2nd DEM Debate Thread: July 30 & 31, Detroit (MI), CNN
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 08:29:42 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  2nd DEM Debate Thread: July 30 & 31, Detroit (MI), CNN
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 62
Author Topic: 2nd DEM Debate Thread: July 30 & 31, Detroit (MI), CNN  (Read 63301 times)
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #200 on: July 27, 2019, 01:54:12 AM »

Ngl that last one by Bennet was pretty funny lol
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #201 on: July 28, 2019, 07:44:20 AM »

It is a shame that Yang and Bennet don't get their own debate. /s
EJ24
United States

« Reply #202 on: July 28, 2019, 08:26:19 AM »

Does anybody else think Biden is gonna go after Harris on something and it's gonna massively backfire?
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #203 on: July 28, 2019, 11:20:36 AM »

Does anybody else think Biden is gonna go after Harris on something and it's gonna massively backfire?

I’m sure he’s going to go after for being a prosecutor vs him being a public defender, and I’m sure she’s already got a response prepared for that.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #204 on: July 28, 2019, 12:26:34 PM »

I’m sure he’s going to go after for being a prosecutor vs him being a public defender, and I’m sure she’s already got a response prepared for that.

Biden has plenty of material including Harris jailing for truancy, pushing for death penalty for innocent African American guy & aggressive sentencing & so on.

Gabbard can go after Mnuchin's donations to Harris & that Harris decided not to prosecute the fraud. Ofcourse Harris has enough stuff to go after Gabbard as well.

There is plenty of legitimate material to go after Harris.

And Bain loving Big Pharma Booker has literally massive material. He is a joke & anyone can destroy him.

I see De Blasio also going after Booker (Big Pharma) or Harris (Prosecutor Record) or Biden (Pathetic record). Gillibrand also has to go after someone to save her campaign.

The 2nd Debate will be awesome. In the 1st debate, Hickenlooper, O'Rourke, Buttigieg, Bullock & many others could go after Warren or Bernie which will backfire. It will only give Bernie more chance to redefine the debate on his terms & would make him sound like the "radical" & "frontrunner" that he wants to be desperately. The 2nd debate though is unpredictable & potentially awesome.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #205 on: July 28, 2019, 06:04:34 PM »

That's really all he has, he can't go after her on her spotty criminal justice record because he wrote the bill that may have forced her to abide by the bill.
Possiblymaybe
« Reply #206 on: July 28, 2019, 09:52:50 PM »
« Edited: July 30, 2019, 05:08:46 PM by Speaker YE »

Democrats prepare for debate brawl with Joe Biden

They don't want to talk about it, but the struggling Kirsten Gillibrand campaign appears to have spent a lot of time Googling Joe Biden as of late. The New York senator has publicly —and cryptically — alluded to unnamed Democratic candidates who "do not believe necessarily that it's a good idea that women work outside the home." The remark, which she's declined to clarify, has generated fervid speculation.

The intrigue: Meanwhile, an account on the site newspapers.com that appears to be linked to her campaign has been gathering news articles about the former vice president's stance on the child tax credit in the '80s. (The newspaper.com account and related Twitter account appear to have been taken down after we approached the Gillibrand campaign for comment.)

https://www.axios.com/democrats-prepare-detroit-debates-biden-attacks-a68c17d9-104e-4e6c-8f2d-1e50d12dce95.html
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #207 on: July 29, 2019, 07:24:10 AM »

Booker has officially made the September debate.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #208 on: July 29, 2019, 08:55:28 AM »

The Harris campaign has probably done a fair amount of oppo research on Biden and she'll hit back with something completely out of left field and Biden will look like a deer in headlights just like he did when Bennet criticized him over the permanent tax cut deal.
Senator Incitatus
AMB1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.06, S: 5.74

« Reply #209 on: July 29, 2019, 09:55:15 PM »

It looks like Biden is actually in a stronger position for the second debate than he was going into the first.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #210 on: July 29, 2019, 10:31:21 PM »

It looks like Biden is actually in a stronger position for the second debate than he was going into the first.
Nightcore Nationalist
Okthisisnotepic.

« Reply #211 on: July 30, 2019, 06:26:42 AM »

Democrats prepare for debate brawl with Joe Biden

They don't want to talk about it, but the struggling Kirsten Gillibrand campaign appears to have spent a lot of time Googling Joe Biden as of late. The New York senator has publicly —and cryptically — alluded to unnamed Democratic candidates who "do not believe necessarily that it's a good idea that women work outside the home." The remark, which she's declined to clarify, has generated fervid speculation.

Holy cow Gilibrand is utterly delusional if she actually believes some candidates think that.
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 2.09

P P P
« Reply #212 on: July 30, 2019, 11:11:01 AM »

Actually I think Harris is going to embarrass herself attacking Biden on something.
beaver2.0
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -0.52

P P

« Reply #213 on: July 30, 2019, 12:07:41 PM »

It sucks that they’re trying to push Yang out.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #214 on: July 30, 2019, 12:25:12 PM »

Unlike their Bullock poll rejection, this was OK from the DNC.

Their rules have always said that 2 polls from the same sponsor would not count for a candidate.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #215 on: July 30, 2019, 12:47:24 PM »

Yang (and Castro) are very likely to qualify. Both are one poll away with the deadline August 28th.
Buzz

« Reply #216 on: July 30, 2019, 12:53:28 PM »

I'm here to watch Williamson tonight, that is all.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #217 on: July 30, 2019, 01:16:43 PM »

Actually I think Harris is going to embarrass herself attacking Biden on something.

This.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #218 on: July 30, 2019, 02:09:15 PM »

A smarter move on her part would be to stay above the fray and let others attack Biden (which they will probably do since it worked for Harris last time).
henster
Junior Chimp

« Reply #219 on: July 30, 2019, 02:27:13 PM »

A smarter move on her part would be to stay above the fray and let others attack Biden (which they will probably do since it worked for Harris last time).

I doubt that. She's a prosecutor and they plan things out meticulously before trial and are very well composed. I just don't see how people who see Kamala perform in Senate hearings think she'd perform poorly in a debate.
Senator Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: 0.00

P P P
« Reply #220 on: July 30, 2019, 04:20:23 PM »

I'm here to watch Williamson tonight, that is all.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #221 on: July 30, 2019, 04:32:30 PM »

I doubt that. She's a prosecutor and they plan things out meticulously before trial and are very well composed. I just don't see how people who see Kamala perform in Senate hearings think she'd perform poorly in a debate.

It's kinda-of an aside, but of all the candidates, the one I would most like to see up on a debate stage with Mr. Trump is Sen. Harris. (Assuming he holds together well enough to be the nominee.) A competent series of attacks that he can't walk away from and fails to deflect will expose him for the liar and fraud that he is. It probably wouldn't matter to the Republicans, but it would still be good to see. And Sen. Harris is probably best-equipped of all the likely candidates to deliver such a verbal dismemberment. (Rep. Gabbard likely could as well,  but seems unlikely to win the nomination, and seems like she might refrain from doing so even if the possibility presented itself.)
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #222 on: July 30, 2019, 04:45:04 PM »

Implying anyone cares about Andrew Yang enough to push him out.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #223 on: July 30, 2019, 04:48:09 PM »

I can't wait for Steve Bullock to wreck some fools tonight
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 2.09

P P P
« Reply #224 on: July 30, 2019, 04:54:48 PM »

I can't wait for Steve Bullock to wreck some fools tonight

This, i'm really excited about Bullock. Him and Bennet are the two people in the dem primary who I really like and hope win, I can't wait to see how he does tonight.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 62  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies