11 year old rape victim forced to carry to term thanks to Ohio law.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 04, 2024, 04:21:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  11 year old rape victim forced to carry to term thanks to Ohio law.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22
Author Topic: 11 year old rape victim forced to carry to term thanks to Ohio law.  (Read 24155 times)
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #400 on: May 15, 2019, 02:25:02 PM »

So much of this trash legislation comes from a mix of ignorance about women's sexual reproduction, complete religious nonsense, and the patriarchal cruelty to subjugate and dominate women.

Almost 20% of all pregnancies end in miscarriages, which are given the name "spontaneous abortion", how on Earth will the government deem what was a spontaneous abortion or a self-induced abortion? Is the government going to arrest women for the suspicion of obtaining or performing an abortion on themselves? What if they have a spontaneous abortion but a group of men want to scrutinize her behavior before said miscarriage? This group of anti-abortion lunatics already has made up their own science on this issue, so we can expect they'll just make up more nonsense regarding what a woman should be doing and is allowed to do while pregnant, no matter what the actual medical science says.

Where does this madness end?
Slander and/or Libel
Figs

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.83

« Reply #401 on: May 15, 2019, 03:06:37 PM »

I said that if abortion is murder then it needs to be outlawed, regardless of the fact that some people think otherwise.  I understand that you disagree with my position on abortion, but can't you at least see where I'm coming from?

Sure, though the insistence by most abortion-is-murder types that the woman shouldn’t be punished gives the lie to the “belief”.

How do you explain the passion of opposition held by millions, men and women, young and old?

I think they've been largely convinced that abortion is wrong, but I think their actions don't back up that calling it murder is anything but a rhetorical device. Most people who claim abortion is murder don't propose to hold women who seek abortions to the same punishments as people who murder actual living human beings.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #402 on: May 15, 2019, 03:08:12 PM »

So much of this trash legislation comes from a mix of ignorance about women's sexual reproduction, complete religious nonsense, and the patriarchal cruelty to subjugate and dominate women.

Almost 20% of all pregnancies end in miscarriages, which are given the name "spontaneous abortion", how on Earth will the government deem what was a spontaneous abortion or a self-induced abortion? Is the government going to arrest women for the suspicion of obtaining or performing an abortion on themselves? What if they have a spontaneous abortion but a group of men want to scrutinize her behavior before said miscarriage? This group of anti-abortion lunatics already has made up their own science on this issue, so we can expect they'll just make up more nonsense regarding what a woman should be doing and is allowed to do while pregnant, no matter what the actual medical science says.

Where does this madness end?

It will probably just be back and forth silliness for another 50 or 200 years and then either find a France,UK, Israel or Ireland-like compromise or it eventually destabilzes our society the way other societies that have made abortion  illegal tend to have gender ratios of 115 men for every 100 women. Maybe some women feel "protected" but such jackoffery but most women flee and do not look back unless they want to be turned into a pillar of salt or knows what spice.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #403 on: May 15, 2019, 04:17:32 PM »

I said that if abortion is murder then it needs to be outlawed, regardless of the fact that some people think otherwise.  I understand that you disagree with my position on abortion, but can't you at least see where I'm coming from?

Sure, though the insistence by most abortion-is-murder types that the woman shouldn’t be punished gives the lie to the “belief”.

I think that both the woman seeking the abortion and the doctor should receive a punishment.

I can see where you are coming from, and it's disgusting.
Chunk Yogurt for President!
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #404 on: May 15, 2019, 06:35:38 PM »

I think that both the woman seeking the abortion and the doctor should receive a punishment.

Same punishment as first degree murder? Potential death penalty for the mother?

I oppose the death penalty, so no.

Since there is a lot of misinformation about abortion, at first the punishment would be light (for the woman, the doctor would receive a very harsh punishment).
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #405 on: May 15, 2019, 06:38:35 PM »

What about the father or anyone who didn't say anything or helped? Shouldn't the father have known that his "son" or "daughter" was in danger? What would you say if a 4 year kid shot himself while his dad was binge watching cartoons in the next room?

It would be reviewed on a case by case basis.
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #406 on: May 15, 2019, 07:03:32 PM »

Since there is a lot of misinformation about abortion, at first the punishment would be light (for the woman, the doctor would receive a very harsh punishment).
Light?

Will she get a spanking and get grounded for a month?
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #407 on: May 15, 2019, 07:05:17 PM »

Light?

What about the father? He was out bangin' hoors when his baby momma cut up his kid.
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #408 on: May 15, 2019, 07:28:18 PM »

Light?

A short prison sentence.
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #409 on: May 15, 2019, 07:29:23 PM »

Light?

What about the father? He was out bangin' hoors when his baby momma cut up his kid.

He seems like a scumbag, but can it be proven that this person knew what was going on?
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #410 on: May 15, 2019, 08:15:56 PM »

How do you explain the passion of opposition held by millions, men and women, young and old?

I think they've been largely convinced that abortion is wrong, but I think their actions don't back up that calling it murder is anything but a rhetorical device. Most people who claim abortion is murder don't propose to hold women who seek abortions to the same punishments as people who murder actual living human beings.

There are people like yourself who insist that they aren't actual living human beings, so most of us would tend to be lenient if they seek an abortion under this misbelief.
Slander and/or Libel
Figs

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.83

« Reply #411 on: May 15, 2019, 08:52:40 PM »

There are people like yourself who insist that they aren't actual living human beings, so most of us would tend to be lenient if they seek an abortion under this misbelief.

So like, does that apply across the board? Like do you think someone who murders someone should get a lighter sentence if they insist the victim was subhuman?
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #412 on: May 15, 2019, 09:45:21 PM »

Light?

He seems like a scumbag, but can it be proven that this person knew what was going on?

You can’t be an ostrich from the law. It’s his kid. he should’ve known.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #413 on: May 15, 2019, 09:51:37 PM »

So like, does that apply across the board? Like do you think someone who murders someone should get a lighter sentence if they insist the victim was subhuman?
Yeah. That’s a big problem. Maybe you think abortion should be illegal for other reasons but not because abortion is murder.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #414 on: May 15, 2019, 09:59:48 PM »

Light?

A short prison sentence.

This is absurd. If abortion is punished it should be punished harshly as murder.
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #415 on: May 15, 2019, 10:08:08 PM »

Light?

Maybe she told him she had a miscarriage?
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #416 on: May 15, 2019, 10:09:17 PM »

Light?

A short prison sentence.

This is absurd. If abortion is punished it should be punished harshly as murder.

Due to misinformation by the abortion industry, many people aren't aware that it's murder.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #417 on: May 15, 2019, 10:12:39 PM »

Light?

A short prison sentence.

Due to misinformation by the abortion industry, many people aren't aware that it's murder.
That's why Bernie is pushing to ban abortions right? He refuses to take corporate PAC money so he can make all his policy choices influence-free. He hasn't taken a dime from those pesky infanticide lobbyists.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #418 on: May 15, 2019, 10:15:44 PM »
« Edited: May 15, 2019, 10:20:39 PM by Edgar Suit Larry »

I said that if abortion is murder then it needs to be outlawed, regardless of the fact that some people think otherwise.  I understand that you disagree with my position on abortion, but can't you at least see where I'm coming from?

Light?

A short prison sentence.

And what’s a short prison sentence anyway? You realize that in most states only lengthy incarcerations are actually punished in prisons.

Maybe you were thinking of one years’ probation on a first offenders’ plea where the defendant will go to church every Sunday and have to do six months of abstinence  education and then six months of catechism in either a Catholic Church or state approved church. The plea deal would not be available for anyone who has already been excommunicated from the Catholic Church or state church and would have to do a second offenders plea. The second offenders plea would be 15 months in prison or two years of felony probation and a hysterectomy. Third offense would be a hysterectomy. And by hysterectomy I mean everything. A complete spay plus removal of the genitals.

That’s right. I’m going to make this issue extra derpy.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #419 on: May 15, 2019, 10:18:00 PM »

Light?

Maybe she told him she had a miscarriage?

Maybe she told him she was 19 or 21 instead of 16.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #420 on: May 15, 2019, 10:20:16 PM »

Due to misinformation by the anti-abortion industry, many people aren't aware that it's not murder.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #421 on: May 15, 2019, 10:21:46 PM »

So we've now moved on to the totally sane and completely rational discussion of how much prison time an 11 year-old girl should get for choosing to abort her rapist's baby.

This thread is truly a shining moment for the Atlas Forum conservatives.  You're coming off so well here, really.  So many minds have been changed here.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #422 on: May 15, 2019, 10:23:20 PM »

Due to misinformation by the anti-abortion industry, many people aren't aware that it's not murder.

I mean the fact that there is an antiabortion lobby is proof enough that it isn’t murder. Why do I need a bunch of rich corrupt child rapists telling me basic black and white things? What’s next? Donald Trump telling me that stealing is wrong? That I should try to limit… You know… Cut back on my rapes?
You know. Try to get it down to humans only for a few weeks instead of going cold turkey.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #423 on: May 15, 2019, 10:24:19 PM »

I wish liberals would stop giving conservatives the benefit of the doubt that they really believe abortion is murder. If you really believe abortion was murder, you would be out there doing civil disobedience every day and formenting revolution against the government.

The vast majority of so-called pro-lifers don't actually think this way. They conveniently use this old trope as an excuse to (1) call people names, (2) selectively justify any position or supporting any awful person in politics.

The evidence only ever piles up that so-called pro-lifers are against womens' rights. Giving people an absurd benefit of the doubt at the end is not productive. Sure, some liberals have doubts about the morality of abortion, but you shouldn't project the uncertainties of your own conscience onto people acting in bad faith.
Xeuma
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: 0.00

P
« Reply #424 on: May 15, 2019, 10:24:23 PM »

Preterm-Cleveland and other women's health providers represented by the ACLU have filed suit and a request for preliminary injunction. I can't imagine that the court would rule against them, as the Northern Distict Court is comprised of mostly Clinton and Obama nominees.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies