy lower-priced health insurance.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #286 on: July 15, 2019, 09:26:23 AM »

Democratic front-runner Joe Biden today will unveil a health plan that’s intended to preserve the most popular parts of Obamacare — from Medicaid expansion to protections for patients with pre-existing conditions — and build on them with a new government-run public insurance option.

Biden would also empower Medicare to directly negotiate drug prices, allow the importation of prescription drugs from abroad and extend tax credits to help tens of millions of Americans buy lower-priced health insurance.

Although I prefer universal health care, this would be a significant improvement from where we are now. Neither will happen though if the GOP keeps the senate, regardless of who is prez from January 2021 onward. Biden is wrong by saying the GOP will return to normalcy after Trump is out. They will continue obstruction of any Dem prez until multiple and massive election losses happen.
Some of My Best Friends Are Gay
Enlightened_Centrist 420
YaBB God

« Reply #287 on: July 15, 2019, 10:10:20 AM »

Going after Obama is silly. He's the most beloved figure within the Democratic Party (for a good reason).

It's not silly, he was a pretty bad President if you actually look at what he did and not just at the hype and rhetoric.
JG

« Reply #288 on: July 15, 2019, 10:21:33 AM »

Is it much different to HRC's healthcare plan had she won in 2016?
Heebie Jeebie
jeb_arlo
United States

« Reply #289 on: July 15, 2019, 10:32:12 AM »

They're both the same in that neither one has a chance in hell of making it through the Senate.
brucejoel99
Atlas Star
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #290 on: July 15, 2019, 10:36:36 AM »

With the exception of seemingly no mention of Medicare at 55 (admittedly, though, I've only read the news articles about the plan rather than the actual plan itself), I don't think so, no.

I've also heard no mention of the Biden plan restoring the individual mandate, which I think would be a mistake to not restore.

It's not silly, he was a pretty bad President if you actually look at what he did and not just at the hype and rhetoric.

It's silly in the context of being a Democratic presidential candidate, since the voters you need to win over in order to successfully become the nominee (let alone keep as part of your coalition to win the general election come November) massively support Obama & won't take kindly to criticism being levied at him.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #291 on: July 15, 2019, 12:05:41 PM »

It actually is. If you think black people in the South care about who he bombed in the Middle East or whatever I have some ocean front property in Kansas to sell you.

Anyway, I think it's cute how Biden threw up the Obama shield in his new ad on his healthcare plan when Obama endorsed Medicare for All 10 months ago:

H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #292 on: July 15, 2019, 12:09:48 PM »

Bizarre !!!

I think that technically the US provided some assistance to the French campaign in Mali in 2012.

Brazil and Paraguay are a big Huh for me, though.

Brazil and Paraguay went through highly politicized impeachment scandals during the Obama administration (both considered coups by many on the left in their countries and internationally), although I’m not quite sure what role the US government played beyond just recognizing the post-impeachment governments there (Michel Temer and Rafael Franco).
brucejoel99
Atlas Star
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #293 on: July 15, 2019, 12:18:12 PM »

It actually is. If you think black people in the South care about who he bombed in the Middle East or whatever I have some ocean front property in Kansas to sell you.

Anyway, I think it's cute how Biden threw up the Obama shield in his new ad on his healthcare plan when Obama endorsed Medicare for All 10 months ago:

An endorsement that means nothing when everybody knows that such a bill is going to be politically impossible to enact.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #294 on: July 15, 2019, 12:40:26 PM »

An endorsement that means nothing when everybody knows that such a bill is going to be politically impossible to enact.
I'm not critiquing Biden's plan. It's just cute that he's framing Medicare for All as a personal affront to President Obama's legacy when Obama endorsed it just 10 months ago. But I know this is what he needs to do to win this primary. Make it about someone else because he can't stand on his own merits.
I Can Now Die Happy
NYC Millennial Minority
United States
Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: -4.70

P P
« Reply #295 on: July 15, 2019, 06:56:27 PM »

I'm not critiquing Biden's plan. It's just cute that he's framing Medicare for All as a personal affront to President Obama's legacy when Obama endorsed it just 10 months ago. But I know this is what he needs to do to win this primary. Make it about someone else because he can't stand on his own merits.

You shouldn't worry too much about Feeble Joe. Your gal Harris will take him down for us, I have faith in that prediction.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #296 on: July 16, 2019, 12:59:30 PM »

Joe Biden was on Morning Joe today. Purple heart

All the clips: https://www.msnbc.com/morning-joe
No War, but the War on Christmas
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #297 on: July 16, 2019, 02:49:48 PM »

Oh my God, he’d be clobbered by Trump in a debate rhetorically. So many non-answers.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #298 on: July 16, 2019, 03:57:19 PM »

Oh my God, he’d be clobbered by Trump in a debate rhetorically. So many non-answers.

Wait, when did Donald Trump ever answer a question with substance? All he does is talking nonsense.
No War, but the War on Christmas
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #299 on: July 16, 2019, 05:18:51 PM »
« Edited: July 16, 2019, 05:30:08 PM by iBizzBee »

Wait, when did Donald Trump ever answer a question with substance? All he does is talking nonsense.

Not my point, and let’s be honest, substance is only half the equation. Look at Biden in that interview, his responses were delayed, he declined to answer multiple simple questions, he obviously isn’t very good with anything but prescripted campaign statements. Trump, for all his flaws, knows how to play to a crowd and has a sort of perverse charisma — he’d eat Biden alive in a debate.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 ... 78  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies