2nd DEM Debate Thread: July 30 & 31, Detroit (MI), CNN
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:02:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  2nd DEM Debate Thread: July 30 & 31, Detroit (MI), CNN
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 62
Author Topic: 2nd DEM Debate Thread: July 30 & 31, Detroit (MI), CNN  (Read 60776 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 01, 2019, 11:42:11 PM »
« edited: July 30, 2019, 09:08:03 PM by Speaker YE »

This will take place in 4 weeks.

Link
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2019, 11:59:02 PM »

Thx for sticking.

The criteria for this CNN debate are the same as for the MSNBC debate, but it seems Bullock has a better chance to qualify this time, as he now has the 3 polls necessary.

This will put him in a fight with Swalwell for the 20th spot, who also has 3 polls right now. But there's still 2 weeks left and more polls will come out until the DNC decides who has qualified.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2019, 12:30:30 AM »

This will put him in a fight with Swalwell for the 20th spot

Go Bullock!
izixs
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.31, S: -6.51

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2019, 12:34:27 AM »

I'm ok with trading out Ryan, Williamson, or Delaney for Bullock. Mainly because that's the trio that annoyed me the most in the first debate.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2019, 12:38:31 AM »

I'm ok with trading out Ryan, Williamson, or Delaney for Bullock. Mainly because that's the trio that annoyed me the most in the first debate.

Not going to happen.

They all have more polls than Bullock and/or more donors.

It's mostly about Swallwell vs. Bullock.
cvparty
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2019, 12:49:59 AM »

are you coming for marianne rn? girlfriend you are so on
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2019, 01:13:49 AM »

are you coming for marianne rn? girlfriend you are so on

My wife bought her book right after the debate, but not to support her run for President (Although she did mix it up a bit from what we are used to seeing in these formats).
terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2019, 11:45:37 AM »

None of those will be traded out, Delaney and Ryan both are 1.3% and Williamson has more than 65,000 donors so they all are in the debate
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2019, 11:46:04 PM »

Will the two nights also feature a random draw, or will one night be loser night?
henster
YaBB God

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2019, 11:59:54 PM »

I think we will finally see some dropouts by the time its announced who has qualified. Swalwell is likely being bumped out by Bullock so he's probably done. If Moulton doesn't make it either then I don't see how he can continue on. There is no viable path if you can't make the debates. September debate is when the real culling begins.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2019, 08:52:22 AM »

Will the two nights also feature a random draw, or will one night be loser night?

It'll probably be the same as June, with candidates at 2% or higher (and those below 2%) being split between the two nights.

Polling at 2% or higher among their top 3 polls: Biden, Sanders, Harris, Warren, Buttigieg, O'Rourke, Booker, Klobuchar, Castro, and Yang.
Ilhan Apologist
Glowfish

« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2019, 08:57:18 AM »

I think we will finally see some dropouts by the time its announced who has qualified. Swalwell is likely being bumped out by Bullock so he's probably done. If Moulton doesn't make it either then I don't see how he can continue on. There is no viable path if you can't make the debates. September debate is when the real culling begins.

Moulton never had a path to the nomination, and that never stopped him.
eric82oslo
Junior Chimp
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.00, S: -5.65

« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2019, 08:57:52 AM »

I hope Yang will be in with the more compassionate candidates in this debate; Warren, Castro, Gabbard, Inslee, Bullock, Klobuchar. I really hope he will avoid being drawn on the same night as the rude, obnoxious debaters; De Blasio, Delaney, Ryan and so on.
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.50

« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2019, 10:23:19 AM »

Bullock is a lock to replace Swalwell now
Unbeatable Titan Susan Collins
johnzaharoff

« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2019, 11:25:31 AM »

Bullock is a lock to replace Swalwell now

The torch has been passed.

🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2019, 12:35:51 PM »

Thx for sticking.

The criteria for this CNN debate are the same as for the MSNBC debate, but it seems Bullock has a better chance to qualify this time, as he now has the 3 polls necessary.

This will put him in a fight with Swalwell for the 20th spot, who also has 3 polls right now. But there's still 2 weeks left and more polls will come out until the DNC decides who has qualified.

If more than 20 candidates meet the criteria, how do they decide who to drop?
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2019, 01:03:33 PM »

Thx for sticking.

If more than 20 candidates meet the criteria, how do they decide who to drop?

The one who's polling the lowest; aka the guy who changed his son's diaper and thinks that qualifies him to be President of the United States.
beesley
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -4.52, S: 2.61

« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2019, 10:50:06 AM »

The sort of lineup I'd like

Sanders
Harris
Buttigieg
O'Rourke
Castro
Gillibrand
Bennet
Gabbard
Bullock
de Blasio

Biden
Warren
Klobuchar
Booker
Yang
Hickenlooper
Delaney
Ryan
Inslee
Williamson

Main factor: I want all the candidates to both have the opportunity to distinguish themselves and see something a bit different to the first debate.

whale
Rookie

« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2019, 12:56:00 PM »

It'll probably be the same as June, with candidates at 2% or higher (and those below 2%) being split between the two nights.

Polling at 2% or higher among their top 3 polls: Biden, Sanders, Harris, Warren, Buttigieg, O'Rourke, Booker, Klobuchar, Castro, and Yang.

I'm hoping they'll split the candidates by their placement in the June debate as well, so we can see more interaction between different candidates.  I'm imagining splitting the candidates into 5 groups:

Group A: Polling at 2% or higher, June debate 1 (Warren, O'Rourke, Booker, Klobuchar, Castro)
Group B: Polling at 2% or higher, June debate 2 (Biden, Sanders, Harris, Buttigieg, Yang)
Group C: Polling less than 2%, June debate 1 (Gabbard, Ryan, Inslee, De Blasio, Delaney)
Group D: Polling less than 2%, June debate 2 (Gillibrand, Hickenlooper, Williamson, Bennet)
Group E: Polling less than 2%, not in June debate (Bullock)

And for each July debate, they randomly draw 2-3 candidates from groups A-C, and 2 candidates from group D - with the restrictions that each debate has exactly 5 candidates from Groups A+B and exactly 5 candidates from Groups A+C.  Then, the debate with 9 candidates gets Bullock, so that each debate has 10 people.

...hopefully they can find an simpler way to describe the process

The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2019, 01:08:30 PM »

People are still going to go after Biden, but Harris and Warren will be bigger targets this time. I expect someone to go after Harris on her AG record and issue waffling. Perhaps Sanders will go after Warren on healthcare, not sure how she will get attacked. I’d be interested in seeing Castro vs Biden, Warren vs Sanders, Harris vs someone competent.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2019, 01:53:59 PM »

I hope the line-up is something like:

Night 1: Biden, Warren, Castro, Klobuchar, Delaney, Gillibrand, O'Rourke, Yang, Bullock
Night 2: Harris, Sanders, Gabbard, deBlasio, Inslee, Williamson, Bennet, Booker, Ryan
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2019, 02:01:26 PM »
« Edited: July 04, 2019, 02:35:01 PM by GeorgiaModerate »

Night 1: Biden, Warren, Castro, Klobuchar, Delaney, Gillibrand, O'Rourke, Yang, Bullock
Night 2: Harris, Sanders, Gabbard, deBlasio, Inslee, Williamson, Bennet, Booker, Ryan

Will they randomly draw the lineups again or make an effort to have different matchups this time?
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2019, 02:10:27 PM »

Will they randomly draw the lineups again or make an effort to have different matchips this time?

I hope they make an effort to have some real balance between the two debates. Maybe go by position in the polling average, 1-3-5-7-9 and 2-4-6-8-10 etc
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2019, 02:39:25 PM »

Yes! I want Warren and Biden in the same room.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2019, 03:08:16 PM »

As Trump recently became the first President ever to cross into North Korea, I guess that North Korea should be one of the topic of debate questions during that debate.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 62  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies